"we're gonna get mullered"
Scaramouche (IP Logged)
10 January, 2018 11:07
[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Rodders you p-lonker!

Re: "we're gonna get mullered"
Bedfordshire Boy (IP Logged)
10 January, 2018 13:26
Form book says a win for Wasps but it is not easy for them going into a "must win" game. If we could get a couple of early scores ....... sorry, daydreaming there.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
10 January, 2018 13:41
I expect us two get a couple of good hidings this week and next. Nothing to play for.

Heathen (IP Logged)
10 January, 2018 14:07
Wasps will be without Mullan, Taylor, Symons, Hughes, Eastmond, Daly, Lovabalaou, Bassett, Gopperth, De Jong and Rieder.

Likely squad will be McIntyre, Cruse, Cooper-Wooley, Launchbury, Mayall, Haskell, Young, Carr, Robson, Cipriani, watson, Armitage, Macken, Wade, Le Roux. Bench : Johnson, Harris, Moore,Gaskell or Rowlands, Thompson, Simpson, Miller, A N Other.

I fancy that it will be a close game.

New Forest Quin (IP Logged)
10 January, 2018 14:38
I wonder how many people are going to turn up on a cold Saturday night for a non event for Quins.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
10 January, 2018 14:44
Quote:
Heathen
Wasps will be without Mullan, Taylor, Symons, Hughes, Eastmond, Daly, Lovabalaou, Bassett, Gopperth, De Jong and Rieder.
Likely squad will be McIntyre, Cruse, Cooper-Wooley, Launchbury, Mayall, Haskell, Young, Carr, Robson, Cipriani, watson, Armitage, Macken, Wade, Le Roux. Bench : Johnson, Harris, Moore,Gaskell or Rowlands, Thompson, Simpson, Miller, A N Other.

I fancy that it will be a close game.

I hope I am wrong, but the problem is Quins will probably turn up and not give a monkies!! **

**Cue TBP win!!

DOK (IP Logged)
10 January, 2018 14:50
Quote:
New Forest Quin
I wonder how many people are going to turn up on a cold Saturday night for a non event for Quins.

I'll be there. On the half time sit rep post I just posted the rugbyvision prediction is we have a 40/60 chance of winning and that Wasps will do it by 2 points. I think we might manage a turnover here, especially if Wasps come expecting an easy game. Be good for the team, good for morale.

COYQ!

talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
10 January, 2018 14:56
Very hard to predict as I've got no idea how seriously we'll take the game both in terms of initial selection and in terms of commitment once on the pitch.

Even if the players aren't deliberately slacking, it must be hard to get yourself up for a game you know has no impact on your season.

I wonder if we'd be better off giving some of the 'fringe' players a go and telling them it's their chance to put their hand up for first team selection. Might generate a bit more hunger than simply picking the standard team.

DOK (IP Logged)
10 January, 2018 14:59
I'd say we should treat as an exercise for the first team in how to all work together on defence from minute 1 to minute 81+. This time it won't matter so much if you miss a few!

New Forest Quin (IP Logged)
10 January, 2018 17:04
Quote:
talkshowhost86
Very hard to predict as I've got no idea how seriously we'll take the game both in terms of initial selection and in terms of commitment once on the pitch.
Even if the players aren't deliberately slacking, it must be hard to get yourself up for a game you know has no impact on your season.

I wonder if we'd be better off giving some of the 'fringe' players a go and telling them it's their chance to put their hand up for first team selection. Might generate a bit more hunger than simply picking the standard team.

We are limited to the players who we have registered for this competition before it started and so unfortunately the chance of an Anglo Welsh type team, which could have been an option, is not going to happen.

FBQuin (IP Logged)
10 January, 2018 19:35
I must admit I'm like a few others who I know have to travel a long way to watch Quins who will not be going as there's nothing in the game for Quins. I'm trying to tempt my 17yr old to stay and watch my home club play local rivals in a local match in our town on Saturday at 2pm. TBH I'm finding it all a struggle to find somewhere to park(due to Richmond college being shut) which doesn't cost a fortune. Certainly will not pay a tenner to RFU to park on grass.
Is it on TV? That might swing it for me!

Bedfordshire Boy (IP Logged)
10 January, 2018 22:40
Sky Sports

blucherquin (IP Logged)
11 January, 2018 07:37
I sincerely hope we rest as many players as possible given the restrictions and get no injuries.

Iíll be very happy with a thumping.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
11 January, 2018 10:22
Quote:
DOK
Quote:
New Forest Quin

I'll be there. On the half time sit rep post I just posted the rugbyvision prediction is we have a 40/60 chance of winning and that Wasps will do it by 2 points. I think we might manage a turnover here, especially if Wasps come expecting an easy game. Be good for the team, good for morale.

COYQ!

Whilst I agree that there is nothing material to play for, I disagree with those who say this will have no impact on the season. As you point out, this could be good for morale - a bit of momentum over the next weeks could be a great boost for the squad. Plus, it will give us a chance to maybe try out different combinations, moves etc.

Monte (IP Logged)
11 January, 2018 12:05
Yes also huge number of Wasps supporters as like a home game for the long term supporters. I canít go and we sold our tickets very easily through Quins ticket system so they will be right in the centre of things.

T-Bone (IP Logged)
11 January, 2018 12:44
Could we technically be fined if we put out a severely weakened team? I know that injuries and certain players not being registered will mean we're limited to the number of players we can rest anyway.

11 January, 2018 13:01
We were able to register 41 players so assuming we fulfilled that quota that still gives us pretty wide scope to rest quite a few players.

We can also replace 3 during the group stages, so I'm assuming the likes of Kitto and Prior are registered (or at least one of them).

