rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Re: Newcastle vs Harlequins Match Thread
DOK (IP Logged)
23 December, 2017 16:53
OK - all over. Harlequins lose by a point!

talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
23 December, 2017 16:55
9th going into Christmas.

Really disappointing and I just can’t see where we go from here.

Thank god for London Irish.

23 December, 2017 16:55
Total garbage!!!

Quin Kong (IP Logged)
23 December, 2017 16:56
Thanks for the updates. Shame about the result.

QUIN KONG

RleQuin (IP Logged)
23 December, 2017 17:01
Same old rubbish - I'm so glad Robshaw issued the top four finish rallying call!!
This squad including all the back room staff are a total joke.
They seem answerable to no one.
Eleventh here we come, thank god Irish don't seem to be able to win.
Mind you, if they hit a Leeds type patch from 2005, we could still be in trouble.
RleQ

Cookie (IP Logged)
23 December, 2017 17:02
Discipline kills us again. Mindless penalties. Over and over again.

Tonbridge Quin (IP Logged)
23 December, 2017 17:06
Well its going to be the game of the two under achievers next week. Be a brave man to call that one.

FBQuin (IP Logged)
23 December, 2017 17:11
Listened on Radio. We seemed clueless! Come on Ellis and Quins board make our Christmas and get rid of JK & other coaches. New broom needed and Mallinder to take up the job. Not sure what to expect next Sat at Big Stoop. Probably more of the same! Message for Mr. Ellis Is that your ambition for the club 11th in the Prem? Not good enough!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23/12/2017 17:12 by FBQuin.

Stooperman (IP Logged)
23 December, 2017 17:13
Well, it has been clear to some of us for quite a while that this is where the club is at the moment.

Can JK turn it around? Maybe. Will he get financial support from the backers to do it...absolutely no chance! I suspect one or two of our big name players will be off looking for a pension pay off after the world cup & I don't see the next generation having the same togetherness and heart as the Robshaw, Williams, Monye, Robson, Brown generation.

I think survival in the premiership must be the main priority for the next few years.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23/12/2017 17:14 by Stooperman.

Dave L (IP Logged)
23 December, 2017 17:30
Sounded like the game was there for the taking and, again we didnít take the opportunity. First half hour just plain brainless. How long can performances like this be tolerated?

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
23 December, 2017 17:38
Quote:
RleQuin
Same old rubbish - I'm so glad Robshaw issued the top four finish rallying call!!

I think he probably meant top four 4 at the end of the season, not at the end of the day...

never sleep (IP Logged)
23 December, 2017 17:45
A game of two halves. Poor first forty. Good second forty. I think we could have nicked it. Maybe we should have tried for the three points at the end of the first. But, they weren't a definite three. The wind seemed to be making a nuisance of itself to the team playing right to left (on the TV)

New Forest Quin (IP Logged)
23 December, 2017 17:48
Quote:
Tonbridge Quin
Well its going to be the game of the two under achievers next week. Be a brave man to call that one.

Quinn by one point 60 v 59

RleQuin (IP Logged)
23 December, 2017 23:02
Quote:

Kin

Quote:
RleQuin

I think he probably meant top four 4 at the end of the season, not at the end of the day...

Of course he did but that isn't going to happen is it!!
RleQ

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
24 December, 2017 00:21
Quote:
RleQuin
Quote:

Kin

Quote:
RleQuin

RleQ

I haven't seen the table for the end of this season. Where did we finish?

RleQuin (IP Logged)
24 December, 2017 00:59
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
RleQuin
Quote:

Kin

Quote:
RleQuin

RleQ

I haven't seen the table for the end of this season. Where did we finish?

Not in the top four!
RleQ

Rocker (IP Logged)
24 December, 2017 01:27
Qk, I think it is fairly obvious that we are a LONG way off the pace. We are 9th, 6 points behind Sarries in 4th. To get to 4th would require a very big change in our fortunes. I have seen no consistent desire or ability from us yet. It looks like 2004 all over again frankly....

