Re: Roberts Off to Japan?
Adi Nako (IP Logged)
27 December, 2017 12:11
Good for him, I loved my year in Japan.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
27 December, 2017 12:42
Great country.

Not sure how this would impact on Roberts' medical career though? It could also just be him sounding out the market for any interest in his services, or even trying to nudge Quins towards a new deal.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
27 December, 2017 13:04
He talks about a couple more years top flight rugby. I would guess he may have a couple of years back home in Wales and then one last payday in Japan for a year.

Roaming Quin (IP Logged)
27 December, 2017 21:17
And why not, he is a world class player in an underperforming team with no sight of glory. Earn big and enjoy the life style for a few years before retirement. Wish I had that option.

SiBolton (IP Logged)
27 December, 2017 21:33
Thought he was good on Rugby tonight, spoke well of his mates in Quins and looking forward to Saturday
Who can blame him think we all knew last season, shame as I think he has improved this season

Only Joe Quin (IP Logged)
27 December, 2017 21:47
Good luck to him, hes a class player and has earned his day in the sun. Like many on this board, I have the feeling that his devotion to the Quins cause is less than his devotion to the Roberts cause.

Monte (IP Logged)
28 December, 2017 10:44
Well from what he said on the Rugby Club Japan was a reporters idea not his!

DOK (IP Logged)
28 December, 2017 11:09
Quote:
Roaming Quin
And why not, he is an underperforming player in an underperforming team with no sight of glory. Earn big and enjoy the life style for a few years before retirement. Wish I had that option.

Fixed that for you! smiling smiley

T-Bone (IP Logged)
28 December, 2017 17:59
Well he's treated Quins as his big retirement payday, so wouldn't be too sad to see him phone it in for a different club

Quite why some fans are content because he's put a bit more effort in since he's been dropped by Wales is beyond me

Was very excited when he signed and he's been the latest in a long line of disapointing centre signings

talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
28 December, 2017 18:14
I don’t know Roberts well enough to know whether he’s putting in the effort or not but I think it’s safe to say that for whatever reason he’s not been worth the money we’ve allegedly paid for him.

With that in mind I think him leaving and us repurposing those wages is good for the club.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
28 December, 2017 20:20
I wish him well. It's a short career that very few are good enough to earn well from, and the injury toll is massive.

Roaming Quin (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 16:24
DOK I dont get it?

MrOther (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 18:46
Quote:
Roaming Quin
DOK I dont get it?

But now you will because DOKs fixed it for you.

kevin (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 21:45
I got it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net