rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

A game vs Bristol
Stoopendous (IP Logged)
17 December, 2017 17:19
Any chance that this might go ahead? Hopes and expectations not high.

Re: A game vs Bristol
HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
17 December, 2017 18:29
Don't see why not. if needed we will prob have a few guests playing. Currently second in the table also

Stoopendous (IP Logged)
17 December, 2017 23:04
Hmm Bristol United played against Leinster in the B+I cup on Friday night (losing 50:15). I doubt they will be up for a trip to The Stoop - but good on them if they are...

fandg2 (IP Logged)
18 December, 2017 12:13
Teams up

[www.quins.co.uk]

Bucksquin (IP Logged)
18 December, 2017 13:00
Hardly recognise anyone in the team.

never sleep (IP Logged)
18 December, 2017 13:56
The good news is that we have Winston Stanley on the bench if things start to go wrong.
I was hoping that Care and Robshaw would be starting so that they could get a few minutes of game time in prep for Saturday.
I was really hoping that we would see Saili tonight to get some game time.
Typically, this is the best a-game to go to (i.e. the one just before Xmas) as all of the players are usually there as they usually go for food afterwards.

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
18 December, 2017 14:05
Harlequins team to face Bristol United (from fandg2's link above)

15. Ross Chisholm
14. Max Coyle
13. Cadan Murley
12. Henry Cheeseman
11. Gabriel Ibitoye
10. Ian Prior
9. Jono Kitto (c)

1. Cameron Holenstein
2. Mike Mayhew
3. Josh Ibuanokpe
4. Dylan Flashman (Guest - Wimbledon)
5. Dino Lamb
6. Charlie Piper
7. Jack Glover (EPDG - Harrow School)
8. Archie White

16. George Head
17. Mark Lambert
18. Josh McNulty
19. Kane Alboni (Guest - Wimbledon)
20. Daniel Cuthbert (EPDG - City of London Freemen's School)
21. Jake Hennessey
22. Winston Stanley
23. Conrad Burne (Guest - Esher)

akb1 (IP Logged)
18 December, 2017 14:07
for anyone that doesn't like to click a link

Harlequins has named the matchday 23 to face Bristol United at The Stoop in the Premiership Rugby A League (Monday 18th December, kick-off 19:30).

Jono Kitto captains the side from scrum-half in a backline which features Academy members Gabriel Ibitoye, Max Coyle and Cadan Murley.

In the forwards Dino Lamb partners guest Dylan Flashman in the second row while Elite Player Development Group member Jack Glover starts at openside flanker.

Alongside Flashman, fellow guests Kane Alboni and Conrad Burne from Wimbledon and Esher repsectively are named among the replacements.

All A League matches are included in a 2017/18 Harlequins membership. Tickets on the gate will cost £5 for adult non-Members and will be free of charge for junior non-Members.

If you can't make it tonight's match at The Stoop, it'll be livestreamed on Harlequins' Facebook page.

Harlequins team to face Bristol United

15. Ross Chisholm
14. Max Coyle
13. Cadan Murley
12. Henry Cheeseman
11. Gabriel Ibitoye
10. Ian Prior
9. Jono Kitto (c)

1. Cameron Holenstein
2. Mike Mayhew
3. Josh Ibuanokpe
4. Dylan Flashman (Guest - Wimbledon)
5. Dino Lamb
6. Charlie Piper
7. Jack Glover (EPDG - Harrow School)
8. Archie White

16. George Head
17. Mark Lambert
18. Josh McNulty
19. Kane Alboni (Guest - Wimbledon)
20. Daniel Cuthbert (EPDG - City of London Freemen's School)
21. Jake Hennessey
22. Winston Stanley
23. Conrad Burne (Guest - Esher)

akb1 (IP Logged)
18 December, 2017 14:13
apologies, Bolly-Quin beat me to it.

Interesting team, with several guests and a few playing out of position.

