Re: Wayne Barnes to Break Record
Scaramouche (IP Logged)
19 December, 2017 17:34
Booooooooo

Rodders you p-lonker!

Months KYT (IP Logged)
19 December, 2017 18:41
Barnes is a bombscare who always has to be the centre of attention on the pitch . Has ruined more games than I can remember

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/12/2017 21:04 by DOK.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
19 December, 2017 20:30
Quote:
Months KYT
Barnes is a bombscare who always has to be the centre of attention on the pitch . Has ruined more games than I can remember

Youíll be unsurprised to learn that I donít agree, think itís great we have an Englishman as one of the worldís most respected refs - and while he has the odd duff game; think heís generally spot on.

Youíll also be unsurprised to hear that your ďjokeĒ change of his first name isnít rugby

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/12/2017 21:04 by DOK.

SiBolton (IP Logged)
19 December, 2017 20:32
Without doubt one of the best refs there is

Cookie (IP Logged)
19 December, 2017 21:20
Agree with Si and BQ. Excellent operator.

Mayor West (IP Logged)
19 December, 2017 21:36
Now who have I heard the expression "bomb scare" from before? I have often thought Wayne has had a game full of dodgy calls while watching him at the Stoop. Upon seeing the games on the telly I have found out why these calls have been made. He has almost completely got it right,which is more than some refs we've had.

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
19 December, 2017 21:40
Quote:
Months KYT

Perhaps he knows the game better than you...

Hellequin (IP Logged)
19 December, 2017 22:13
Think he is a great ref except for when he is reffing us, in which case he is really harsh on us because he is local.

MrOther (IP Logged)
20 December, 2017 08:05
I have the impression that he is a fair and accurate adjudicator of the rules, but I find his narcissistic manner deeply unattractive and I enjoy a game less when he is reffing as a result.

MrOther (IP Logged)
20 December, 2017 08:09
Quote:
MrOther
I have the impression that he is a fair and accurate adjudicator of the rules, but I find his narcissistic manner deeply unattractive and I enjoy a game less when he is reffing as a result.

By the way, I am accusing Wayne Barnes of narcissism here. I'm not saying he's a "Melon Heed", but he could well find my comment insulting. Indeed I mean it as an insult. My post should be deleted.

DOK (IP Logged)
20 December, 2017 08:17
Quote:
MrOther
Quote:
MrOther

By the way, I am accusing Wayne Barnes of narcissism here. I'm not saying he's a "Melon Heed", but he could well find my comment insulting. Indeed I mean it as an insult. My post should be deleted.

It can be arranged! smiling smiley

MrOther (IP Logged)
20 December, 2017 08:26
Quote:
DOK
Quote:
MrOther
Quote:
MrOther

It can be arranged! smiling smiley

Yeah, but it's nearly Christmas interfaith festival of the winter solstice, so let's be nice to each other, eh?

:-)

Fursty (IP Logged)
20 December, 2017 08:39
Still not forgiven him for the yellow card he gave Will Skinner against Leicester when the ball popped out the back of the tigers scrum.

In all seriousness though I would much rather Wayne than any other premiership ref for any of our games.

Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
20 December, 2017 09:31
Quote:
Months KYT

Fair play to you Bish, you don't care how silly you look!

blucherquin (IP Logged)
20 December, 2017 09:42
Quote:
MrOther
Quote:
MrOther

Oddly I agree with you - but I think itís unfair on how Barnes is now. He used to be like you say - I donít think he is anymore. Just like our own Mr Care I think heís matured into his job.

Cookie (IP Logged)
20 December, 2017 10:27
Doesn't get more narcissistic than Nigel Owens, but everyone seems to love him (myself included). Both good at their jobs, which is the main thing. The rest is just noise.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
20 December, 2017 11:10
One is a little camp and quite funny and the other would not know how to crack a joke.

Rodders you p-lonker!

Cookie (IP Logged)
20 December, 2017 11:41
Disagree totally. He's got plenty of banter. For example: [youtu.be]

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
20 December, 2017 12:23
[uk.video.search.yahoo.com]

Rodders you p-lonker!

blucherquin (IP Logged)
20 December, 2017 13:26
Quote:
Scaramouche
One is a little camp and quite funny and the other would not know how to crack a joke.

Seems pretty funny to me and seems to have good relationships with the players. Heís good on Rugby Tonight as well. Fair play I say, canít be easy being the easy target for every fan.

talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
20 December, 2017 15:49
There was a period when quite a few games he reffed of ours seemed to go against us in terms of decisions, and if I remember correctly our scrum in particular seemed to keep getting on his wrong side.

I think some fans cling to this (as shown in this thread) as a reason to dislike him, but I'm not sure he was always wrong in those games, and he's clearly very well respected throughout the game as a top ref.

I think being a ref is probably one of the hardest jobs in the sport, so fair play to him for his longevity.

Agree with Blucher that he's good on Rugby Tonight as well.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
20 December, 2017 16:35
Wazza can do no wrong in my eyes!

[origin.premiershiprugby.com]

Rodders you p-lonker!

MrOther (IP Logged)
23 December, 2017 22:33
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
MrOther
Quote:
MrOther

Oddly I agree with you - but I think itís unfair on how Barnes is now. He used to be like you say - I donít think he is anymore. Just like our own Mr Care I think heís matured into his job.

With your comment in mind, I watched him closely through the Warriors-Irish game. I think you're right. It's not all-about-Wayne any more. That probably changed a while ago and I hadn't noticed. Thx.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/12/2017 08:30 by MrOther.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net