rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

OT (sort of) Saints problems are Quins problems
blucherquin (IP Logged)
23 December, 2017 14:50
Interesting chat on BT about what’s happening at Saints.

Critical of Hartley’s comments about “if you’re not in the dressing room you don’t know what’s happening” - saying fans deserve more and do know what they’re on about. To quote Healey “and they’ve been watching largely dross here for two years so they’re owed something”

Thing that struck me was Bayfield saying the big problem was too many players had been there too long and there had been no long term plan post 2014 Champions win.

Well we can add another 2 years to that and still only just starting to see changes to the squad - even if some of them have been permanently injured......

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23/12/2017 20:03 by blucherquin.

Re: OT (sort of) Saints problems
blucherquin (IP Logged)
23 December, 2017 19:48
I’m bumping my own thread up because after today I’m officially over giving everyone time to sort Quins out and to me it feels identical to what was being said about Saints today.

Post 2012 it’s pretty clear there was no vision for how to continue to develop the playing side in terms of coaching and strategy or indeed the make up of the squad.

That comment about players being allowed to hang around too long is just ringing in my ears.

Our dressing room and coaching is stale and they’re all mates (Easter, Evans, etc) and it’s killing us,

I actually don’t blame Kingston or think he’s necessarily a bad DOR - he’s talked about having the wrong balance of players and changing the way we play and I’ve liked his signings (in principle for many since they haven’t actually played) but I think sadly now it was never going to work because he’s been in there with them while it’s all been drifting - so he’s wrong for us because the whole thing is rotten.

Don’t need anyone kicked out now - I want a proper clearout for next year and fresh ideas.

Re: OT (sort of) Saints problems are Quins problems
PickledPelican (IP Logged)
23 December, 2017 21:28
Agree with Blucher!

(Kicked up!)

Quaking Quin (IP Logged)
23 December, 2017 23:56
Are you suggesting Ellis tells the entire coaching teams that they have until the end of the season and to do their best in the meantime?

Then trawl the world for a new coaching team in the New Year and get the proposed DoR to have an overview of proceedings and recruitment over the remainder of the season and end up with Mallinder or Lancaster plus all their old coaching baggage.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/12/2017 01:16 by Quaking Quin.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
24 December, 2017 07:16
Quite.

If at first you don't succeed, Try, Try and Try again.

talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
24 December, 2017 08:01
Quote:
Quaking Quin
Are you suggesting Ellis tells the entire coaching teams that they have until the end of the season and to do their best in the meantime?
Then trawl the world for a new coaching team in the New Year and get the proposed DoR to have an overview of proceedings and recruitment over the remainder of the season and end up with Mallinder or Lancaster plus all their old coaching baggage.

Don’t think he suggested that at all.

If Ellis decides to wait until the Sunmer he can still sound out potential replacements in the meantime.

Personally I’d pull the trigger now before we slip down the table even more and get Mallinder in quickly to give him 5-6 months to work out what needs changing.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
24 December, 2017 08:40
Mallinder is not a machine. He needs time to rest, take stock and get his head together. I think he is too nice for our needs anyway.

Dibden (IP Logged)
24 December, 2017 09:40
The top management ar Saints had the balls to sack Jim mid season knowing most good coaches are contract bound and not available.Can anyone envisage our lot doing the same?I have me doubts.The crunch for me is whether they wield the axe next summer when they have enough evidence to say enough is enough.Again I suspect the issue will be glossed over.

Quaking Quin (IP Logged)
24 December, 2017 10:07
Wait 'til summer for a change of DoR and Quins will have effectively lost another season.

Most big deals are negotiated with players in the New Year. By May/June squads are sorted with only the odd journeyman and pension-seeker still available.

That's why Bristol have their DoR and most of their squad ready now for life in the AP next season.

Bristol are serious about remaining this time - so Saints and Quins really do need to get themselves sorted - or else.

Portquin (IP Logged)
24 December, 2017 12:30
That’s the big worry....Saints and Quins will be relegation fodder next year as Bristol won’t mess up 2nd one round.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
24 December, 2017 14:45
Ummm is it possible that Saints sacked JM because the man they wanted is only available now and has other offers?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net