rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

x3 (best seats in house) tickets available for tomorrow
PJ61Quin (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 22:44
Due to family issues I can no longer attend the match tomorrow.

I have 3 West Stand 1/2way-line tickets available (they are right behind where the commentators Ugo & Lawrence sit, & really are a treat). A mate is taking them up to Twickers with him tomorrow.
Face value is £58 each, but I'll accept reasonable offers.
Please call me on 07785 238734.

Many thanks, Paul

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 30/12/2017 21:37 by DOK.

Re: x3 (best seats in house) tickets available for tomorrow
QuickerQuin (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 09:15
Quote:
PJ61Quin
I have 3 West Stand 1/2way-line tickets available (they are right behind where the commentators Ugo & Lawrence sit, & really are a treat). A mate is taking them up to Twickers with him tomorrow.

Many thanks, Paul

The best seats in the house are acknowledged to be in the West Lower.

thomh (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 13:02
"Acknowledged" by who? I've always much preferred the bottom half of the middle tier.

PJ61Quin (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 13:35
Thanks thomh ... that's where these tickets are, & I always assumed the press/pundits/cameras etc. would want to be in the prime position to relay the matches back to the many at home ... hence my assumption these were the best tickets available.

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 17:00
Quote:
QuickerQuin
Quote:
PJ61Quin

Many thanks, Paul

The best seats in the house are acknowledged to be in the West Lower.

Yes

QuickerQuin (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 21:48
Quote:
thomh
"Acknowledged" by who? I've always much preferred the bottom half of the middle tier.

By whom? By, well, The Queen, The President, the Members of the RFU Council. That's where the royal box is.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 22:53
Quote:
QuickerQuin
Quote:
thomh

By whom? By, well, The Queen, The President, the Members of the RFU Council. That's where the royal box is.

I think the whereabouts of the royal box should remain a secret at her age

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 31/12/2017 07:36 by blucherquin.

thomh (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 09:12
Quote:
QuickerQuin
Quote:
thomh

That probably has more to do players being able to walk up the steps to receive trophies than with the Queen's objective assessment of where the best seats are. The press and commentators all sit middle tier.

The significant gap between the stand and the pitch on that side means that the lower tier doesn't have enough of an elevated view for my taste.

QuickerQuin (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 09:44
Quote:
thomh
Quote:
QuickerQuin
Quote:
thomh

That probably has more to do players being able to walk up the steps to receive trophies than with the Queen's objective assessment of where the best seats are. The press and commentators all sit middle tier.

The significant gap between the stand and the pitch on that side means that the lower tier doesn't have enough of an elevated view for my taste.

When I referred to Her Majesty, that was, of course, tongue in cheek. But I expect you realised that. AFAIAA HM hasn't been to HQ for 23? years.

The presentations are more often than not done on the pitch nowadays.

thomh (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 10:00
Quote:
QuickerQuin
Quote:
thomh
Quote:
QuickerQuin
Quote:
thomh

When I referred to Her Majesty, that was, of course, tongue in cheek. But I expect you realised that. AFAIAA HM hasn't been to HQ for 23? years.

The presentations are more often than not done on the pitch nowadays.

Yes - my reference was equally sacarstic.

Players still ascend to the royal box for international trophies like the Calcutta cup, and it's not like they would just move the royal box anyway.

There's a reason that the Quins coaches sit in that cabin thing suspended above the stands at the Stoop. A bit of extra elevation gives you a much better view of the action. Ultimately it's personal taste though, so I'm not going to say you're wrong if you think lower tier is best, but equally I think you're wrong to make that same point to the original poster.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net