rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

O/T Xmas visit to Surrey Sports Park
never sleep (IP Logged)
09 January, 2018 19:58
Did anyone else that went to this just receive a parking fine?

Re: O/T Xmas visit to Surrey Sports Park
Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
09 January, 2018 20:02
Oh lordy, that made me laugh!

Months KYT (IP Logged)
09 January, 2018 20:03
Donít pay it it has no legal standing

QuickerQuin (IP Logged)
10 January, 2018 06:51
Quote:
Months KYT
Donít pay it it has no legal standing

Be careful.

If it was a 'fine' then it probably does have legal standing.

Was it a PCN (penalty charge notice)?

However, Beavis changed almost everything. Link:-

[www.parkingcowboys.co.uk]

Months KYT (IP Logged)
10 January, 2018 07:26
Looking at this further it is far too quick to receive a ďprivate land ď ticket . They take weeks to get owners details from DVLA so more than likely as you say itís a PCN which you should probably adhere to

akb1 (IP Logged)
10 January, 2018 07:36
aren't the private ones also known as a PCN - Parking Charge Notice?

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
10 January, 2018 07:46
Quote:
Months KYT
Looking at this further it is far too quick to receive a ďprivate land ď ticket . They take weeks to get owners details from DVLA so more than likely as you say itís a PCN which you should probably adhere to

Wow! I believe that's known as a "complete 180"?

never sleep (IP Logged)
10 January, 2018 08:33
It is a Parking Charge Notice from Horizon Parking.
The difficulty is that it is a company car and the company frowns on non payment of these things as there is usually a solicitors letter next which then goes to our legal department, etc. The internal cost of dealing with it is more than the £40 charge :-(

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
10 January, 2018 08:45
Quote:
never sleep
It is a Parking Charge Notice from Horizon Parking.
The difficulty is that it is a company car and the company frowns on non payment of these things as there is usually a solicitors letter next which then goes to our legal department, etc. The internal cost of dealing with it is more than the £40 charge :-(

I believe the correct practice would be for the company to advise the issuer of the person who was responsible for the vehicle at that time? The issuer should then deal directly with you. That's the way it works with speeding fines, in any case.

It may be worth a quick scan of the BPA Code of Practice to ensure that the issuer has complied; failure to do so may give you a little wiggle room. I've had tickets cancelled in the past because of this.

Good luck!

QuickerQuin (IP Logged)
10 January, 2018 08:48
Quote:
never sleep

What happened?

Were you parked somewhere you shouldn't have been?

never sleep (IP Logged)
10 January, 2018 09:03
Quote:
QuickerQuin
Quote:
never sleep

What happened?

Were you parked somewhere you shouldn't have been?

This is the annoying part - I just arrived for the tour and parked in the car park as normal. I didn't notice any signs. The car park was pretty big and fairly empty. I also saw other Quinnsa members arriving and I didn't see anyone else paying for parking or anything.
So, I'm assuming that we all probably received fines. I will probably just get over it and pay it and mark it down to experience.
I will set a reminder for next year's tour and ask Quinssa to make a mention of it in their email so that no-one else gets caught out.

It's a shame as it gives a really nice family day out a slightly sour ending

Safri-quin (IP Logged)
10 January, 2018 09:56
Hi there, Warren from Quinssa here.

I too recieved a PCN. It looks like you get 3 hrs free & then its chargeable. I didn't see much signage at all that jumped out at me. Doubt that's a valid defence though.

I'm liaising with Emma, it might be that we can appeal enmasse, explaining why we were there and the time was part of a tour with Quins...

Probably come to nothing, but watch out an update here or via email.

W

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
10 January, 2018 10:53
This website might be worth exploring..

[www.pepipoo.com]

If at first you don't succeed, Try, Try and Try again.

Safri-quin (IP Logged)
10 January, 2018 18:10
Quote:
never sleep

hopefully you have received an email from Emma about this. If not drop her a line as hoping we can get them cancelled

FBQuin (IP Logged)
10 January, 2018 19:26
2 weeks on and I've not received anything. My saving grace might be that we got stuck in traffic on M25 and arrived nearly 1 hour later than others. I really hope it gets sorted for everyone. Something you could do without after Christmas. What about the message "peace and goodwill to all men?"

never sleep (IP Logged)
10 January, 2018 20:22
Quote:
Safri-quin
Quote:
never sleep

hopefully you have received an email from Emma about this. If not drop her a line as hoping we can get them cancelled

No email yet, I will drop her an email.
@fbq that was my thinking too

MrOther (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 20:44
Quote:
never sleep
Quote:
Safri-quin
Quote:
never sleep

No email yet, I will drop her an email.
@fbq that was my thinking too

Good point Safri-quin.

And, by the way, I notice that this fascinating thread about PCN's has been dormant for 47 hours, which means it is in need of a PPP (pun protection post) for otherwise it will soon become infested with nonsense.

:-)

DOK (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 07:29
Yes indeed - it's all a cunning plan to increase traffic on the board! Either through people keep bumping threads or the pun people getting hold of them and piling in! Either way it's good for the stats!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net