rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site


Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
4 points
RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 16:44
So if we'd turned around the Falcons and Sale games we'd be on 38, ahead of Glaws on PD in 4th, a point behind Wasps in 3rd.

Not a hard league for a side with players like ours, even given the injuries. everybody takes points off everybody. If we could sort out our defence we'd be a top 4 side no worries.

Of course, if we'd beaten easy-beats Irish too, who knows...

 
Re: 4 points
RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 16:46
If only we had Deano back! no bonus for Exeter at Falcons.

 
Re: 4 points
Bedfordshire Boy (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 16:49
Puts a different perspective on the Falcons Quins result.

 
Re: 4 points
HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 16:49
Said many a time I would have him back. Done his time now. TRP seems to think he may be off to Saints. Also saw something today about Lewington to Sarries being off and he might be on his way to Saints also.

 
Re: 4 points
RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 16:52
Quote:
Bedfordshire Boy
Puts a different perspective on the Falcons Quins result.

Not really. Different day, different game. Shoulda woulda coulda.

 
Re: 4 points
kevin (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 17:02
Quote:
Bedfordshire Boy
Puts a different perspective on the Falcons Quins result.
Shows how poor we are!

 
Re: 4 points
kevin (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 17:04
Quote:
RodneyRegis
So if we'd turned around the Falcons and Sale games we'd be on 38, ahead of Glaws on PD in 4th, a point behind Wasps in 3rd.
Not a hard league for a side with players like ours, even given the injuries. everybody takes points off everybody. If we could sort out our defence we'd be a top 4 side no worries.

Of course, if we'd beaten easy-beats Irish too, who knows...
I lost count of how many “ifs” ...

 
Re: 4 points
Bedfordshire Boy (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 17:04
Of course, you are both absolutely correct.

 
Re: 4 points
Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 18:31
Quote:
RodneyRegis
So if we'd turned around the Falcons and Sale games we'd be on 38, ahead of Glaws on PD in 4th, a point behind Wasps in 3rd.
Not a hard league for a side with players like ours, even given the injuries. everybody takes points off everybody. If we could sort out our defence we'd be a top 4 side no worries.

Of course, if we'd beaten easy-beats Irish too, who knows...

If my auntie had balls, she'd be my uncle.

 
Re: 4 points
Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 18:33
Quote:
Bedfordshire Boy
Puts a different perspective on the Falcons Quins result.

Amusing how many people on here didn't rate Newcastle. Perhaps they're not such a bad team after all.

 
Re: 4 points
SiBolton (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 18:38
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
Bedfordshire Boy
Puts a different perspective on the Falcons Quins result.

Amusing how many people on here didn't rate Newcastle. Perhaps they're not such a bad team after all.

Spot on B.B. and still think we played a very good second half up there
And yesterday we showed a lot of improvements, and of course it won5 be popular think we have definitely improved as in the past these where the game we would be leaving with nothing

 
Re: 4 points
Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 18:58
Quote:
SiBolton
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
Bedfordshire Boy
Puts a different perspective on the Falcons Quins result.

Amusing how many people on here didn't rate Newcastle. Perhaps they're not such a bad team after all.

Spot on B.B. and still think we played a very good second half up there
And yesterday we showed a lot of improvements, and of course it won5 be popular think we have definitely improved as in the past these where the game we would be leaving with nothing

Agreed. Earlier this season, I doubt many would have predicted 3 pointd from the last two games, or that they would have been so close.

 
Re: 4 points
Cookie (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 19:12
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
SiBolton
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
Bedfordshire Boy
Puts a different perspective on the Falcons Quins result.

Amusing how many people on here didn't rate Newcastle. Perhaps they're not such a bad team after all.

Spot on B.B. and still think we played a very good second half up there
And yesterday we showed a lot of improvements, and of course it won5 be popular think we have definitely improved as in the past these where the game we would be leaving with nothing

Agreed. Earlier this season, I doubt many would have predicted 3 pointd from the last two games, or that they would have been so close.

If we'd have played well at Newcastle on the day we would have won. If Newcastle had played like they seemingly did today they would have caned us.

Shall we talk about how many wins London Irish have this season??!!

 
Re: 4 points
Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 19:14
Quote:
Cookie
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
SiBolton
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
Bedfordshire Boy
Puts a different perspective on the Falcons Quins result.

Amusing how many people on here didn't rate Newcastle. Perhaps they're not such a bad team after all.

Spot on B.B. and still think we played a very good second half up there
And yesterday we showed a lot of improvements, and of course it won5 be popular think we have definitely improved as in the past these where the game we would be leaving with nothing

Agreed. Earlier this season, I doubt many would have predicted 3 pointd from the last two games, or that they would have been so close.

If we'd have played well at Newcastle on the day we would have won. If Newcastle had played like they seemingly did today they would have caned us.

Shall we talk about how many wins London Irish have this season??!!

How many will they have at the end of the season?

 
Re: 4 points
RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 19:24
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
Bedfordshire Boy
Puts a different perspective on the Falcons Quins result.

Amusing how many people on here didn't rate Newcastle. Perhaps they're not such a bad team after all.

Amazing what a decent coach can do, eh quinks? Nobody doesn't rate Newcastle, they're a strong team especially at home. But we were profligate and gave away cheap points in the first half. We should have won.

