Current Page: 2 of 2

Re: Abuse of fellow Quins supporters
Scamble (IP Logged)
16 January, 2018 11:18
Quote:
DazzaS
Quote:
Scamble
She runs 'fan' pages for (just from memory) the Chisholms, Kyle Sinckler, Jack Clifford, Tim Visser, Charlie Mulchrone, Charlie Walker, Harry Sloan, Marcus Smith, Jack Clifford and several others.
I think you get the picture...

They did one for George Merrick but he did not appreciate it so they gave him a load of abuse over Twitter. Think there are a couple of other players that find them a bit over the top and in return also got her abuse, think Joe marler and Mike Brown are two of them but I could be wrong

Holy Moly [twitter.com]

Fanski (IP Logged)
16 January, 2018 11:34
"If I ever thought that I had anything in common other than quins with the people who sit around me at the Stoop Iíd top myself - or vote Brexit, read the mail and be suspicious of multiculturalism...."

Go and live in Hounslow then tell us what you think of multi-culturalism -

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
16 January, 2018 14:15
Quote:
Scamble
Quote:
DazzaS
Quote:
Scamble
She runs 'fan' pages for (just from memory) the Chisholms, Kyle Sinckler, Jack Clifford, Tim Visser, Charlie Mulchrone, Charlie Walker, Harry Sloan, Marcus Smith, Jack Clifford and several others.
I think you get the picture...

They did one for George Merrick but he did not appreciate it so they gave him a load of abuse over Twitter. Think there are a couple of other players that find them a bit over the top and in return also got her abuse, think Joe marler and Mike Brown are two of them but I could be wrong

Holy Moly [twitter.com]

Hahahaa

What a nutbag.

I've seen them around the Stoop and at away games now and again, didn't realise the other one was Vixen. Explains a lot.

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
16 January, 2018 14:20
Right then, really last word on all this so bullies listen up. If you don't like mine & @LuciexHeath pages don't look at em. Stop making comments and remarks cos we don't mind and none if you retards matter! You did ya damage now jog on!
Thanks L & L

Cookie (IP Logged)
16 January, 2018 15:32
Quote:
Bolly-Quin
A footy mate of mine always explained the difference between a fan and a supporter thus:-
Fan: a part-time devotee of a team that occasionally might visit the home ground to "support" the team, but watches them mostly on telly. Might buy a shirt.

Supporter: a full-time season ticket holder or person that attends most home games (but not necessarily a STH) and occasional away games. May well spend quite a bit of cash on tickets and clothing.

Then there are the Quins Ultras...

Ultra Quins

If anyone knows this Mr Harlequin chap, could you politely inform him that going to Sports Direct and buying the cheapest, most colourful abomination of a clothing ensemble and waving a flag makes me cringe every time and probably gives the away fans a good laugh.

It is possible to do the job without looking like a tramp.

akb1 (IP Logged)
16 January, 2018 16:05
Harsh!
If he is happy and the club are happy, who cares?

Cookie (IP Logged)
16 January, 2018 16:37
Maybe harsh, but I really don't like him being the 'face' of Quins on TV and at away games and I'm not alone.

akb1 (IP Logged)
16 January, 2018 17:03
Oh well, I don't care that he dresses a bit silly, marches around waving a flag etc. I don't know the gent in person but I like his enthusiasm for the club. Long may he continue.

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
16 January, 2018 17:10
Quote:
Cookie
Maybe harsh, but I really don't like him being the 'face' of Quins on TV and at away games and I'm not alone.

Tim's a jolly good bloke, very colourful and inoffensive. Travels to almost all the games and is a solid, nay absolute Quins supporter. If you don't like the look of him, look a different away...

Is it any different from being the disillusioned or frustrated typeface of CAW?

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
16 January, 2018 17:24
Quote:
Fanski
"If I ever thought that I had anything in common other than quins with the people who sit around me at the Stoop Iíd top myself - or vote Brexit, read the mail and be suspicious of multiculturalism...."

Sir Sick-Fantasia strikes again...

Cookie (IP Logged)
16 January, 2018 17:34
Quote:
Bolly-Quin
Quote:
Cookie

Tim's a jolly good bloke, very colourful and inoffensive. Travels to almost all the games and is a solid, nay absolute Quins supporter. If you don't like the look of him, look a different away...