So I'd certainly be looking at resting at least Care, Smith, the Robshaws, Brown, Walker, and Visser and then probably any of the front row who we consider to be first choice (so give Elia, Swainston and Boyce some minutes).

We don't have a lot of scope to rest any of our locks, but I'd go with whoever is fit and registered of our younger players + Matthews.

Bothma should also be kept in cotton wool following his recent injury issues, and I'm not sure what sort of state Roberts is in at the moment.

So I'd go with something like (assuming all are registered):

1. Boyce
2. Elia
3. Swainston
4. South (is he injured?)
5. Matthews
6. Chisholm (White if registered)
7. Wallace
8. Luamanu (Lamb if registered)
9. Kitto
10.Lang
11.Cheeseman
12.Roberts
13.Stanley
14.Alofa
15.Chisholm

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
11 January, 2018 13:05
Wasps would be happy with that team, I suspect, Talkshow...

Fearless Fred (IP Logged)
11 January, 2018 13:30
By the rules, if we choose to replace 3 players in the nominated squad in the pool stages, at least one of them has to be a Front Row:

Quote:
EPCR Competition Rules
3.5 Each club may register up to three additional players during the pool stage, each to replace a player previously registered. If a club registers three additional players, one such player must be a front row player. Additional players must have a three-month contract with the club and must not have played for another club in the tournament. Additional player registrations must be submitted by 12 noon (GMT) on the Tuesday before the match. De-registered players may be re-registered (in place of the relevant additional players) during the pool stage.

Prior was named in our matchday 23 against Ulster at home back in December, so he's definitely available to us.

11 January, 2018 13:39
Quote:
Bolly-Quin
Wasps would be happy with that team, I suspect, Talkshow...

I'm sure they would. But we need to put our own concerns first.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
11 January, 2018 13:48
I'd rest Luamanu - he seems to have played a lot of minutes, and he doesn't exactly go easy on his body.

Boyce and/or Swainston my not be first choice, but it could be argued that we are bringing them through to compete for first team in the coming seasons. Same (probably more so) with Elia.

Other players must be rested at some point, but we don't exact have a plethora of fit replacements.

T-Bone (IP Logged)
11 January, 2018 14:09
Quote:
talkshowhost86
We were able to register 41 players so assuming we fulfilled that quota that still gives us pretty wide scope to rest quite a few players.
We can also replace 3 during the group stages, so I'm assuming the likes of Kitto and Prior are registered (or at least one of them).

So I'd certainly be looking at resting at least Care, Smith, the Robshaws, Brown, Walker, and Visser and then probably any of the front row who we consider to be first choice (so give Elia, Swainston and Boyce some minutes).

We don't have a lot of scope to rest any of our locks, but I'd go with whoever is fit and registered of our younger players + Matthews.

Bothma should also be kept in cotton wool following his recent injury issues, and I'm not sure what sort of state Roberts is in at the moment.

So I'd go with something like (assuming all are registered):

1. Boyce
2. Elia
3. Swainston
4. South (is he injured?)
5. Matthews
6. Chisholm (White if registered)
7. Wallace
8. Luamanu (Lamb if registered)
9. Kitto
10.Lang
11.Cheeseman
12.Roberts
13.Stanley
14.Alofa
15.Chisholm

Wallace isn't registered. Looks about right otherwise. I think it'll be stronger than that though, especially as it's a home game, however little it may matter. I would fully expect the weakest team we can send to La Rochelle though

11 January, 2018 14:25
Is there a list of who we have and haven't registered?

Only Joe Quin (IP Logged)
11 January, 2018 14:40
I confess that I do not grasp the logic of straining with every sinew of the body to get into the top six of the league so that we can play in the Champions Cup, then not playing our leading players in that competition. We may have nothing to play for in terms of progressing in this year's competition, but our players can only develop the necessary experience if they actually play in it.

11 January, 2018 14:48
Quote:
Only Joe Quin
I confess that I do not grasp the logic of straining with every sinew of the body to get into the top six of the league so that we can play in the Champions Cup, then not playing our leading players in that competition. We may have nothing to play for in terms of progressing in this year's competition, but our players can only develop the necessary experience if they actually play in it.

If the players had this attitude in the first place maybe we wouldn't be in this position.

Even if you don't want to rest players for fitness reasons, there's an argument that the players who have played in Europe so far have been utterly useless, so we may as well give some other players a chance to show they're capable of making the step up.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
11 January, 2018 16:38
Quote:
Only Joe Quin

Yes but the reality is there is no point and itís a great chance to rest with this and the cup. Get as many senior players as possible raring to go for Prem.

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
11 January, 2018 17:56
Quote:
Only Joe Quin

They should be straining every sinew to get get best league position to improve their standards - the cup is secondary. No?

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 09:59
Losing/winning becomes a habit.

Rodders you p-lonker!

12 January, 2018 10:44
Quote:
Scaramouche
Losing/winning becomes a habit.

Quins are very much a living testament disproving that claim.

welsh wasp (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 11:41
Bear in mind that you will have the same challenge next weekend at La Rochelle.
Vociferous crowd. All their players are very large and all, including the front row, have great handling skills. And they prefer to run the ball even from their 22.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 14:05
"we're gonna get mullered, humped and mullered again!".......

Rodders you p-lonker!

blucherquin (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 14:28
Quote:
welsh wasp
Bear in mind that you will have the same challenge next weekend at La Rochelle.
Vociferous crowd. All their players are very large and all, including the front row, have great handling skills. And they prefer to run the ball even from their 22.

We arenít interested in getting any kind of result tomorrow or next weíll thankfully.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net