rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

6N Tickets v Wales
simjam (IP Logged)
02 February, 2018 13:33
Single seats have just been made available for first XV members now.

Re: 6N Tickets v Wales
QuickerQuin (IP Logged)
02 February, 2018 13:40
Quote:
simjam
Single seats have just been made available for first XV members now.

What price?

Nemoquin (IP Logged)
02 February, 2018 13:41
I was going to thank you for this,but I then realised that I had been lured into paying 161 for a ticket!

blucherquin (IP Logged)
02 February, 2018 13:42
Quote:
Nemoquin
I was going to thank you for this,but I then realised that I had been lured into paying 161 for a ticket!

Itll be worth it

simjam (IP Logged)
02 February, 2018 13:43
[quote QuickerQuin][quote simjam]Single seats have just been made available for first XV members now.[/quote]

What price?[/quote
124 Quid appear to be the cheapest.

simjam (IP Logged)
02 February, 2018 13:52
Quote:
Nemoquin
Did you go for best available, because i went onto the ground plan and booked 2 singles for 124 each.

QuickerQuin (IP Logged)
02 February, 2018 17:17
Quote:
simjam
Quote:
Nemoquin
Did you go for best available, because i went onto the ground plan and booked 2 singles for 124 each.

Please excuse my ignorance.

Is that the face value of the ticket?

Is that for a seat in the front row of The Royal Box? (Irony)

124 quid?

Have we all gone mad? (Sarcasm)

Months KYT (IP Logged)
02 February, 2018 17:53
Disgusting . Not everyone can afford these prices

DOK (IP Logged)
02 February, 2018 18:00
When a match day ticket at the Stoop can cost you 61 on the day (looking at the Wasps game) can't get worked up about the national team, costing 2 to 3 times that.

simjam (IP Logged)
02 February, 2018 18:39
The whole point of this thread was to inform people who are first XV members there are tickets available.Now if you are a member you should be fully aware of England ticket prices and if you find them a bit overpriced then why become a member in the first place.And when it comes to high level international sport rugby isn,t really more expensive than any other.

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
02 February, 2018 18:41
Of course you can. Those are disgusting prices. What was the cheapest ticket for wasps?

blucherquin (IP Logged)
02 February, 2018 19:10
Quote:
RodneyRegis
Of course you can. Those are disgusting prices. What was the cheapest ticket for wasps?

Not sure how its a surprise - on another thread a bunch of people said I was silly when I explained wed got the worst category seats for England v Wales and they were 97 each. Well they are.

I agree the prices are now ludicrous. Category A seats are now 160.

So the RFU are getting well over a million quid in ticket sales alone per 6 Nations match.

ironquin (IP Logged)
02 February, 2018 19:25
Wait till May and watch England v Barbarians. 25 a ticket

blucherquin (IP Logged)
02 February, 2018 19:45
Quote:
ironquin

Mexican waves and a well below strength England side. No thanks.

wheeliequin (IP Logged)
02 February, 2018 21:42
Thanks so much simjam. 2 tickets purchased in same block. Delighted as I really wanted to go for my 50th. Slightly peeved I wasn't notified by email by ERSC though.

QuincyJones (IP Logged)
02 February, 2018 22:18
Quote:
DOK
When a match day ticket at the Stoop can cost you �61 on the day (looking at the Wasps game) can't get worked up about the national team, costing 2 to 3 times that.

That's top end for Quins. Looks like £124 is not even top end of England. I disagree DOK. It prices a huge, huge demographic of genuine fans out of experiencing a 6N match at HQ. Appalling.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
02 February, 2018 22:10
Quote:
QuincyJones
Quote:
DOK
When a match day ticket at the Stoop can cost you �61 on the day (looking at the Wasps game) can't get worked up about the national team, costing 2 to 3 times that.

That's top end for Quins. Looks like £124 is not even top end of England. I disagree DOK. It prices a huge, huge demographic of genuine fans out of experiencing a 6N match at HQ. Appalling.

124 is category 2.

Prices have risen very quickly over 12 months.

Only a couple of years ago Cat 1 were just over 100. Now theyre 160.

simjam (IP Logged)
02 February, 2018 22:29
Quote:
wheeliequin
Thanks so much simjam. 2 tickets purchased in same block. Delighted as I really wanted to go for my 50th. Slightly peeved I wasn't notified by email by ERSC though.

Don,t think anyone received an email, i went on the website on the off chance and saw tickets available for first XV members,did not expect any to be on sale once the ballots had been run to be honest.

DOK (IP Logged)
03 February, 2018 12:56
Sorry, but I can pay more than that to watch Roger Waters or Paul Simon this summer (or probably M&M if I could be bovvered). Everyone faced with the price of a ticket has to ask if they can afford it or what level they can afford.