 
Re: 4 points
talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 19:36
I knew some on here would somehow use Newcastle's win today to show how we're actually really good.

Bit sad really.

 
Re: 4 points
Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 19:33
Quote:
RodneyRegis

Amazing what a decent coach can do, eh quinks? Nobody doesn't rate Newcastle, they're a strong team especially at home.

I must have been reading a different CAW.

 
Re: 4 points
Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 19:36
Quote:
talkshowhost86
I knew some on here would somehow use Newcastle's win today to show how they're actually really good.
Bit sad really.

There you go, fixed it for you. Don't be sad... You'll perk up by next weekend.

 
Re: 4 points
Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 19:38
Quote:
talkshowhost86
I knew some on here would somehow use Newcastle's win today to show how we're actually really good.
Bit sad really.

It does illustrate the inconsistency in the league this season, especially between 3rd and 10th - not many points between them/us all. Top 2 very good, bottom 2 not very good and the middle 8 a bit same-as-that...

 
Re: 4 pointsaq
SiBolton (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 19:57
Quote:
Bolly-Quin
Quote:
talkshowhost86
I knew some on here would somehow use Newcastle's win today to show how we're actually really good.
Bit sad really.

It does illustrate the inconsistency in the league this season, especially between 3rd and 10th - not many points between them/us all. Top 2 very good, bottom 2 not very good and the middle 8 a bit same-as-that...

Well summed up Bolly
We are 6 points off 4th and it looks like it will just be a battle for mid table position along with others

 
Re: 4 pointsaq
talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 20:09
Quote:
SiBolton
Quote:
Bolly-Quin
Quote:
talkshowhost86
I knew some on here would somehow use Newcastle's win today to show how we're actually really good.
Bit sad really.

It does illustrate the inconsistency in the league this season, especially between 3rd and 10th - not many points between them/us all. Top 2 very good, bottom 2 not very good and the middle 8 a bit same-as-that...

Well summed up Bolly
We are 6 points off 4th and it looks like it will just be a battle for mid table position along with others

A battle we are currently bottom of whichever way you look at it.

Have you seen anything to suggest we'll suddenly rise to the top of that group?

 
Re: 4 pointsaq
HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 20:08
Glimpses, but we lack consistency

 
Re: 4 points
SiBolton (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 20:08
No, I said battle for mid table

 
Re: 4 pointsaq
Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 20:15
Quote:
talkshowhost86
Quote:
SiBolton
Quote:
Bolly-Quin
Quote:
talkshowhost86
I knew some on here would somehow use Newcastle's win today to show how we're actually really good.
Bit sad really.

It does illustrate the inconsistency in the league this season, especially between 3rd and 10th - not many points between them/us all. Top 2 very good, bottom 2 not very good and the middle 8 a bit same-as-that...

Well summed up Bolly
We are 6 points off 4th and it looks like it will just be a battle for mid table position along with others

A battle we are currently bottom of whichever way you look at it.

Injured players coming back for us plus home games against a few teams above us.
Have you seen anything to suggest we'll suddenly rise to the top of that group?

 
Re: 4 pointsaq
talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 20:25
QP do you think we've shown we can beat Wasps and Bath at home?

Or Newcastle even?

I just don't see how anyone can be confident about any of those games.

 
Re: 4 pointsaq
HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 20:25
We can beat them, no doubt. Unfortunately until the game starts we have no idea which quins side will turn up, and that is one of our big problems, and has been for a while.

 
Re: 4 pointsaq
talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 20:33
Quote:
HonkyTonk
We can beat them, no doubt. Unfortunately until the game starts we have no idea which quins side will turn up, and that is one of our big problems, and has been for a while.

Exactly.

Which is why I don't understand how people can just assume we'll win our home games.

 
Re: 4 points
Cookie (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 00:08
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
Cookie
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
SiBolton
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
Bedfordshire Boy
Puts a different perspective on the Falcons Quins result.

Amusing how many people on here didn't rate Newcastle. Perhaps they're not such a bad team after all.

Spot on B.B. and still think we played a very good second half up there
And yesterday we showed a lot of improvements, and of course it won5 be popular think we have definitely improved as in the past these where the game we would be leaving with nothing

Agreed. Earlier this season, I doubt many would have predicted 3 pointd from the last two games, or that they would have been so close.

If we'd have played well at Newcastle on the day we would have won. If Newcastle had played like they seemingly did today they would have caned us.

Shall we talk about how many wins London Irish have this season??!!

How many will they have at the end of the season?

Difficult to see how it'll be more than 1.

 
Re: 4 pointsaq
Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 01:10
Quote:
talkshowhost86
QP do you think we've shown we can beat Wasps and Bath at home?
Or Newcastle even?

I just don't see how anyone can be confident about any of those games.

I'll be pretty confident assuming the injury list continues to improve. No reason not to be. Doesn't mean I assume we're going to win these games. I was reasonably confident we'd win against Sale as well. Of course, Marler put an end to that.

 
Re: 4 points
Brown Bottle (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 08:02
Quote:
Difficult to see how it'll be more than 1.

Although they get to play us again.



BB

 
Re: 4 points
Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 10:19
I had a lovely PM from another poster:

Quote:
I've said I won't reply to you again so please don't then take the petty approach of amending my posts knowing I won't respond on the board.
You know it's childish and beneath you so just stop it.

