Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

French “head injuries”
blucherquin (IP Logged)
03 February, 2018 20:04
A new low?

Re: French “head injuries”
Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
03 February, 2018 20:39
A new low for the official match medic maybe. It was pretty farcical.

Bedfordshire Boy (IP Logged)
03 February, 2018 20:50
Pretty obvious that Nigel Owens didn`t believe that it was an HIA, thought the player might at least have had the good grace to walk off holding his head rather than hobbling.

QuickerQuin (IP Logged)
03 February, 2018 21:13
Didn't do them much good.

Re: French �head injuries�
talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
03 February, 2018 21:24
Ridiculous but not sure who's to blame.

The whole HIA system is still a bit flawed but not sure what they need to do to stop people taking advantage.

Samquin (IP Logged)
03 February, 2018 22:04
The French medic called HIA twice in this match for 2 unrelated injuries. Very similar to the Supposed prop head injury last season. The FRU are making a mockery of the rules in place to protect players.

Rocker (IP Logged)
03 February, 2018 22:29
Maybe they need to have an impartial medic like with refs? I agree it was farcical but if they have an "independent" wrfu medical officer the ref has to listen to him. There's also the problem that the medic won't want to be sued of he gets an hia call wrong and someone gets a bad result from a head injury.

Boffboy (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 07:15
Not sure any Quins supporters are any position to talk about cheating with substitutes

hamptonquin (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 08:05
Au contraire mon ami. Au contraire.

raedarius (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 08:44
Quote:
Boffboy
Not sure any Quins supporters are any position to talk about cheating with substitutes

Just so we're clear, how many generations of our families are also not allowed to talk about cheating?

Should we not have talked about cheating after Bloodgate? If I remember correctly, one or two of us did. If so, to whom should we apologise?

blucherquin (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 09:14
Quote:
Boffboy

Yes mon chere. Bless you, you’re a cutie.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 09:15
Quote:
raedarius
Quote:
Boffboy

Just so we're clear, how many generations of our families are also not allowed to talk about cheating?

Should we not have talked about cheating after Bloodgate? If I remember correctly, one or two of us did. If so, to whom should we apologise?

In North Korea they sentence three generations of a family for certain crimes. I doubt that's enough for some people though.

I guess Leicester fans also can't speak about cheating? Saints fans can't talk about acts of violence? Sarries fans can't mention the salary cap? Wasps can't mention London?

I hope Boffboy never had a speeding ticket or a parking fine... Not unless he was subsequently banned from driving for life.

T-Bone (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 21:24
In the game, Owens was asking someone if it was the match doctor who said it was a hia. Is that an independent doctor or does each team have one? First injury I thought he might have taken a knock on the way down. Second one was ridiculous. I'd say as blatant as bloodgate

Barnetsarrie12 (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 21:26
The First one could have been an HIA, I agree with T-Bone, the second one was a joke, that was in no way an HIA. This is now 2 seasons in a row that the french have done this and it should be stopped, every injury for them now is an HIA so they have enough time to treat the player and get him back on the field. I was supporting France yesterday until that incident, it makes a mockery of the rules and blatant cheating should always be discouraged.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 21:45
It’s an independent doctor.

6 Nations is now investigating.

thomh (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 22:12
Is it an independent doctor who gets their information from the team doctors/physios? That would make a bit of a mockery of the system.

kevin (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 22:24
Head injury related to injury to leg episode or previous incident? Any uncertainty as to when head injury did actually occur? Would a doctor risk getting decision incorrect? Backlash?

Robertquin (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 23:11
Quote:
kevin
Head injury related to injury to leg episode or previous incident? Any uncertainty as to when head injury did actually occur? Would a doctor risk getting decision incorrect? Backlash?

I must admit that's what I was thinking. If a player is limping but claims he's banged his head no doctor is going to refuse a head injury assessment.

T-Bone (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 23:59
Quote:
Robertquin
Quote:
kevin

I must admit that's what I was thinking. If a player is limping but claims he's banged his head no doctor is going to refuse a head injury assessment.

Yep, no doctor, ref or official is going to risk calling a player's bluff or getting it wrong

Not sure there's any suggestion the player claimed to need a hia on this occasion but you can see how it might creep in

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2018 00:01 by T-Bone.

QuickerQuin (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 06:29
He was an independent doctor....who just happened to be French.

AIUI.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 07:54
The doctor doesnt liaise with team doctor over the decision apparently. So it’s all very odd.

Boffboy (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 08:18
Quote:
blucherquin
The doctor doesnt liaise with team doctor over the decision apparently. So it’s all very odd.
Why would he feel it necessary to do so . He is a professional and can make his own decisions surely

blucherquin (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 09:02
Quote:
Boffboy
Quote:
blucherquin
Why would he feel it necessary to do so . He is a professional and can make his own decisions surely

I was answering the question above about how it works.

I don’t mean it’s odd they don’t liaise.

It’s odd that HIA decisions were made apparently in the absence of evidence. 2nd one could have been based on Nigel's hand signal. But can’t see how first one became HIA.

never sleep (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 09:33
Quote:
blucherquin
based on Nigel's hand signal.

My thoughts were that the second one had to be checked for HIA based on the hand signal given by Owen. I know that on review of the video it looked like a knee injury - but, the first call by the ref was for HIA.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net