rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

My Honest Review
Southwest Quin (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 14:50
So todays game against Wasps, here's my thoughts:

Across many years of being a Quin's fan through thick and thin I have never witnessed a performance lacking in commitment, loyalty or belief.

How can a team who position themselves as a premium product produce such tripe, this isn't a club who charges peanuts for tickets but in fact is more expensive than many premiership football clubs!

Today's performance, which is still on going as I write this, has been nothing short of amateur and frankly insulting to me as a Quins fan.

The club seriously needs to establish if these players/coaches are either:
A: committed to the club
B: just here of the pay check
C: suitable for premiership standard

I have always posted positive reviews and supportive comments on this board and been critical of those who seemed to be overly harsh, but to them I apologise, you saw the writing on the wall last season and I dismissed you as being overly negative, you were/are correct.

I will always support Quin's, but after this disgusting performance lacking in any respect to the fans who pay their hard earnt to watch rugby I am struggling to see why I should part with any more of my money.

No excuse for this shocking performance.

Looking forward to the challenge cup next year and whatever it may bring.

I'm going for a beer.

Re: My Honest Review
HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 14:53
I prefer the Challenge cup myself. Less chance of a beating and we sometimes do quite well

ironquin (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 15:12
Quote:
HonkyTonk
I prefer the Challenge cup myself. Less chance of a beating and we sometimes do quite well

+1

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 15:12
I'm personally delighted that Kingston has finally been able to build his own squad. Dave Lewis is a triumph.

Southwest Quin (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 15:18
Lmfao Rodney!

ArchQuin (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 15:28
That was embarrassing - against 14 as well 😣

Monte (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 15:45
+1 for Chllenge Cup

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 15:50
Maybe we should start a JK in group, to make sure we get in the Challenge cup

SiBolton (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 16:23
That was bloody awful today
No idea why Kitto didnít start, wish he had
We missed so many opportunities I lost count

BUT, they had 14=men and we still could get a LBP, the problems seem far more deep routed than a DOR problem, some of the team really need to take a good look at themselves

talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 16:31
Quote:
SiBolton
That was bloody awful today
No idea why Kitto didnÔŅĹt start, wish he had
We missed so many opportunities I lost count

BUT, they had 14=men and we still could get a LBP, the problems seem far more deep routed than a DOR problem, some of the team really need to take a good look at themselves

But if there is a deep rooted problem, doesn't that start with the DOR?

He's the man who has to sort out those problems and he's simply not doing that.

Cookie (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 16:43
Yeah, let's aim for the Challenge Cup and reward the mediocrity of our expectations. Good grief.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 16:50
Quote:
Cookie
Yeah, let's aim for the Challenge Cup and reward the mediocrity of our expectations. Good grief.

Well the Big Cup is obviously way above our level.

Bellyfull (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 16:51
I canít believe how anyone can defend what is going on at Quins. And if they can perhaps they should be playing as there defence must be better than ours.

Scrumhead (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 17:20
Agreed. By and large, Iíve defended the team/coaching set-up. However, the performances in the last few weeks have been indefensible.

If Iím honest, I looked at the Wasps lineup before kick off and thought we would be lucky to win. Their 23 was far stronger than ours but to lose that heavily to a team playing with 14 men for 65mins is a huge embarrassment.

I didnít hear any post match comments as I switched off in disgust but Iíd love to hear what JKís justification for that performance is.

I donít currently have any faith in our ability to get anything at Welford Road and on this form, the only thing not pulling us into relegation contention is London Irishís lack of points.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2018 17:21 by Scrumhead.

Bucksquin (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 17:29
JK's post-match interview simply agreed it wasn't acceptable.

So there's a revelation.

DOK (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 17:33
To be fair, I had both this game and next weekend's game marked down as "L".
However, that's scant solace given a performance like that. That was absolutely shocking. Am actually going to Welford Road for the first time next weekend, while I'm looking forward to it, I'm looking forward to it slightly less now! smiling smiley

I did get jumped on when I said on here last year that we were better being a big frog in a small pond playing the challenge cup than trying to cover European Cup rugby.

The Dead Baron (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 17:36
Quote:
DOK
I did get jumped on when I said on here last year that we were better being a big frog in a small pond playing the challenge cup than trying to cover European Cup rugby.

Which is the same as my (repeated - sorry!) comment that we are NOT a top 4 team and never have been. We don't have the mentality to be so. Mentalities can change, of course, but God only knows how will be able to make that change in an attitude so engrained.