I look at those prices for where those tickets are (and where the seats are within that) and say "No, not for me thanks". I don't argue that the RFU should lower it's ticket prices, I just say not for me. I'm a member of First XV, I could go if I fancied the price. I don't but I don't say the RFU is wrong to set that price.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
03 February, 2018 13:58
Quote:
DOK
Sorry, but I can pay more than that to watch Roger Waters or Paul Simon this summer (or probably M&M if I could be bovvered). Everyone faced with the price of a ticket has to ask if they can afford it or what level they can afford.
I look at those prices for where those tickets are (and where the seats are within that) and say "No, not for me thanks". I don't argue that the RFU should lower it's ticket prices, I just say not for me. I'm a member of First XV, I could go if I fancied the price. I don't but I don't say the RFU is wrong to set that price.

Eminem is 60 or 70 - and he only plays here every 4-5 years.

DOK (IP Logged)
03 February, 2018 17:37
Block U21, Row K, Seat(s) between 157 and 164
The original face value price of each ticket is 80.00 as indicated by the seller (C MPI)

And that's upper tier, in the middle.
Are you saying tickets in middle and lower are cheaper?
I can understand that. I'd pay more to be further away from M&M! smiling smiley

blucherquin (IP Logged)
03 February, 2018 18:44
Quote:
DOK
Block U21, Row K, Seat(s) between 157 and 164
The original face value price of each ticket is 80.00 as indicated by the seller (C MPI)

And that's upper tier, in the middle.
Are you saying tickets in middle and lower are cheaper?
I can understand that. I'd pay more to be further away from M&M! smiling smiley

Oh dunno - thats the ticket prices for residents so maybe theyre discounted

PeterboroughQuin (IP Logged)
03 February, 2018 20:56
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
ironquin

Mexican waves and a well below strength England side. No thanks.

Still a good day out so whatever!

QuickerQuin (IP Logged)
03 February, 2018 21:12
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
QuincyJones
Quote:
DOK

124 is category 2.

I spoke to the secretary of my rugby club this afternoon.

He assured me, categorically, that the most expensive tickets at Twickenham, for rugby internationals this year are 105. The cheapest are 40 odd.

Can you explain why yours are 160?

blucherquin (IP Logged)
03 February, 2018 21:14
Quote:
QuickerQuin
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
QuincyJones
Quote:
DOK

124 is category 2.

I spoke to the secretary of my rugby club this afternoon.

He assured me, categorically, that the most expensive tickets at Twickenham, for rugby internationals this year are 105. The cheapest are 40 odd.

Can you explain why yours are 160?

Sorry but hes wrong. And hes miles out with the prices.

Monte (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 09:43
The most expensive tickets available to Clubs are 105 but the best seats for Wales and Ireland are 130.

akb1 (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 10:52
The Email I received regarding ticket prices for each match from the RFU showed the prices below

Quote:
RFU Ticketing
Tickets are available at the following prices for both matches, subject to availability
105 / 96 / 88 / 79 / 65 / 41

Blucherquin, When I looked in early Jan the upper tier tickets were 65 so if you were charged more (not suggesting you weren't) then I think that is poor by the RFU.

Cookie (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 12:03
There are a couple of things in play, here.

Firstly, England matches are now tiered (they kind of were before):

A - New Zealand, Wales, Ireland, France, Australia, Scotland, and South Africa
B - Italy and Argentina
C - Samoa, Tonga, Fiji

Secondly, ticket prices have gone up.

But the key thing is that clubs who have surplus tickets used to supply them back to the RFU who would redistribute them at the same prices. Having done this for years at a local club and having built up a relationship with the office by taking anything they offered us, whenever they offered it, I would get 100+ for most of the games. Ireland was always tricky.

However, they recently introduced an official ticket exchange which puts a premium on the ticket prices. This creates a 'new face value' price.

That means that the RFU get all their money and the selling club makes a bit as well. Sadly, this creates a false economy and you have people sitting next to each other in the ground who will have paid different prices.

Not ony that, but for the Ireland and Wales games, we were only offered singles!

blucherquin (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 13:00
Quote:
akb1
The Email I received regarding ticket prices for each match from the RFU showed the prices below
Quote:
RFU Ticketing
Tickets are available at the following prices for both matches, subject to availability

Blucherquin, When I looked in early Jan the upper tier tickets were 65 so if you were charged more (not suggesting you weren't) then I think that is poor by the RFU.

Sorry to be dumb, but under what ticket allowances were you offered those prices. Only way I can get them is via Quins, First XV or residents ballots.

We got ours via residents ballot - category 4, upper tier, 94 or 95 quid (cant remeber)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2018 13:00 by blucherquin.

Cookie (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 13:06
Join any of the local junior clubs e.g. Thamesians, Whitton Lions, Old Isleworthians.

Each gets a (small) allocation and then a 2nd batch (again small) and then a 3rd tranche via the exchange which is where most clubs get their biggest batches. Clubs with more teams, minis, referees, ladies teams etc. get higher allocations (but obviously more members).

Trick is to find the ticket man/woman and keep them in beer as and when you see them.

It's even worth thinking about joining a northern club as a country member. On the old returns system they would send back a lot as it was a big trek for their members.

QuickerQuin (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 13:06
Quote:
akb1
Quote:
RFU Ticketing

The prices you quote are the prices IIRC quoted to me by my Club's secretary.

On what basis do you get your tickets akb1?

