Having an amazing match as of 24mins.

Re: Game. Ward...
kevin (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 16:26
24-0 @24 mins. Who’d have thunk it?

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 16:27
Ward Smith and brown currently beating the clock.

kevin (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 16:30
Now this has brought a smile and a new hope for our season.

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 16:31
Quote:
kevin
24-0 @24 mins. Who’d have thunk it?

Quinky

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 16:36
Credit all round so far. Really enjoying it.

Dibden (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 16:41
Smith’s tacking As goiod As Johnnie W and he has more promise than Wilko had at that age.Saints hopeless but full marks to us to take full advantage..Our 3rd great game this season.Just need more of them

Rocker (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 16:48
Looking good so far. Wish I'd made the journey now... ASBO is having a really good game, back row is doing some great work :-) care and Smith doing well. How was that tackle on Burrell!

kevin (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 16:47
Backs and forwards integrating very well and at speed. Pleasure to see, at long last.

talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 16:51
Fantastic half of rugby from Quins. Everyone doing their bit both in attack and defence.

Where has this been all season? Easily our best 40 minutes for a long long time.

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 16:51
Quote:
kevin

Yes, because one thing we never do is soil the bed after a good performance.

30 December, 2017 16:54
Quote:
RodneyRegis
Quote:
kevin

Game hasn't even finished yet RR. Let's enjoy it for a bit longer!

Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 16:55
Quote:
talkshowhost86
Fantastic half of rugby from Quins. Everyone doing their bit both in attack and defence.
Where has this been all season? Easily our best 40 minutes for a long long time.

I suppose it was always going to happen against a team playing as badly as Saints are.

30 December, 2017 16:59
Quote:
Quinten Poulsen
Quote:
talkshowhost86

I suppose it was always going to happen against a team playing as badly as Saints are.

Why?

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 16:57
Quote:
talkshowhost86
Quote:
RodneyRegis
Quote:
kevin

Game hasn't even finished yet RR. Let's enjoy it for a bit longer!

You're quite right TS. I look forward to us performing to our potential for the rest of the season.

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 16:58
Quote:
Quinten Poulsen
Quote:
talkshowhost86

Quite. I mean look what happened when we played Irish?

MrOther (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 17:00
Quote:
Quinten Poulsen
Quote:
talkshowhost86

I don't agree. The first 5-10 min we looked as nervous and error-prone as Saints, but since then it has all clicked. The counter-attack (3rd?) try was the sort of chance we would have butchered last week, but not today.

30 December, 2017 17:01
Quote:
talkshowhost86
Quote:
Quinten Poulsen
Quote:
talkshowhost86

Why?

Because we're a good side who can play very well indeed.

30 December, 2017 17:02
Quote:
RodneyRegis
Quote:
Quinten Poulsen
Quote:
talkshowhost86

You're missing a crucial difference - Irish played well against us, while Saints have played appallingly.

30 December, 2017 17:17
Quote:
MrOther
Quote:
Quinten Poulsen
Quote:
talkshowhost86

I don't agree. The first 5-10 min we looked as nervous and error-prone as Saints, but since then it has all clicked. The counter-attack (3rd?) try was the sort of chance we would have butchered last week, but not today.

Are you sure you disagree?

kevin (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 17:42
Now can we stop ‘em getting a 4th try?

kevin (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 17:49
Great win. And who is that new 12 we have?

30 December, 2017 17:52
Well done Quins.

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 17:54
Quote:
Quinten Poulsen
Quote:
RodneyRegis
Quote:
Quinten Poulsen
Quote:
talkshowhost86

You're missing a crucial difference - Irish played well against us, while Saints have played appallingly.

Sure we lost to the league easy-beats because they played well, for that one game? And then dropped back to being championship level?

30 December, 2017 18:00
Great performance and we even kept it up to the end (sort of).

Yes Saints were absolute pish but we were excellent today.

MrOther (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 17:59
Quote:
kevin
Great win. And who is that new 12 we have?

