rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Marketing Department
Stoopendous (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 19:20
Congratulations on the Big Game. Great event from my perspective (which admittedly did not involve any Girlscouts or tight-rope walking). Just one question... If we managed to sell nearly 78,000 tickets, how come we couldn't fill the place? Do we need to start selling earlier? This is an innocent question and I'm not moaning at all. I really thought you did a fantastic job and I am sure we will see the benefits in enhanced Season Ticket sales next year and at the remaining home games. Thanks.

Re: Marketing Department
Hellequin (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 19:32
Scouting for Girls were pretty good well known enough for people to join in but with just enough well known songs to fill the breaks. Although would have been better about 10 years ago still better than xfactor rejects from previous years.

Not always possible to fill the least popular seats in the upper North and South stands which seemed to be the missing areas.

78k is pretty damn good for a club game and over 5 times our normal crowd.
It would be interesting to see how many seats we could actually sell in a bigger stadium week in week out.

PJMQuin (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 19:33
Quote:
Stoopendous
Congratulations on the Big Game. Great event from my perspective (which admittedly did not involve any Girlscouts or tight-rope walking). Just one question... If we managed to sell nearly 78,000 tickets, how come we couldn't fill the place? Do we need to start selling earlier? This is an innocent question and I'm not moaning at all. I really thought you did a fantastic job and I am sure we will see the benefits in enhanced Season Ticket sales next year and at the remaining home games. Thanks.

I won’t blame Northampton but they’ve been struggling to get even their season ticket holders to turn up for their games lately due the performances so it was always going to be more difficult to fill it.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 19:42
Quote:
Hellequin
Scouting for Girls were pretty good well known enough for people to join in but with just enough well known songs to fill the breaks. Although would have been better about 10 years ago still better than xfactor rejects from previous years.
Not always possible to fill the least popular seats in the upper North and South stands which seemed to be the missing areas.

78k is pretty damn good for a club game and over 5 times our normal crowd.
It would be interesting to see how many seats we could actually sell in a bigger stadium week in week out.

It was very impressive considering it was the day before NYE, literally no one under 40 has heard of Scouting for Girls (who had one hit and then wrote the same song about five times)..the reaction to their arrival was hilarious, no one cared.

We got there with 20 mins to KO, and queues to get in were vast..so it would seem the west car park and “entertainment” has little to do with the allure of it - which makes me happy.

Uncle Arthur (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 19:44
"If we managed to sell nearly 78,000 tickets, how come we couldn't fill the place?"

Direct that question to the Saints management

Hellequin (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 19:59
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
Hellequin
Scouting for Girls were pretty good well known enough for people to join in but with just enough well known songs to fill the breaks. Although would have been better about 10 years ago still better than xfactor rejects

It was very impressive considering it was the day before NYE, literally no one under 40 has heard of Scouting for Girls (who had one hit and then wrote the same song about five times)..the reaction to their arrival was hilarious, no one cared.

We got there with 20 mins to KO, and queues to get in were vast..so it would seem the west car park and “entertainment” has little to do with the allure of it - which makes me happy.

I'm 32 so i guess im in the age range for S4G but plenty of fans of different ages singing along (ok maybe mostly families but that is who the big games are aimed at).
Still better than xfactor rejects(which I am proud to say have never watched) and had decent intraction with the crowd.

Also far far far better than then "Rock Choir" menopausal mess every year at Sarries and their free family tickets.

QuickerQuin (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 22:58
How many people buy a ticket for a rugby match because of the band that will be playing?

Where were all the free tickets that someone mentioned? None that I saw!

PJMQuin (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 23:06
Quote:
QuickerQuin
How many people buy a ticket for a rugby match because of the band that will be playing?

Whole bunch on tickets for troops in early December.

Rocker (IP Logged)
01 January, 2018 02:24
Quote:
PJMQuin
Quote:
QuickerQuin

Good cause at least and seeing add you could (unfortunately) fit almost the entire British Army in HQ these days can't have been a terribly significant number, unless you're suggesting that the UK was effectively defenceless during BG10?

