rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Teams up
quin_jon (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 11:57
A few notable returns from injury.

Harlequins team to play Scarlets (Harlequins appearances)

15. Aaron Morris (12)
14. Ross Chisholm (86)
13. Joe Marchant (46)
12. Henry Cheeseman (11)
11. Gabriel Ibitoye (4)
10. James Lang (15)
9. Dave Lewis (7)

1. Mark Lambert (223)
2. Joe Gray (142)
3. Phil Swainston (7)
4. Stan South (9)
5. Charlie Matthews (155)
6. Archie White (13)
7. Luke Wallace (152)
8. James Chisholm (Captain, 48)

16. Charlie Piper (5)
17. Cameron Holenstein (1)
18. Josh McNulty (3)
19. Sam Twomey (54)
20. Dino Lamb (9)
21. Jono Kitto (4)
22. Ian Prior (4)
23. Cadan Murley (-)

Re: Teams up
akb1 (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 12:00
Really please to see players coming back from injury, especially Twomey

GrubbyQuin (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 12:02
And Marchant

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 12:07
Superb!

26 January, 2018 12:11
Yes good news. We may need a bonus point as Exeter look strong in our group. We could even get 20 points from 4 games and still not qualify for the LV gubbins semis!

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 12:13
Looks a good team for us. Re Exeter, see that Worcester have put out a pretty strong side against them.

Quins4life (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 12:16
Great looking team. Fully English starting XV too which isn't something to be sniffed at. Although disappointed not to see Saili and the Cat back to get some game time. Hopefully they will be for the saints game next week.

Also fantastic to see twomey back. If he can get back to his pre-injury levels we will have another great option

talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 12:29
Twomey being back is massive.

quinsfan123 (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 12:36
And Horwill isn't far away from coming back too. So there should be some real competition now for places in the pack.

akb1 (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 12:55
Quote:
GrubbyQuin
And Marchant
Agree

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 12:58
Has cheeseman played much at centre?

Quinkent (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 13:09
Scarlets' team. Familiar surname at 10, last year's Welsh Premiership player of the year.

"Scarlets’ young guns will head to Twickenham Stoop on Saturday, 27th January, to take on Harlequins in the penultimate pool game of the Anglo-Welsh Cup campaign.

Head Coach Euros Evans has named a side boasting senior regional experience alongside some of the region’s best young stars and a sprinkling of Premiership stalwarts.

Tom Williams, Jonathan Evans, Emyr Phillips, Simon Gardiner and Jack Condy offer an experienced backbone to the side.

Williams makes his first appearance for the Scarlets since March 2017 after undergoing shoulder surgery.

Centre Tom Hughes, outside half Jacob Botica and scrum half Alex Schwarz link up with the regional side, from RGC 1404.

Looking ahead to the Anglo-Welsh Cup clash Euros Evans said; “We’ve had a good training week and we’re looking forward to seeing the group on the field at the Stoop.

“As we’ve previously mentioned this competition gives the region’s young players an opportunity to step up to the next level and show the regional coaches what they have to offer. We’ll be looking for a strong finish to the campaign over the next two weeks.”

Scarlets team to take on Harlequins at Twickenham Stoop on Saturday 27th January, kick-off 3pm;

15 Tom Williams, 14 Tom Rogers, 13 Corey Baldwin, 12 Tom Hughes, 11 Ryan Conbeer, 10 Jacob Botica, 9 Jonathan Evans, 1 Rhys Fawcett, 2 Emyr Phillips, 3 Simon Gardiner, 4 Josh Helps, 5 Chris Long, 6 Stuart Worrall, 7 Dan Davis, 8 Jack Condy ©

Replacements; Taylor Davies, Phil Price, Javan Sebastian, Bryce Morgan, Lloyd Pike, Alex Schwarz, Jack Maynard, Morgan Griffiths"

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 13:25
Looking forward to seeing that team. Lots of names who haven't featured for a while. Great to see some returns from injury - Marchant, Twomey, Morris, Gray - and will be interesting to see the likes of Holenstein get some time.

Pleased for Chis to be made captain, he's earned it. Also good that some players are getting a well-deserved rest.

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 13:41
Jacob, brother of Ben...

[www.bbc.co.uk]

talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 14:15
Will be interesting to see if that Scarlets team play the same sort of rugby as the first XV.

Scarlets have been fantastic to watch this season. Actually quite a bit like our Premiership winning team in the way they just keep the ball moving whenever possible.

