rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

70000 sold for BG10
blucherquin (IP Logged)
23 December, 2017 10:43
Looks like any worries about being the day before NYE were wrong - 70k sold with a week to go.

Canít wait .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23/12/2017 10:44 by blucherquin.

Re: 70000 sold for BG10
RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
23 December, 2017 12:14
Excellent work, should be rocking. How does that compare with previous games? Any chance of a sellout?

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
23 December, 2017 12:24
Club said that the average att for BG is 77,500 and this year will make it over 750,000 tickets sold over the 10 years. I think there have been 3 sell outs (maybe four??)

Cookie (IP Logged)
23 December, 2017 13:00
You mean 70,000 dispensed? I got 4 freebies ;-)

blucherquin (IP Logged)
23 December, 2017 13:36
Quote:
Cookie

Yes I think every kids choir and acrobat troupe and bridge club in the country are being bussed in it to make up numbers...

Stand up for the Harelquins........

QuickerQuin (IP Logged)
23 December, 2017 17:41
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
Cookie

Yes I think every kids choir and acrobat troupe and bridge club in the country are being bussed in it to make up numbers...

Stand up for the Harelquins........

Huh.

I wish someone would give me a free ticket.

New Forest Quin (IP Logged)
23 December, 2017 17:45
70,000+ for 9th v 10th.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
23 December, 2017 19:32
Quote:
New Forest Quin
70,000+ for 9th v 10th.

To be honest the rugby is merely a backdrop to a great Xmas day out with friends - at least we might get a win

MrOther (IP Logged)
23 December, 2017 19:52
Quote:
New Forest Quin
70,000+ for 9th v 10th.

Just watched 11th v 12th from yesterday (on the plastic at Sixways). Enjoyed it more than our Newcastle defeat. Could be that itís better watching as a neutral, I suppose.

Mancquin (IP Logged)
25 December, 2017 17:40
I shall be watching it on Channel 5 ,despite being a season ticket holder for 18 years I have had enough of club rugby at Twickenham. Freezing cold. Windy terraces. Poor sight lines unless you pay a fortune. It's like the London Double Header. Nice to see people who don't normally watch rugby turning up and good for the coffers. After all that's what it's about isn't it? Making a good return for the owners of the club and the supporters will tolerate anything as they have no say.

Yareet (IP Logged)
25 December, 2017 18:13
Quote:
Mancquin
I shall be watching it on Channel 5 ,despite being a season ticket holder for 18 years I have had enough of club rugby at Twickenham.

Out of interest why is club rugby any different at Twickenham to international? Or representative? I assume youíve boycotted Twickenham for any game.

Quote:
Mancquin
Freezing cold. Windy terraces.

Itís December. What weather would be acceptable? Wear the right clothing and enjoy a game of rugby. I assume the Manc part of your name doesnít mean you're a fellow northerner!

Quote:
Mancquin
Poor sight lines unless you pay a fortune.

There are tickets in the upper tier south stand available for £24. Youíll have a great view of the running lines in defence and attack.

Plus as a STH, isnít your ticket to BG10 already paid for?

Quote:
Mancquin
It's like the London Double Header. Nice to see people who don't normally watch rugby turning up and good for the coffers. After all that's what it's about isn't it? Making a good return for the owners of the club and the supporters will tolerate anything as they have no say.

Except supporters do have a say. If enough people followed your lead and refused to go to Twickenham the game would of course be moved back to the Stoop. If you are able to say no, why is nobody else?

Apart from that I agree with everything you say!

Uncle Arthur (IP Logged)
25 December, 2017 18:14
Quote:
Mancquin
I shall be watching it on Channel 5 ,despite being a season ticket holder for 18 years I have had enough of club rugby at Twickenham. Freezing cold. Windy terraces. Poor sight lines unless you pay a fortune.

Oh bless!

Fearless Fred (IP Logged)
25 December, 2017 18:32
There haven't been terraces at Twickenham for quite a few years now...

blucherquin (IP Logged)
25 December, 2017 19:26
Quote:
Mancquin
I shall be watching it on Channel 5 ,despite being a season ticket holder for 18 years I have had enough of club rugby at Twickenham. Freezing cold. Windy terraces. Poor sight lines unless you pay a fortune. It's like the London Double Header. Nice to see people who don't normally watch rugby turning up and good for the coffers. After all that's what it's about isn't it? Making a good return for the owners of the club and the supporters will tolerate anything as they have no say.