Strange, I thought it was a public forum where anyone can post?

 
Re: 4 points
Fanski (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 10:39
If we had not lost to the useless LI and not let in 3 soft tries at Exe and not lost at home to Tigers and not lost at Sale or Falcons we would be 20 points better off

we did that is why we are not very good - the league does not lie

 
Re: 4 points
T-Bone (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 10:57
I don't understand how some posters seem to think that because we lost to a particular team on a certain weekend, and then the same team beat a team higher up in the league than us on a different weekend, if therefore naturally follows that our close loss was actually a really good result.

Teams play differently on different weekends. There are many different factors involved, such as weather, injuries, selection, etc.

We lost to Falcons because we played awfully in the first half and missed a ridiculous number of tackles. Falcons then played very well to thrash Exeter. Just because they beat Exeter by more, doesn't mean that our loss is somehow a more positive result in hindsight.

Every knows that Falcons are now a seriously decent team. That doesn't mean that we played well though



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2018 12:18 by T-Bone.

 
Re: 4 points
quin_jon (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 11:26
There's a difference between saying:-
"If we want to be Champions then we should be beating teams like Newcastle away".
and
"We should be beating teams like Newcastle away".

The first statement is true whereas the 2nd is (which was said by a few people) is blatantly false given our inconsistencies.

 
Re: 4 points
RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 11:39
We're not saying "we should be beating Newcastle away playing like we are" We're saying "we should be playing better and beating Newcastle". We should have beaten Newcastle. Our defence was appalling in the first half. If we had, say, the 9th best defence inthe league, we'd be top 4 at the moment.

We're 6 points behind top 4 halfway through the season, how is top 6 now the aim? If our defence improves we'll make top 4 this year.

Yes, another if, I know.

We're currently 2 points behind the roadmap for 4th.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2018 11:41 by RodneyRegis.

 
Re: 4 points
Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 12:19
Quote:
T-Bone

I don't understand how some posters seem to think that because we lost to a particular team on a certain weekend, and then the same team beat a team higher up in the league than us on a different weekend, if therefore naturally follows that our close loss was actually a really good result.

Teams play differently on different weekends. There are many different factors involved, such as weather, injuries, selection, etc.


Same logic should apply to our loss to LI then - negating this post:

Quote:
fanski
If we had not lost to the useless LI and not let in 3 soft tries at Exe and not lost at home to Tigers and not lost at Sale or Falcons we would be 20 points better off
we did that is why we are not very good

 
Re: 4 points
RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 12:26
Not really. London Irish have lost every other game. Because south Africa lost to Japan doesn't mean England would be excused from doing so.

 
Re: 4 points
talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 12:30
Quote:
RodneyRegis
Not really. London Irish have lost every other game. Because south Africa lost to Japan doesn't mean England would be excused from doing so.

Exactly.

Not even close to being the same thing really.

London Irish were good on the day, but it doesn't really make any logical sense that they would turn up on day 1 and then just down tools for the rest of the season.

Much more likely, and obvious if you actually watched the game, that we were simply atrocious on the day and when a team actually plays properly against Irish then they get the win. The fact that we didn't set the tone for our season really.

 
Re: 4 points
Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 12:38
Quote:
talkshowhost86
Quote:
RodneyRegis
Not really. London Irish have lost every other game. Because south Africa lost to Japan doesn't mean England would be excused from doing so.

Exactly.

Not even close to being the same thing really.

London Irish were good on the day, but it doesn't really make any logical sense that they would turn up on day 1 and then just down tools for the rest of the season.

Much more likely, and obvious if you actually watched the game, that we were simply atrocious on the day and when a team actually plays properly against Irish then they get the win. The fact that we didn't set the tone for our season really.

Being atrocious on the day doesn't make us a terrible team. It makes us human. People have off days. Some more than others, but one game doesn't define our season - be it the LI game or the Sarries game.

 
Re: 4 points
Stooperman (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 12:44
I'd ventire to suggest that Irish played better against us than they normally do for the same reason that we tend to raise our game at The Stoop against Saracens.

I like the look of the run in, I'm predicting somethign like this:

Beat Irish handily at The Stoop - general board euphoria, we have turned the corner top 4 is in reach if we win our remaining games
Lose to Gloucester - Doom, gloom , general glumness calls for JK to go.
Beat worcester away - we have lifted our away day hoodoo, the team is improving - positive signs for next season, we can finish top 6
Get humped by Exeter at The Stoop, finish 7th. Calls for Jk to go, criticism of MAtthews, Roberts, Marler and MApletoft. Retire grumpily into the off season unless we win the Anglo-welsh!

 
Re: 4 points
Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 13:08
Quote:
Stooperman
I'd ventire to suggest that Irish played better against us than they normally do for the same reason that we tend to raise our game at The Stoop against Saracens.
I like the look of the run in, I'm predicting somethign like this:

Beat Irish handily at The Stoop - general board euphoria, we have turned the corner top 4 is in reach if we win our remaining games
Lose to Gloucester - Doom, gloom , general glumness calls for JK to go.
Beat worcester away - we have lifted our away day hoodoo, the team is improving - positive signs for next season, we can finish top 6
Get humped by Exeter at The Stoop, finish 7th. Calls for Jk to go, criticism of MAtthews, Roberts, Marler and MApletoft. Retire grumpily into the off season unless we win the Anglo-welsh!

