rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Rounds 19 & 20 Fixtures Confirmed
Cookie (IP Logged)
17 January, 2018 12:26
Aviva Premiership Rounds 19 and 20

Round 19: Harlequins v London Irish, The Stoop, Saturday 7th April (kick-off 15:00)
Round 20: Gloucester Rugby v Harlequins, Kingsholm, Saturday 14th April(kick-off 15:00)

Fancy that! A pair of Sat 3pm games.

Re: Rounds 19 & 20 Fixtures Confirmed
Uncle Arthur (IP Logged)
17 January, 2018 19:06
True meaning of the word "clash"

Saturday 7th April 2018: Bath Rugby v Leicester Tigers (The Clash) Twickenham Stadium 15:00
Saturday 7th April 2018: Harlequins v London Irish, Twickenham Stoop 15:00

Camquin (IP Logged)
17 January, 2018 19:45
Were you thinking of "London Calling" or "Should I stay or should I go"

Fearless Fred (IP Logged)
17 January, 2018 19:49
So, that's *tywo* instances of our games being played at the same time as a game the other side of the A316 this season (Round 22 collides with the Army/Navy game). Has no-one at the PRL, RFU or Quins actually twigged this yet?!?) Have the Met Police, TFL and Richmond Council al signed up for these two clashes????

Samquin (IP Logged)
17 January, 2018 20:00
What size crowd would they expect for the Clash?

Monte (IP Logged)
17 January, 2018 20:01
Bath v Tiggers is 1400 I wonder who gets the Rosebine?

Monte (IP Logged)
17 January, 2018 20:08
Last year Ďmore than 60,000í according to Bath Chronicle

QuickerQuin (IP Logged)
17 January, 2018 21:02
Quote:
Uncle Arthur
Saturday 7th April 2018: Bath Rugby v Leicester Tigers (The Clash) Twickenham Stadium 15:00

It shows Friday April 6th for the Quins game on the website.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
17 January, 2018 21:12
Quote:
QuickerQuin
Quote:
Uncle Arthur

Well they posted an article on the front page saying itís on Saturday - where does it say friday?

[www.quins.co.uk]

QuickerQuin (IP Logged)
17 January, 2018 21:39
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
QuickerQuin
Quote:
Uncle Arthur

Well they posted an article on the front page saying itís on Saturday - where does it say friday?

[www.quins.co.uk]

Sigh. Have I got to do everything?

[www.quins.co.uk]

never sleep (IP Logged)
17 January, 2018 22:15
The fixture list looks like it just hasn't been updated yet. The kick off time is still TBC on the list.
The premiership rugby site confirms the kick off as Saturday 3:00pm

harlequinade (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 16:23
quins

Quote:
INFORMATION REGARDING HARLEQUINS' UPCOMING AVIVA PREMIERSHIP FIXTURES AGAINST LONDON IRISH AND EXETER CHIEFS. Following the recent confirmation by Premiership Rugby of the Harlequins v London Irish match date and kick-off time as Saturday 7th April (15:00), the Club wants to address supportersí concerns about scheduling and travel arrangements for this match and the Harlequins v Exeter Chiefs match on Saturday 5th May (16:00), caused by clashes with matches being played at Twickenham Stadium. Our preference, and that of the vast majority of our supporters, is for matches to take place on Saturdays at 15:00. This is the optimum scheduling from a player preparation perspective and so the regular season home match against London Irish, which kicks off one hour after Bath Rugbyís match against Leicester Tigers (14:00), will not change. Our final home match of the season, against Exeter Chiefs, clashes with the Army v Navy match at Twickenham Stadium (15:00), with the Harlequins match kicking off one hour later. Our match cannot be rescheduled because all matches in the final round must be played at the same time. We recognise that this will impact some supportersí travel arrangements for these matches, particularly those that use the Rosebine car parks. These car parks belong to the RFU and as such are included in the hiring of Twickenham Stadium, so will not be available to Harlequins supporters. The Club is currently exploring alternative options to accommodate the travel needs of supporters who cannot easily use public transport to get to these matches and will notify supporters when we have more information. Any supporters with questions about these matches can contact customerservice@quins.co.uk.

You can have anything in life, if you will sacrifice everything else for it

talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 16:43
That excuse around the London Irish game is absolutely pathetic to be honest.

