rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Understrength Team
Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 11:19
Just a few thoughts on this. I believe we can be sanctioned for putting out understrength teams. At the same time, I believe we also have to rest players after internationals, and in the interests of the players themselves we should be resting them from time to time. Add to this the need to give other players a chance to shine, or develop.

How does a team like Quins manage thus when, unlike some, we have clear "first XV" players in several positions? Robshaw is the obvious example, as he rarely seems to be off the pitch due (thankfully) to rarely being injured and never losing form.

Re: Understrength Team
blucherquin (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 11:21
For fear of sounding like Kingston it would probably help to have the missing 1/3 of the squad available

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 11:50
That would definitely help! But it does seem like clubs are sometimes in an impossible position.

Quintastic. (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 18:54
Interesting to see if they have a word with leicester then, understrength is an understatemant

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 19:13
A club has its squad. All the players must be deemed good enough for that club if not they would not be there. With that the club should be able to pick whoever they want from their squad.

poorfour (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 19:55
Anyway, if that was under strength, I am looking forward to how we play with a full strength squad.

Adi Nako (IP Logged)
15 January, 2018 00:00
I could have sworn that you mocked me when I asked about weakened team sanctions before the last euro game??

SiBolton (IP Logged)
15 January, 2018 06:58
Looking forward to a full strength performance now

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
15 January, 2018 08:11
Quote:
Adi Nako
I could have sworn that you mocked me when I asked about weakened team sanctions before the last euro game??

Then you'd be wrong.

PickledPelican (IP Logged)
15 January, 2018 23:31
Maybe there's a grading system?

Usually 1st XV
Occasional 1st XV
Never!

Adi Nako (IP Logged)
15 January, 2018 23:47
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
Adi Nako

Then you'd be wrong.

Sorry must have confused you with someone else!

shendy (IP Logged)
16 January, 2018 08:03
If they're registered, what's the problem?
One of the journalists at the BBC tried to stir it up when we (Saints) played in Leinster last season, but nothing came of it. I expect nothing to come of Leicester's team at the weekend either.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
16 January, 2018 09:35
Quote:
Adi Nako
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
Adi Nako

Then you'd be wrong.

Sorry must have confused you with someone else!

No worries! In fact I've often questioned the ability to consistently play what is supposed to be our strongest XV. I can't understand how a team can be accused of playing a weakened team, when players need to be rested from time to time. DoRs just have to decide which games to rotate players in.

talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
16 January, 2018 10:04
I suspect in this day and age the sanctions could only be used if you deliberately set out to lose a game just by picking only academy players, or playing players hilariously out of position (although with Quins it still wouldn't be easy to tell).

It's a squad game these days and part of the skill of managing the side is getting your players through all of the competitions with as much chance of emerging unscathed as possible.

I hope Quins give some of our key players a rest in the next few weeks as the important competition for us is the Premiership. That should be seen as good squad management, not as playing a 'weakened team'.

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
16 January, 2018 16:47
Quote:
talkshowhost86
I hope Quins give some of our key players a rest in the next few weeks as the important competition for us is the Premiership. That should be seen as good squad management, not as playing a 'weakened team'.

Agree with the caveat that our best players (Brown, Care, Robshaw, Roberts, Sinckler, Visser(?)) will be or potentially might be playing for their countries. With Siali, Clifford, Catrakillis, Bothma, Horwill, Marchant, (i.e. internationals) all injured, we only have A team left! (and I'm sure I've left out some injured players; and "Mauler").

Who is left?

Elia Elia	22/01/1996	Hooker		
Joe Gray	05/08/1988	Hooker		
Charlie Piper	18/02/1996	Hooker		
Dave Ward	21/05/1985	Hooker/Flanker	
Mike Mayhew	22/01/1992	Hooker			
Lewis Boyce	30/06/1996	LH Prop		
Cameron Holenstein11/03/1995	LH Prop		
Mark Lambert	19/02/1985	LH Prop		
Adam Jones	08/03/1981	TH prop		
Josh McNulty	24/03/1994	TH prop		
Phil Swainston	12/12/1989	TH prop		

Ben Glynn	27/03/1991	Back Row		
Charlie Matthews23/07/1991	Lock		
George Merrick	04/10/1992	Lock		
Stanley South	24/07/1996	Lock		

James Chisholm	11/08/1995	Back Row	
Luke Wallace	02/10/1990	Back Row	

Dave lewis	29/04/1989	Scrum-half	
Jono kitto	30/03/1992	Scrum-half	
Ian Prior	21/08/1990	Scrum-half	

Marcus Smith			Fly-half						
James Lang	04/04/1995	Centre	
Harry Sloan	16/06/1994	Centre		
Winston Stanley11/02/1989	Centre		

Alofa Alofa	12/03/1991	Wing	
Henry Cheeseman29/09/1995	Wing/Centre				
Charlie Walker	23/12/1992	Wing		

Ross Chisholm	19/10/1990	Fullback	

George Head			LH Prop				
Joshua Ibuanopke		TH Prop				
John Okafor			Lock				
Dino Lamb			Back Row				
Archie White			Back Row				
Niall Saunders			Scrum-half	
Jake Hennessey			Centre				
Max Coyle			Wing							
Gabriel Ibitoye		        Wing/Centre				
Caden Murley			Fullback/Wing

My starting XV in Red, replacements in Blue

Edit:- Seems like we may have Roberts and Visser around.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/01/2018 17:14 by Bolly-Quin.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net