Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Injuries v wasps
West Stand Quin (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 20:12
From the journos on Twitter:
Bothma broken arm
Brown double vision

Robshaw hurt his back tackling Marler in training but wonít keep him out for long

Re: Injuries v wasps
Tonbridge Quin (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 20:58
Was it the same arm for Bothma? if it was that is a bit of a worry for the future.

Scamble (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 21:03
Same arm, yes

Scrumhead (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 21:05
Looked like the left arm. I thought heíd broken it again in the first half. It seems like it will keep breaking unless he has a plate or something.

Scamble (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 21:08
I noticed that, he kept clutching at it. Obviously a problem there

Rocker (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 21:39
It's so bound up it looks like a Christmas present. I think it is an ongoing issue without intervention of some kind ( metal plate or something)

Roaming Quin (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 21:39
Not good news for Bothma or Brown.

johnlid (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 21:46
Feel for Bothma. The guy gives his all and tackles like a demon. Hope he can find a permanent solution to his injury

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 21:42
I thought he already had a plate/screws after the last time???

NicoWilson (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 22:04
As I left the LV/West Stand (car park direction, not council depot direction) I couldnít get to the Membersí Bar as stewards had cordoned off part of the ground leading to the car park as they said they needed to get an ambulance through.

Would this have been for Bothma?

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 22:13
Pierre Spies used to wear an arm guard after breaking his arm badly. I thought Bothma was wearing some kind of protection too.

Mayor West (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 23:29
He wears a bandage with smash written on it. Didn't realise it was an instruction!

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 10:12
Advertising space for a well known brand of powdered mash potato...

johnlid (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 15:47
it's being reported that Brown was taken to hospital because of double vision

DOK (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 15:49
Well Brown had all those problems with concussion before. Hopefully they're just being super cautious, but I guess we won't see him next week.

Fearless Fred (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 18:27
Bothma has tweeted an X-Ray showing a broken arm...

MrOther (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 18:35
Quote:
Fearless Fred
Bothma has tweeted an X-Ray showing a broken arm...

Oops! Yes, that's well broken. Poor bu99er.

PJMQuin (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 19:23
Iím guessing thatís some kind of plate from last time and itís just broken outside of it? Heís so unlucky.

talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 19:33
I wonder if Bothma will ever be able to play at 100% after this. Having two injuries like that must weaken the arm as a whole.

Hope it's not the case because he looks like a great player but it is worrying.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 21:12
Quote:
PJMQuin
Iím guessing thatís some kind of plate from last time and itís just broken outside of it? Heís so unlucky.

Looks like it was pinned last time. I would guess this time it would be a longer pin.

Does anyone know how it happened? Was it the impact of hitting another player or did he land awkwardly on it? Someone mentioned that he seemed to be struggling with it in the first half, but I can't say it showed!

Rocker (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 21:36
He definitely didn't have much luck with that arm! He was Holding it and seemed to be experiencing some discomfort earlier in the match. He went down towards the North end and didn't get up for a bit. I think it was in a tackle :-(

Mayor West (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 22:04
In the first half he went into a tackle with another Quin, not sure who, he didn't get up until after he was attended to but didn't look like he could move his arm. I thought oh no not the arm again but he got back into position and seemed to "run it off". It's possible that he cracked it and then broke it properly later. I believe that the actual break repairs stronger than normal bone but I could be wrong.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
15 January, 2018 07:47
"we are stronger in the places we are broken"

Post on the Waspies board (who may know what they are talking about) estimates between 4-6 months. If it means he is back fighting fit for next season then so be it

Cookie (IP Logged)
15 January, 2018 10:10
Quote:
talkshowhost86
I wonder if Bothma will ever be able to play at 100% after this. Having two injuries like that must weaken the arm as a whole.
Hope it's not the case because he looks like a great player but it is worrying.

Try 3. He did it when he was at the Bulls as well, which (along with a ban) is why he was fresh when he got to us.

Some might remember my concern about the number of injuries he seems to pick up.......

PQ2 (IP Logged)
15 January, 2018 10:11
What he needs is some of that Adamantium.

He'll have to look to his diet, too - e.g, eat more Logan Ghost.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net