rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Team vs Sale
WellingQuin (IP Logged)
05 January, 2018 11:57
HARLEQUINS HAS NAMED THE MATCHDAY 23 TO FACE SALE SHARKS AT THE AJ BELL STADIUM IN ROUND 13 OF THE AVIVA PREMIERSHIP (SATURDAY 6TH JANUARY, KICK-OFF 15:00).

In an unchanged starting pack, Dave Ward once again captains the side following his Man of the Match performance against Northampton Saints at Big Game 10, in Round 12 of the competition.

In the backs, Mike Brown has sustained a minor knock, as Ross Chisholm comes in to start at fullback. Tim Visser and Charlie Walker are retained on either wing after the pair ran in seven tries between them in December.

Among the replacements, Renaldo Bothma comes in and will cover the back row from the bench.

Ahead of the match, Harlequins Director of Rugby, John Kingston said: “Sale have dismantled both Gloucester and, more recently, Bath at home this season. They have shown what a huge threat they now pose with quality across the team.

"We are acutely aware of how tough the challenge on Saturday is but are determined to try to finish this run of Premiership matches with a crucial win on the road.”

Harlequins squad to face Sale Sharks (Harlequins appearances)

15. Ross Chisholm (83)
14. Charlie Walker (80)
13. Alofa Alofa (43)
12. Jamie Roberts (44)
11. Tim Visser (50)
10. Marcus Smith (16)
9. Danny Care (236)

1. Joe Marler (162)
2. Dave Ward (Captain, 132)
3. Kyle Sinckler (111)
4. George Merrick (74)
5. Ben Glynn (14)
6. James Chisholm (45)
7. Chris Robshaw (251)
8. Mat Luamanu (56)

16. Elia Elia (11)
17. Lewis Boyce (10)
18. Phil Swainston (6)
19. Charlie Matthews (152)
20. Renaldo Bothma (4)
21. Jono Kitto (4)
22. James Lang (12)
23. Henry Cheeseman (10)

The wait for Saili goes on...

Re: Team vs Sale
WellingQuin (IP Logged)
05 January, 2018 12:00
Sale Sharks make one change from the starting fifteen which played at Gloucester when they face Harlequins in Aviva Premiership Round 13 at the AJ Bell Stadium tomorrow (Saturday), kick off 3.00pm.

Josh Strauss is unable to play, due to injury. Cameron Neild comes in to back row, with skipper Jon Ross moving along to Number 8. TJ Ioane fills the gap on the bench vacated by Neild.

Sharks:

15.James O'Connor
14.Denny Solomona
13.Sam James
12.Rohan Janse Van Rensburg
11.Byron McGuigan
10.AJ MacGinty
9.Faf De Klerk

1.Ross Harrison
2.Rob Webber
3.WillGriffJohn
4.Bryn Evans
5.Andrei Ostrikov
6.Cameron Neild
7.Ben Curry
8.Jono Ross (capt).

Replacements:

16.Marc Jones
17.James Flynn
18.Halani Aulika
19. George Nott
20.TJ Ioane
21.WillCliff
22.Mike Haley
23.Will Addison.

Sale Sharks' Director Rugby Steve Diamond said,

"If we can record another win this weekend I think we would have got a really good return from the three games over the Christmas and New Year period but that won't be easy," said Dimes.

"Quins are a very good side and they will come up here on the back of that excellent win against Northampton last weekend.

"They are well coached and usually travel well away from the Stoop, so we are very aware that we will have to be on our mettle if we are to overcome them.

jonf (IP Logged)
05 January, 2018 12:15
I said months ago we won't see Saili play again...I still think the same.

T-Bone (IP Logged)
05 January, 2018 12:16
Good to see a largely unchanged team. Shame about Mike. Good to see Bothma back. Imagine Wallace will feature in Europe and Anglo Welsh.

Fearless Fred (IP Logged)
05 January, 2018 12:27
With Bothma fit, I'm happy to let Luke ease back in through European & A/W games. When Jack comes back, we'll have some very hard choices to make about who to start in the back row!

Nice to have a modicum of continuity. Chis Snr may not be on a par with Mike, but he's a capable alternative. Hopefully Morris isn't too far off this return (was supposed to be this month, I believe), so that when Browny's of on England duty, we have two options there too.

Cookie (IP Logged)
05 January, 2018 12:44
Saili was in for another MRI today as he was 2 weeks ago.

As mentioned in the injury report, Luke is ineligible for the European games, so it's a bit odd that he's not in the squad tomorrow to rest one of the regulars who will be playing.

talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
05 January, 2018 12:49
Well it'll be interesting to see if a consistent team will lead to a consistent performance.

This XV (pretty much) played exceptionally against Northampton. There should be no reason they can't do so again.

DamonQuins (IP Logged)
05 January, 2018 12:55
Why no Yarde in their team?

