0-14

Re: Quins v Wasps Match Thread
T-Bone (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 18:02
The yellow for boyce was laughable

T-Bone (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 18:07
Nick Easter's stock just keeps rising. For those saying it's a meaningless game - it's close to our first choir team

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
Quote:
T-Bone

How was Johnson running so far ahead of the ball?

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
Quote:
T-Bone
Nick Easter's stock just keeps rising. For those saying it's a meaningless game - it's close to our first choir team

Nothing to sing about.

PeterboroughQuin (IP Logged)
3rd Try for Wasps

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 18:03
Well, I for one am shocked and surprised about how this game is turning out!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/01/2018 18:03 by HonkyTonk.

13 January, 2018 18:04
TRY QUINS LANG

talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 18:10
Yet another appalling start to a game. Why aren't we doing anything to try and rectify these issues?

Perhaps we can put this down to it being a meaningless game but then why bother picking out first team?

13 January, 2018 18:06
Correction: Try scorer R Chrisholm

T-Bone (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 18:12
Mad passage of play then good finish by Ross. Poite has been on the rouge since midday

5-21

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
Quote:
talkshowhost86
Yet another appalling start to a game. Why aren't we doing anything to try and rectify these issues?
Perhaps we can put this down to it being a meaningless game but then why bother picking out first team?

We started well enough. Then conceded a ridiculous yellow card.

13 January, 2018 18:12
TRY QUINS LANG

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 18:13
Scrum penalty Quins, Robson throws the ball away. Yellow? Not even mentioned.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
Now I am even more shocked

Half Time 12-21

13 January, 2018 18:23
Well at least we've started putting the effort in.

I really cannot see how JK can continue to let this defensive shambles go on though. Giving the opposition such a headstart is putting us in impossible positions far too often.

miami mike (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 18:23
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
T-Bone

How was Johnson running so far ahead of the ball?

Baffled by the yellow. Quinell just said it was for tacking the hip/ knee area. Err isnt that where you are meant to tackle. Even a penalty was harsh as Johnson was a decoy runner not involved in the play once the ball passed him. Johnson ? #sbf

T-Bone (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 18:29
Meaningless game but strong team. Shocking yellow matched by even worse defence. Good come back and character shown. Surely Easter gas to step down. Lang playing well, and bothma. Others largely anonymous

13 January, 2018 18:46
Bonus point try for Wasps

12-28

T-Bone (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 18:54
We're over 100 points worse points difference than wasps. That is worrying

kevin (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 18:49
Danny back to chatting at base of rucks a few times. Good to see some good scrums gaining us a few pens. Wasps powerful on the run as our defence leaves a lot to be desired again. Glad Lang having a good game.

13 January, 2018 18:52
Marcus Smith comes on

MrOther (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 18:52
I hate the commentary of Will Greenwood.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 18:56
But another game we are conceding too many points

13 January, 2018 18:56
NO TRY - HELD UP For Quins.

13 January, 2018 19:00
TRY QUINS Care

19-28

kevin (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 19:04
Great comeback!

QuinAlan (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 19:04
Try for Quins. Elia. Bothma off with a serious looking arm injury. 24-28

T-Bone (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 19:10
Bonus point try. Can't fault the character

Come on Quins!

13 January, 2018 19:06
TRY QUINS Elia Elia

26-28

10 Minutes left

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 19:07
Was that Bothmas arm he busted before????

13 January, 2018 19:09
Missed PEN by Wasps

26-28

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
Quote:
HonkyTonk
Was that Bothmas arm he busted before????

Hasn't he broken both in the last year or so?

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 19:12
Not sure. He may have but i thought he had done the same one twice with us already

kevin (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 19:14
Iím not at all convinced that any use of arms is evident! No doubt a red.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 19:16
Quote:
HonkyTonk
Not sure. He may have but i thought he had done the same one twice with us already

You may be right. I thought he said in an interview that it was the other arm. With the way he plays, I'm surprised he doesn't break bones every game.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 19:17
His or others. Hope he is not broken, really getting to like him

kevin (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 19:18
Fantastic sustained pressure with deserved reward!

