Homer decision.

Re: Sale vs Harlequins game thread
GrubbyQuin (IP Logged)
06 January, 2018 16:55
FT 30 29

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
Think we got sold a pup there. And as for Marler, he stays on and we win that. Complete stupidity. Really annoyed me that has

talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
Poor result and still some silly errors from the squad as a whole.

But only one man to blame for that loss. Marler has a huge amount of apologising to do.

What a complete mug he is at times.

Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
Complete bottle job from the ref.

WellingQuin (IP Logged)
06 January, 2018 16:56
Can't help but think just how much an incredibly stupid move by marler has effected the chance to get a win here.

Someone like that should know so much better. Let myself and quins down, can't imagine EJ will be happy either.

TheSouthfields2 (IP Logged)
06 January, 2018 16:56
Why ask the TMO and then ignore him? Really didn't feel like a balanced refereeing effort today!

blucherquin (IP Logged)
06 January, 2018 16:57
Marler.

That’s going to take a long time to forgive.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
Quote:
Quinten Poulsen

No doubt. No way you could say for certain that he was out, so in that case he was in

MrOther (IP Logged)
Well done Joe Marler.
Single-handedly lost that match for us.
What an utter plonker.

RleQuin (IP Logged)
Marler wins the idiot of the year award already!!
Just what the hell is the matter with him?
Joe, instead of posing for ridiculous photos as Bad Santa, can you please remember you are supposed to be a professional rugby player!!
RleQ

Dave L (IP Logged)
That’s 3 points dropped by Marler. Stupid boy, just brain dead. Shouldn’t have needed to rely on decisions late on.

thomh (IP Logged)
06 January, 2018 16:58
Quote:
HonkyTonk
Quote:
Quinten Poulsen

No doubt. No way you could say for certain that he was out, so in that case he was in

What question was asked?

Scamble (IP Logged)
06 January, 2018 16:58
TMO says "there's nothing clear and obvious", ref says " I think his shorts touch the line", TMO says "I agree"

Bullsh1t decision

Marler to blame though

Rocker (IP Logged)
06 January, 2018 16:59
I'll wait for the high(low)lights, but I wouldn't be surprised with Carly! He's hopeless :-(

DOK (IP Logged)
End of game.

2 points instead of 5!

What an idiot Joe Marler is!

Sale 30 Harlequins 29

Joe exposed us to the equivalent of playing through 2 yellow cards!

Actually, given the average points lost per yellow card is 7 points, we did very well!

raedarius (IP Logged)
What did Marler do?

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
06 January, 2018 17:00
I dont think that is any different to the way Botica kicked the ball away in the last minute. Both brain dead decisions that cost any chance of a win

TeddingtonQuin (IP Logged)
06 January, 2018 17:00
Quote:
Dave L
That’s 3 points dropped by Marler. Stupid boy, just brain dead. Shouldn’t have needed to rely on decisions late on.

4 points surely? Should have been a 5 pointer!

West Stand, Block FD, Row S (if renewed)
@JT075 #COYQ

thomh (IP Logged)
06 January, 2018 17:01
Quote:
TeddingtonQuin
Quote:
Dave L

We get two points for the narrow loss and 4 tries.

Dave L (IP Logged)
06 January, 2018 17:02
Quote:
TeddingtonQuin
Quote:
Dave L

We got 2 points - LBP and TBP

06 January, 2018 17:03
Quote:
raedarius
What did Marler do?

Shoulder charged Ioane's head on the side of a ruck. Utterly stupid and would have been pointless had he cleared him legally anyway.

QuincyJones (IP Logged)
06 January, 2018 17:03
I think apart from the Marler red card, which was absolutely the correct decision, Carly has an overall pretty poor game today. Including the last call. It's not clear and obvious that Robshaw is in touch, that was a cop out from a referee who seemingly wants an easier walk back to the car.

Regardless of all that, Carly is not to blame for the loss. Robbed us of a late smash and grab... but Marler was the culprit today and I hope he gets a significant ban if it will do anything to stop him committing all these idiotic acts. I love him for his ability and his character and for his commitment as a one-club man but the cheap shots just keep coming and coming and coming.

