rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site


Visser is staying
akb1 (IP Logged)
30 January, 2018 17:57

 
Re: Visser is staying
talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
30 January, 2018 18:10
Tremendous news.

Visser, Earle and Walker is a strong selection of wingers.

 
Tim Visser re-signs
SpanishQuin (IP Logged)
30 January, 2018 17:58
HARLEQUINS
SEARCHMOBILE NAV
NEWS
CATEGORY
TIM VISSER EXTENDS TIME WITH HARLEQUINS
Tuesday, 30th January 2018 @ 18:00


HARLEQUINS HAS TODAY (TUESDAY 30TH JANUARY) ANNOUNCED THAT SCOTLAND INTERNATIONAL TIM VISSER HAS COMMITTED HIS FUTURE TO THE STOOP, AFTER SIGNING A TWO-YEAR CONTRACT RENEWAL.

Director of Rugby, John Kingston commented: “I am delighted that terms have been agreed for the renewal of Tim’s contract. Not only is he a proven try scorer at the highest level, he also is a highly regarded member of the squad, who embraces the environment we are continually striving to develop.”

Visser joined Harlequins ahead of the 2015/16 season from Edinburgh Rugby, scoring ten tries in his debut season with Quins. Before his six-year spell in the Scottish capital, Visser played for Newcastle Falcons after being discovered playing sevens in the Netherlands; the country of his birth.

In 2012, Visser made his debut for Scotland against Fiji where he scored a brace of tries in Lautoka. Before joining up with Harlequins, Visser represented his country in the 2015 Rugby World Cup and scored against USA in the pool stages.

Known for his impressive strike rate, Visser has - to date - scored 28 tries in 53 Harlequins appearances.

"I'm delighted to announce that I'll be staying at Quins," said 30-year-old Visser, who has scored seven tries in 16 appearances this term.

“This is an exciting squad, with some amazing youngsters coming through, and I want to be a part of it. A huge part of my reasoning to stay with the Club, is having the opportunity to work with the Harlequins coaching staff, especially figures like Nick Evans, and Nick Easter, who've really helped me improve over the last year.

“Ultimately, I think that John Kingston is taking the squad to a place that I want to be involved in, so putting pen to paper was a no-brainer for me."

 
Visser re-signs
blucherquin (IP Logged)
30 January, 2018 17:57
Two more years.

Tell me again how he and JK don’t get on and....oh I can’t be bothered, what a surprise that all turned out to be horse poop.

Delighted he’s staying. Him and Earle could be one hell of a combo.

 
Re: Visser re-signs
DOK (IP Logged)
30 January, 2018 18:06
From the "Visser" thread

Quote:
DOK
I'd hope we'll see a "Tim Visser has signed a new contract" notice before the end of the season.

 
Re: Visser re-signs
talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
30 January, 2018 18:17
Quote:
DOK
From the "Visser" thread
Quote:
DOK
I'd hope we'll see a "Tim Visser has signed a new contract" notice before the end of the season.

Quick! Hope for some more things!

 
Re: Visser is staying
Roaming Quin (IP Logged)
30 January, 2018 18:09
Fantastic news. We have one exciting back line and a good pack just hope we can lower the injury rate and get consistent results.

 
Re: Visser is staying
Bedfordshire Boy (IP Logged)
30 January, 2018 18:16
Excellent news. Interesting that he has gone out of his way to say positive things about the DOR and (some) of the coaches.

 
Re: Visser is staying
RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
30 January, 2018 18:39
Super duper

 
Re: Visser is staying
Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
30 January, 2018 18:43
Super smashing marvellous.

 
Re: Visser is staying
T-Bone (IP Logged)
30 January, 2018 19:04
Excellent news. Thought he might be off but delighted he's staying. Class player.

Teaches all us armchair fans a lesson not to listen to plausible rumours.

 
Re: Visser is staying
QuinAlan (IP Logged)
30 January, 2018 19:03
Really really good news. Brought a big smile on what has been a@#$%&day for me.

 
Re: Visser is staying
blucherquin (IP Logged)
30 January, 2018 19:05
Quote:
T-Bone
Excellent news. Thought he might be off but delighted he's staying. Class player.
Teaches all us armchair fans a lesson not to listen to plausible rumours.

Perfect timing isn’t it given the whole “what we know about what players think of Kingston” conversation

 
Re: Visser is staying
HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
30 January, 2018 19:17
That is as good as any new signing news

 
Re: Visser is staying
HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
30 January, 2018 19:24
Any other "Big name/Must keep" OOC players this season??

 
Re: Visser is staying
PeterboroughQuin (IP Logged)
30 January, 2018 20:38
Doesnt surprise me that hes staying at the best club out there. Nice work JK. Next season is going to be a blast

 
Re: Visser is staying
quinsfan123 (IP Logged)
30 January, 2018 20:46
Quote:
PeterboroughQuin
Doesnt surprise me that hes staying at the best club out there. Nice work JK. Next season is going to be a blast

Yes, Jamie Roberts and Gray.

