rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Harry Mallinder... oh Harry...
Wyddy (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 00:28
So I can't have been the only one to see poor Harry almost reduced to tears after multiple errors...

Poor sod. He was one of our (Quins) best players on the day though. He truly had a touch of the Boticas.

When I first saw him come through he looked like a great centre. Now he's been shifted and mucked about and seems totally lost. Shame for a young lad with a great future.

(Honourable mention to Foden for being utterly shambolic too... cheers!)

Re: Harry Mallinder... oh Harry...
talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 00:34
One of the worst individual performances I've ever seen live.

I hope for him, as a very talented player, that it was just a one off.

newquin (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 00:38
Poor bloke, he had an absolute shocker. One of the worst individual performances I have seen. Can't believe their management didn't pull him off. Hope the lad gets going again and puts it behind him

Quin Kong (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 01:34
He had a bad game. He will have better. I am pleased by our teams performance but next to denigrating our own players for a bad game is denigrating our opponents players for a poor performance, which for me is poor form.

QUIN KONG

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 31/12/2017 01:45 by Quin Kong.

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 01:51
Quote:
Quin Kong
He had a bad game. He will have better. I am pleased by our teams performance but next to denigrating our own players for a bad game is denigrating our opponents players for a poor performance, which for me is poor form.

+1, QK - well said.

harryquins (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 08:48
Very sad to see it but given his dad's just been sacked, his head must be all over the place. Wouldn't be surprised if he left and wouldn't mind if we picked him up as an option for an ageing brown or a utility back

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 09:46
Quote:
newquin
Can't believe their management didn't pull him off.

That sort of thing should be saved for the changing room... Or preferably somewhere more private...

thomh (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 10:05
Watching the recording today. I'd seen a couple of high profile Mallinder mistakes live but hadn't appreciated the extent to which almost everything he did went a bit wrong. He must be in a difficult place mentally - hopefully he'll turn it around.

Seen Saints fans if anything more upset with Burrell's defence for the first try where he just let Ward run past him and then didn't work back to try to recover it.

Navyquin (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 10:09
He didn't look like he wanted to be out there, I can see him moving on soon

DOK (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 10:28
Yes, but haven't we seen Mike Brown come through a similar patch of being off form? Have to say yesterday he had the reverse Midas touch, everything he touched turned brown and sticky!

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 10:57
Very good DOK

Rodders you p-lonker!

31 December, 2017 11:04
Quote:
DOK
Yes, but haven't we seen Mike Brown come through a similar patch of being off form? Have to say yesterday he had the reverse Midas touch, everything he touched turned brown and sticky!

I'm not sure if Brown ever had one game quite as bad as Mallinder yesterday, but I don't think anyone is saying this means Mallinder is a bad player. Just understandably going through a tough time at the moment.

I don't think he's a fullback though. Thought he looked really uncomfortable in that role and looks more suited to fly half or maybe a creative 12.

afropaul (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 11:05
Quote:
Wyddy

When I first saw him come through he looked like a great centre. Now he's been shifted and mucked about and seems totally lost. Shame for a young lad with a great future.

The Eggchasers boys have repeatedly reported that he wants to play full back - I suspect that a few more games like that and he might reasses this. When he popped up in the line at first/second reciever he looked a stack better.

Rocker (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 11:10
He's a good player but had a nightmare yesterday. It can't be easy for him to be fair with dad having just been sacked. If he leaves Saints bred be well worth pursuing.

Wyddy (IP Logged)
01 January, 2018 14:52
Erm Quin Kong, no one on this thread is slagging the lad off in fact quite the opposite. Noting that he had a bit of a mare but wishing him a turn around in fortunes and the best for the future...

That for me is the quintessential spirit of rugby right there.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
01 January, 2018 15:33
Quote:
Wyddy
Erm Quin Kong, no one on this thread is slagging the lad off in fact quite the opposite. Noting that he had a bit of a mare but wishing him a turn around in fortunes and the best for the future...
That for me is the quinstessential spirit of rugby right there.

Fixed that for yousmiling smiley

Rodders you p-lonker!

Adi Nako (IP Logged)
01 January, 2018 15:57
Clearly a 10/12 Not a 10/15.

ChipsteadQuin (IP Logged)
02 January, 2018 14:05
I'm sure he played 10 when he Captained England to the u 20 World Cup a couple of years ago ,hes been an excellent player for Saints the last few games home and away against us and has bundles of talent , but I agree with Adi Nako , 10/12 suit him better .. shame to see him have a bad one hope he bounces back quick .

james46 (IP Logged)
02 January, 2018 14:29
England have supposidly said to him that he stands a much better chance of England team at 15, with next to no chance at 10/12. Hence the move from 10/12 to 15, he is not a 15 and he should just play where he's best.

Adi Nako (IP Logged)
02 January, 2018 14:36
Quote:
james46
England have supposidly said to him that he stands a much better chance of England team at 15, with next to no chance at 10/12. Hence the move from 10/12 to 15, he is not a 15 and he should just play where he's best.

That sounds believeable, but I don't think saints would comply. It's not like his dad is in charge any more...

02 January, 2018 14:39
I suspect he'll get to play 10 in the next game as Francis is presumably at least out for one week having felt the full force of Desperate Dan's chin.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net