If you can't make it tonight's match at The Stoop, it'll be livestreamed on Harlequins' Facebook page.

Jim H (IP Logged)
18 December, 2017 18:07
Bristol United team to face Harlequins at the Stoop on Monday, 18 December (7.30pm KO):

15. George Perkins; 14. Ali Greig (Bristol Uni), 13. Archie Russell (Cambridge Uni), 12. James Newey, 11. Tom Hargan; 10. Sam Leaming (Hartpury), 9. Reiss Cullen; 1. Tom Rowland, 2. Jordon Liney, 3. Alex Giltrow, 4. Giorgi Nemsadze (c), 5. David Hill (Clifton RFC), 6. Dan Thurston, 7. Fergus Manners (Old Colstonians), Ollie Lyons (Bristol Uni).

Replacements: 16. Nick Freeman, 17. Sam Coles (Weston RFC), 18. Nick English, 19. Sam Tiley (Uni of South Wales), 20. Sam Taylor (Hartpury), 21. Ryan Glynn, 21. Joe Burgess (Academy U18s), 23. Marcus Nel (Weston RFC).

Not sure how serious its being taken on the strength of that side.

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
18 December, 2017 19:14

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
18 December, 2017 19:14
14-7 so far. Two tries from Big Josh.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
18 December, 2017 19:15
Make that 21-7 after 16 minutes. Sounds pretty non-stop.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
18 December, 2017 19:22
24 minutes, bonus point secured. 26-7.

T-Bone (IP Logged)
18 December, 2017 20:25
Fun stuff so far. Josh really is enormous

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
How many of these Bristol players are Bristol players?

Tonbridge Quin (IP Logged)
59-14

T-Bone (IP Logged)
18 December, 2017 21:38
Blimey, what a thumping

akb1 (IP Logged)
18 December, 2017 21:14
73 - 14 FT.

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
18 December, 2017 21:24
Quins Facebook Page

Harlequins made it four A League wins on the spin as they scored 11 tries in a 73-14 rout of Bristol United at The Stoop.

A Josh Ibuanokpe double, plus scores from Max Coyle and guest Dylan Flashman, gave Quins a first half try bonus point as they went into the break ahead 26-14.

The Londoners scored seven more in the second spell as Gabriel Ibitoye picked up an impressive brace while Cadan Murley, Ian Prior, Ross Chisholm, Mike Mayhew and guest Conrad Burne all joined in on the fun. Quins romping home 73-14 to round out the first block of A League pool fixtures.

Earlier, Harlequins arrived at The Stoop for their first A League match since late October when they beat Saracens Storm at Esher RFC. In that match Josh Ibuanokpe was the star of the show as he scored two tries in the come-from-behind win, and the young prop scored a brace again. His converted tries both coming from close range as he powered over in the 8th and 14th minute to bookend a Jordon Limey score for the visitors.

Harlequins' third came from further out after Jono Kitto chipped the defence and an unlucky bounce saw Bristol’s defence exposed as guest player Dylan Flashman was on hand to collect and score for Quins. Ian Prior remained perfect from the tee as Harlequins leapt out to a 21-7 lead with less than a quarter of the match played.

Only five minutes later and Tom Williams’ men had their bonus point with a stunning touchdown. Cadan Murley breaking excellently down the right wing before popping an inside ball to fellow Academy prospect Max Coyle to race over.

Before the half Bristol pulled one back when Alex Giltrow charged over from close but Quins headed into the sheds with a deserved 26-14 lead.

Harlequins came out hot in the second half with two sensational runs to get their next two scores. First it was prop Cameron Holenstein who rumbled 40 metres down field dispatching all in sight, as his side set up Ian Prior to dive over for five of his 21 points on the evening.

Only a few minutes later and Gabriel Ibitoye went even further (and a lot faster) when he intercepted deep in his own half and had the gas to go in under the sticks for a 40-14 lead.