 
Re: Visser is staying
quinsfan123 (IP Logged)
30 January, 2018 20:48
And not to forget Matthews

 
Re: Visser is staying
InsertQuinsPunHere (IP Logged)
30 January, 2018 20:48
Hooray! Glad to hear it, great news :-D

 
Re: Visser is staying
poorfour (IP Logged)
30 January, 2018 21:44
Well done JK, and well done Tim. The right decision all round.

 
Re: Visser is staying
TW Quin (IP Logged)
30 January, 2018 21:56
Brilliant news well done all at the club Tim Visser is a superb asset. I wonder if his disappearance early season was Yarde related. Since then he and Walker have been flying down the wings. Very pleased!

 
Re: Visser is staying
PJMQuin (IP Logged)
30 January, 2018 22:09
Quote:
TW Quin
Brilliant news well done all at the club Tim Visser is a superb asset. I wonder if his disappearance early season was Yarde related. Since then he and Walker have been flying down the wings. Very pleased!

Good theory - something was certainly going on. Hopefully in the distant future one of the inevitable books from our future retired Quins spills the beans.

 
Re: Visser is staying
Cookie (IP Logged)
30 January, 2018 22:26
Stunning turnaround after what happened earlier in the season. Shalln't rise to Blucherquin's comment because I know what I heard. In hindsight it would seem Yarde was the real problem, so this is the best possible outcome as Visser is top drawer in everyone except Townsend's eyes, which is great for us.

 
Re: Visser is staying
Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
30 January, 2018 23:23
Great news. Interesting that the length of contract is mentioned, which seems unusual these days.

 
Re: Visser is staying
Fursty (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 08:31
Great news - the comments about all the coaching staff do seem a little OTT, I can see how a winger would be delighted to work with Nick Evans - Nick Easter not so much.

QK - I think it's less of an issue announcing the contract length for a 30 year old.

 
Re: Visser is staying
Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 09:25
Quote:
Fursty

QK - I think it's less of an issue announcing the contract length for a 30 year old.

Yep, fair point. I guess by the time his contract runs out he'll likely not be in such demand.

 
Re: Visser is staying
Scaramouche (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 11:02
Saffacens are signing pretty old wingers these days....



If at first you don't succeed, Try, Try and Try again.

 
Re: Visser is staying
Boonie (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 12:38
Good news; happy with that! smiling smiley



"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to bleat about it all over the internet"

 
Re: Visser is staying
The Quin Meister (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 13:11
Brilliant, brilliant news. There's something about the big fella I just love........ I think it has something to do with 28 tries in 53 Quins appearances. A "right time/right place" player.

 
Re: Visser is staying
Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 13:21
By comparison Walker has 30 in 46 over the same time period. smiling smiley

 
Re: Visser is staying
BuckQuin (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 14:25
Quote:
Quinten Poulsen
By comparison Walker has 30 in 46 over the same time period. smiling smiley

This.

But the two of them together... potent.

Very happy to say that I have total faith in JK these days. Stark contrast to how I felt at the time the reins were handed to him. He's really earnt my respect as a DOR. I was wrong about him and I'm glad I was.

 
Re: Visser is staying
Scaramouche (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 14:32
Quote:
BuckQuin
Quote:
Quinten Poulsen
By comparison Walker has 30 in 46 over the same time period. smiling smiley

This.

But the two of them together... potent.

Very happy to say that I have total faith in JK these days. Stark contrast to how I felt at the time the reins were handed to him. He's really earnt my respect as a DOR. I was wrong about him and I'm glad I was.

You are Quinky in disguise and I claim my £5 smiling smiley



If at first you don't succeed, Try, Try and Try again.

 
Re: Visser is staying
BuckQuin (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 14:43
Quote:
Scaramouche
Quote:
BuckQuin
Quote:
Quinten Poulsen
By comparison Walker has 30 in 46 over the same time period. smiling smiley

This.

But the two of them together... potent.

Very happy to say that I have total faith in JK these days. Stark contrast to how I felt at the time the reins were handed to him. He's really earnt my respect as a DOR. I was wrong about him and I'm glad I was.

You are Quinky in disguise and I claim my £5 smiling smiley

I'm constantly wondering who will jump out when they unzip JK. Haven't seen Brian Ashton for quite a few years. Coincidence? I think not.

 
Re: Visser is staying
RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 15:10
Yes qp. Very happy with our wing stocks for next season - walker, visser, Earle with Sar and mikalcius for backup, as well as chis sr covering.

 
Re: Visser is staying
Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 15:12
Quote:
Scaramouche
Quote:
BuckQuin
Quote:
Quinten Poulsen
By comparison Walker has 30 in 46 over the same time period. smiling smiley

This.

