rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Supporting Quins
Kent Fan (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 19:52
Donít you just love being aQuins fan on days like this. Last minute wins are just great and we seem to be majoring them this season.

Iíve moaned about inconsistency and lack of effort, skill, desire etc but our young guys pulled it out in the last minute yet again.

From Nevs drop goal against Stade to Ben Gollings try in the Parker pen cup final at the Madstad in about 91 there have been a few great victories that life your spirits.

Re: Supporting Quins
HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 19:56
Camacho vs Stade as well

Grumpy Bloke (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 20:42
The best bit was watching the young players emerging so strongly. I though James Chisholm, Lang and Smith were outstanding today. Played with real heart, believed in themselves and never gave up. Really worth turning out in the cold for that game !!

Robertquin (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 23:05
I just wish we didn't give everyone we play a 14 point head start.

Cairns Family (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 23:29
Quote:
Robertquin
I just wish we didn't give everyone we play a 14 point head start.

Ah. The Harlequins free gift scheme strikes again! Serouisly it was a cracking game and to be honest once we were back in it with 10-15 to go I really thought we were not going to lose despite we were down. Wasps just slipped away and we were rampant. DC orchestred everything and to watch Baby Chris dive over at the end was sublime. Talk about raising the roof.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 23:33

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/01/2018 07:12 by blucherquin.

RleQuin (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 00:16
Brilliant but so annoying it ultimately counts for nothing!!
Come on Quins - get a grip - let's have a winning run to the end of the season
RleQ

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 08:09
Quote:
RleQuin
RleQ

It will be great for morale, confidence and belief. You can't put a value on those things.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 13:59
Some people just don't know how to enjoy the moment....

Rodders you p-lonker!

DOK (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 14:49
Quote:
RleQuin
RleQ

I know what you mean, but in terms of team morale it counts for a lot. When Wasps face us next in the league, it certainly counts for something. When other teams face us, they'll know we can do this giant killers act.

Mayor West (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 16:20
Don't forget the win at Saracens in overtime. There's something about games like this that leaves you feeling elated for much longer than a runaway five point win.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 16:24
The Northampton away game, when we were down to 13 men at one point. So many that end up coming to mind

Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 16:28
Bath at home, Friday night, season after bloodgate. Easter try well after time was up.

RleQuin (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 22:53
Quote:
DOK
Quote:
RleQuin
RleQ

I know what you mean, but in terms of team morale it counts for a lot. When Wasps face us next in the league, it certainly counts for something. When other teams face us, they'll know we can do this giant killers act.

I really hope you and QK are correct!

Oh and Scaramouche, I certainly enjoyed it but the frustration at losing the previous four pool matches weighs heavily!!

RleQ

15 January, 2018 09:26
Didn't go (taking the Missus to the Airport)....... and frankly not all that bothered that I missed a classic, game for us essentially meaningless sadly......does it make me a poor fan? possibly?.....Am I irritated we can't win when it matters? YES! Would I have been there if it mattered? HELL YES! ......But can we get a proper defence Coach please!!!!!?????

Months KYT (IP Logged)
15 January, 2018 09:48
Quote:
Harleys Evil Step Mum
Didn't go (taking the Missus to the Airport)....... and frankly not all that bothered that I missed a classic, game for us essentially meaningless sadly......does it make me a poor fan? possibly?.....Am I irritated we can't win when it matters? YES! Would I have been there if it mattered? HELL YES! ......But can we get a proper defence Coach please!!!!!?????
100% support your views on this . Yes it was a good win but we keep shipping countless points . When I coached kids I didnít care how many points they scored , was more congratulatory if they kept a clean sheet .

blucherquin (IP Logged)
15 January, 2018 09:49
Quote:
Harleys Evil Step Mum

ďNot at all botheredĒ

Sure. But itís ok. It was only one of the great nights at the Stoop.

Bedfordshire Boy (IP Logged)
15 January, 2018 09:58
Not trying to excuse our defence this season but two trys scored when we had 14 men on the field, third try was a one on one missed tackle and the fourth a typical catch and drive, very difficult to defend against.

quin_jon (IP Logged)
15 January, 2018 09:58
Quote:
Months KYT
Quote:
Harleys Evil Step Mum
100% support your views on this . Yes it was a good win but we keep shipping countless points . When I coached kids I didnít care how many points they scored , was more congratulatory if they kept a clean sheet .

You are Tony Pulis and I claim my £5.

When I was a kid our coaches didn't care how many points we conceded as long as we scored more than the oppo

15 January, 2018 10:49
Perhaps I should embrace the games more as individual entertainment events? Not get too emotionally involved in the failures or successes of one team, just enjoy each game as a Rugby spectacle.....YEAH RIGHT!!!!!!

akb1 (IP Logged)
15 January, 2018 10:52
Quote:
Quinten Poulsen
Bath at home, Friday night, season after bloodgate. Easter try well after time was up.
Yeah remember this, a couple of opportunities to go ahead missed as Rory Clegg dropped the ball.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
15 January, 2018 12:43
But we knocked Wasps out of Europe! What more do you want?