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
24 December, 2017 08:54
But apparently we just need to sack JK, replace him with Mallinder, and next season we'll be European champions.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
24 December, 2017 08:57
Quote:
Rocker
Qk, I think it is fairly obvious that we are a LONG way off the pace. We are 9th, 6 points behind Sarries in 4th. To get to 4th would require a very big change in our fortunes. I have seen no consistent desire or ability from us yet. It looks like 2004 all over again frankly....

You do know that 6 points isn't very much at this stage of the season?

Cookie (IP Logged)
24 December, 2017 09:22
Quote:
Quinky Kin
But apparently we just need to sack JK, replace him with Mallinder, and next season we'll be European champions.

Standard silly response. Unfortunately it's going to take us years to get back to being competitive in European. I'd settle for some level of improvement rather than having to watch more dirge like yesterday's effort.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
24 December, 2017 09:31
Quote:
Cookie
Quote:
Quinky Kin

Standard silly response. Unfortunately it's going to take us years to get back to being competitive in European. I'd settle for some level of improvement rather than having to watch more dirge like yesterday's effort.

Would you settle for an improved position in the league at the end of the season?

falconbear (IP Logged)
24 December, 2017 09:34
As a Falcons season ticket holder may i put a bit of perspective on yesterdays game. The Falcons were clinging on for dear life at the end of that game. Another 5 minutes of play and i think you would have taken the win. You were playing in a VERY windy Kingston Park where local knowledge is of high value. I believe yesterday was our 2nd biggest crowd in over a DECADE! The fans were in the festive mood and many were out for a party. We are having our best season in well over a decade and YOU WERE SO CLOSE TO BEATING US.
I know your standards are higher than ours but from someone who was at the game please understand that you had the geordies on the ropes! Best wishes for the rest of season.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
24 December, 2017 09:40
Thanks falconbear. Many on here aren't very good at perspective. Falcons played well, got a few decisions, and Quins came close. Conditions weren't great. But on CAW a loss is never due to us being beaten by a good team... It's always because we were poor, as it seems we should win every game.

Rocker (IP Logged)
24 December, 2017 10:18
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Thanks falconbear. Many on here aren't very good at perspective. Falcons played well, got a few decisions, and Quins came close. Conditions weren't great. But on CAW a loss is never due to us being beaten by a good team... It's always because we were poor, as it seems we should win every game.

With all due respect to the falcons just look at the sides on paper. We should be winning that match 9 times out of 10. The fact is that we are not playing anywhere near the potential of the players on the field and haven't been all season.
Regarding the points difference, yes 6 isn't a massive gap, but can you honestly see us getting 6 points more than Sarries over the next half a season? We're 8 behind Glos, and 9 behind Wasps! And a very scary 20 behind Exeter! :-o

falconbear (IP Logged)
24 December, 2017 10:37
Very true Rocker. And i would dream of having several Quins players in our Falcons team. I just thought i would give you some idea of the conditions and atmosphere last night. (I donít think that plastic pitch favours many visiting teams either)
Quinky - our message board is very similar, especially on the evening of a match day. Attitudes are often a little more forgiving on the morning after!

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
24 December, 2017 10:44
Unfortunately games aren't played on paper. And judging on Sarries recent forum I'd say we could catch them! But form is temporary.

GeordieFalcon (IP Logged)
24 December, 2017 11:04
I don't normally comment on other teams threads however the lack of respect by Quins fans over this defeat is shocking.

We should have had the game put to bed by half time...but all I keep hearing is disrespectful and arrogant comments.

We're a different team to the one of a few years back that i had to stand and watch miserably in the frezing wind and cold.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/12/2017 11:05 by GeordieFalcon.