The tries kept coming for Quins as Cadan Murley latched on to a Prior cross field kick before stepping his man to score in the 53rd minute.

Ten minutes later, Ibitoye had a brace of his own following a short inside ball that saw him glide in stylishly under the sticks to bring up the 50 for Harlequins.

The impressive display was capped off in the final ten minutes by guest Conrad Burne, veteran Ross Chisholm and loanee Mike Mayhew who all ran in a late tries as Quins scored 11 tries, and eight conversions, in the 73-14 walloping.

Harlequins return to A League action in the New Year with Premiership Rugby set to confirm the next block of fixtures later this week. Harlequins sit second in the Southern Conference so qualify for the second round as one of the top five placed teams.

jonf (IP Logged)
19 December, 2017 07:56
was good to watch it streamed live.

DOK (IP Logged)
19 December, 2017 08:11
Their two tries came early in the game from pick and drive in the red zone. We were unable to stop them there. Fortunately they never really got back there after that.

DOK (IP Logged)
19 December, 2017 08:34

never sleep (IP Logged)
19 December, 2017 08:58
Although pretty chilly, it was an enjoyable night.
The first half was entertaining. The first few minutes of the second half unfortunately put the game away.
I was impressed by Cadan Murley and Cheeseman at centres. Ibitoye was a real handful. I also think that Piper had a good game.
But, basically, the game was won by our two props. Ibuanokpe and He-Man.

- - - but, the star of the night had to be Ian Prior. His kicking routine is something to behold.

DOK (IP Logged)
19 December, 2017 09:01
Indeed...should he make it to the first team the commentators are going to love him! smiling smiley

blucherquin (IP Logged)
19 December, 2017 09:19
Let’s all hope Flashman ends up a quins player. We need more 1920s adventurers.

never sleep (IP Logged)
19 December, 2017 09:30
I just checked out Flashman on Wikipedia and found this interesting note - "Flashman's expulsion from Rugby School for drunkenness leads him to join the British Army."

and

"expert cricket-bowler, but only through hard effort (he needed sporting credit at Rugby School, and feared to play rugby football)"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/12/2017 09:31 by never sleep.

Jim H (IP Logged)
19 December, 2017 09:35
Quote:
RodneyRegis
How many of these Bristol players are Bristol players?

Of the starting side 6 of the starting line up aren't, and Old Colstonians are Gloucester 1 league (not even regional level), and 4 of the bench, as the "A" side played Leinster as we've given up on the B&I cup.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
19 December, 2017 09:38
Tom Williams for DOR?

If at first you don't succeed, Try, Try and Try again.

never sleep (IP Logged)
19 December, 2017 10:01
I can see a Tom Williams being head coach in years to come (and maybe a DOR after that). He seems to be doing a good job with the a-league and has experience coaching England U20.

TitusQuin (IP Logged)
19 December, 2017 20:30
Aren't the A team coached by the senior coaching staff as part of the wider squad? A lot of those players have played first team and would be a part of the main squad during the day which would make Mapletoft and Kingston the geniuses behind it.

Or is it the match day inspiration of Tom Williams that is the difference?

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
20 December, 2017 10:32
Quote:
TitusQuin
Aren't the A team coached by the senior coaching staff as part of the wider squad? A lot of those players have played first team and would be a part of the main squad during the day which would make Mapletoft and Kingston the geniuses behind it.
Or is it the match day inspiration of Tom Williams that is the difference?

Since JK is DoR, and ultimately responsible for everything that happens on the pitch, he should be commended on a fine win and a great performance.

Except many on here would never consider that.

akb1 (IP Logged)
20 December, 2017 11:15
Isn't Jim Evans head academy coach? Does he get any credit?

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
20 December, 2017 11:17
The coaching is a collective but of course Budgie must go.

never sleep (IP Logged)
20 December, 2017 11:17
I think that the difference is - the tactics/half time talks/timings of the subs/etc is the responsibility of Williams whereas in a normal game, all these are up to Mapletoft.

quin_jon (IP Logged)
20 December, 2017 12:44
Quote:
Scaramouche
Tom Williams for DOR?