You make it sound like some posters are predictable winking smiley

Whilst your predictions are perfectly within reason, a major factor is the unpredictability of results elsewhere. It seems that nearly every week there is a major shock; let's just hope we can be on the winning side of a few of them.

 
Re: 4 points
Cookie (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 13:29
Quote:
Quinky Kin
I had a lovely PM from another poster:
Quote:
I've said I won't reply to you again so please don't then take the petty approach of amending my posts knowing I won't respond on the board.
You know it's childish and beneath you so just stop it.

Strange, I thought it was a public forum where anyone can post?

Very, very poor form to put an inoffensive private message in the public domain.

 
Re: 4 points
Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 13:44
Quote:
Cookie
Quote:
Quinky Kin
I had a lovely PM from another poster:
Quote:
I've said I won't reply to you again so please don't then take the petty approach of amending my posts knowing I won't respond on the board.
You know it's childish and beneath you so just stop it.

Strange, I thought it was a public forum where anyone can post?

Very, very poor form to put an inoffensive private message in the public domain.

Oh well, never mind.

I thought it was strange to object to someone replying on a public forum.

 
Re: 4 points
Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 15:26
Quote:
RodneyRegis
...We're not saying "we should be beating Newcastle away playing like we are" We're saying "we should be playing better and beating Newcastle". We should have beaten Newcastle. Our defence was appalling in the first half...

We should beat Newcastle with even with our appalling defence?

I think more people would perhaps agree with your POV if it wasn't for the hyperbole:- "appalling defence". I'd reserve that for Northampton's 0-31 score at half time, rather than an 0-11 score that Quins had. If the defence was appalling, Newcastle would have scored a hat full of tries.

As for Exeter losing too, it says more about Newcastle, especially at home. Not enough credit given to them here in my view - they are a genuinely up-and-coming side, while we stagnate.

 
Re: 4 points
Cookie (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 16:12
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
Cookie
Quote:
Quinky Kin
I had a lovely PM from another poster:
Quote:
I've said I won't reply to you again so please don't then take the petty approach of amending my posts knowing I won't respond on the board.
You know it's childish and beneath you so just stop it.

Strange, I thought it was a public forum where anyone can post?

Very, very poor form to put an inoffensive private message in the public domain.

Oh well, never mind.

I thought it was strange to object to someone replying on a public forum.

That's as may be, but he did that privately with a particular complaint about editing, not just a plain whinge. Unless it was particularly rude or out of order it should have stayed private. Poor form.

 
Re: 4 points
RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 16:25
Deano's Newcastle are certainly outperforming JK's Quins at the moment.

 
Re: 4 points
Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 16:29
Quote:
RodneyRegis
Deano's Newcastle are certainly outperforming JK's Quins at the moment.

thumbs down

 
Re: 4 points
Stooperman (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 18:00
Re Appalling defence above.

Look at the prem table, we have the 4th best offence in the league by points scored. We have the ninth best defence - we've only conceded 13 fewer than Saints - who we've just walloped by the best part of 30 points. Only Worcester and L Irish have significantly worse defensive records than us.

I think appalling is a very apt word for our defence at the moment. We shipped 30 points again at the weekend, & with Wasps and La Rochelle coming up, I can't see the average getting better any time soon!

 
Re: 4 points
Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 18:25
Quote:
Cookie
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
Cookie
Quote:
Quinky Kin
I had a lovely PM from another poster:
Quote:
I've said I won't reply to you again so please don't then take the petty approach of amending my posts knowing I won't respond on the board.
You know it's childish and beneath you so just stop it.

Strange, I thought it was a public forum where anyone can post?

Very, very poor form to put an inoffensive private message in the public domain.

Oh well, never mind.

I thought it was strange to object to someone replying on a public forum.

That's as may be, but he did that privately with a particular complaint about editing, not just a plain whinge. Unless it was particularly rude or out of order it should have stayed private. Poor form.

Well, there was slightly more that was less polite.

My curiosity is how someone can object to a response on a public forum. The key words being "public" and "forum". And yes, I know the message was "private"; however, we both signed up to a "public" debate; I never agreed to enter into any "private" messaging.

 
Re: 4 points
Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 18:50
Quote:
Stooperman
Re Appalling defence above.
Look at the prem table, we have the 4th best offence in the league by points scored. We have the ninth best defence - we've only conceded 13 fewer than Saints - who we've just walloped by the best part of 30 points. Only Worcester and L Irish have significantly worse defensive records than us.

I think appalling is a very apt word for our defence at the moment. We shipped 30 points again at the weekend, & with Wasps and La Rochelle coming up, I can't see the average getting better any time soon!

I, as was RR (in this case), referring to our defence in the first half v Newcastle. However, I still feel appalling is overstating it - occasionally very bad, sometimes very good - like our performances this season, it is very inconsistent: I'd reserve appalling for continually very bad, but thats me...

 
Re: 4 points
Cookie (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 18:50
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
Cookie
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
Cookie
Quote:
Quinky Kin
I had a lovely PM from another poster:
Quote:
I've said I won't reply to you again so please don't then take the petty approach of amending my posts knowing I won't respond on the board.
You know it's childish and beneath you so just stop it.

Strange, I thought it was a public forum where anyone can post?

Very, very poor form to put an inoffensive private message in the public domain.