Yes, what happened to Jamie Roberts? He knocked Piers Francis out with his jaw .. OK, perhaps you expect that .. but he played really well. Getting over the gain line (not just attracting two defenders to the gain line and letting them stop him), deft final pass for Walker's try, a couple of huge hits late on. Seemed like a man reborn.

Rocker (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 18:02
Was sorry for saints in the end

30 December, 2017 18:01
Rodney, are you just spoiling for an argument? Saints were woeful in the first half today. Irish played well against us. What are you disagreeing with?

30 December, 2017 18:02
Quins tackle success - 91%. Maybe a season high.

Saints - 60%. Maybe the worst ever by a professional team.

Rocker (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 18:06
Saints players won't have done themselves any favors in front of Eddie

Prarie Dog (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 18:05
You stuffed a poor Saints side today but I have said since we beat you at Sandy Park Harlequins are a decent team.
Ward is true class. I really don't how Hartley keeps his place at Saints, let alone England.

Anyway congratulations, you will definately make top six.

smileys with beerthumbs down

Just a farm team from Devon.
We know who we be!

Da' nzho!
Pawel Vygot.

kevin (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 18:30
Quote:
Rocker
Was sorry for saints in the end
Don’t be soft!

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 18:51
Quote:
Quinten Poulsen
Rodney, are you just spoiling for an argument?

Wouldn't that be a surprise...

Camquin (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 20:12
We had one starting hooker getting MotM and one missing tackles.

One is in the England squad.

While one game does not make a summer, there has been a sequence of similar performances from both.

30 December, 2017 20:25
Saints were abject. What is going on there? Why was Myler on the bench? Why is Foden starting? Mallinder had no help from his wingers and to boot had a personal mare. Lawes put in a proper set but they are otherwise rudderless. We think we have problems!

30 December, 2017 20:30
Yep Mallinder was terrible. I felt a bit sorry for him.

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 20:39
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
Quinten Poulsen
Rodney, are you just spoiling for an argument?

Wouldn't that be a surprise...

Crying/laughing smiley

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 20:44
Quote:
Quinten Poulsen
Rodney, are you just spoiling for an argument? Saints were woeful in the first half today. Irish played well against us. What are you disagreeing with?

No disagreements just find it laughable that apparently Irish played well against us whilst they played badly against every other team. I remember watching a game where we got pinged repeatedly for holding on against a team who have since struggled for lbps. But ok, you think they just happened to play well that day.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 21:04
Quote:
Quinten Poulsen
Irish played well against us.

Yes they did. And we underestimated them, which I think was a big part of our downfall that day.

SiBolton (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 21:31
I honestly think some on here would have been happier if we’d lost today!

I didn’t think we’d get a win unless our defence improved and our backs fired, well the defence improved and the backs fired.
Ok Saints where poor but let’s be honest it was squeaky bum time when they scored two try’s and I’m sure I wasn5 the only one thinking “Here we go again”
But credit to the team they found another gear and kept playing in a style that as a Quins supporters I enjoy
Glad we got the win, hope we build on it and can get a result next weekend at the AJ Bell
#COYQ

30 December, 2017 21:40
Quote:
SiBolton
I honestly think some on here would have been happier if we�d lost today!

Honestly?

I think that's absolute rubbish perpetuated by someone who just wants to paint people who disagree with him as non-Quins fans.

Delighted we won today and hope it leads to some more consistent performances.

Incredibly disappointed with this sort of post.

Honestly.

Dave L (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 21:39
What a fantastic result. First time I’ve really enjoyed a Big Game performance. For once I also didn’t seem to spend most of the game getting up for people on drinks and loo runs. Loved Dave’s try but also have to mention the improvement in Charlie Walker’s all round game. Not just a speedster anymore! Games like today make the rubbish performances even more frustrating. Must, must, must put in a performance up at Sale and press on.