And with our shambolic defending generally, it should make for an exciting an open game. Looking forward to it.

fandg2 (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 15:40
Quote:
RodneyRegis

I could give you chapter and verse, but really depends on what you quantify 'much' as.;-)

This season is pretty much documented, prior to this season he's had 2 starts at 12, (NZ Marois and Bath A if memory serves) and a shed load of cameos at 12 and 13 when moved there during various A team games due to incumbent injuries and /or substitutions.

Started life as a centre in minis and early school years, moved to backrow at 15 and through the England age grade years, (although still played centre at 6th form). Has now come full circle via the wing to centre it seems.

Looking forwards to see him and Marchant together

Bedfordshire Boy (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 16:11
Really looking forward to this game having seen the team, I fancy lots of points on the board tomorrow.

ChipsteadQuin (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 16:37
Quote:
fandg2
Quote:
RodneyRegis

I could give you chapter and verse, but really depends on what you quantify 'much' as.;-)

This season is pretty much documented, prior to this season he's had 2 starts at 12, (NZ Marois and Bath A if memory serves) and a shed load of cameos at 12 and 13 when moved there during various A team games due to incumbent injuries and /or substitutions.

Started life as a centre in minis and early school years, moved to backrow at 15 and through the England age grade years, (although still played centre at 6th form). Has now come full circle via the wing to centre it seems.

In the AP he came on after 15 mins against Bath at the Rec in November and scored a try , I think Marcus went off , Lang when to 10 and he played 12.

I think we were 3 tries down by then mind you , but he helped steady the ship .

blucherquin (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 16:53
Quote:
quinsfan123
And Horwill isn't far away from coming back too. So there should be some real competition now for places in the pack.

How do we know that? He was out with concussion wasn’t he?

fandg2 (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 17:03
Quote:
ChipsteadQuin
Quote:
fandg2
Quote:
RodneyRegis

In the AP he came on after 15 mins against Bath at the Rec in November and scored a try , I think Marcus went off , Lang when to 10 and he played 12.

I think we were 3 tries down by then mind you , but he helped steady the ship .

And if you did'nt know, ChipsteadQuin, he played all his club rugby up to 16/17 at.........Chipstead RFC ;-)

Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 17:08
Thanks for the info Mrs Cheeseman. winking smiley

blucherquin (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 17:11
Quote:
Quinten Poulsen

I think you have to say Cheeseperson these days.

#metoo

fandg2 (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 17:27
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
Quinten Poulsen

I think you have to say Cheeseperson these days.

#metoo

lol sorry guys, to protect the innocent you're both wrong but good effort

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 17:52
I have had my suspicions that Fandg2 may be related to one of our younger squad members.

fandg2 (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 18:10
Quote:
HonkyTonk
I have had my suspicions that Fandg2 may be related to one of our younger squad members.

Ah, never made it any secret that I'm relatively close to someone, just never let on who. It was very fortunate for me that Harlequins decided to take on a big bunch of lads into the academy at the same time and most of them I'd been watching on and off from a very young age. Hence why I know quite a bit of detail about some of them and their peers in other clubs ;-)

I have to say it's been very gratifying following the Quins lads and their peers since they were all being 'graded' in the U15s and now the likes of Treadwell, Underhill, Boyce et al are knocking on full international honours. For anyone who follows rugby I'd recommend getting to know the players at say England U16s level and follow their progress through the years, seeing who falls by the wayside or makes it to a club etc. makes quite an enjoyable pastime

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 18:26
I try and keep up with a few of our u18s but cant say I know much (anything) about other sides players (barring who gets mentioned for England). Trying to keep up with a few of our 18s from last season (Okafor, Head, Hennesey and Murley). I know Murley has been DR at Esher (as Smith was due to be) so will be good to see how he goes tomorrow if he gets a chance. Its also a reason I enjoy watching the Sevens.

After doing so well last season I know our 18s have had a mixed start (1W, 1D and 1L) in the league.

I must say I am quite enjoying following the Quins (and England) ladies sides and getting to know a bit about the players.

New Forest Quin (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 18:47
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
quinsfan123

How do we know that? He was out with concussion wasn’t he?

Knee injury

New Forest Quin (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 18:51
Quote:
Bedfordshire Boy
Really looking forward to this game having seen the team, I fancy lots of points on the board tomorrow.

Cadan Murley ex Bishops Wordsworth and Salisbury RFC hopefully making his 1st team debut.

BB-2 out of 3 for you can't be bad, its just the last one that got away.

1908 (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 19:55
Cadan Murley....Penzance boy who played his early rugby at the Pirates. His dad played for the Pirates before moving "up the line". Good luck tomorrow, Cadan.

MrOther (IP Logged)
27 January, 2018 14:49
Not being streamed on Rugby Pass?