Oh well, never mind.

I thought it was strange to object to someone replying on a public forum.

That's as may be, but he did that privately with a particular complaint about editing, not just a plain whinge. Unless it was particularly rude or out of order it should have stayed private. Poor form.

Well, there was slightly more that was less polite.

My curiosity is how someone can object to a response on a public forum. The key words being "public" and "forum". And yes, I know the message was "private"; however, we both signed up to a "public" debate; I never agreed to enter into any "private" messaging.

You appear to have answered your own question.

Maybe he wanted to save the rest of us from an unending argument.

By creating an account you will have agreed to the terms and conditions, which includes private messaging.

Perhaps next time delete it without reading it.

 
Re: 4 points
Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 18:59
Quote:
Cookie
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
Cookie
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
Cookie
Quote:
Quinky Kin
I had a lovely PM from another poster:
Quote:
I've said I won't reply to you again so please don't then take the petty approach of amending my posts knowing I won't respond on the board.
You know it's childish and beneath you so just stop it.

Strange, I thought it was a public forum where anyone can post?

Very, very poor form to put an inoffensive private message in the public domain.

Oh well, never mind.

I thought it was strange to object to someone replying on a public forum.

That's as may be, but he did that privately with a particular complaint about editing, not just a plain whinge. Unless it was particularly rude or out of order it should have stayed private. Poor form.

Well, there was slightly more that was less polite.

My curiosity is how someone can object to a response on a public forum. The key words being "public" and "forum". And yes, I know the message was "private"; however, we both signed up to a "public" debate; I never agreed to enter into any "private" messaging.

You appear to have answered your own question.

Maybe he wanted to save the rest of us from an unending argument.

By creating an account you will have agreed to the terms and conditions, which includes private messaging.

Perhaps next time delete it without reading it.

I never agreed to keep it private. And besides, I think the person in question needs help. Or maybe just needs to feel wanted. I'm just picking up on some repressed hostility and if it helps then to let it all out, then I feel I'm doing my bit. I see it as being willing to suffer in order that another person can heal, in some small way.

 
Re: 4 points
Cookie (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 20:12
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
Cookie
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
Cookie
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
Cookie
Quote:
Quinky Kin
I had a lovely PM from another poster:
Quote:
I've said I won't reply to you again so please don't then take the petty approach of amending my posts knowing I won't respond on the board.
You know it's childish and beneath you so just stop it.

Strange, I thought it was a public forum where anyone can post?

Very, very poor form to put an inoffensive private message in the public domain.

Oh well, never mind.

I thought it was strange to object to someone replying on a public forum.

That's as may be, but he did that privately with a particular complaint about editing, not just a plain whinge. Unless it was particularly rude or out of order it should have stayed private. Poor form.

Well, there was slightly more that was less polite.

My curiosity is how someone can object to a response on a public forum. The key words being "public" and "forum". And yes, I know the message was "private"; however, we both signed up to a "public" debate; I never agreed to enter into any "private" messaging.

You appear to have answered your own question.

Maybe he wanted to save the rest of us from an unending argument.

By creating an account you will have agreed to the terms and conditions, which includes private messaging.

Perhaps next time delete it without reading it.

I never agreed to keep it private. And besides, I think the person in question needs help. Or maybe just needs to feel wanted. I'm just picking up on some repressed hostility and if it helps then to let it all out, then I feel I'm doing my bit. I see it as being willing to suffer in order that another person can heal, in some small way.

I think you know full well how these things work. But, as ever, QK, you'll need to have the final word, so I'll let you respond and then we'll draw a line under it.

 
Re: 4 points
Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 20:36
Quote:
Cookie

I think you know full well how these things work. But, as ever, QK, you'll need to have the final word, so I'll let you respond and then we'll draw a line under it.

Cookie, I do my best. I'm not retaliating to the many petty comments that I'm getting by PM; I'm remaining calm, and trying to offer support. I could ignore it but then I'd feel like I was ignoring a cry for help. My conscience wouldn't allow that.

But it is what it is, and I can't control others. You can have the last word if you like smiling smiley We'll just have to agree to disagree on how I go about trying to give people help when it seems to me that's what they really do need.

 
Re: 4 points
RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 21:26
Quote:
Bolly-Quin
Quote:
Stooperman
Re Appalling defence above.
Look at the prem table, we have the 4th best offence in the league by points scored. We have the ninth best defence - we've only conceded 13 fewer than Saints - who we've just walloped by the best part of 30 points. Only Worcester and L Irish have significantly worse defensive records than us.

I think appalling is a very apt word for our defence at the moment. We shipped 30 points again at the weekend, & with Wasps and La Rochelle coming up, I can't see the average getting better any time soon!

I, as was RR (in this case), referring to our defence in the first half v Newcastle. However, I still feel appalling is overstating it - occasionally very bad, sometimes very good - like our performances this season, it is very inconsistent: I'd reserve appalling for continually very bad, but thats me...

We've shipped 30 points in 75% of games this season. That's appalling and continually very bad.

 
Re: 4 points
Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 21:49
And yet we've scored more than we've conceded, unlike three of the tea teams above us at the moment. It's a bizarre season.

