rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

OT: Craig Maxwell-Keys
MrOther (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 15:36
I'm so bored with the JK-in/out debate. Let's talk about something else.

I watched the Wasps-Glos game yesterday and thought Craig Maxwell-Keys had a good game. He's not one for referring everything to the TMO. (I'm a great fan of the TMO, by the way, but only when required). Maxwell-Keys is also very calm, quiet even, but I wondered: did he handle the game so effortlessly well because there wasn't really any needle, or was it that there was so little needle because he handled it so well?

Interested to hear others' opinions (whatever you think of JK).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 29/12/2017 15:37 by MrOther.

Re: OT: Craig Maxwell-Keys
Brown Bottle (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 16:41
MK must go!

BB

QuinAlan (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 16:50
JK in..!!

blucherquin (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 17:32
Whenever he refs us he ends up missing things and giving other side the rub of the green - or thatís how it seems. Itís certainly just coincidence but I always have a heavy heart when heís named at the Stoop.

southquin (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 19:14
Isnít he the judge from Strictly?

never sleep (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 19:21
Wasn't he the one who overruled the touch judge when playing against wuss. All of the players stopped and started forming for the lineout except one of the wuss players who was offside and didn't see the flag raised, who ran and touched the ball down. He then stood with his back to the screen so he couldn't see the replay.

Quaking Quin (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 13:56
Funny how refs seem so much better in non-Quins games.

I thought Matthew Carly was excellent after watching the Tigers/Sarries game on TV - which might also have had something to do with Leicester losing?

What I do think wrong is refs talking on first-name terms with individual players during open play. Calls/advice should either be by team name or colour of shirt. If an individual has to be spoken to the reference should be to the shirt number.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/12/2017 13:59 by Quaking Quin.

MrOther (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 14:05
Quote:
Quaking Quin
Funny how refs seem so much better in non-Quins games.

HaHa. Yes, that is strange!

Quote:
Quaking Quin
What I do think wrong is refs talking on first-name terms with individual players. It should either be by team name or colour of shirt. If an individual has to be spoken to the reference should be to the shirt number.

I don't like this either, but I'm not quite sure why. And I'm not consistent. When Nigel Owens did the schoolmasterly "Christopher!" to the Robshaws, for example, I didn't mind a bit. It sounds wrong to me when a ref tries to be matey. Perhaps that's the difference.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net