Quote:
RodneyRegis
Quote:
Quinten Poulsen

No disagreements just find it laughable that apparently Irish played well against us whilst they played badly against every other team. I remember watching a game where we got pinged repeatedly for holding on against a team who have since struggled for lbps. But ok, you think they just happened to play well that day.

Irish playing their first game back up, at Twickenham, against us (who they seem to hate) was always going to be the game they put a performance in. We were awful for sure and we really really should have seen it coming but they wouldn’t be the first promoted team to pull out a performance on their first game up.

Captain Blood (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 21:42
Pirates fan here !!!

Whilst we are in " Chiefs" country in these parts(we have quite a few on D/R at the minute) many of us keep a little eye on you guys on account of the friendly relations which developed during your short trip do to the Championship all those years ago and our kind donation of Matt Hopper and Dave Ward.

Can I say in relation to the aforementioned Mr Ward......?? DIDN'T HE HAVE A BEAUT OF A GAME THIS AFTERNOON !!!!

He is still much loved down this way and should we ever get this bleddy stadium sorted before he retires.... Can we have him back for a bit !!!

God bless all !

Have a Happy New Year !

Captain Blood(Sm109)

" May the road rise to meet you"

T-Bone (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 21:55
So many positives from today's game. Robshaw, care and Brown as you'd expect were fantastic. They are very skilful players who always put the effort in.

Then we have the players who can he great, when they want to be. Roberts had a great game.

Walker showed the effort which could make him an England contender.

Ward, luamanu and others were awesome

Saints were dreadful but that's for another day

Where is this from Quins the rest of the time though? More or less the same team as last week. Ignore the permanent doom mungers and the south African gouging apologists. We need this every week, regardless of the big occasion

SiBolton (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 22:03
Quote:
talkshowhost86
Quote:
SiBolton

Honestly?

I think that's absolute rubbish perpetuated by someone who just wants to paint people who disagree with him as non-Quins fans.

Honestly.

Never accused anyone of not be8ng a supporter, so you don’t find it strange that certain people aren’t commenting as the game was a good result?
Still negatives posted ( even before game finished) would be nice just to celebrate a good result for a change 8nstead of trying to find the negatives
7th in the table is a lot better than 10th

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 22:18
Quote:
SiBolton
Quote:
talkshowhost86
Quote:
SiBolton

Honestly?

Honestly.

Never accused anyone of not be8ng a supporter, so you don’t find it strange that certain people aren’t commenting as the game was a good result?
Still negatives posted ( even before game finished) would be nice just to celebrate a good result for a change 8nstead of trying to find the negatives

I agree with both your posts, Si. There are some on here who seem unable to post anything positive.

By the reckoning if some people, our squad has gone from 9th best to 7th best in a week. Surely that's good news?

ArchQuin (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 23:17
Good win - saints were terrible especially in the first half - mallinder must be missing Dad as he had a nightmare!
Sincerely hope we can build on the performance but not confident after previous hopes .

PJMQuin (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 23:42
Couldn’t be there due to a chest infection but wish I had been. I felt we were going to win comfortably with Northampton’s form at the moment but it was almost distressing to see Northampton fail so completely and utterly. I suspect they are safe from relegation but it won’t be comfortable.

Even Kingston had an arm half round Dylan after the game.

Sale will be a good opportunity but those away performances seem to be lacking so we shall see. What a strange season league wide.

31 December, 2017 00:19
Quote:
SiBolton
Never accused anyone of not be8ng a supporter, so you don�t find it strange that certain people aren�t commenting as the game was a good result?

You very literally said you thought people wanted Quins to lose rather than win. That is very much the definition of accusing someone of not being a supporter.

Agree it would be good to focus on the win. So why try cheap point scoring instead? Other than you pretty much everyone was focusing on the win.

Sigh.

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 00:55
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
SiBolton
Quote:
talkshowhost86
Quote:
SiBolton

Honestly?

Honestly.

I agree with both your posts, Si. There are some on here who seem unable to post anything positive.

By the reckoning if some people, our squad has gone from 9th best to 7th best in a week. Surely that's good news?