PS - Our defence is still shocking. Bin Easter already, jeeeeez.

06 January, 2018 17:04
Quote:
DOK

Actually, given the average points lost per yellow card is 7 points, we did very well!

I think that's a myth started by someone like Stuart Barnes many years ago. I think someone applied some science to it and came up with a 2 point loss.

Squid (IP Logged)
06 January, 2018 17:10
Disappointing result for sure.

But the real concern is that such a talented man keeps pushing the self-destruct button.

QuinAlan (IP Logged)
06 January, 2018 17:14
Not at the game & havent seen it on TV. This sounds infuriating. John Kingston must be raging angry. But there are good signs surely in that we've lost our last two away games by one point. Thats pretty competitive you have to say, but yeah we lost.

06 January, 2018 17:14
Quote:
QuincyJones
I think apart from the Marler red card, which was absolutely the correct decision, Carly has an overall pretty poor game today. Including the last call. It's not clear and obvious that Robshaw is in touch, that was a cop out from a referee who seemingly wants an easier walk back to the car.
Regardless of all that, Carly is not to blame for the loss. Robbed us of a late smash and grab... but Marler was the culprit today and I hope he gets a significant ban if it will do anything to stop him committing all these idiotic acts. I love him for his ability and his character and for his commitment as a one-club man but the cheap shots just keep coming and coming and coming.

PS - Our defence is still shocking. Bin Easter already, jeeeeez.

To me it was clear and obvious that Robshaw's backside (or at least his shorts!) was in touch.

Really cannot understand why Marler would do such a stupid thing. we were in a winning position having come back from 14-0 down only for him to effectively throw it away

@JT075 #COYQ

Stooperman (IP Logged)
06 January, 2018 17:23
As has mentioned above ^ , we lost at Newcastle and Sale by point and took 3 league points in the process. Based on previous years, that's not a bad return.

However, three Ds are costing us ...Defence, Discipline, and Dumb play. 30 points shipped again- outweighing the great attacking play and creativity. Dumb play and from Marler and ill discipline generally have cost us again.

JK is going to have to shake things up quite a lot in the off season if we are going to rise above our usual mid table mediocrity.

In the meantime, despite being 9th, we are only 6 points of 6th - on balance though I think Id rather have a year in the mickey mouse cup whilst we reorganise ourselves, rather than send our youngsters out to get hammered in the senior cup next year.

06 January, 2018 17:26
Quote:
Dave L
Quote:
TeddingtonQuin
Quote:
Dave L

We got 2 points - LBP and TBP

D'oh!! Yes, thanks!

@JT075 #COYQ

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
06 January, 2018 21:46
Quote:
Quinten Poulsen
Quote:
DOK

I think that's a myth started by someone like Stuart Barnes many years ago. I think someone applied some science to it and came up with a 2 point loss.

I believe I heard in commentary recently that we are giving up 13 or 14 points per yellow this season.

Bedfordshire Boy (IP Logged)
06 January, 2018 22:11
Quote:
RodneyRegis
Quote:
Quinten Poulsen
Quote:
DOK

I believe I heard in commentary recently that we are giving up 13 or 14 points per yellow this season.

Me too.

Dibden (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 10:32
To lose by just one point at Sale and Newcastle is a fair performance and better than I expected.If only we could tighten our defence we could be challenging for top 4.Has JK ever identified this as a must improve key aspect of our game?He always focuses on the positives and never the negatives in order to protect his own position and that of DE.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 18:28
Quote:
Dibden
To lose by just one point at Sale and Newcastle is a fair performance and better than I expected.If only we could tighten our defence we could be challenging for top 4.Has JK ever identified this as a must improve key aspect of our game?He always focuses on the positives and never the negatives in order to protect his own position and that of DE.

I would guess that what he says in public isn't the same as what he says in private.

talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 20:46
Quote:
Dibden

Your first line is everything that's wrong about Quins at the moment.

Sadly I think the board agree.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net