Is he injured or was him not playing against us part of the transfer?

fandg2 (IP Logged)
05 January, 2018 12:55
Quote:
Cookie

As mentioned in the injury report, Luke is ineligible for the European games, so it's a bit odd that he's not in the squad tomorrow to rest one of the regulars who will be playing.

Ditto that for Cheeseman as well. Thought either Roberts,Alofa or Visser might have been given a rest/bench slot to give him a full run out as he's ineligible for Europe as well

Stoopendous (IP Logged)
05 January, 2018 12:56
Quote:
WellingQuin

"They are well coached and usually travel well away from the Stoop, so we are very aware that we will have to be on our mettle if we are to overcome them.

Diamon! Delusional or what?? Perhaps he means that we have a better set of wheels for Motorway journeys...

Safri-quin (IP Logged)
05 January, 2018 13:05
Quote:
DamonQuins

Evidently part of contract with Sale was he can't face us this season

05 January, 2018 13:09
Quote:
Cookie
Saili was in for another MRI today as he was 2 weeks ago.

Would have thought we're prioritising the league so simply a case of get your best and fittest players out on the pitch.

Not sure Wallace is actually ahead of the other in that sense at the moment.

Bedfordshire Boy (IP Logged)
05 January, 2018 14:13
Quote:
Safri-quin
Quote:
DamonQuins

Evidently part of contract with Sale was he can't face us this season

A gentleman's agreement apparently according to a report I read quoting Diamond.

GP2110 (IP Logged)
05 January, 2018 15:26
We absolutely should not be resting players for League matches.

GrubbyQuin (IP Logged)
05 January, 2018 15:50
Any news on Horwill?

WellingQuin (IP Logged)
05 January, 2018 15:55
Quote:
GrubbyQuin
Any news on Horwill?

I think Kingston said he should be back by the end of the month.

05 January, 2018 16:07
Quote:
WellingQuin
Quote:
GrubbyQuin
Any news on Horwill?

Did he say which month?

I think this is the problem with Saili. We know he will return after two weeks, but we just don't know which two weeks in the year it will be.

WellingQuin (IP Logged)
05 January, 2018 16:21
Quote:
talkshowhost86
Quote:
WellingQuin
Quote:
GrubbyQuin
Any news on Horwill?

Did he say which month?

I think this is the problem with Saili. We know he will return after two weeks, but we just don't know which two weeks in the year it will be.

End of this month, along with Twomey I believe.

05 January, 2018 16:23
Quote:
WellingQuin
Quote:
talkshowhost86
Quote:
WellingQuin
Quote:
GrubbyQuin
Any news on Horwill?

Did he say which month?

End of this month, along with Twomey I believe.

I really hope Twomey is back up to speed at some point this season. Whilst Glynn is a good old workhorse, and Merrick has a decent presence, Twomey (from what we saw before his injury anyway) is a step up in quality and he and Horwill would be a good team.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
06 January, 2018 11:31
Quote:
fandg2
Quote:
Cookie

Ditto that for Cheeseman as well. Thought either Roberts,Alofa or Visser might have been given a rest/bench slot to give him a full run out as he's ineligible for Europe as well

Kingston also goes on to say that while he had a cameo last week he’s using the three weeks to improve his fitness to be ready to start post Europe break - which seems sensible to me

blucherquin (IP Logged)
06 January, 2018 11:48
Quote:
GP2110
We absolutely should not be resting players for League matches.

We’re not.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
06 January, 2018 11:53
Quote:
jonf

Were you one of the posters who suspected that we'd never see Bothma play?

blucherquin (IP Logged)
06 January, 2018 11:59
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
jonf

Nah he wasn’t . Have to say I fear the same. He’s failed concussion assessments so many times for months.

Fingers crossed but fear the worst after Reddish.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
06 January, 2018 13:39
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
jonf

Nah he wasn’t . Have to say I fear the same. He’s failed concussion assessments so many times for months.

Fingers crossed but fear the worst after Reddish.

Similar to the Chis Junior situation. He had the whole summer to recover but was still out for a while.

The only thing that's certain us that recovery times for concussion are indeterminable.

Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
06 January, 2018 14:09
I think if I had to place a bet then I'd bet on him playing for us again. He's said he feels fine and JK has said they are being very cautious.

Anyone know the evidence against?

blucherquin (IP Logged)
06 January, 2018 14:36
Quote:
Quinten Poulsen
I think if I had to place a bet then I'd bet on him playing for us again. He's said he feels fine and JK has said they are being very cautious.
Anyone know the evidence against?

Presumably the brain scans..

Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
06 January, 2018 14:40
I haven't seen them.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
06 January, 2018 16:56
THANKS MARLER FOR LOSING THAT VITAL 5 POINTS FOR US YOU STUPID CHILD

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net