rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Big Game on Channel 5
30 December, 2017 14:47
Just noticed this on the listings. Useful if anyone doesn't have BT Sport these days!

Re: Big Game on Channel 5
Rocker (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 18:04
Yes watched it :-)

blucherquin (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 22:59
They are going to be fecking gutted that you only spotted that 40 mins before the show stated given how much they’ve spent on advertising it for weeks........

talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 00:22
Quote:
blucherquin
They are going to be fecking gutted that you only spotted that 40 mins before the show stated given how much they�ve spent on advertising it for weeks........

Just a few hours before the deadline but most unnecessarily hostile sarcastic post of the year towards someone trying to help other Quins fans goes to......

Blucherquin!!!!!

blucherquin (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 06:57
Quote:
talkshowhost86
Quote:
blucherquin
They are going to be fecking gutted that you only spotted that 40 mins before the show stated given how much they�ve spent on advertising it for weeks........

Just a few hours before the deadline but most unnecessarily hostile sarcastic post of the year towards someone trying to help other Quins fans goes to......

Blucherquin!!!!!

It wasn’t sarcastic or hostile at all - what are you on about?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 31/12/2017 06:59 by blucherquin.

Mancquin (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 12:36
History made yesterday by Channel 5 showing the first live Aviva Premiership game on terrestrial tv and they did it very well too. Mark Durden-Smith ( not sure about the spelling but he is Judith Chalmer's son I believe ( useless info ) ) and David Flatman did a great job. Much better than that clown Barnes does on Sky. I was disapointed not to have been at HQ in the end as the athmosphere must have been great. However, the tv cameras obviously get riight up close to the players and you could really see the offloads, tackles and footwork.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 13:33
I imagine they were taking the BT feed?

If at first you don't succeed, Try, Try and Try again.

Fearless Fred (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 14:08
They piggy-backed off the BT feed, but used their own presenting team & commentary team, and also had some freedom on the video used. For instance, when BT did their now regular cutaway during the game to talk to one of the coaches (NEv in this case) C5 remained with the main video & their own commentary feed.

I'll be intrigued to see what other games they show. As I understand it, the deal prevents them from showing play-offs or final. They'd most likely want to showcase as many different teams as possible, but will be dependent on what games BT are showing. Will they want to cover us a second time when we play Sarries at the Olympic Stad? Or Bath vs Leics at TW again? If I were them, I'd probably want to see a West Country derby game if possible, given the atmosphere that always has, and maybe an Exeter game given how they're current champions...

PJMQuin (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 14:50
The coverage was excellent. The camera work was unusually good as well compared to what BT normally provide, how it changed I have no idea but I hope it continues on BT. At times over the past season I’m guessing we’ve had camera people and directors more used to football. So many times the cameras been following dummy play rather than the ball or focused on a ruck thats finished when the balls else where.

Having said that some of the international work Sky has done seems to be hunting for ‘artsy’ shots which makes it difficult to follow also. Genuinely impressed all round.

Brown Bottle (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 15:02
Quote:
The camera work was unusually good as well compared to what BT normally provide, how it changed I have no idea but I hope it continues on BT. At times over the past season I’m guessing we’ve had camera people and directors more used to football. So many times the cameras been following dummy play rather than the ball or focused on a ruck thats finished when the balls else where.

My biggest gripe with any coverage, be it BT, Sky, BBC or whoever, is that they often get in too close to the action leaving the viewer unaware of the bigger picture, such as where the other 20 players are.

BB

TW Quin (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 15:28
Just watched the recording thought Channel 5 coverage and commentary very good. The commentators had a good balance and often let the picture do the talking rather than the BT ex players who seem to feel the need to talk over everything.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 16:02
Quote:
PJMQuin
The coverage was excellent. The camera work was unusually good as well compared to what BT normally provide, how it changed I have no idea but I hope it continues on BT. At times over the past season I’m guessing we’ve had camera people and directors more used to football. So many times the cameras been following dummy play rather than the ball or focused on a ruck thats finished when the balls else where.
Having said that some of the international work Sky has done seems to be hunting for ‘artsy’ shots which makes it difficult to follow also. Genuinely impressed all round.

BT did all the camera work, they just give the feed to C5, so if it was different or better then it was them, it may be because of the size of HQ, obvs most of their rugby is filmed in much smaller venues. Their main camera guy was on the west stand touchline - he wears a bandana and shorts all the time - he had one quins sock and one Saints sock on.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 31/12/2017 16:06 by blucherquin.

Quin Kong (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 21:37
He always does for every game he’s covering. Famous for it.

QUIN KONG

QuickerQuin (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 22:53
Quote:
Ballad of a Quin Man
Just noticed this on the listings. Useful if anyone doesn't have BT Sport these days!

My internet provider is Plusnet. They have just offered me the BT Sport App for £1 a month for six months and £5 a month after that.

Sounds cheap (if only I could log in!)

arniepie (IP Logged)
01 January, 2018 08:14
Recorded channel 5 instead of Bt and have to say it was a hundred times better than the inane dronings of Monye and dallaglio,,,the pair of them too busy blowing smoke up their pals backsides

QuickerQuin (IP Logged)
01 January, 2018 08:32
Quote:
Quin Kong
He always does for every game he’s covering. Famous for it.

I think famous is stretching it a bit.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
01 January, 2018 13:51
No I agree, he is well known for it. Perhaps someone can interview him and do a profile out of interest?

Nutsy2 (IP Logged)
01 January, 2018 16:54
Quote:
TW Quin
Just watched the recording thought Channel 5 coverage and commentary very good. The commentators had a good balance and often let the picture do the talking rather than the BT ex players who seem to feel the need to talk over everything.

Particularly Dallaglio, who shouts over whatever the ref is saying, "every time ref". Would be nice to hear the ref now and again.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
01 January, 2018 17:03
Totally agree. Sometimes less is more.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net