rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Team for la Rochelle
never sleep (IP Logged)
18 January, 2018 09:54
Looking at the players that are registered for Europe and then looking at the players who I think are available, then I think that JK's cat will again be able to pick the team:
Boyce
Ward
Sink
Glynn
Merrick
J.Chis
White
Mat

Care
Smith
Visser
Lang
Stanley
Alofa
R.Chis

bench:
Lambo
Elia
Swainston
Matthews
Lamb
Lewis
Prior

Notes:
1. That leaves us with 1 player short
2. There may be possibility of including more players as injury cover as I don't know if we have used them all yet.
3. I have assumed that nobody new is coming back from injury
4. I have assumed that Brown and the Dr will be out due to concussion.

Here is the squad list
[epcrugby.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/01/2018 09:56 by never sleep.

Re: Team for la Rochelle
fandg2 (IP Logged)
18 January, 2018 10:04
Thanks for that, I got to thinking yesterday on another thread that 'we' could be struggling for a team. Also need to consider that normally there's a couple of non playing travelling reserves as well ( 1 forward 1 back), to cover any last minute faux pas. Here's hoping there's some available we don't know about!

never sleep (IP Logged)
18 January, 2018 10:23
I think this could be a challenge defensively if the Dr is not there to protect Smith. La Rochelle will probably just keep running at Stanley.

Banstead Quin (IP Logged)
18 January, 2018 11:12
I’d rather play Ward at 13 than Stanley, he was appalling against Ulster and various other games. Missed tackles and left for dead every time. Move Alofa to 13 and one of the kids on the wing.

never sleep (IP Logged)
18 January, 2018 11:18
Quote:
Banstead Quin
I’d rather play Ward at 13 than Stanley, he was appalling against Ulster and various other games. Missed tackles and left for dead every time. Move Alofa to 13 and one of the kids on the wing.

Good plan - except -
1. who would be hooker
2. there are no "kids" registered. the above list is all we have.
- so, you would need to put Prior on the wing

New Forest Quin (IP Logged)
18 January, 2018 14:26
Joe Gray is fit again and will play as long as he was registered.

never sleep (IP Logged)
18 January, 2018 14:29
Yes, he is listed.
But - we are actually one short in the backs. Maybe Ward can play at sentre after all :-)

Fursty (IP Logged)
18 January, 2018 14:41
In football they have rules whereby players under 21 and registered at the club don't have to be registered for both the league and European competitions (allowing academy players to be used in case of an injury crisis).

It would be sensible for European rugby to introduce similar rules

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net