What! You should know by now that promoting from within is the cheapskate option and hardly, if ever, works

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
20 December, 2017 13:25
Worked for leicester for a little while?

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
21 December, 2017 01:54
Still no plaudits for JK?

DOK (IP Logged)
21 December, 2017 11:35
You really don't understand how this management thing works, do you QK? When we lose, it's all JK's fault because he bears ultimate responsibility. When we win it's all Tom Williams influence that won us the game despite JK's influence! smiling smiley

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
21 December, 2017 20:43
Quote:
DOK
You really don't understand how this management thing works, do you QK? When we lose, it's all JK's fault because he bears ultimate responsibility. When we win it's all Tom Williams influence that won us the game despite JK's influence! smiling smiley

I see... Thanks for explaining it DOK. So basically, JK is never to be spoken of in a positive way. That explains a lot smiling smiley

talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
21 December, 2017 21:05
Are the pro JK brigade really clinging to an A game result against a Championship C team as evidence of success?

Really?

No...really?!

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
22 December, 2017 00:09
Quote:
talkshowhost86
Are the pro JK brigade really clinging to an A game result against a Championship C team as evidence of success?
Really?

No...really?!

Would you describe it as evidence of failure?

Really?

No...really?

quin_jon (IP Logged)
22 December, 2017 09:58
Quote:
talkshowhost86
Really?

No...really?!

For what it's worth that's not my interpretation of this thread.

I see it as a few people taking the Michael out of the anti JK brigade who jump on anything negative and twist it to be JKs fault.

It definitely feels to me to be more tongue in cheek than some of the the anti-rants.

Just my interpretation though so appreciate that that will be different to that of others.

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
22 December, 2017 10:02
Well done JK for beating a championship c team.

22 December, 2017 10:18
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
talkshowhost86
Really?

No...really?!

Really?

No...really?

Nope I wouldn't. Which is why I didn't say anything of the sort.

You, on the other hand, have specifically said that it should be something that is counted in JK's favour.

Which is what I was incredulous at. And still am.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
22 December, 2017 14:33
Quote:
talkshowhost86
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
talkshowhost86
Really?

No...really?!

Really?

No...really?

You, on the other hand, have specifically said that it should be something that is counted in JK's favour.

Or you could learn a thing or two from jon_quin...

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
22 December, 2017 14:49
Quote:
quin_jon
Quote:
talkshowhost86
Really?

No...really?!

For what it's worth that's not my interpretation of this thread.

I see it as a few people taking the Michael out of the anti JK brigade who jump on anything negative and twist it to be JKs fault.

It definitely feels to me to be more tongue in cheek than some of the the anti-rants.

Just my interpretation though so appreciate that that will be different to that of others.

Tongue in cheek or smug/sanctimonious?

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
22 December, 2017 16:26
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
talkshowhost86
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
talkshowhost86
Really?

No...really?!

Really?

No...really?

Who he? The Dark Side of quin_jon?

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
22 December, 2017 16:32
Quote:
Scaramouche
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
talkshowhost86
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
talkshowhost86
Really?

No...really?!

Really?

No...really?

Who he? The Dark Side of quin_jon?

That's the chap, mouche-scara...

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
22 December, 2017 16:37
"Time for bed!"....said Florence, hopefully.

UQ (IP Logged)
22 December, 2017 19:49
A great performance from our guns

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 22/12/2017 20:01 by UQ.

23 December, 2017 01:47
Love the old ‘tongue in cheek’ line when you realise you’ve said something fairly silly.

Always a good get out.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
23 December, 2017 08:17
Quote:
talkshowhost86
Love the old ‘tongue in cheek’ line when you realise you’ve said something fairly silly.
Always a good get out.

I'm sure you do.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net