I'm not casting aspersions on him as a person. Absolutely not. But it wouldn't hurt him to either wear Quins gear or something that resembled our colours rather than that garish shell suit jacket etc.

SiBolton (IP Logged)
16 January, 2018 18:13
Wears Quins gear, just chooses to wear another coat
Good bloke had a good few beers with him and his good lady
Does lots for Quinssa, played for the club, does loads for charities
Welcomes visiting supporters
All in all would say does far more good than harm
Think itís about time this thread that started about on line abuse of people maybe turned into a pun fest

(Sm128)

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
16 January, 2018 19:28
Yeah, point of order. He spends an absolute fortune following quins wherever they go, and is always good value. He's an absolute devotee, and he doubtless knows that his get-up is not the be-all and end-all of sartorial flair. He's just having fun.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/01/2018 19:29 by RodneyRegis.

FBQuin (IP Logged)
16 January, 2018 19:40
Quote:
Cookie
Quote:
Bolly-Quin
A footy mate of mine always explained the difference between a fan and a supporter thus:-
Fan: a part-time devotee of a team that occasionally might visit the home ground to "support" the team, but watches them mostly on telly. Might buy a shirt.

Supporter: a full-time season ticket holder or person that attends most home games (but not necessarily a STH) and occasional away games. May well spend quite a bit of cash on tickets and clothing.

Ultra Quins

If anyone knows this Mr Harlequin chap, could you politely inform him that going to Sports Direct and buying the cheapest, most colourful abomination of a clothing ensemble and waving a flag makes me cringe every time and probably gives the away fans a good laugh.

So Bolly/Cookie where do you class someone like myself and others when trying to describe a Rugby or Quins follower? Much though I would love to follow Quins all around the country, I can't afford that. Both my son & I go to all home games, attend events through QUINSSA, buy Big Game shirts and normally end up with no voices after each home game!
I would also take issue with your description of "Mr Harlequin" Chris.
As others have posted, he follows Quins everywhere, encourages spectators to get behind the team and he is the face of Harlequins. I'm more than happy to endorse him and his incredible colours. He is supportive of everything in Quartered colours. He is extremely passionate about his club and have to say, having met him, I find a lot of that passion rubs off on others- including me. So please don't go sniping at fellow supporters/fans/ spectators.
I thought we contribute on here to show our support for the club and the boys. Sadly you are both beginning to sound like a football fan! Rant over!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/01/2018 20:06 by FBQuin.

Navyquin (IP Logged)
16 January, 2018 21:14
Quote:
RodneyRegis
Right then, really last word on all this so bullies listen up. If you don't like mine & @LuciexHeath pages don't look at em. Stop making comments and remarks cos we don't mind and none if you retards matter! You did ya damage now jog on!
Thanks L & L

What is remarkable is that talking about abuse is being a bully yet calling people retards is not, not a word that should ever be used as a term of abuse or as a criticism of someone. As to the comments about Merrick well that is crazy from any supporter.

mighty_quin (IP Logged)
16 January, 2018 21:38
They're both so far off their rockers that they're in the next street.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
16 January, 2018 21:55
Quote:
Fanski

The double whammy - not only can you not spot a joke (I realise itís not a knock knock joke, so it may be a bit hard for you to understand), youíre also a racist. Lovely.

DazzaS (IP Logged)
16 January, 2018 22:47
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
Fanski

The double whammy - not only can you not spot a joke (I realise itís not a knock knock joke, so it may be a bit hard for you to understand), youíre also a racist. Lovely.

Where has the original quote come from. I don't understand.

Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
17 January, 2018 01:26
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
Fanski

He's one of the last people I thought I'd stand up for on here, but how is he a racist?

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
17 January, 2018 07:50
Quote:
Bolly-Quin
Quote:
Cookie

Who's tim?

