16 - Gray
17 - Lambert
18 - Swainston/Mcnulty
19 - Twomey/Glynn
20 - South
21 - Lewis (reluctantly)
22 - Lang
23 - Chis sr

This is probably are strongest side bearing international absentees and injuries.
Hopefully, Clifford and Swiel will be with us soon

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2018 20:32 by quinsfan123.

Re: Probable starting XV for Wasps
SiBolton (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 20:47
We are going to get mullered

T-Bone (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 21:16
Is Roberts injured? If so maybe lang at 12

I'd have Ross starting at 15.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 21:10
Roberts is fine isn’t he? Just not selected for the kids tournament.

DOK (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 21:35
it's a premiership game, isn't it?

Nev's Left Boot (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 21:37
Morris
Visser
Marchant
Roberts
Alofa
Smith
Lewis
Boyce
Gray
Collier
Horwill
Twomey
Chisholm
Wallace
Luamanu

raedarius (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 22:22
This is the moment when we wonder what Roberts' contract says about the Six Nations period.

never sleep (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 13:44
15 - Morris
14 - Visser
13 - Marchant
12 - Roberts
11 - Chis sr
10 - Smith
9 - Kitto
8 - Luamanu
7 - Wallace
6 - Chis jr
5 - Horwill (c)
4 - Matthews
3 - Swainston
2 - Ward
1 - Boyce

16 - Gray
17 - Lambert
18 - Mcnulty / Collier (if fit)
19 - Glynn
20 - White
21 - Prior
22 - Alofa2
23 - Chis sr

although - there was a comment during commentary of the NH game that Morris was injured at the end. if that is the case - Chis sr starts at FB and Alofa at wing.

thomh (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 14:23
Quote:
raedarius
This is the moment when we wonder what Roberts' contract says about the Six Nations period.

I think we can be pretty sure that it doesn't say he can have the time off even if not selected by Wales.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 14:24
Quote:
raedarius

If he’s allowed not to play when he’s not selected for any size of squad then OShea was an even bigger idiot than I now think he is.

talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 14:33
A lot of the players mentioned in these teams were in the squad to play Northampton, so let's hope they can up their game.

If we really do want to have any thoughts of top 6, we have to win at the weekend.

fandg2 (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 15:11
Quote:
never sleep

although - there was a comment during commentary of the NH game that Morris was injured at the end. if that is the case - Chis sr starts at FB and Alofa at wing.

Yep, Morris's hand definitely went for his hamstring following his sprint down the wing in the dying minutes of Friday's game which prompted the commentary comment.

T-Bone (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 16:50
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
raedarius

If he’s allowed not to play when he’s not selected for any size of squad then OShea was an even bigger idiot than I now think he is.

Yes, what an idiot, overseeing our most successful period as a club.

DOK (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 19:40
And by definition presiding over our greatest deterioration. smiling smiley

blucherquin (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 20:45
Quote:
T-Bone
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
raedarius

Yes, what an idiot, overseeing our most successful period as a club.

Loved him at the time but it was all talk. He won with a squad that were already here, then totally failed to plan for what happened next. His signings were majority average, quite a few very poor. He gave the England boys all the power and had no team to replace them when they were away. The dressing room was left with no leaders and the England lot clearly angry that “the others” “let them down” while they were away (Brown couldn’t hide his contempt on the pitch a number of times a couple of years back).

So actually in retrospect I blame him equally for our slide into mediocrity as much as I remeber him fondly for our success under him. I think post 2012 his mind was on his next job and he didn’t really focus on the next few years for Quins as a club rather than just his immediate successes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2018 08:39 by blucherquin.

Scrumhead (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 08:09
Is Collier fit? Most people seemed to have named him in their sides but I hadn’t heard that he was back to match fitness?

Anyway, I’d go with:

1. Boyce
2. Ward
3. Swainston*
4. Twomey
5. Horwill
6. J. Chisholm
7. Wallace
8. Luamanu
9. Kitto
10. Smith
11. Visser
12. Roberts
13. Marchant
14. Alofa
15. R. Chisholm

16. Crumpton
17. Lambert
18. McNulty
19. Glynn
20. White
21. Lewis
22. Lang
23. Ibitoye/Cheeseman

*Collier if fit with Swainston dropping to the bench and McNulty dropping out of the squad

Wasps will probably have a pretty decent side out. They’ve only really got Haskell, Daly and Mullan missing from their first choice side (not sure when Gopperth is back).

They also played a team full of kids with very few Premiership starters on Sunday so we’ll most likely be facing a fresh side.

Could be a long day ...

T-Bone (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 08:58
McGuigan injured so not sure if Visser might get a call

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 09:27
Quote:
blucherquin
Loved him at the time but it was all talk. He won with a squad that were already here, then totally failed to plan for what happened next. His signings were majority average, quite a few very poor. He gave the England boys all the power and had no team to replace them when they were away. The dressing room was left with no leaders and the England lot clearly angry that “the others” “let them down” while they were away (Brown couldn’t hide his contempt on the pitch a number of times a couple of years back).
So actually in retrospect I blame him equally for our slide into mediocrity as much as I remeber him fondly for our success under him. I think post 2012 his mind was on his next job and he didn’t really focus on the next few years for Quins as a club rather than just his immediate successes.

Agree with most of this but his head was turned in 13/14 for me - previously he brought in the AW and A-side cup wins in 12/13, evidently thinking towards the future - and then stopped....

What was the duration of his original contract?

Fursty (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 11:45
Quote:
Scrumhead
Wasps will probably have a pretty decent side out. They’ve only really got Haskell, Daly and Mullan missing from their first choice side (not sure when Gopperth is back).

They'll be missing Launchbury and possibly Nathan Hughes too.

Scrumhead (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 15:17
How could I forget Launchbury and Hughes ... I posted before my brain had woken up this morning.

In any case, Wasps are likely to be fielding a significantly stronger side than we will be.

quinsfan123 (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 15:21
Will they though? They are marred by injuries and they're scrum is not particularly strong have a feeling Boyce and co will get the better of them in this area. As was seen when we last played them in that Europe dead rubber.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net