Stooperman (IP Logged)
24 December, 2017 11:10
Quote:
GeordieFalcon
I don't normally comment on other teams threads however the lack of respect by Quins fans over this defeat is shocking.
We should have had the game put to bed by half time...but all I keep hearing is disrespectful comments.

We're a different team to the one of a few years back that i had to stand and watch miserably in the frezing wind and cold.

There's a small clique of Quins fans on here who aren't very realistic about Quins (we're apparently a top 4 side!!!) and aren't very knowledgeable about other teams. Personally, I think Dean Richards is building the foundations of a tough gritty team which can consistently challenge for top 6, and just needs a small sprinkling of stardust ti make top 4. Whether you can keep the personnel (including Richards) together and safe from the prdatory millionaire clubs is another question, but its very impressive at the moment. I had you down for a win all weekend TBH.

The messageboard isn't really representative of the fans as a whole, and one or two of the more vociferous posters should be disregarded altogether - we also have a particularly persistent troll who pretends to be a Quins fan under various names.

Hope you have a good rest of the season (apart from at The Stoop), & it'll be fascinating to see if you can make top 6.

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
24 December, 2017 11:15
There's nothing disrespectful about it. We played terribly in the first half, we would have won the game if we'd played anywhere near a decent standard in the first 40. Falcons are a good side, especially at KP, but if we were playing as a team rather than a bunch of individuals, we would have won. The fact that you should have scored more tries just underlines the point that we played terribly. I guess at least we didn't concede 30 for once, so baby steps and all that.

Horus (IP Logged)
24 December, 2017 12:47
From another Falcon supporter, Quin line speed was top notch, and contained our backs, so our first half lead would have been greater. I agree with the negative comments above - it looked as if the Quins could be bothered to turn up ! Amazing, at least to me.

Cookie (IP Logged)
24 December, 2017 13:03
I wouldn't say we were being disrespectful, but apologies if that's how it came across.

But nobody can argue we weren't absolutely dreadful in the first half and were incredibly lucky to only be 11-0 down.

So, yes, if we'd played to our potential for that half, we should have won the game. Falcons should have buried us when they had the chance.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
24 December, 2017 14:31
Assuming Falcons were playing to their full potential. Which I don't.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
24 December, 2017 15:24
I saw a comment on our message board saying Quins were being arrogant etc, but to be honest, after a quick read through a few threads I see no sign of arrogance, disrespect, or anything else unsporting. All I see is the usual cat-kicking that everyone does after a loss, especially after a close loss that both teams quite reasonably think they should have won.

Nowt wrong with Quins supporters, and you have every right to have a bit of teeth gnashing. We would have done the same. Enjoy Christmas & go into next year with positive thoughts.

(Sm128)

Cookie (IP Logged)
24 December, 2017 17:14
Quote:
Quinky Kin

Irrelevant to my comment. Based on the way the Falcons played, we should have been able to beat them.

Of course, if they played better it might have been different. But they didn't. So it's wasn't. That's a different debate. But then deep down you knew that.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
24 December, 2017 17:45
Quote:
Cookie
Quote:
Quinky Kin

Irrelevant to my comment. Based on the way the Falcons played, we should have been able to beat them.

Of course, if they played better it might have been different. But they didn't. So it's wasn't. That's a different debate. But then deep down you knew that.

I know that it's rarely wise to claim any one team "should" beat their opponents.

Cookie (IP Logged)
24 December, 2017 21:24
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
Cookie
Quote:
Quinky Kin

I know that it's rarely wise to claim any one team "should" beat their opponents.

Before the game is played, maybe. Not after, though, as there is a solid basis for making a judgment. As someone who likes to see how things play out, you should know that.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
24 December, 2017 22:03
The way we played, Falcons could argue they should have beaten us by more, using that logic.

Cookie (IP Logged)
24 December, 2017 22:36
Quote:
Quinky Kin
The way we played, Falcons could argue they should have beaten us by more, using that logic.

Which is what I said. Come on, keep up.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net