QuickerQuin (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 13:14
Cookie's post and mine were ships that passed in the night.

I have said on here (and elsewhere) for a long time. Make sure you are a member of a junior club and cultivate the secretary, or whoever, who puts the ticket orders in.

It's what the RFU tells you to do!

[www.eticketing.co.uk]

Cookie (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 14:20
Indeed. If your club doesn't go online to buy tickets on the third release and only take the original and supplementary allocations, you wouldn't know about the 'new face value's prices as that's the only time they apply.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 14:22
So they fleece the residents? And the First XV Members?

Cookie (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 14:24
Quote:
blucherquin

Yep. I turned down residents ballot tickets as they were 97 in the Upper Tier. Ridiculous.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 14:31
Quote:
Cookie
Quote:
blucherquin

Yep. I turned down residents ballot tickets as they were 97 in the Upper Tier. Ridiculous.

Well thats what we got. It was that or not go. If you could have mentioned it earlier a lot people might have stopped telling me I was wrong!!!

Right. Need to find someone in rural England who hates rugby but can join a club.

akb1 (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 14:36
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
Cookie
Quote:
blucherquin

Well thats what we got. It was that or not go. If you could have mentioned it earlier a lot people might have stopped telling me I was wrong!!!

Right. Need to find someone in rural England who hates rugby but can join a club.

I know I was one that questioned the price you said you had paid but I never said that you were wrong, I was amazed that the price was different to the prices I had been quoted as above.

QuickerQuin (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 14:40
Quote:
blucherquin

Unless I have missed the point (or a hidden joke, perhaps?)

Why would you do that?

Join a local(ish) club yourself.

Why would you want someone else to do it for you? On international days, I go to my club a few miles West of the Stoop, just off the A316 and watch the game there. I have been going there since Adam was in short trousers. If I wanted International tickets I can get them there.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 14:42
No sure - not being confrontational - just frustrating to be ripped off as a resident and by paying the RFU for access to tickets only to find them shoving their blazered first up my bottom.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 14:45
Quote:
QuickerQuin
Quote:
blucherquin

Why would you do that?

Why would you want someone else to do it for you? On international days, I go to my club a few miles West of the Stoop, just off the A316 and watch the game there. I have been going there since Adam was in short trousers. If I wanted International tickets I can get them there.

Coz I presume if its close to HQ, people take up the allocation and Id be at the back of the queue but if you live in Cumbria fewer will want to pay 100 per ticket and travel all the way to here and back as well.

Or are you saying Id be guaranteed tickets if I join a small club here?

Cookie (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 15:06
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
QuickerQuin
Quote:
blucherquin

Why would you do that?

Coz I presume if its close to HQ, people take up the allocation and Id be at the back of the queue but if you live in Cumbria fewer will want to pay 100 per ticket and travel all the way to here and back as well.

Or are you saying Id be guaranteed tickets if I join a small club here?

Best to speak to a couple of clubs and be open with them about your reasons for joining. Ask them what the likelihood is of getting tickets. I honestly couldn't say how likely it would be as it's a fairly fluid situation.

The point about joining a big northern club is that they would have a big allocation for not many who would travel down. However, back in the day they would send them back to HQ. Nowadays they can put them on the Exchange, so that's probably not the route forwards now.

QuickerQuin (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 15:12
blucherquin, from your username, I presumed that you were local to Twickenham.

I honestly cannot say if you would get tickets, but I think you probably would. Isn't there anyone you associate with who is a member of a rugby club in the South East.

To be honest, I had rather assumed that everyone was a member of 'another' club, and went to Quins to watch Premiership rugby.

No?

blucherquin (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 15:13
Quote:
QuickerQuin
I honestly cannot say if you would get tickets, but I think you probably would. Isn't there anyone you associate with who is a member of a rugby club in the South East.

To be honest, I had rather assumed that everyone was a member of 'another' club, and went to Quins to watch Premiership rugby.

No?

I am obvs local but no just a Quins member - no time for anything else and no interest in playing etc

Cookie (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 15:24
Quote:
QuickerQuin

No?

It used to be the case that you would get pretty much what you wanted at our club. But no more. Many left empty-handed, some didn't want to pay the prices and majority of the 3rd batch of tickets were singles. This is the first time it's happened as we got 100+ for the Autumn Internationals.

And there would be no need to get involved or play for the club, although you'd likely have to pick up the tickets from the club on the day.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2018 15:24 by Cookie.

Monte (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 18:55
You certainly cannot be guaranteed tickets from Surrey rugby clubs and sponsors are now taking more and more of the top tier tickets.

DOK (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 11:02

RocQuin (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 16:02
From my own experience with local clubs (in Surrey), the same people seem to win internal ticket ballots every time. Dead mans shoes situation.

QuickerQuin (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 16:13
Quote:

Pedant Corner

It is not three consecutive Grand Slams.

Cookie (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 16:33
Quote:
RocQuin
From my own experience with local clubs (in Surrey), the same people seem to win internal ticket ballots every time. Dead mans shoes situation.

Which is why it's a good idea to identify the ticket man and keep him in beer!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net