rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

One for the cyclists
akb1 (IP Logged)
21 December, 2017 16:06
[www.quins.co.uk]

Cycle 200km from The Stoop, home of Harlequins, to raise funds for the Harlequins Foundation and support us as we take on Gloucester Rugby at Kingsholm on the weekend of 13th April 2018*.

Re: One for the cyclists
blucherquin (IP Logged)
22 December, 2017 07:08
Join us as we jump red lights and wear Lycra thinking we look like Chris Froome despite looking more like Christopher Biggins......

(Lights blue touch paper and stands well back....)

Roaming Quin (IP Logged)
22 December, 2017 09:22
Lol BQ.

MrOther (IP Logged)
22 December, 2017 13:41
Quote:
blucherquin
Join us as we jump red lights and wear Lycra thinking we look like Chris Froome despite looking more like Christopher Biggins......

How much of Froome’s performance enhancing asthma drug am I allowed to shoot up?

Brown Bottle (IP Logged)
22 December, 2017 17:28
Quote:
MrOther
Quote:
blucherquin

How much of Froome’s performance enhancing asthma drug am I allowed to shoot up?

Unless you've got a lung problem it's highly unlikely it would help you at all, so puff away!

BB

blucherquin (IP Logged)
22 December, 2017 17:32
Quote:
Brown Bottle
Quote:
MrOther
Quote:
blucherquin

Unless you've got a lung problem it's highly unlikely it would help you at all, so puff away!

Yeah...or it would improve your oxygen conversion rate if you were part of a cheating team.

Fursty (IP Logged)
22 December, 2017 17:38
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
Brown Bottle
Quote:
MrOther
Quote:
blucherquin

How much of Froome�s performance enhancing asthma drug am I allowed to shoot up?

Yeah...or it would improve your oxygen conversion rate if you were part of a cheating team.

Salbutamol has next to no effect in athletes who don't have asthma. It's also got nothing to do with oxygen conversion.

Brown Bottle (IP Logged)
22 December, 2017 17:42
Quote:
Salbutamol has next to no effect in athletes who don't have asthma. It's also got nothing to do with oxygen conversion.

Quite.

BB

blucherquin (IP Logged)
22 December, 2017 18:54
Quote:
Brown Bottle
Quote:

Quite.

Ok got that wrong. Sky probably just mailed him something else in an envelope that everyone will conventiently forget.

Dinsdale (IP Logged)
23 December, 2017 14:54
Quote:
Fursty
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
Brown Bottle
Quote:
MrOther
Quote:
blucherquin

How much of Froome�s performance enhancing asthma drug am I allowed to shoot up?

Ah, bless.

[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

Fursty (IP Logged)
23 December, 2017 16:40
Quote:

Well most tests (including far more recent ones published in the BMJ) would disagree.

Dinsdale (IP Logged)
23 December, 2017 16:45
Quote:
Fursty
Quote:

Well most tests (including far more recent ones published in the BMJ) would disagree.

Links?

MrOther (IP Logged)
23 December, 2017 22:28
Quote:
Dinsdale
Quote:
Fursty
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
Brown Bottle
Quote:
MrOther
Quote:
blucherquin

How much of Froome's performance enhancing asthma drug am I allowed to shoot up?

Ah, bless.

[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

Thank you.

Brown Bottle (IP Logged)
24 December, 2017 12:28
Quote:
Dinsdale
Quote:
Fursty
Quote:

Links?

[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

From 2015.

BB

Dinsdale (IP Logged)
24 December, 2017 12:40
Quote:
Brown Bottle
Quote:
Dinsdale
Quote:
Fursty
Quote:

Links?

[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

From 2015.

That's for inhaled and at low doses. Exceeding the threshold levels via inhalation is difficult - although there's some evidence it might be possible.

Brown Bottle (IP Logged)
24 December, 2017 18:20
Quote:
That's for inhaled and at low doses. Exceeding the threshold levels via inhalation is difficult - although there's some evidence it might be possible.

Look, it was just the first recent test I found. And as you admit, the evidence against is far from conclusive.

BB

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
24 December, 2017 18:45
And.....Breath....!

If at first you don't succeed, Try, Try and Try again.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
25 December, 2017 17:27
Middle aged men squeezing themselves into Lycra, shaving their legs and trying not eat sugar. Desperately pretending it’s not the twitching impotent spasms of a chastrated mid-life crisis....yawn.....

Rocker (IP Logged)
26 December, 2017 00:05
Yes just buy a motorcycle instead. Much cooler :-)

blucherquin (IP Logged)
26 December, 2017 09:07
Quote:
Rocker

Bingo...and you get there quicker and no one has to shave their legs

Rocker (IP Logged)
26 December, 2017 12:16
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
Rocker

Bingo...and you get there quicker and no one has to shave their legs

And statistically its safer in London....

Cookie (IP Logged)
17 January, 2018 12:24
Final details have been confirmed: Ride To Gloucester

With the Gloucester fixture now confirmed us a Sat 3pm game, the details have been finalised for this ride.

Was keen right up to the point I saw they're going to be doing 170km in a day. Need to be a little bit more than an enthusiast for this. I'm comfortable for 60 miles/100km, but this is a bit stiff and in Ride London 100 territory (which I did complete eventually). Thought they'd split it up more evenly than 170km Friday, 30km Saturday.

QuinAlan (IP Logged)
17 January, 2018 19:40
Shame. Would have had a go at this but I am away at that time cycling in Mallorca. Hope some folk can be positive & support it.

Cookie (IP Logged)
18 January, 2018 07:39
Quote:
QuinAlan
Shame. Would have had a go at this but I am away at that time cycling in Mallorca. Hope some folk can be positive & support it.

Is that the 312, QA.

If you like cycling breaks, check out my friend's company www.sporrivebreaks.com. Twickenham company.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net