27 January, 2018 14:53
I can't find anything either.

Only Joe Quin (IP Logged)
27 January, 2018 14:55
Not even on the radio as far as I can see.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
27 January, 2018 14:56
Quote:
Quinten Poulsen

Same here. Relying on the Twitter feed.

MrOther (IP Logged)
27 January, 2018 14:59
Quote:
Quinten Poulsen

Very disappointing.

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
27 January, 2018 15:08
Very rarely get anything for a non televised about game. Shoulda come.

Gray throwing really well. Pens mounting up in their 22

raedarius (IP Logged)
27 January, 2018 15:32
Third time we have stopped playing on knocking on to find that Scarlets keep playing. We should know better.

MrOther (IP Logged)
27 January, 2018 15:42
Quote:
RodneyRegis
Gray throwing really well.

We have a functioning lineout? That's really good news.

Thoroughly enjoyable nil-nil first half at the Rec, where Sam Stuart is looking sharp for Falcons.

Hellequin (IP Logged)
27 January, 2018 15:45
Ht 14-0 to Quins. Pretty much all being played in the Scarlets half.

Ref doesn't seem to be picking up on high tackles from Scarlets (not bad ones justl high), don't think there is a TMO for this match which may be why.

Lots of knock ons from both sides. Quins could be further ahead with calmer heads, but it is a young side so can't be to critical.

IlfordQuin (IP Logged)
27 January, 2018 15:49
and Worcester are making a match of it, coming back to 12-14 after being 0-14 down to Exeter.

Rocker (IP Logged)
27 January, 2018 15:56
Another try to start the second half. 21-0

PeterboroughQuin (IP Logged)
27 January, 2018 16:06
Warriors winning 19-14

Rocker (IP Logged)
27 January, 2018 16:11
And another from Lang 28-0 on 59 minutes

Rocker (IP Logged)
27 January, 2018 16:13
Quins youngsters have been impressive.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
27 January, 2018 16:15
Unusually our defence has been absolutely superb

T-Bone (IP Logged)
27 January, 2018 16:31
Sounds like a decent performance from a scratch team. Good stuff. BBC website hasn't got up to date scores on the other games annoyingly

IlfordQuin (IP Logged)
27 January, 2018 16:24

27 January, 2018 16:25
Warriors 26-21 Exeter

IlfordQuin (IP Logged)
27 January, 2018 16:25
Worcester back in front 26-21

Rocker (IP Logged)
27 January, 2018 16:33
Another one for is after a nice break from little Chis agree they knocked it on. 35-7

27 January, 2018 16:36
Worcester have beaten Exeter

Exeter with only 3 Tries so will leave with no points

31-21

Rocker (IP Logged)
27 January, 2018 16:38
And so it remains. Wuss best cheifs too :-)

IlfordQuin (IP Logged)
27 January, 2018 16:43
In Quins hands next Friday, thankfully that game's being televised.

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
27 January, 2018 16:47
Quote:
Quinten Poulsen

And his Dad known as “Cheesy”...

Mobbs (IP Logged)
27 January, 2018 18:16
Saints need to win friday to clinch our pool.....looking foward to it !

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
27 January, 2018 18:18
Am I right in thinking that we only need one point to guarantee progressing?

Fearless Fred (IP Logged)
27 January, 2018 18:22
Quote:
Quinky Kin

That's my understanding.

TeddingtonQuin (IP Logged)
27 January, 2018 19:50
Quote:
Fearless Fred
Quote:
Quinky Kin

That's my understanding.

Yes, if we get just a point next week, Chiefs can't catch us (Sm122)

West Stand, Block FD, Row S (if renewed)
@JT075 #COYQ

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
27 January, 2018 19:58
Did Holenstein get any time? If so, was he any good?

Bedfordshire Boy (IP Logged)
27 January, 2018 20:32
Quote:
Quinky Kin

On the pitch for less than 10 minutes so difficult to judge, he`s a big lad.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
27 January, 2018 21:08
Quote:
Bedfordshire Boy
Quote:
Quinky Kin

On the pitch for less than 10 minutes so difficult to judge, he`s a big lad.

Thanks BB. He looks a big, powerful unit. Let's hope he can use his bulk to good effect.

27 January, 2018 21:11
Our scrum was getting pinged during the latter part of the second half (before and afer Holenstein came on) for early engagement. Wasn't something that was obvious to me or tied in with a substitution however.

As BB says, there wasn't much time for him to show much, guess he is likely to get a bit more game time next week. Lambert was immense however.