It's fantastic as long as we follow it up. You seem to think that one off performances prove your point, they do quite the opposite. We all know the players are capable of beating anyone on their day, why don't we see more of this?

Kent Fan (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 08:13
Great win good performances from all the players.

Passing before being tackled for once and lots of support for the ball carrier. Dynmanic at the breakdown......common lads let’s put this sort of effort every game.

Dave Ward Charlie, Mike B Danny Chris, young Chis Marcus....in fact everyone on fire

SiBolton (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 08:13
TSH, your absolutely right, thanks so much for making me understand what I meant to say
I mean we always have far more threads when we Win a game, and loads more posts from so many on here praising the team, when we get the win, and the certain posters that always appear when we win a game to talk about the management of the club.
Thanks again for clearing it all up for me

Huff, puff and a sigh,

31 December, 2017 08:18
It was enjoyable to watch certainlyand this is not negative

Positives:
back row looking strong
Kick chase better than I have seen for years
Scrum solid
Good backs moves and handling

Still some concern:
Maul in attack and defence we just can’t seem to do it
We still defend too narrow - some overlaps by saints were squandered

Nonetheless still a good game and hopeful for some more consistency please!

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 09:43
Quote:
unQUINtested scrums
It was enjoyable to watch certainlyand this is not negative
Positives:
back row looking strong
Kick chase better than I have seen for years
Scrum solid
Good backs moves and handling

Still some concern:
Maul in attack and defence we just can’t seem to do it
We still defend too narrow - some overlaps by saints were squandered

Nonetheless still a good game and hopeful for some more consistency please!

Good points. The maul is a concern. It seemed we managed to hold one or two, but then they just moved forward almost with ease. Yet our maul seems easily stopped. The scrum was strange ; we seemed to destroy them yet even when they were falling apart we didn't win penalties. Later on we were being penalised on our own scrum. Baffling.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 10:49
I think scoring first was hugely important and as NEv said on commentary, "Northampton will have a good spell at some point". Fortunately, for once, we responded well to their good spell.

Rodders you p-lonker!

MrOther (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 10:57
Quote:
Quinky Kin
... The scrum was strange; we seemed to destroy them yet even when they were falling apart we didn't win penalties. Later on we were being penalised on our own scrum. Baffling.

Yes, that really stood out for me too. Is JP Doyle always so reluctant to award scrum penalties? I wouldn't mind if the refs were consistent (scrumming for penalties seems to me a rather negative aspect of the sport) but any other ref would've awarded us several more scrum penalties in that game.

Rocker (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 11:06
The commentators pointed out that our maul defence was far too upright. You can't stop a maul that way. Doesn't matter how many bodies you put in. The problem with the scrums seemed to be a lack of control at the base. Several times we pushed them backwards but then lost the ball or got it trapped at the Base or in the second row. Didn't help that Sir seemed to tell us to use it almost as soon as we had it in the second row......

Boonie (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 11:36
Our maul defence is always better when Horwill is involved - he makes a real nuisance of himself. Without him, we don't seem to have anyone who causes the same amount of problems. Body position though - yeah, that was pretty obvious, so will hopefully be taken into account.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to bleat about it all over the internet"

Adi Nako (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 12:28
Great to get such a comprehensive win, but Saints weren't premiership class today. Can we back up this win? I hope so!

Monte (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 12:39
Yes great win and congrats to the players, coaches and all the backroom staff for their hard work to get nearly 78,000. Great to see Luke back and sounds as though the CAtrakallis will be back for Europe and A/w. Now we have to grind out some wins - Sale backrow very strong next week, but don’t expect fire works from us. Let’s hope Horwill and Bothma back.

Mancquin (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 12:53
Horwill and Bothma back will sort out the maul. I too had a " here we go again " moment when 2 tries were scored by Saints in rapid succesion. Channel 5 commentators rr-assured all Quins fans with the stat that this season we have conceded an average of 13 points when down to 14 men due to yellow card.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net