Fantastic stadium, no poor sight lines anywhere Iíve sat, nothing like the double header and always fantastic for the supporters - guess it just depends

TheSouthfields2 (IP Logged)
27 December, 2017 13:29
We have 2 spare tickets for the Big Game in Blocl L33 as two have dropped out. Too late for Viagogo or Stub Hut or whatever. To Quins fans at facevalue, I know it's frowned upon to do this but if someone is desperate to go?

Mancquin (IP Logged)
28 December, 2017 10:47
Twickenham Stadium is terraced. You sit on seats built on a terrace. This is how you get 80,000 spectators in a relatively small area by building upwards in parallel terraces. The top one third have poor sight lines because you are looking down onto the heads of the players. When selecting your tickets on line you are warned that some of the seats are not suitable for people suffering from vertigo!
So I agree that it is a very special sporting and social event and for that reason I watch 6 Nations or decent AI games there, but for a Club game there is no comparison with The Stoop for closeness to the pitch and atmosphere.
The owners of Quins need to sell tickets and merchandise, drinks and food so they market them to you. Just as the Glaziers do at Manchester United.
You can accept or decline their offers.
In this case I decline.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
28 December, 2017 22:54
Sitting in the top tier is not a poor sight line, itís high up.

Mancquin (IP Logged)
28 December, 2017 23:34
My mistake. You get a great view of the top of their heads.

poorfour (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 10:15
Quote:
Mancquin
My mistake. You get a great view of the top of their heads.

And the lines they're running and the patterns they're defending. Personally, I prefer to be lower down and in the middle, but I've sat in pretty much every part of Twickenham over the years and never had a bad view of the game. You see different things from different angles, but it's always a good view. Generally, you either get a great view of the game as a whole but lose a bit of the detail, or you see more detail at the expense of the big picture.

You pays your money, you takes your choice.

talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 10:29
Well it looks like Care, Visser and Luamanu will be in the team based on a tweet erroneously sent out by Quins (now deleted).

A good start to the 15.

Yareet (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 10:54
Quote:
Mancquin
the supporters will tolerate anything as they have no say.

Quote:
Mancquin
You can accept or decline their offers.

So which is it?

fandg2 (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 11:01
Quote:
poorfour
...... but I've sat in pretty much every part of Twickenham over the years and never had a bad view of the game.

I'd give the first 6 or so rows of the lower tier a miss. I once took a wheel chair user and we were pitch side. That low down that you could'nt really see the action over the far side of the pitch, at the time I did a quick straw survey and figured the 1st 6 or so rows would be a similar viewpoint so made a mental note to avoid in future.

Won't be happening tomorrow though, in a middle tier box around halfway ;-)))

QuickerQuin (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 11:06
[quote fandg2][quote poorfour]

Won't be happening tomorrow though, in a middle tier box around halfway ;-)))[/quote]

I may be wrong of course - in fact, I frequently am wrong.

But

I don't think there are any boxes on the middle tier?

poorfour (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 11:26
Quote:
fandg2
Quote:
poorfour
...... but I've sat in pretty much every part of Twickenham over the years and never had a bad view of the game.

I'd give the first 6 or so rows of the lower tier a miss. I once took a wheel chair user and we were pitch side. That low down that you could'nt really see the action over the far side of the pitch, at the time I did a quick straw survey and figured the 1st 6 or so rows would be a similar viewpoint so made a mental note to avoid in future.

Won't be happening tomorrow though, in a middle tier box around halfway ;-)))

Good for you.

I've sat in those first few rows before, when we had very small children. It gives you a great feeling of being close to the action when it's close to you, but you do miss out on a lot when it's the far corner of the pitch

fandg2 (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 12:52
[quote QuickerQuin][quote fandg2][quote poorfour]

But

I don't think there are any boxes on the middle tier?[/quote]

Think it's classed as Upper Tier but is actually at the back of the middle tier below Upper tier. Well that's were I think it is lol, I'll find out tomorrow ;-)

QuickerQuin (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 15:55
What is the box number, or the first figure if you prefer (it will be a number between 1 and 6).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net