 
Re: 4 points
Stooperman (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 22:26
Quote:
Bolly-Quin
Quote:
Stooperman
Re Appalling defence above.
Look at the prem table, we have the 4th best offence in the league by points scored. We have the ninth best defence - we've only conceded 13 fewer than Saints - who we've just walloped by the best part of 30 points. Only Worcester and L Irish have significantly worse defensive records than us.

I think appalling is a very apt word for our defence at the moment. We shipped 30 points again at the weekend, & with Wasps and La Rochelle coming up, I can't see the average getting better any time soon!

I, as was RR (in this case), referring to our defence in the first half v Newcastle. However, I still feel appalling is overstating it - occasionally very bad, sometimes very good - like our performances this season, it is very inconsistent: I'd reserve appalling for continually very bad, but thats me...

It IS continually bad. We're conceding 27 points per premiership match, 33 per A-W match and 36 per European Champions cup match. There have only been 4 occasions in which we have conceded less than 20 points. I'd say its burrying ones head in the sand to say that our defence is anything other than appalling.

 
Re: 4 points
Stooperman (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 22:27
Quote:
Quinky Kin
And yet we've scored more than we've conceded, unlike three of the tea teams above us at the moment. It's a bizarre season.

A tale of 2 Nicks perhaps?

 
Re: 4 points
Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
09 January, 2018 07:43
If we won the league but shipped 35 pts per game, would you still be mad? If we let in 30pts every game, then “appalling” would be closer to the mark.

I think we’re arguing semantics here, it is bad, agreed. But it is sometimes good. Inconsistent, certainly.

 
Re: 4 points
RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
09 January, 2018 08:05
Quote:
Bolly-Quin
If we won the league but shipped 35 pts per game, would you still be mad? If we let in 30pts every game, then “appalling” would be closer to the mark.
I think we’re arguing semantics here, it is bad, agreed. But it is sometimes good. Inconsistent, certainly.

For heaven's sake, you're getting as bad as quinky. You've made up your own arbitrary definition of appalling and even though that still describes our defence, you're clinging on to a couple of occasions we haven't leaked points to argue that is really just inconsistent. If we won the league and shipped 100 points a game we'd be happy, but what does that have to do with anything?

HAHA, I BET YOU'D BE HAPPY IF WE LOST EVERY GAME BUT WON THE LEAGUE!!!



Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2018 08:07 by RodneyRegis.

 
Re: 4 points
Yareet (IP Logged)
09 January, 2018 08:16
Quote:
RodneyRegis
HAHA, I BET YOU'D BE HAPPY IF WE LOST EVERY GAME BUT WON THE LEAGUE!!!

Actually possible in the AW 🤔

 
Re: 4 points
Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
09 January, 2018 11:04
Quote:
Cookie

I think you know full well how these things work. But, as ever, QK, you'll need to have the final word, so I'll let you respond and then we'll draw a line under it.

Cookie,

We may not always agree, but I do respect your views and opinions. You also seem to be one of the more balanced and reasoned posters on here, so I'd like to ask your advice on this point: when the PMs become abusive and insulting, in spite of my remaining calm and polite,what would you do? I'm happy to take your advice on this for the reasons stated above. Persistent spite and aggression isn't nice to be on the receiving end of, but my shoulders are broad and I can take it. It does concern me when someone seems to be getting obsessive though.

Like I said, I'll take your guidance on this. TIA.

 
Re: 4 points
talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
09 January, 2018 11:15
Quote:
Bolly-Quin
If we won the league but shipped 35 pts per game, would you still be mad? If we let in 30pts every game, then “appalling” would be closer to the mark.
I think we’re arguing semantics here, it is bad, agreed. But it is sometimes good. Inconsistent, certainly.

Definitely a question of semantics.

I don't think anyone can say that conceding 27 points per game (on average) is good, so whether it is 'bad' or 'appalling' isn't really the point.

What it is, is clearly not good enough for where our board allegedly want us to be.

 
Re: 4 points
Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
09 January, 2018 12:05
Agreed, Talkshow.

 
Re: 4 points
Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
09 January, 2018 12:24
Quote:
RodneyRegis
Quote:
Bolly-Quin
If we won the league but shipped 35 pts per game, would you still be mad? If we let in 30pts every game, then “appalling” would be closer to the mark.
I think we’re arguing semantics here, it is bad, agreed. But it is sometimes good. Inconsistent, certainly.

For heaven's sake, you're getting as bad as quinky. You've made up your own arbitrary definition of appalling and even though that still describes our defence, you're clinging on to a couple of occasions we haven't leaked points to argue that is really just inconsistent. If we won the league and shipped 100 points a game we'd be happy, but what does that have to do with anything?

HAHA, I BET YOU'D BE HAPPY IF WE LOST EVERY GAME BUT WON THE LEAGUE!!!

You’re frothing at the mouth now, Rodney. I haven’t made up anything - perhaps this is another of your “jokes”...

 
Re: 4 points
RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
09 January, 2018 12:26
Quote:
Bolly-Quin
Quote:
RodneyRegis
Quote:
Bolly-Quin
If we won the league but shipped 35 pts per game, would you still be mad? If we let in 30pts every game, then “appalling” would be closer to the mark.
I think we’re arguing semantics here, it is bad, agreed. But it is sometimes good. Inconsistent, certainly.

For heaven's sake, you're getting as bad as quinky. You've made up your own arbitrary definition of appalling and even though that still describes our defence, you're clinging on to a couple of occasions we haven't leaked points to argue that is really just inconsistent. If we won the league and shipped 100 points a game we'd be happy, but what does that have to do with anything?

