rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Re: Saints v Quins - Match Thread
FBQuin (IP Logged)
02 February, 2018 21:19
Magnificent We score and that could get us into the Semi Final. Never in doubt! (Irony here)

quinsfan123 (IP Logged)
02 February, 2018 21:19
Marchant has showed some real power and strength this game.

TW Quin (IP Logged)
02 February, 2018 21:21
Kitto should have started Wallace giving everything. Chisholms performing but generally we looked like rabbits in headlights no confidence against that saints iline up.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
02 February, 2018 21:23
So its cmon Sarries then!!!

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
02 February, 2018 21:25
Quote:
QuinAlan
The whole team have been abysmal tonight. We've not turned up at all. Really thought we had turned it around but this is dreadful. Think the ref has been a bit blind on offsides etc but we're very much beaten & hammered tonight. Well played Saints after their poor season so far.
Marchant scores after Quins pressure on Saints line.

Ref seems to miss a lot of offsides, hands in ruck, blocking runners...

Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
02 February, 2018 21:28
My word, that was a pitiful display. Saints were very good but they were just cruising. We had nothing. The coaches will be embarrassed by that.

Mayor West (IP Logged)
02 February, 2018 21:28
Oh dear, you do all realise that we have to cheer our nemesis on tomorrow .

RleQuin (IP Logged)
02 February, 2018 21:30
I have now realised what a bunch of stupid morons our entire team and coaching staff are!!
We needed one point so surely you come out and run everything is excellent conditions to score four tries and youíre through.
UTTER RUBBISH!!
RleQ

kevin (IP Logged)
02 February, 2018 21:32
Quote:
RleQuin
I have now realised what a bunch of stupid morons our entire team and coaching staff are!!
We needed one point so surely you come out and run everything is excellent conditions to score four tries and youíre through.
UTTER RUBBISH!!
RleQ
Easy if....

Hants Hog Dean (IP Logged)
02 February, 2018 21:38
Some of the comments on here re the players not being interested or committed are just pathetic. Northampton had 13 full internationals in their starting 15, whereas 3 of Quins 'top' players (Horwill, Wallace & Marchant) are just back injuries.

On the plus side, Wallace showed well and James Chis' was superb all game - won't even criticise him for not giving the ball iniside to his Bro' late on, as he could clearly see the covering Saints player would have nobbled Chris as soon as he received the ball.

TW Quin (IP Logged)
02 February, 2018 21:58
Quote:
Mayor West
Oh dear, you do all realise that we have to cheer our nemesis on tomorrow .

Very troubling prospect not sure possible but will use best endeavours

RleQuin (IP Logged)
02 February, 2018 22:25
Quote:
kevin
Quote:
RleQuin
UTTER RUBBISH!!
RleQ
Easy if....

Care to elaborate Kevin?
RleQ

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
02 February, 2018 23:49
Quote:
Hants Hog Dean
Some of the comments on here re the players not being interested or committed are just pathetic. Northampton had 13 full internationals in their starting 15, whereas 3 of Quins 'top' players (Horwill, Wallace & Marchant) are just back injuries.
On the plus side, Wallace showed well and James Chis' was superb all game - won't even criticise him for not giving the ball iniside to his Bro' late on, as he could clearly see the covering Saints player would have nobbled Chris as soon as he received the ball.

Nah. Jism was excellent as ever, but that was butchery if the highest order.

Navyquin (IP Logged)
03 February, 2018 07:45
Interesting to read other club boards reaction to last night with most saying how it appears Saints ignored the spirit of the competition.

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
03 February, 2018 09:08
They did, it was an insult. But so was our performance. It's ok to get beaten by a better side, but the performance we put out was unacceptable. The lineout went from superb last week to horrific this, and I fear a lot of that is due to Matthews not playing as well as gray soiling himself. Lewis is not fit for this level let alone the AP. I'll give Morris a pass this week as he's been out so long, but I remember a lot of very ropey performances before the couple of decent ones before his injury, perhaps those are the norm. But above all, the defensive effort was simply substandard, and that's not good enough whatever the makeup of the teams.

What team do people think we'll be putting out in the ap during the 6n? A lot of those players are likely to feature. This was not a team made up exclusively of kids and fringe players.

Bucksquin (IP Logged)
03 February, 2018 09:39
Anyone know why Horwill was replaced at half time? Not that I saw him contributing anything much in the first half (not match fit?) - seemed anonymous. Was it perhaps a pre-planned replacement to give both him and Twomey some game time as part of their recovery?

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
03 February, 2018 09:44
Quote:
RodneyRegis
...as well as gray soiling himself. Lewis is not fit for this level let alone the AP.

I'll give Morris a pass this week as he's been out so long...

Gray hasn't exactly been racking up the minutes the past few months. No pass for him?

Neither played well, criticism is justified. Consistency would be a nice change.