Cookie (IP Logged)
17 January, 2018 08:00
Quote:
FBQuin
Quote:
Cookie
Quote:
Bolly-Quin

Ultra Quins

So Bolly/Cookie where do you class someone like myself and others when trying to describe a Rugby or Quins follower? Much though I would love to follow Quins all around the country, I can't afford that. Both my son & I go to all home games, attend events through QUINSSA, buy Big Game shirts and normally end up with no voices after each home game!
I would also take issue with your description of "Mr Harlequin" Chris.
As others have posted, he follows Quins everywhere, encourages spectators to get behind the team and he is the face of Harlequins. I'm more than happy to endorse him and his incredible colours. He is supportive of everything in Quartered colours. He is extremely passionate about his club and have to say, having met him, I find a lot of that passion rubs off on others- including me. So please don't go sniping at fellow supporters/fans/ spectators.
I thought we contribute on here to show our support for the club and the boys. Sadly you are both beginning to sound like a football fan! Rant over!

Not sure how I've been dragged into the supporter/fan debate as I've deliberately stayed out of it.

And, again, I'm not criticising Mr Harlequin as a person or questioning his devotion. That's beyond reproach. I just happen to think his clothing could be more 'Quins' and less 'random colours'. I believe his wife has it pretty well sorted with a tailored waistcoat in more Quinlike colours or something similar.

DOK. (IP Logged)
17 January, 2018 09:17
We're moving from "Abuse of fellow Quins supporters" to what does one particular supporter wear. That said, his apparel is for the general public, not Harlequins supporters, and I doubt very much they are concerned the clothing is not the correct shading. It doesn't worry me, I admire the man.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/01/2018 10:49 by DOK.

Stoquin (IP Logged)
17 January, 2018 11:07
A dedicated follower of fashion... can we start puns now, can we please !! Suits you Sir!

Cookie (IP Logged)
17 January, 2018 11:19
Not sure it's been 48 mins, never mind 48 hours.

Stoquin (IP Logged)
17 January, 2018 11:25
This threads been dead to me for 48 hours!

PS You're wrong about Chris Cookie, he is one of the good guys. Go and chat with him.

Cookie (IP Logged)
17 January, 2018 11:53
Quote:
Stoquin
This threads been dead to me for 48 hours!
PS You're wrong about Chris Cookie, he is one of the good guys. Go and chat with him.

I did have a chat with him in Exeter. Lovely chap.

TW Quin (IP Logged)
17 January, 2018 12:21
Chris is a great ambassador for the club and travels everywhere supporting the team. I seem to remember seeing him with a leg in plaster inDublin a few seasons ago for the Leinster game.

Maybe you are missing the point - Quins are a quirky club our logo being a jester!

Cookie (IP Logged)
17 January, 2018 12:28
Quote:
TW Quin
Chris is a great ambassador for the club and travels everywhere supporting the team. I seem to remember seeing him with a leg in plaster inDublin a few seasons ago for the Leinster game.
Maybe you are missing the point - Quins are a quirky club our logo being a jester!

Yes, fair comment although I say again I don't have any issue with his commitment etc.

Probably shouldn't bother me, but I got reminded of it the other Saturday when I got ribbed about his clobber by a friend sitting near him at Sale. But I'm happy to be in a minority of what looks like one!!

talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
17 January, 2018 13:03
Quote:
Cookie
Quote:
TW Quin

Yes, fair comment although I say again I don't have any issue with his commitment etc.

Probably shouldn't bother me, but I got reminded of it the other Saturday when I got ribbed about his clobber by a friend sitting near him at Sale. But I'm happy to be in a minority of what looks like one!!

Sounds like you need a better quality of friend tongue sticking out smiley

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
17 January, 2018 14:22
so, cookie, were you pro or anti mad max?

If at first you don't succeed, Try, Try and Try again.

Cookie (IP Logged)
17 January, 2018 14:33
Quote:
Scaramouche
so, cookie, were you pro or anti mad max?

Not sure where this is going, but the latest version was shockingly bad. Not sure I saw the original.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
17 January, 2018 14:46
Nice sidestep.

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
18 January, 2018 11:48
Quote:
FBQuin

FBQuin - I wasn't trying to suggest anything - just joining the debate on supporters etc by adding in and describing how a football fan friend of mine describes the difference between "fan" and "supporter", that is to say his views, not mine. You can class yourself however you wish - I call myself a "season ticket holder", if that helps.

As to your last point, I'll tell my friend that you have correctly labelled him as a football fan.