HAHA, I BET YOU'D BE HAPPY IF WE LOST EVERY GAME BUT WON THE LEAGUE!!!

You’re frothing at the mouth now, Rodney. I haven’t made up anything - perhaps this is another of your “jokes”...

Rsoyr.

 
Re: 4 points
Cookie (IP Logged)
09 January, 2018 16:25
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
Cookie

I think you know full well how these things work. But, as ever, QK, you'll need to have the final word, so I'll let you respond and then we'll draw a line under it.

Cookie,

We may not always agree, but I do respect your views and opinions. You also seem to be one of the more balanced and reasoned posters on here, so I'd like to ask your advice on this point: when the PMs become abusive and insulting, in spite of my remaining calm and polite,what would you do? I'm happy to take your advice on this for the reasons stated above. Persistent spite and aggression isn't nice to be on the receiving end of, but my shoulders are broad and I can take it. It does concern me when someone seems to be getting obsessive though.

Like I said, I'll take your guidance on this. TIA.

'Always'! I'm not sure we've ever agreed (Sm74)

I did have this once with a tiresome troll. At first I engaged with him/her privately, but realised quickly it was pointless. I then simply stopped replying or even reading them and mentioned it to DOK. He/she soon got bored and stopped.

I didn't think it had been that bad, but if it has, I would follow my path and if it continues there is the option to report them to the Rugbynetwork people. Don't give them the moral high ground by repeating their comments. At the most highlight that you are getting abusive PMs and who from so that we can all be aware to avoid them!

 
Re: 4 points
Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
09 January, 2018 16:27
Quote:
Cookie
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
Cookie

I think you know full well how these things work. But, as ever, QK, you'll need to have the final word, so I'll let you respond and then we'll draw a line under it.

Cookie,

We may not always agree, but I do respect your views and opinions. You also seem to be one of the more balanced and reasoned posters on here, so I'd like to ask your advice on this point: when the PMs become abusive and insulting, in spite of my remaining calm and polite,what would you do? I'm happy to take your advice on this for the reasons stated above. Persistent spite and aggression isn't nice to be on the receiving end of, but my shoulders are broad and I can take it. It does concern me when someone seems to be getting obsessive though.

Like I said, I'll take your guidance on this. TIA.

'Always'! I'm not sure we've ever agreed (Sm74)

I did have this once with a tiresome troll. At first I engaged with him/her privately, but realised quickly it was pointless. I then simply stopped replying or even reading them and mentioned it to DOK. He/she soon got bored and stopped.

I didn't think it had been that bad, but if it has, I would follow my path and if it continues there is the option to report them to the Rugbynetwork people. Don't give them the moral high ground by repeating their comments. At the most highlight that you are getting abusive PMs and who from so that we can all be aware to avoid them!

I'm sure we did agree once smiling smiley

Thanks for your wise counsel, I'll do that.

Please just reply with "OK", or something like that - I'd like you to have the last word!

 
Re: 4 points
talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
09 January, 2018 16:37
Quote:
Cookie
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
Cookie

I think you know full well how these things work. But, as ever, QK, you'll need to have the final word, so I'll let you respond and then we'll draw a line under it.

Cookie,

We may not always agree, but I do respect your views and opinions. You also seem to be one of the more balanced and reasoned posters on here, so I'd like to ask your advice on this point: when the PMs become abusive and insulting, in spite of my remaining calm and polite,what would you do? I'm happy to take your advice on this for the reasons stated above. Persistent spite and aggression isn't nice to be on the receiving end of, but my shoulders are broad and I can take it. It does concern me when someone seems to be getting obsessive though.

Like I said, I'll take your guidance on this. TIA.

'Always'! I'm not sure we've ever agreed (Sm74)

I did have this once with a tiresome troll. At first I engaged with him/her privately, but realised quickly it was pointless. I then simply stopped replying or even reading them and mentioned it to DOK. He/she soon got bored and stopped.

I didn't think it had been that bad, but if it has, I would follow my path and if it continues there is the option to report them to the Rugbynetwork people. Don't give them the moral high ground by repeating their comments. At the most highlight that you are getting abusive PMs and who from so that we can all be aware to avoid them!

Yup I'm with Cookie on this one.

Always best to report it if you think you're being abused.

 
Re: 4 points
Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
09 January, 2018 16:55
Quote:
talkshowhost86
Quote:
Cookie
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
Cookie

I think you know full well how these things work. But, as ever, QK, you'll need to have the final word, so I'll let you respond and then we'll draw a line under it.

Cookie,

We may not always agree, but I do respect your views and opinions. You also seem to be one of the more balanced and reasoned posters on here, so I'd like to ask your advice on this point: when the PMs become abusive and insulting, in spite of my remaining calm and polite,what would you do? I'm happy to take your advice on this for the reasons stated above. Persistent spite and aggression isn't nice to be on the receiving end of, but my shoulders are broad and I can take it. It does concern me when someone seems to be getting obsessive though.

Like I said, I'll take your guidance on this. TIA.

'Always'! I'm not sure we've ever agreed (Sm74)

I did have this once with a tiresome troll. At first I engaged with him/her privately, but realised quickly it was pointless. I then simply stopped replying or even reading them and mentioned it to DOK. He/she soon got bored and stopped.