Brown Bottle (IP Logged)
01 January, 2018 03:42
Quote:
PJMQuin
Quote:
QuickerQuin

Well at least they weren't being given out to disableds.

BB

QuickerQuin (IP Logged)
01 January, 2018 06:59
Quote:
PJMQuin
Quote:
QuickerQuin

I was 'a troop' once. Nobody offered me one!

arniepie (IP Logged)
01 January, 2018 08:05
Pushed the boat out this year and got an executive box for 10 of us, fantastic view and box was good but trying to get a drink from one of the under staffed and under stocked bars was a nightmare, queuing for at least 30 minutes every time, not only frustrating the punters but missing a trick to maximise profits,,, something twickenham needs to address

QuickerQuin (IP Logged)
01 January, 2018 08:35
Quote:
arniepie
Pushed the boat out this year and got an executive box for 10 of us, fantastic view and box was good but trying to get a drink from one of the under staffed and under stocked bars was a nightmare, queuing for at least 30 minutes every time, not only frustrating the punters but missing a trick to maximise profits,,, something twickenham needs to address

Wasn't there a drinks service in your box? Which level were you on?

Mayor West (IP Logged)
01 January, 2018 11:54
I think the whole BG10 experience was excellent. To sell 78,000 tickets for a game that was live on free to air tv against a struggling Saints team takes some effort.
arniepie, I was lucky enough to be in a box for the prem final (Ex v Saracens) and was told that it will be great as no queuing for bar. How wrong they were. Only had one drink as I wanted to watch the game but still missed the beginning of second half. I'd got so close to the front and didn't want to let the others down. I'd given up before the start of the first half after waiting in line for twenty minutes still being far from the front. Maybe the corporates that inhabit such boxes prefer to drink rather than watch.

Monte (IP Logged)
01 January, 2018 11:56
We give free tickets to troops at all our matches. Used to be minibus run by Headley Court up to the Stoop for every match, but now they have moved to BHX so I guess they go to a Midlands match. I am sure majority of Premiership sides do this.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
01 January, 2018 12:38
Quote:
Mayor West
I think the whole BG10 experience was excellent. To sell 78,000 tickets for a game that was live on free to air tv against a struggling Saints team takes some effort.
arniepie, I was lucky enough to be in a box for the prem final (Ex v Saracens) and was told that it will be great as no queuing for bar. How wrong they were. Only had one drink as I wanted to watch the game but still missed the beginning of second half. I'd got so close to the front and didn't want to let the others down. I'd given up before the start of the first half after waiting in line for twenty minutes still being far from the front. Maybe the corporates that inhabit such boxes prefer to drink rather than watch.

They can choose to have booze or not. Was in one during autumn internationals and it was full free booze catered in the box from 1100 until two hours after final whistle. Lovely.

ChiddQuin (IP Logged)
01 January, 2018 12:43
Well I know one group of ten who have been to every big game up to this one decided it was too expensive and stayed away.

PJMQuin (IP Logged)
01 January, 2018 12:49
Quote:
Brown Bottle
Quote:
PJMQuin
Quote:
QuickerQuin

Well at least they weren't being given out to disableds.

I really hope you’re not saying what I think you are.

PickledPelican (IP Logged)
01 January, 2018 13:53
Was this a catered box?
I was advised by the hospitality team at Quins that there were no 'non catered boxes" available this year, due to the demand for catered at £265 per head!!
Which includes beer, wine and soft drinks.

QuickerQuin (IP Logged)
01 January, 2018 14:49
Quote:
Monte
We give free tickets to troops at all our matches.

Is this all troops to all matches?

What about former troops?

PJMQuin (IP Logged)
01 January, 2018 16:26
Quote:
QuickerQuin
Quote:
Monte
We give free tickets to troops at all our matches.

Is this all troops to all matches?

What about former troops?

This is via the website ticketsfortroops [www.ticketsfortroops.org.uk]. Unusually it’s not for veterans except those medically discharged after 2001. Many premiership teams will donate a few sets of tickets per game not usually every game and the tickets are popular. International tickets are usually via ballot.

For those with an issue that something is given to troops for free, clubs like Quins do give tickets to other organisations and charities on a routine basis and more often than not focussed on the region/community.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net