I imagine the 'optimum scheduling from a player preparation perspective' doesn't come into it when we move our games for the BT money.

I understand that we can't do anything about the clash with the Army v Navy game, and I suspect both of these clashes are caused more by the RFU than by Quins, but that really is a laughable excuse for that first clash, even if they are making it on someone else's behalf.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 16:58
I guess they think that everyone moans when itís not 3pm on Saturday and then moans when it is. Luckily Iím not doing their pr or the email would have said ďstop bloody moaning and make your sodding minds up. Or go watch badmintonĒ

Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 17:01
What's the problem with the Irish match - more traffic? Anything else?

GrubbyQuin (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 17:08
Quote:
Quinten Poulsen
What's the problem with the Irish match - more traffic? Anything else?

Well, apart from the fact that "more traffic" will impact heavily on people like me who don't have much option other than to drive, and the fact that we won't have anywhere to park when we get there then, no, nothing else.

26 January, 2018 17:10
I'm sure with a bit of planning you'll find a place to park.

Bedfordshire Boy (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 17:45
Quote:
Quinten Poulsen

A teeny weeny bit of planning will get you within less than 15 minutes walk from The Stoop.

Fearless Fred (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 18:19
It's not just those driving to the game that are impacted. If you're coming by train, TW station is a nightmare on international days at the best of times. Add in the building of the completely new station, as well as potentially more people than even an international day, and you've got the perfect recipe for hours of queuing simply to get onto a platform. If, like me, you're trying to get out towards Reading, you've got 2 trains an hour. All the Bath fans will be trying to get that way too (as will the Exeter fans on the final day). Good luck getting a train within an hour of getting onto the platform.

The Army Navy game has all the above with the additional "fun" of having trains from as early as 10am full of nissed* squadies & squids on the way to the game even more of them after the game...

*nissed as in "nissed as pewts".

GrubbyQuin (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 18:39
Quote:
Bedfordshire Boy
Quote:
Quinten Poulsen

A teeny weeny bit of planning will get you within less than 15 minutes walk from The Stoop.

As opposed to parking 5 minutes away in the car park for which Iíve paid the club for a parking permit? Thatís OK then.

26 January, 2018 19:32
I'm sorry you have to suffer such hardship. I will gladly donate a pound to your help your plight.

GrubbyQuin (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 20:09
Why do you have to be so patronising? You asked the question, Iíve answered it from my point of view. Jeez.

Hellequin (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 20:49
So for those that have to travel into Twickenham means trains will be packed, buses diverted and reduced car parking.

Also most of the pubs will be packed, cut back their drinks selection and charge a fiver for what's left.

Altogether doesn't make for a great experience.

Monte (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 21:56
Perhaps Kempton parking with buses to the Stoop? A la World Cup as long as they donít shut the road as I park in the North car park!

talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
27 January, 2018 00:11
Quote:
Hellequin
So for those that have to travel into Twickenham means trains will be packed, buses diverted and reduced car parking.
Also most of the pubs will be packed, cut back their drinks selection and charge a fiver for what's left.

Yeah but QP doesn't mind so it turns out it's fine for absolutely everyone else.

Stop your whinging peasant.

Sketchley (IP Logged)
27 January, 2018 06:42
I don't see a big problem. Twickenham holds 82k these matches rarely go over 60k and our capacity is14.8 so Twickenham is very used to coping. Plus with one hour later kick off should make trains ok before and after the game.

Only issues I see are parking (we will switch to public transport for the day) and all the bars shutting early after the army and navy game (we will just head home).

Edit. Just looked at attendance figure from army and navy and it sells out at 82k. Didn't know that. That makes it different.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 27/01/2018 06:48 by Sketchley.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
27 January, 2018 08:01
Quote:
Hellequin

To offer some helpful advice, donít drink in town, go down the Blucher/Albert/Sussex and Twickenham Ales brewery.

Army/Navy crowd all come in by train and never make it out of the centre - and large numbers of the crowd going to HQ for Bath game arenít rugby regulars so donít venture far.

Itís the same for games like England v Samoa or the 7s etc. When itís not the regular crowd of 82k itís always quieter ďup my endĒ.

QuickerQuin (IP Logged)
27 January, 2018 10:17
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
Hellequin

To offer some helpful advice, donít drink in town, go down the Blucher/Albert/Sussex and Twickenham Ales brewery.

