rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

OTish : 6 Nations
Rocker (IP Logged)
03 February, 2018 22:35
Well so far the pundits seen to have got it more wrong than right. Ireland were going to match onwards casting ask before them, only just beat France and didn't look close to scoring a try.
Another new dawn for Scottish Rugby? Or perhaps not after an absolute demolition by Wales (granted I listened on the radio rather than watch but it didn't sound like Scotland were even in the match).
England Italy tomorrow, hopefully Conor doesn't have have another trick up his sleeve and of he did the England players have a bit more nous about them. I wait with expectation.

Re: OTish : 6 Nations
simjam (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 06:20
Can,t understand why many pundits have made Ireland favourites,ok they are very effective at times and have a chance of winning the championship but they are very one dimensional.

raedarius (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 08:45
Scotland played with the confidence of a world-beating team, but without the ability.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 09:07
Pundits aren’t that wrong.

Irish were very good if a bit “boring” in current terms, powerful experienced side, only went behind on a lapse and a great individual try.

Scotland lost primarily because of a young scrum half who had a shocking first 10,sadly. After that they were never going to recover.

Wales are playing differently, but punched holes very easily due to the errors of the Scots.

There will be some kind of “trick” today I reckon.

Dave L (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 09:08
Scotland played like us at our worst with the decision making of us at our worst. Wales played very well but Scotland absolutely gifted them 2 early tries and it was all uphill from there.

The difference between Ireland and France was Sexton. What surprised me about that game was just how little Ireland created throughout.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 09:16
Agree totally on Ireland’s lack of creativity.

They can win this year by winning ugly if sides can’t out power them but Sexton aside they looked very predictable.

DOK (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 09:27
Having read the guff that referees weren't going to take any remarks from anyone but captains and were going to ensure straight put ins to the scrum, in fact they penalised each offence once and then let life carry on as usual.

talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 09:56
Quote:
Dave L
Scotland played like us at our worst with the decision making of us at our worst. Wales played very well but Scotland absolutely gifted them 2 early tries and it was all uphill from there.
The difference between Ireland and France was Sexton. What surprised me about that game was just how little Ireland created throughout.

Yes I thought Scotland were very Quins-esque yesterday.

Poor defence and some very silly errors, and a malfunctioning line out to complete the similarities.

Unfortunately for them, Wales' defence were also excellent so Scotland couldn't rely on their attacking flair to get them out of trouble.

As for Ireland yes there wasn't much creativity but the conditions were pretty terrible so I don't think you can write them off yet.

Still think they are easily the best drilled team in the tournament and can see them winning it through power and accuracy alone.

Dave L (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 09:53
Quote:
talkshowhost86
Quote:
Dave L

Yes I thought Scotland were very Quins-esque yesterday.

Poor defence and some very silly errors, and a malfunctioning line out to complete the similarities.

Unfortunately for them, Wales' defence were also excellent so Scotland couldn't rely on their attacking flair to get them out of trouble.

As for Ireland yes there wasn't much creativity but the conditions were pretty terrible so I don't think you can write them off yet.

Still think they are easily the best drilled team in the tournament and can see them winning it through power and accuracy alone.

Agreed. I think they’ll probably make the least mistakes out of any of the teams and that’ll probably give them a very good chance of winning it.

I’d really love to see a solid flowing England performance today but get the feeling we may see a turgid first half.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 19:57
Well I thought we were very good.

Ford and Farrell today - really not sure how anyone can argue against the selection when they play like that.

Simmonds had a superb game - idea of Billy V, Robshaw and him at 7 is very alluring.

Good seeing the 4 Chiefs players who were on the field at the end getting together after each try one of them scored.

Johns (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 20:17
Scotland yesterday, did Cockers get MOC to help out their coaches?

1908 (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 20:45
Robshaw was excellent. His work rate allowed Simmonds to shine. Who will be the 9 on the bench against Wales? Robson was mentioned but don't rule out Wigglesworth.

Wales will be a much harder test. Can't see many...if any...changes. The clamour for Watson at 15 is getting louder but will probably fall on deaf ears.

T-Bone (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 21:41
Thought 2 of the 3 games were disappointing.

Wales v Scotland. Scotland awful, classic Scottish bottle job and media over hyping.

Wales were good against rubbish opposition. Raving about halfpenny after two walking ins is ott. Likewise, stef Evans was average bar one needlessly showy finish after clear forward pass. Good team performance though and should have scored more. Entertaining game.

Ireland v France was a horrible game. One brilliant finish, one ridiculous hia moment, one ballsy drop goal. Ireland play such dull, ugly rugby, reminiscent of sarries 5 years ago. So much for joe Schmidt's tactical brilliance. 80 mins of box kicking doesn't do it for me. I don't see anything to worry other teams.

England v Italy. Te'o selection flopped. Farrell excellent, Simmonds likewise and stupidly quick. Watson also good. May is not an intelligent player and despite his pace I don't think is that great. Brown and care quiet.

Youngs' injury looked nasty but maybe a blessing in disguise if we can get a third 9 in the mix. Robson not wiggle though.

Mako didn't live up to the hype.

Thought Italy played quite well. England got better but not that convincing.

Rocker (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 22:16
Ireland really are very dull. If it was England paying like that the media would be having a right go.
I don't think that anyone should be worried about them.
Wales, hard to tell, as Scotland were utter dross.
France were unlucky.
England were efficient but not terribly exciting, Scotland vs Italy for the wooden spoon again then,,.

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 22:26
Watson missed a few tackles that he needed to make; May absent on wing for one of Italy’s tries; Brown dropped one at start and grew into game without the opportunity to shine as midfield did the damage - ran one excellent dummy run for first try. Care showing he’s a better finisher? Nothing flashy - more industrial.

Simmonds had a good game - Robshaw everywhere he needed to be and some good runs. Mako and England front row squeezed quite a few penalties out of Italy's Front row, so not sure why he’s over-hyped.

England v Wales next week is going to be interesting - both having eased through first fixture: home advantage will be important and England by a score or two?

Man from LA (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 22:37
Not sure why people thought Farrell was excellent, he missed several tackles (again), only kicked the easy conversions, and butchered a certain try by passing to an Italian when he had no-one near him.

And he nicked Mike Browns customary position for Quins and England (2nd out) when the teams came out at the start (Sm9) Then again as goal-kicker, leader, part-time captain/coach and water-boy, he is more important than Mike (sic).

blucherquin (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 08:12
Quote:
Man from LA
Not sure why people thought Farrell was excellent, he missed several tackles (again), only kicked the easy conversions, and butchered a certain try by passing to an Italian when he had no-one near him.
And he nicked Mike Browns customary position for Quins and England (2nd out) when the teams came out at the start (Sm9) Then again as goal-kicker, leader, part-time captain/coach and water-boy, he is more important than Mike (sic).

That’s a bit odd if you don’t mind me saying so.

He had a good game and he and Ford creates tonnes of space with delayed passes and the lines Farrell ran.

According the stats he missed two tackles, same as a Robshaw and one less than Care.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net