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 19:19
Quote:
HonkyTonk
His or others. Hope he is not broken, really getting to like him

Yes, great asset to the team.

13 January, 2018 19:25
Brilliant stuff Quins.

Well deserved win based on the second half performance.

Quintastic. (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 19:20
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

13 January, 2018 19:21
QUINS 33-28 Wasps

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 19:22
Well, that really has shocked me. Great comeback and credit for all involved. Still not happy with our defence but that can be for another day. Enjoy it now. Going back to another thread, I still think James Chisholm is a potential England player.

T-Bone (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 19:28
Wow, fantastic effort. Fair play. Shame about Rodney Bothma. Very impressed with that effort to win a game which meant nothing. Still shocking defence but still, very happy.

Rocker (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 19:25
I fear Bothma is broken. What on earth was Haskell doing?! Good win in the end, although the first 20 minutes were poor. Marcus made a difference when he came on, that boy is magic!

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 19:28
Shame for Bothma. May mean White gets a run, but South is back and Clifford is also back soon isn't he???

MrOther (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 19:30
Fantastic!

Even when we were a dozen points down we still looked like we meant it and the defence (although I am no expert of defensive systems) looked a lot better than the scoreline suggested.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 19:30
We may not have the best defence, but the team spirit is screaming out loud.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 19:33
Defence and Consistency. If we could sort these out (easier said than done) we could really get somewhere, we are so frustrating!!!!

13 January, 2018 19:38
Typical that we get another injury to lessen the joy of winning.

Frankly I'm delighted with that win mainly because I know it will gave really upset Haskell.

13 January, 2018 19:41
Quote:
HonkyTonk
Defence and Consistency. If we could sort these out (easier said than done) we could really get somewhere, we are so frustrating!!!!

The consistency would be born out of a better defence.

It's so frustrating that we can't (or won't) sort it out because there is so much else that we can do well.

miami mike (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 19:37
I had forgotten just how clueless the Sky sport rugby team are. Greenwood possibly needed a performance enhancing substance test, by the end claiming that by stopping to check whether he had actually murdered Dr Roberts rather than jogging back towards the play (70 odd metres away by then) Haskells offence was obviously not intentional. If Marler gets 6 weeks that gets 12.
Quinell on the other hand sine die. He should stick to adverts.

SiBolton (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 20:44
Well even though there was nothing to play for thatís more like it
Showed some real pride in the shirt tonight
Anyone know why Cipriani was aloud two kicks after there try

Fearless Fred (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 21:08
Quote:
miami mike
I had forgotten just how clueless the Sky sport rugby team are. Greenwood possibly needed a performance enhancing substance test, by the end claiming that by stopping to check whether he had actually murdered Dr Roberts rather than jogging back towards the play (70 odd metres away by then) Haskells offence was obviously not intentional. If Marler gets 6 weeks that gets 12.

At least from next season we won't have to put up with Sky's coverage any more, c as BT have the sole UK broadcast rights.

miami mike (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 21:37
At least from next season we won't have to put up with Sky's coverage any more, c as BT have the sole UK broadcast rights.[/quote]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/01/2018 21:37 by miami mike.

kevin (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 21:38
Quote:
miami mike
This . Greenwood assessment was abysmal!

Rocker (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 21:45
I really don't expect that sort of thing from Haskell. He's never struck me as a dirty player. It think Boyce's yellow was very harsh. If you are a dummy runner you should expect to be tackled, if Johnson hadn't floundered around like a dying fish I don't think Boyce wood have gone. I had the whole dummy runner thing, if someone is running through the defensive line without the ball you should absolutely be allowed to tackle them.

Dave L (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 22:00
We constantly looked a threat with ball in hand and equally likely to concede without the ball. Regrdless it was just so enjoyable to watch the fight back with some big performances from the youngsters.