@JT075 #COYQ

Robertquin (IP Logged)
27 January, 2018 21:12
Why are BBC showing us as second with 15 points and Exeter first with fewer? I assume an error.

27 January, 2018 21:16
Yes, it's an error, both started the day on 10 points, we got 5, Chiefs came away with nothing. An LBP will see us through to the semis

@JT075 #COYQ

Dave L (IP Logged)
27 January, 2018 22:30
Couldn’t make it today but very well done to the lads. Excellent result.

Pleasing to see so many of the injury absentees back in time for the 6N too.

Rocker (IP Logged)
27 January, 2018 22:41
Holenstein is HUGE! He was making his presence known at a few rucks and mauls (if you know what you mean). Didn't have too many scrums to make an impact on, but he's very traditional shape for a prop, very cuboid.

ArchQuin (IP Logged)
27 January, 2018 22:41
A good win against poor opposition - we overpowered Scarlets in most areas and you can only beat what is in front of you !!

T-Bone (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 15:45
Are there any highlights anywhere?

28 January, 2018 17:15
Now all the games are played this w/e, a single pool point on Friday will mean that not only would we get a QF, we'd be at home.

Pool 1: Bath & Gloucester are still in with a chance of topping the pool. Bath on 12, Gloucs on 11. Bath face Ospreys away, & Gloucs are away to Newcastle

Pool 2: We're on 15 & Chiefs on 10. We go away to Saints, while Exeter host Saracens.

Pool 3: Saints, Warriors & Saracens can all still qualify. Warriors are away to Dragons.

Pool 4: Newcastle, Tigers, and Irish are all still in the hunt. Tigers travel across the Midlands to visit Wasps, while LI are off to visit Cardiff.

The key games:

Ospreys v Bath: The Hairsprays have nothing to fighht for. I expect Bath to win this with at least 4 points, maybe 5.
Newcastle v Gloucester: Too close to call. Both teams can qualify with a good win. Probably the plastic pitch to make a difference with a Falcons win.
Saints v Quins: Who knows!
Chiefs v Saracens. Sarries will probaly win this one. Chiefs need us to slip up while Sarries know that a good win will qualify them. Tough to call. It'll depend too on...
Worcester v Dragons. The Welsh have nothing to play for so Warriors should win this one. That would open Pool 3 up as the pool that could go any-which-way.
Wasps v Tigers: This should be the game of the round. Wasps are out of the comp, but are eager to re-establish their "stadium Ricoh" mojo that we broke earlier in the season. Tigers can qualify if they win Gloucs overturn the Falcons.
Cardiff v Irish: The Not-Nots could also qualify depending on the other teams in their group. Cardiff are out of the comp (as are all the Welsh regions again), so there's every chance the not-nots could make it through to the QFs. The problem will be whether they have the depth in the squad to allow them to target the Anglo-Welsh as well as trying to come back in the AP. Some how I doubt they've got the depth & ability.

Bottom line, though, is that we get a single point, and we should be ready to have a home SF.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
29 January, 2018 11:49
I've tried every @#$%& where....Youtube, Aviva Prem site, Harlequins TV, and Channel 5 who were doing a highlights package but its not up on their iplayer yet..??

FF have you got one of them Torrent fingys?

If at first you don't succeed, Try, Try and Try again.

akb1 (IP Logged)
29 January, 2018 12:30
Short highlights just made available
[youtu.be]

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
29 January, 2018 14:20
Thank You smiling smiley

If at first you don't succeed, Try, Try and Try again.

29 January, 2018 19:18
Quote:
Scaramouche
I've tried every @#$%& where....Youtube, Aviva Prem site, Harlequins TV, and Channel 5 who were doing a highlights package but its not up on their iplayer yet..??
FF have you got one of them Torrent fingys?

Sadly not on this occasion Scara...

29 January, 2018 23:32
95% tackle success rate. Only 9 missed from 186 attempts. Plus only 6 pens conceded.

Well done Minty, excellent coaching. smiling smiley

fandg2 (IP Logged)
30 January, 2018 09:02
Quote:
Quinten Poulsen
95% tackle success rate. Only 9 missed from 186 attempts. Plus only 6 pens conceded.
Well done Minty, excellent coaching. smiling smiley

I know the quality of the opposition wasn't top drawer but I did wonder whether it was a case of 'you can't teach an old dog new tricks' with defence. ie The 1st team with all the big dogs playing are set in their way's but the newer lads/academy have bought into whatever the defensive system is.

Shame the highlights did'nt show Quins advancing up to the 10m line from our try line on defence only ie we did'nt have the ball. Cracking bit of rugby

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net