RleQuin (IP Logged)
07 March, 2018 14:29
Does anyone else suffer offline trolling from Siggy89?
RleQ

Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
07 March, 2018 14:31
Yeah, he sends me PMs and tells me my posts are amongst the best on here.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
07 March, 2018 16:16
Quote:
RleQuin
Does anyone else suffer offline trolling from Siggy89?
RleQ

Yeah all the time - I assume heís about 12.

kevin (IP Logged)
07 March, 2018 22:04
[quote blucherquin]Social media started as a way of breaking down barriers and educating and entertaining each other. Now itís where vacuous morons go to shout childish insults at each other.

No one is allowed to have anything other than a polarised view of everything.

Best ignored.[/quote
Oh! The irony!

RleQuin (IP Logged)
07 March, 2018 22:07
Cheers, nice to know itís not just me!
RleQ

kevin (IP Logged)
07 March, 2018 22:25
[quote FBQuin][quote Cookie][quote Bolly-Quin]

Sadly you are both beginning to sound like a football fan! Rant over![/quote]
Oh dear! Such an insulate world in which you live.

Jammy Git (IP Logged)
07 March, 2018 23:45
Probably not worth restarting an argument from back in January.

O Fortuna, velut luna statu variabilis,
semper crescis aut decrescis

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
08 March, 2018 10:11
Can I make a pun yet?

blucherquin (IP Logged)
08 March, 2018 10:12
Quote:
Scaramouche
Can I make a pun yet?

Kevin loves puns. And heís got a great sense of humour.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
08 March, 2018 10:18
Oh Kev's alright, as long as you keep him fed with Tea , no sugar.

QuickerQuin (IP Logged)
08 March, 2018 10:49
Quote:
Scaramouche
Oh Kev's alright, as long as you keep him fed with Tea , no sugar.

He doesn't come round and talk to me.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
08 March, 2018 11:37
Good Lord no, he'd never get past my drawbridge!

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
08 March, 2018 12:42
Quote:
Scaramouche
Good Lord no, he'd never get past my drawbridge!

Boasting again? (Sm100)

berksmenxxx (IP Logged)
13 March, 2018 09:17
"blucherquin
Now itís where vacuous morons go to shout childish insults at each other. "

pot KETTLE BLACK LOL

berksmenxxx (IP Logged)
13 March, 2018 09:17
"blucherquin

pot KETTLE BLACK LOL

blucherquin (IP Logged)
13 March, 2018 09:48
Quote:
berksmenxxx
"blucherquin

pot KETTLE BLACK LOL

I'm flattered that you've used 2 of your 13 posts since creating this identity last Monday to send me replies. You may need to get someone to check your caps lock key though, might be sticking, did you spill anything sticky on your keyboard?

JimJam350 (IP Logged)
13 March, 2018 11:46
He's not wrong though is he?

blucherquin (IP Logged)
13 March, 2018 12:03
Quote:
JimJam350

Youíre a sweetie.

Iím sure DOK will ask you to stop your personal abuse soon.

JimJam350 (IP Logged)
13 March, 2018 12:29
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
JimJam350

Youíre a sweetie.

Absolutely no personal abuse from me as everyone can see.

It seems however you are the one dishing out the personal abuse as has been pointed out above.

Looks like you have been rumbled doesn't it?

blucherquin (IP Logged)
13 March, 2018 13:43
Quote:
JimJam350
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
JimJam350

Youíre a sweetie.

It seems however you are the one dishing out the personal abuse as has been pointed out above.

Not really no. If youíd read the thread youíd realise it was totally unrelated. And the half quote above was about people sending abuse on social media.

And the poster above is a troll who changes his identity every few weeks and decided to revive a thread from January.

So no, I donít feel particularly rumbled. And even if you have ďrumbledĒ me - so what?

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
13 March, 2018 16:32
Quote:
JimJam350
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
JimJam350

Youíre a sweetie.

I'd say Blucher is one of the non-abusive posters. Always found him to be reasoned and honest, without reverting to insults.

JimJam350 (IP Logged)
13 March, 2018 16:49
Except of course in the example highlighted.

As I said, rumbled. And not by me but by the poster he has insulted which is of course a form of abuse.

You really couldn't make it up could you?

DOK. (IP Logged)
13 March, 2018 16:59
This is of no interest to anyone. Thread closed.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

This Thread has been closed
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net