Fingers crossed for Brownie and Bothma. Renaldo is really starting to make an impression!

Bedfordshire Boy (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 22:14
Quote:
SiBolton
Well even though there was nothing to play for thatís more like it
Showed some real pride in the shirt tonight
Anyone know why Cipriani was aloud two kicks after there try

He took the first shot quickly as they obviously thought there was some doubt over the try, having done that he should not have been allowed another one (IMO) but the rules obviously state otherwise.

SiBolton (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 22:39
Iím pretty sure once youíve taken kick canít have a second go, but must be somethinb to do with if try aloud
But I& thatís the case how can you take a quick one to stop Tom over ruling try, surely if you take it and miss thatís your lot

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 22:46
Superb grit and determination, well done all. Smith was incredible when he came on, apart from. The silly kick towards the end. Everything else turned to gold. Great to see him bossing senior players around.

Mayor West (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 23:22
Just got in from celebrating our win which was the performance I was hoping for. Nothing to play for but no pressure and a win. Especially enjoyed Elia's try where we ripped them apart down the field. I kind of knew we were going to win after that, you could tell by the way we were playing. Hope Renaldo isn't badly hurt, he's a real asset to the team. I wondered what Boyce's yellow was for as originally thought it was for a no arms tackle but seeing the replay didn't think it was. It was very imediat , no TMO. Knock on I'm informed?? We won despite descisions so all good. Was worried about Scarlets game after seeing them demolish Bath but not so now.

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 00:05
It was weird, a few people have mentioned having a feeling we were going to win even when a long way behind. Felt the same. Long time since I've felt like that watching quins. Turning a corner? Sort out that defence in the first 20 and we can be a match for anyone.

Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 00:10
I'm sure the warm fuzzy feeling will have disappeared by the time we've played La Rochelle next week.

Mayor West (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 09:09
Hask has made an apology to Jamie, Wasps and everybody else. Said he got his height wrong and accepts his red and whatever else he gets which was honest and good of him. I've never thought he was a dirty player. Spoke to some localish Wasps supporters in the pub and they were all saying we deserved the win as they were all over the place after their replacements came on and we looked like we wanted to win it more. They don't go to Coventry as its too far so only see them when at the Stoop or Big Stoop so still waiting for a good win.

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 10:00
Quote:
Quinten Poulsen
I'm sure the warm fuzzy feeling will have disappeared by the time we've played La Rochelle next week.

As long as it comes back next time we play theses guys.

DOK (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 15:52
Report on Haskell's Apology. Good for him. Nicely done.

The original offence here

Actually, the thing to admire in that is Tim Visser's clear out at the other end!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/01/2018 16:13 by DOK.

kevin (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 18:18
Quote:
Rocker
I really don't expect that sort of thing from Haskell. He's never struck me as a dirty player. It think Boyce's yellow was very harsh. If you are a dummy runner you should expect to be tackled, if Johnson hadn't floundered around like a dying fish I don't think Boyce wood have gone. I had the whole dummy runner thing, if someone is running through the defensive line without the ball you should absolutely be allowed to tackle them.
American football?

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 22:36
The more I look at that the worse it gets - the Doc also smashes his head on the ground after he's felled by Haskell. He'll be on the naughty step with Marler for sure.

Rocker (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 22:59
Quote:
kevin
Quote:
Rocker
American football?

Not at all, dummy runners are a curse on the game along with many of the modern "inventions"

Bedfordshire Boy (IP Logged)
15 January, 2018 10:00
Quote:
Rocker
Quote:
kevin
Quote:
Rocker
American football?

Not at all, dummy runners are a curse on the game along with many of the modern "inventions"

Agreed

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
15 January, 2018 12:54
Quote:
Bedfordshire Boy
Quote:
Rocker
Quote:
kevin
Quote:
Rocker
American football?

Agreed

I'm not sure how you can be a dummy runner so far away from play though. Surely, once you are some way ahead of the ball, you should stop running?

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net