rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Salary Cap
HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 16:08
[www.premiershiprugby.com]

Premiership Rugby can today confirm that following the completion of the independent audit of Salary spend for the 2016-17 Season, it was established that Wasps had overrun their limit by £40,528.

In accordance with the Regulations, at this level of excess the Club will pay 50p per £1, being £20,264.

“This is not a breach of the Regulations and there is no suggestion it was deliberate,” said a Premiership Rugby spokesman. “A number of adjustments were identified by the independent auditors which resulted in the overrun. These have now been addressed.”

For full details on the Premiership Rugby Salary Cap and to view the Salary Cap Regulations please see www.premiershiprugby.com/salarycap

Read more at [www.premiershiprugby.com]

Might as well just go a break it, not much to stop you really is there!!

Re: Salary Cap
talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 16:26
I can imagine the Sarries lawyers filing that one away for future use.

ukms (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 19:05
Quote:
talkshowhost86

Or indeed the Quins lawyers .... never say never winking smiley

1876-Fez (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 21:08
Should have used our accountants...never be noticed then ;-)

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

Man from LA (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 22:48
Strange they should name them when they refused to name the 2 clubs who breached it by a lot more.

ninjafez (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 00:00
Quote:
Man from LA
Strange they should name them when they refused to name the 2 clubs who breached it by a lot more.

Quite simply the overspend tax was put in after the big fieasco hence the naming

Ninjafez - supporting Sarries and cleaning their signs since 2006!

Jammy Git (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 00:06
Quote:
talkshowhost86

What, a club being punished as per the rules for breaking the salary cap? That'd be anathema to Sarries, surely...

O Fortuna, velut luna statu variabilis,
semper crescis aut decrescis

talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 06:48
Quote:
Jammy Git
Quote:
talkshowhost86

What, a club being punished as per the rules for breaking the salary cap? That'd be anathema to Sarries, surely...

True.

Although I can just picture a Sarries statement leading with "Yes we broke the rules but we didn't mean to" just after they've happily paid a few million in fines for being 10m over the cap.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
14 February, 2018 13:17
The sanction is insufficient. Start docking points and playing behind closed doors.

If at first you don't succeed, Try, Try and Try again.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
14 February, 2018 13:18
Quote:
Scaramouche
The sanction is insufficient. Start docking points and playing behind closed doors.

Would do Quins fans a favour right now!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net