never sleep (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 18:49
Voted mom
Hell of a performance.
Well done Mike

Re: Mike Brown
Saracens23 (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 18:53
Absolutely. A fantastic performance and a well deserved MOTM.

never sleep (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 18:55
Personally,I would have gone for one of the forwards. They put in a shift and a half

talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 19:17
Superb today. Absolutely fantastic.

fandg2 (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 19:29
Farrell for me but no problem with Brown getting the nod

QuinAlan (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 20:09
Thought Mike was faultless & absolutely superb for England today. The last few games he's been fallible but not today. Really pleased for Mike. Back to his 100% best.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 20:51
Brown was very good. I'd have given Robshaw MOTM. He was absolutely everywhere, but then I guess he always plays to that standard.

TitusQuin (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 21:29
Quote:
QuinAlan
Thought Mike was faultless & absolutely superb for England today. The last few games he's been fallible but not today. Really pleased for Mike. Back to his 100% best.

Mike was excellent but he wasn't faultless(gave away a penalty and knocked on a high ball) so leave the blind loyalty to one side.

Farrell i thought showed he is world class.

If Billy was playing i think England would have had another 10 points. Those 2 Sarries boys are absolutely key to winning the world cup.

Mancquin (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 21:44
What will Barnes and Jones make of this in tomorrow's Sunday Times. They have been pushing for Brown to be dropped and Watson to FB for some time. Before that it was Alex Goode. They don't rate Care or Robshaw either. Their attitude to Quins has gone beyond annoying for me. It is now unprofessional.

Saintquin (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 22:02
Thought Launchbury had a great game!

Harlequins, (was once) probably the best rugby club in the world!
(Sm115)(Sm115)(Sm115)

Monte (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 22:06
Well LOl seems very pro Mike Brown at present

southquin (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 22:31
Even with my Quins blinkered eyes my vote would have been Launchbury. thought he did one hell of a turn.

Robbo was Robbo, he's here he's there, he's every bl@@dy where.

And TitusQuin, the one he knocked on he was impeded (touched i'll grant you) before he went up and the penalty was not his fault at all. He didn't get himself isolated the forwards gave him no support though there were plenty around.

Good old fashioned brave FB performance. I hear EJ lost his rag with journos who give him a hard time.

akb1 (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 22:58
[twitter.com]
Eddie Jones on Mike Brown 'You're always criticising him, now he has a good game you're on the bandwagon...'

southquin (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 23:27
Very well put Eddie

DOK (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 00:03
"He's been excellent for 23 test for us" - regardless of how long it's taken, if the media is finally recognising his contribution then I'm very pleased for him.

T-Bone (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 01:18
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Brown was very good. I'd have given Robshaw MOTM. He was absolutely everywhere, but then I guess he always plays to that standard.

Completely agree.

11 February, 2018 06:05
Quote:
TitusQuin
Quote:
QuinAlan

Mike was excellent but he wasn't faultless(gave away a penalty and knocked on a high ball) so leave the blind loyalty to one side.

If Billy was playing i think England would have had another 10 points. Those 2 Sarries boys are absolutely key to winning the world cup.

According to the analysis after the match Farrell missed 7 tackles!

sarricen (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 06:49
Quote:
unQUINtested scrums
Quote:
TitusQuin
Quote:
QuinAlan

According to the analysis after the match Farrell missed 7 tackles!

I think this is a perfect example of where stats can be misleading. Sarries usually have the most missed tackles in the league but the least tries conceded, because of our rush Defense which involves the first defender rushing up to close down the space for outside attackers. This is usually always Faz doing this and ends up with there being a lot of one on one tackles which are easy for the attacker to evade then get enveloped by the rest of the Defense.

Faz plays a similar role for England, though I honestly canít remember how much the tactic was used for England. I personally canít remember any significant missed tackles, but I do remember him creating two turnovers from great tackles and another great hit combining with Lawes

Dave L (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 07:17
Quote:
Mancquin
What will Barnes and Jones make of this in tomorrow's Sunday Times. They have been pushing for Brown to be dropped and Watson to FB for some time. Before that it was Alex Goode. They don't rate Care or Robshaw either. Their attitude to Quins has gone beyond annoying for me. It is now unprofessional.

8 for Brown, 8 for Care but 5 for Robshaw. Thinks itís time to give one of the other blindsides a go. Even though he was playing at open side yesterday, even though Jones has shown no issue with him. Donít know why I looked at it...

Kent Fan (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 08:21
Love mike to bits and glad he has got recognition however he was much better 2 to 3 years ago as he doesnít carry as well as he has previously. Makes yards but just seems a bit vulnerable when tackled and laying the ball back.

Thought Chris was great again but we missed Billy V as mentioned above.....mako, Jamie George, Maro, Courtney didnít carry with any effect and Simmons was also snuffed out / nullified by Wales heavy gang tackling. Joe Launchbury had a big game while Kris anonymous and not a finisher yesterday.

sarricen (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 08:29
Quote:
Kent Fan
Love mike to bits and glad he has got recognition however he was much better 2 to 3 years ago as he doesnít carry as well as he has previously. Makes yards but just seems a bit vulnerable when tackled and laying the ball back.
Thought Chris was great again but we missed Billy V as mentioned above.....mako, Jamie George, Maro, Courtney didnít carry with any effect and Simmons was also snuffed out / nullified by Wales heavy gang tackling. Joe Launchbury had a big game while Kris anonymous and not a finisher yesterday.

Simmonds was also snuffed out by Italy in the first half so no surprises wales did that. Whether he could have had an impact is unknown but a great second half against a tiring Italy team does not justify the hype (at 8 at least). Against top defenses and fit sides I doubt his carrying will ever have much impact to justify playing at 8

6/7 is another matter though

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 09:01
Quote:
Dave L
Quote:
Mancquin

8 for Brown, 8 for Care but 5 for Robshaw. Thinks itís time to give one of the other blindsides a go. Even though he was playing at open side yesterday, even though Jones has shown no issue with him. Donít know why I looked at it...

5? And they get paid to produce this cr*p?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2018 09:03 by Quinky Kin.

Mayor West (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 09:20
Simmonds may have been neutralised in attack but his defensive qualities were not. Saved the game for us. The conditions dictated the forward based game and all the kick tennis that Mike took care of. How anybody could give the Robshaws 5, unless that's 5 each making 10, wasn't watching the same game as the rest of us. Not sure how anybody in that game could get less than 7.

T-Bone (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 09:41
Two games in a row Simmonds has failed to control the ball at the back of a scrum and kicked it back in. He's got away with it both times due to re-sets, but needs to sort that out. Though admittedly not a huge issue if his long term international future is on one of the flanks

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 11:13
I think that people need to credit the Welsh defence too, which was colossal. It was a very hard and very close game.

tigerburnie (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 14:39
There were a lot of good performances, May, Launchberry as well as Brown and the afore mentioned Farrel had good games, I thought the side lacked leadership though, George really should start over Hartley who is the weakest link.

Nookes (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 14:55
Re Mike Brown - As above Eddie Jones says it all! Maybe we need to listen to and take note of what Eddie says. I'm afraid comments on here mean absolutely nothing, everyone is England's Coach and know so much better than Eddie! THEY WISH!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net