I didn't think it had been that bad, but if it has, I would follow my path and if it continues there is the option to report them to the Rugbynetwork people. Don't give them the moral high ground by repeating their comments. At the most highlight that you are getting abusive PMs and who from so that we can all be aware to avoid them!

Yup I'm with Cookie on this one.

Always best to report it if you think you're being abused.

Cookie is clearly a level-headed and sensible poster. It's a shame that some people can't act in the same courteous manner, and feel the need to resort to abusive and insulting personal messages. But hey, that's life.

 
Re: 4 points
Cookie (IP Logged)
09 January, 2018 17:01
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
talkshowhost86
Quote:
Cookie
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
Cookie

I think you know full well how these things work. But, as ever, QK, you'll need to have the final word, so I'll let you respond and then we'll draw a line under it.

Cookie,

We may not always agree, but I do respect your views and opinions. You also seem to be one of the more balanced and reasoned posters on here, so I'd like to ask your advice on this point: when the PMs become abusive and insulting, in spite of my remaining calm and polite,what would you do? I'm happy to take your advice on this for the reasons stated above. Persistent spite and aggression isn't nice to be on the receiving end of, but my shoulders are broad and I can take it. It does concern me when someone seems to be getting obsessive though.

Like I said, I'll take your guidance on this. TIA.

'Always'! I'm not sure we've ever agreed (Sm74)

I did have this once with a tiresome troll. At first I engaged with him/her privately, but realised quickly it was pointless. I then simply stopped replying or even reading them and mentioned it to DOK. He/she soon got bored and stopped.

I didn't think it had been that bad, but if it has, I would follow my path and if it continues there is the option to report them to the Rugbynetwork people. Don't give them the moral high ground by repeating their comments. At the most highlight that you are getting abusive PMs and who from so that we can all be aware to avoid them!

Yup I'm with Cookie on this one.

Always best to report it if you think you're being abused.

Cookie is clearly a level-headed and sensible poster. It's a shame that some people can't act in the same courteous manner, and feel the need to resort to abusive and insulting personal messages. But hey, that's life.

We all have our moments, but on this we can all agree that it's totally unwelcome here.

Apologies for that last emoji - I thought it was just a smiley, not a flamethrower!!

 
Re: 4 points
RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
09 January, 2018 18:40
Quote:
Cookie
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
talkshowhost86
Quote:
Cookie
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
Cookie

I think you know full well how these things work. But, as ever, QK, you'll need to have the final word, so I'll let you respond and then we'll draw a line under it.

Cookie,

We may not always agree, but I do respect your views and opinions. You also seem to be one of the more balanced and reasoned posters on here, so I'd like to ask your advice on this point: when the PMs become abusive and insulting, in spite of my remaining calm and polite,what would you do? I'm happy to take your advice on this for the reasons stated above. Persistent spite and aggression isn't nice to be on the receiving end of, but my shoulders are broad and I can take it. It does concern me when someone seems to be getting obsessive though.

Like I said, I'll take your guidance on this. TIA.

'Always'! I'm not sure we've ever agreed (Sm74)

I did have this once with a tiresome troll. At first I engaged with him/her privately, but realised quickly it was pointless. I then simply stopped replying or even reading them and mentioned it to DOK. He/she soon got bored and stopped.

I didn't think it had been that bad, but if it has, I would follow my path and if it continues there is the option to report them to the Rugbynetwork people. Don't give them the moral high ground by repeating their comments. At the most highlight that you are getting abusive PMs and who from so that we can all be aware to avoid them!

Yup I'm with Cookie on this one.

Always best to report it if you think you're being abused.

Cookie is clearly a level-headed and sensible poster. It's a shame that some people can't act in the same courteous manner, and feel the need to resort to abusive and insulting personal messages. But hey, that's life.

We all have our moments, but on this we can all agree that it's totally unwelcome here.

Apologies for that last emoji - I thought it was just a smiley, not a flamethrower!!

Taking a forum disagreement to PM's is pretty pathetic if you ask me.

 
Re: 4 points
talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
09 January, 2018 18:48
Better than anyone else having to read it RR.

Well that was the theory anyway yawning smiley)

 
Re: 4 points
RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
09 January, 2018 18:53
Not talking about yours. I'm talking about people who post abuse on pm when they've had a disagreement on the forum. We're all quins supporters.

 
Re: 4 points
talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
09 January, 2018 19:15
Quote:
RodneyRegis
Not talking about yours. I'm talking about people who post abuse on pm when they've had a disagreement on the forum. We're all quins supporters.

I'm fully prepared to admit I've had a go at QK by PM to be fair.

I'd said to him I wouldn't respond on the board because our constant spats must have been boring for everyone else.

He took that opportunity to troll knowing I wouldn't respond on the board...which I didn't. But didn't want to let it go because trolls annoy me.

Would have all been okay if QK hadn't then posted the private (apparently abusive) message in here thus boring everyone else with it further.

Happy for QK to send the whole thing to DOK if he thinks it we abusive. Personally feel it was well deserved as he was deliberately trying to wind me up but that's the last I'll say on it.

Genuinely sorry if others are annoyed by it all. I tried to keep it out of here so sorry.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net
 
 

Who is online?

Total users online:  

Most users online:  

Users on this site:  

Where are they?