But the two of them together... potent.

Very happy to say that I have total faith in JK these days. Stark contrast to how I felt at the time the reins were handed to him. He's really earnt my respect as a DOR. I was wrong about him and I'm glad I was.

You are Quinky in disguise and I claim my £5 smiling smiley

Scabby, we are the enlightened ones... others are beginning to see the light winking smiley

 
Re: Visser is staying
Cookie (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 15:22
Quote:
BuckQuin
Quote:
Quinten Poulsen
By comparison Walker has 30 in 46 over the same time period. smiling smiley

This.

But the two of them together... potent.

Very happy to say that I have total faith in JK these days. Stark contrast to how I felt at the time the reins were handed to him. He's really earnt my respect as a DOR. I was wrong about him and I'm glad I was.

I bet Visser wins on net tries (net = tries scored minus tries waved in!).

 
Re: Visser is staying
RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 16:09
Charlie would have had to ahve waved through 7 tries even if Tim had a perfect defensive record. Probably not. Throw in the 20 cheap tries visser has scored from intercepts and I think you can safely say Charlie has the better net strike rate.

 
Re: Visser is staying
Dave L (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 16:15
Result. Happy with our wing options for next year. Lots of tries in them and contrasting styles.

 
Re: Visser is staying
Cookie (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 16:33
Quote:
RodneyRegis
Charlie would have had to ahve waved through 7 tries even if Tim had a perfect defensive record. Probably not. Throw in the 20 cheap tries visser has scored from intercepts and I think you can safely say Charlie has the better net strike rate.

Interceptions is one of the finest defensive arts. Almost certainly ends in a try for a fast winger. Visser's one of the best around.

 
Re: Visser is staying
T-Bone (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 16:37
Quote:
Cookie
Quote:
BuckQuin
Quote:
Quinten Poulsen
By comparison Walker has 30 in 46 over the same time period. smiling smiley

This.

But the two of them together... potent.

Very happy to say that I have total faith in JK these days. Stark contrast to how I felt at the time the reins were handed to him. He's really earnt my respect as a DOR. I was wrong about him and I'm glad I was.

I bet Visser wins on net tries (net = tries scored minus tries waved in!).

I'm not sure about that. Walker gets run over, but rather like Ross, has the raw pace to get back and make a last ditch tackle.

Visser's defence has never struck me as being that great, but he's the intercept king and great under the cross field kick, for fairly obvious reasons. He and Walker make a great pair. To be fair, even if he may have turned out to be a prat, Yarde offered something else again.

With him now re-signed, with Walker, Chisholm, Alofa, Aspland-Robinson, Jonas and I think another academy wing/fullback (and Cheeseman and Morris to), we look pretty well stocked.

 
Re: Visser is staying
blucherquin (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 19:31
Quote:
T-Bone
Quote:
Cookie
Quote:
BuckQuin
Quote:
Quinten Poulsen
By comparison Walker has 30 in 46 over the same time period. smiling smiley

This.

But the two of them together... potent.

Very happy to say that I have total faith in JK these days. Stark contrast to how I felt at the time the reins were handed to him. He's really earnt my respect as a DOR. I was wrong about him and I'm glad I was.

I bet Visser wins on net tries (net = tries scored minus tries waved in!).

I'm not sure about that. Walker gets run over, but rather like Ross, has the raw pace to get back and make a last ditch tackle.

Visser's defence has never struck me as being that great, but he's the intercept king and great under the cross field kick, for fairly obvious reasons. He and Walker make a great pair. To be fair, even if he may have turned out to be a prat, Yarde offered something else again.

With him now re-signed, with Walker, Chisholm, Alofa, Aspland-Robinson, Jonas and I think another academy wing/fullback (and Cheeseman and Morris to), we look pretty well stocked.

Erm. And our new England winger Nathan Earle.

 
Re: Visser is staying
Bucksquin (IP Logged)
01 February, 2018 08:33
Are we to read anything negative into the use of the word 'ultimately' in the phrase: "Ultimately, I think that John Kingston is taking the squad to a place that I want to be involved in ..."?

 
Re: Visser is staying
Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
01 February, 2018 09:57
Quote:
Bucksquin
Are we to read anything negative into the use of the word 'ultimately' in the phrase: "Ultimately, I think that John Kingston is taking the squad to a place that I want to be involved in ..."?

I'd say it reads positively.

 
Re: Visser is staying
Cookie (IP Logged)
01 February, 2018 10:48
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
Bucksquin
Are we to read anything negative into the use of the word 'ultimately' in the phrase: "Ultimately, I think that John Kingston is taking the squad to a place that I want to be involved in ..."?

I'd say it reads positively.

Given what I know he said earlier in the season, I laughed out loud at that rather overegged quote of TV's!


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net
 
 

Who is online?

Total users online:  

Most users online:  

Users on this site:  

Where are they?