Army/Navy crowd all come in by train and never make it out of the centre - and large numbers of the crowd going to HQ for Bath game arenít rugby regulars so donít venture far.

Itís the same for games like England v Samoa or the 7s etc. When itís not the regular crowd of 82k itís always quieter ďup my endĒ.

I though you had told us that nowadays you didn't go in The Blucher, Blucher?

DOK (IP Logged)
27 January, 2018 10:26
If you park near a station that'll get you to Whitton or Strawberry Hill, the Stoop is walkable from there. Probably best to wait and see what the club comes up with and then decide.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
27 January, 2018 10:48
Quote:
QuickerQuin
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
Hellequin

I though you had told us that nowadays you didn't go in The Blucher, Blucher?

Iím a chameleon

27 January, 2018 12:23
Quote:
talkshowhost86
Quote:
Hellequin

Yeah but QP doesn't mind so it turns out it's fine for absolutely everyone else.

Stop your whinging peasant.

Correct, and well said. thumbs down

Rocker (IP Logged)
27 January, 2018 17:04
Not impressed with no car parking. It is extremely difficult to get to the Stoop from where I live, especially with 2 kids in tow. It's about 2 hours by train as opposed to 45 minutes or so by car. Also I have already paid for parking for the home games...

Dave L (IP Logged)
27 January, 2018 22:29
Iíve driven to Quins and England games for 2/3rds of the games for the last 9 seasons and always found somewhere to park not a million miles away from the stoop. Never seen the appeal of the rosebine myself but appreciate others do.

To be honest I think clashes with events like these are part and parcel of being next to Big Stoop. That said, I think a small bit of goodwill e cash for each of the car park pass holders wouldnít be a bad idea.

TeddingtonQuin (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 11:30
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
Hellequin

Seconded! For those that are travelling to the area that end of town is unknown and even a gem like The Sussex isn't on their radar

We went to 'The Stinger' a few seasons ago and although the crowd wasn't huge, it was a lot bigger than a Stoopful yet the Sussex was a lot more comfortable than on a Quins match day. So much do that we could comfortably sit inside and have pies and pints before the game

West Stand, Block FD, Row S (if renewed)
@JT075 #COYQ

TeddingtonQuin (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 11:42
Quote:
Dave L
Iíve driven to Quins and England games for 2/3rds of the games for the last 9 seasons and always found somewhere to park not a million miles away from the stoop. Never seen the appeal of the rosebine myself but appreciate others do.
To be honest I think clashes with events like these are part and parcel of being next to Big Stoop. That said, I think a small bit of goodwill e cash for each of the car park pass holders wouldnít be a bad idea.

You're used to doing it and started doing so when it was less busy. For those that are not used to it now finding themselves having to drive and find somewhere to park it can be rather daunting. Happily I'm not in that category as I can walk to both Stoops but some of those that sit nearby are rightly concerned

I don't agree that it is part and parcel of being neighbours. With a bit of planning and common sense, clashes like this need not happen

West Stand, Block FD, Row S (if renewed)
@JT075 #COYQ

QuickerQuin (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 12:27
Quote:
TeddingtonQuin
]
For those that are travelling to the area that end of town is unknown and even a gem like The Sussex isn't on their radar

"A gem!"

It's alright if you are into tweed jackets and string back driving gloves.

If you want to drink that end of town, try The Blucher.

Cookie (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 14:08
Quote:
QuickerQuin
Quote:
TeddingtonQuin
]
For those that are travelling to the area that end of town is unknown and even a gem like The Sussex isn't on their radar

"A gem!"

Blucher is great if you don't mind their prices, like stock ales and rampaging kids. Otherwise, Sussex is infinitely better. As is Twickenham Ales.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 14:52
Quote:
QuickerQuin
Quote:
TeddingtonQuin
]

"A gem!"

You must mean a different Sussex. Not sure the hipster goths who run it are into string backed driving gloves.

Nor the regular clientele who are mainly the alcoholic old actors from the home up the road and the same entertaining crusty vagrants who used to prop up the bar when it was a @#$%& heap.

Mancquin (IP Logged)
29 January, 2018 15:57
There is normally quite a lot of parking available between Twickenham Green and Strawberry Hill Station. This area is used a lot Monday to Friday by commuters dumping their cars in the free parking areas. All about to change this year after consultations but fine "of a Saturday or Sunday" ( Northern English grammar innit ).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net