Bedfordshire Boy (IP Logged)
03 February, 2018 10:26
Quote:
Bucksquin
Anyone know why Horwill was replaced at half time? Not that I saw him contributing anything much in the first half (not match fit?) - seemed anonymous. Was it perhaps a pre-planned replacement to give both him and Twomey some game time as part of their recovery?

Had his right knee heavily taped in front of us about 30 minutes into the game, surprised if we see him next week (but fingers crossed it was only a precautionary replacement).

Mobbs (IP Logged)
03 February, 2018 12:42
I am not sure where the 'spirit of the Anglo-Welsh Cup' is written down, perhaps someone could enlighten me ! If it is to be a development competition then the redevelopment of the Saints first fifteen has to be our first priority after four absolute humiliations this seasons including our game against your goodselves at Twickenham. In addition, we take the A league seriously as well unlike a some of the 'big spender' sides who treat it with absolute contempt.

Always a pleasure to play the Quins.....good luck for the rest of the campaign.

talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
03 February, 2018 13:15
For any Quins fans complaining about the strong Saints team, how many players were we actually 'resting'?

Think we put out a pretty strong side based on what was available so not sure we can be too Steve Diamond about this.

kevin (IP Logged)
03 February, 2018 14:15
Quote:
RleQuin
Quote:
kevin
Quote:
RleQuin
UTTER RUBBISH!!
RleQ
Easy if....

Care to elaborate Kevin?
RleQ
...if there are personnel able to a) form the plan b) carry it out.

RleQuin (IP Logged)
03 February, 2018 15:17
Well, we scored two and butchered at least three other opportunities so that makes five in my view!!

And please will people stop going on about the spirit of the competition.
Iím sure this was invented by the first DoR who decided he was going to put out a rubbish team.
It is there to be won and, as in the old days, teams should put out their best sides.

We messed up again and for Rowntree to say he canít fault the effort is a complete joke.
We went without a solid plan, played a supposed weak team (I donít buy that) and got what we deserved - weíll done Saints is all I can say.
RleQ

DOK (IP Logged)
03 February, 2018 17:08
If the "spirit of the competition" was invented by a previous DOR, it's permeated the fabric of rugby pretty far. TV commentators, radio commentators, many comments from fans of other teams.

talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
03 February, 2018 17:27
Again, if we're complaining about the 'spirit of the competition' were we really upholding that with our team?

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
03 February, 2018 17:41
Quote:
talkshowhost86
Again, if we're complaining about the 'spirit of the competition' were we really upholding that with our team?

Yes.

RleQuin (IP Logged)
03 February, 2018 22:49
It looks like the first mention of it being used to develop squad players was in 2009/10 but for a few season after, the teams in the final were not far off 1st XVs from wat I can see. The reason given is that it is now being played in international windows.
But, itís not a rule and after all, it looks to me as though NHs squad players developed more than ours last night!
RleQ

fandg2 (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 10:30
Quote:
RleQuin

We messed up again and for Rowntree to say he canít fault the effort is a complete joke.

Phew at least there's someone else other than me who could'nt fault the effort, I was beginning to get worried.

Northampton played the game playing 'keep ball', kicking very little possession away. When Harlequins did get the ball their set piece with very poor, lineout a lottery (with NH winning most of the time) and the scrum always under pressure. Without much of a forwards platform it was always going to be an uphill battle. Throwing interceptions, missing tackles and having kicks charged down all made the uphill battle a mountain to climb. But, to the final whistle I never got any impression there was a lack of effort by the lads even though they'd been 'out gunned' most of the match.

TQUIN3 (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 10:35
Well it has been a while since I last contributed to this site (probably 3 years now) but here we are again.
I have to say naively I was looking forward to Friday night and was so disappointed with our inability to secure any decent first phase ball (line out shocking, scrum under pressure at times) plus inability to make tackles, catch the ball under pressure etc etc. So in conclusion we deserved to get battered and duly were.
In fairness Northampton took advantage and they have several big performances winning all the collisions etc etc
Mark Lambert was a standout for me, as was James Chisholm. For the first time I actually witnessed Wallace getting among it at breakdown and not just out on a wing. Pleased to see Marchant back, but both starting half backs struggled, although not helped by lack of really good front foot ball.
Now back to the league. Wonder if we will start with Kitto at 9 rather than Lewis? Need to sort the lineout next week otherwise we have big problems.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 12:02
Quote:
fandg2
Quote:
RleQuin

Phew at least there's someone else other than me who could'nt fault the effort, I was beginning to get worried.

Northampton played the game playing 'keep ball', kicking very little possession away. When Harlequins did get the ball their set piece with very poor, lineout a lottery (with NH winning most of the time) and the scrum always under pressure. Without much of a forwards platform it was always going to be an uphill battle. Throwing interceptions, missing tackles and having kicks charged down all made the uphill battle a mountain to climb. But, to the final whistle I never got any impression there was a lack of effort by the lads even though they'd been 'out gunned' most of the match.

Fair comments. We didn't play well, but it wasn't through lack of effort.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net