Rodders you p-lonker!

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
15 January, 2018 13:00
Quote:
quin_jon
Quote:
Months KYT
Quote:
Harleys Evil Step Mum

You are Tony Pulis and I claim my £5.

When I was a kid our coaches didn't care how many points we conceded as long as we scored more than the oppo

That's been the approach of every team I've ever played in quin_jon. In a nutshell, that's how games are won. But I'm sure our friend KYT would be happy with a few 0-0 draws and 3-0 wins...

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
15 January, 2018 13:04
Id take a few 3-0s if it got us top 4

never sleep (IP Logged)
15 January, 2018 13:08
Quote:
Scaramouche
But we knocked Wasps out of Europe! What more do you want?

Is this revenge for when they knocked us out of the competition a few years ago when we scored approx a million tries against Castres and they somehow managed to draw their game - which was the only unlikely, possible combination of scores that would knock us out :-)

Mayor West (IP Logged)
15 January, 2018 17:49
I'm pretty sure there wouldn't be many people watching Quins if we were winning games 3-0 even if we were top four. I would rather watch a game like Saturday's . In some ways it's the unpredictability that keeps me interested. I don't think there would be the same euphoria or adrenalin if you knew you would win every game.

talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
15 January, 2018 18:30
Quote:
quin_jon
Quote:
Months KYT
Quote:
Harleys Evil Step Mum
100% support your views on this . Yes it was a good win but we keep shipping countless points . When I coached kids I didnÔŅĹt care how many points they scored , was more congratulatory if they kept a clean sheet .

You are Tony Pulis and I claim my ÔŅĹ5.

Isn't the point here that if we only focus on attack, we'll have far too many occasions where we don't score more than the opposition.

I don't think anyone is saying that we should line 15 players up on the 5m line and park the bus.

But we can improve our defence without stopping our attack being effective. It's daftly simplistic to say otherwise.

If we concede 4 tries in every game we'll lose more than we win.

So yes it's great to watch us win these barnstormers. But if we want any semblance of success then we do need to a) do it in games that matter and b) learn to defend.

Kent Fan (IP Logged)
15 January, 2018 19:10
The balance between defence in attack is knowing when to attack and the majority of the team switched on and reacting when the situation developes.

Up to recently Wasps have switched onto attack as a team and getting into alignment quickly supporting the flair players Ciprani and Leroux with the wingers in the line.

Defence must be the default game plan to force the opposition to try the miracle play.

I remember Alex Sanderson saying pre a Quins v Sarries game at Wembley that ďwe just wait till Quins get frustrated, attack and mess it upĒ.

A damning indictment of our style. Saturdays game showed the value of young fearless players coming on against a nervous team whose game plan had crumbled a bit under pressure.

Iíve always loved our spirit in this type of situation and we now have a couple of tyro 10s on the field who seemed to frighten pests.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
15 January, 2018 21:10
Quote:
Mayor West
I'm pretty sure there wouldn't be many people watching Quins if we were winning games 3-0 even if we were top four. I would rather watch a game like Saturday's . In some ways it's the unpredictability that keeps me interested. I don't think there would be the same euphoria or adrenalin if you knew you would win every game.

A few seasons back Sarries were roundly criticised for their boring, but successful, playing style. The caterpillar was one of their favoured tactics...

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
16 January, 2018 16:08
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
Mayor West

A few seasons back Sarries were roundly criticised for their boring, but successful, playing style. The caterpillar was one of their favoured tactics...

The Dr's one or two (3?) seasons of banging in the same defensive drills has worked for them (although recently their injury list and ?tiredness? may have taken their toll) and it grew to the more all-court game they can now play.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
16 January, 2018 16:26
Sarries are great to watch but they built that on solid foundations

Mayor West (IP Logged)
16 January, 2018 19:01
Great to watch now but who has the biggest trophies and who has the biggest crowds. I was going to say who has the biggest financial loss each year but we are competing well on that one.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
16 January, 2018 19:13
Sorry Mayor, I'm not sure I understand what you are getting at??? Sarries have never really had huge crowds have they??

Sarries got grief for being boring, now they are a delight to watch but they are still a good defensive unit. They made themselves tough to beat, developed a winning mentality and then expanded their game.

Mayor West (IP Logged)
16 January, 2018 19:38
I was only pointing out that we still get bigger crowds despite being a mid table team that wins a lot less than the fairly recent prem champs and double champions of Europe . This was in reply to QK's comment about them being boring but successful. Which I think was in reference to my comment about people not watching a team that wins 3-0 a few times and is in the top four, which you (Honky Tonk ) said you wouldn't mind.

They are far from boring now but their support hasn't increased as much as you would think regarding their success of late. I bet if we were top of the table and more successful our crowds would increase more than theirs have. Why?

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
16 January, 2018 19:48
Ahh, got you. Maybe down to them not having a proper home before, trying to put down roots (we have had a lot longer to build our fanbase). I'm not sure, number wise what the crowds were like at VR for them. Maybe Allianz is too small???
Yeah, I would get bored watching 3-0 all the time, would just like to see us win something though.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net