Mr_B (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 17:36
So many bad points from that game I don't know where to start. Appalling from pretty much the whole squad up against 14 for 65 minutes. Thank god they didn't have 15 on the pitch as we'd have been in triple figures against us. Embarrassing today.

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 17:38
It was quite different from the usual offering.

Navyquin (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 18:33
Quote:
The Dead Baron
Quote:
DOK

Which is the same as my (repeated - sorry!) comment that we are NOT a top 4 team and never have been. We don't have the mentality to be so. Mentalities can change, of course, but God only knows how will be able to make that change in an attitude so engrained.

Headed to Welford Road for the first time also and like yourself I am slightly less excited about it now.

SussexMightyQuin (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 20:42
All the comments on here arguing we should settle for the Challenge Cup will no doubt be music to Mr Ellis (if the theory that mid table mediocrity is all the board now aspire to is to be believed)

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 21:10
Never said settle, just that it is more enjoyable as we are obviously not good enough for the main comp!!! We are not a very good team. The odd decent performance just papers over the cracks and raises a few peoples hope that things will get better. They wont, our defence in general is laughable, we concede far too many points. Our attack is pretty blunt unless Care or Smith are producing some magic. The performances we produce with the squad we have is criminal. Dont get me wrong, we are not world beaters but we have some really good players but as a team we are pretty powder-puff at times.
JK is not the man for me and that also applies to much of the coaching team. People say "who else is out there then" there is always someone out there. Does not have to be someone out of work. Saints managed to bring someone in for next season. It helps if you look rather than just shifting the deckchairs on the Titanic. We missed a trick not starting with a clean slate when COS left and the down turn continues. We have made some good signings for next season but I am not expecting much of a season again. Sorry state of affairs right now. I hate criticising individuals but there is no defending some right now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2018 21:12 by HonkyTonk.

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 23:19
Here is tonightís forecast:-

Shipping points forecast

Issued at: 00:15 on Mon 12 Feb 2018 UTC
For the period 06:00 on Mon 12 Feb 2018 UTC to 06:00 on Sun 20 Feb 2018 UTC
The general synopsis at 1800:-

Low 10 miles west of London, 32 pts expected way behind Leicester 38 pts by 1800 next Sunday.

Gale warning - issued: 16:00 on Sun 11 Feb 2018 UTC

Northpesterly storm force 10 now decreased severe gale force 9

Wind: mostly out of the whoopy cushion
Sea state: Rough or very rough.
Weather: Absolute shower.
Visibility: Very poor, occasional glimpses

blucherquin (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 07:08
Quote:
SussexMightyQuin
All the comments on here arguing we should settle for the Challenge Cup will no doubt be music to Mr Ellis (if the theory that mid table mediocrity is all the board now aspire to is to be believed)

A theory made up entirely by people on this board.

Lots wrong with the playing side and coaching right now - but not sure we have to turn to the tinfoil hat, grassy knoll brigade just yet.

12 February, 2018 08:34
I don't really know what the board are thinking to be honest. They keep talking about challenging at the top, so on that side it's hard to say that they've accepted we're a Challenge Cup team.

But at the same time they've extended the contracts of a coaching team that had taken us to 9th. So that does suggest they think JK is doing the right thing.

All very odd and not very inspiring either way.

Dave L (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 09:35
With regards to ambition to be a top rugby club. I think they have all the ambition, a lot of the infrastructure and a good brand. But no real practical idea of how to get there or improve matters.

I could accept yesterday if it was a one off but the level of cluelessness happens on a frighteningly regular basis.

Bellyfull (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 09:47
The overriding question is player attitude one week we appear to give 100% next it looks about 30% and canít be bothered. Either players are taking money on false pretences, coaches are clueless and unable to motivate or both.

Scamble (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 13:09
We've become the new Gloucester.

DOK (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 13:12
I don't think someone like Fitzpatrick is the kind of person to be involved with a team aiming for mid table mediocrity. Yes, we're achieving that, but we're certainly aiming higher. We've heard it from the board and we've heard it from the coaches. What we aren't doing is achieving it and it's hard to tell this week what sort of progress we're making.

While we played well but were losing, I wouldn't describe myself as happy, but I was kind of satisfied that we were moving in the right direction and soon we might even win a game. After that horror show yesterday, I'm not so sure.

When I look at the famous roadmap We're on 32 points, whereas we need 34 to end up 6th, according to the map. So we're one win off where we should be. We need to beat Tigers, Sarries, Glos, Worcester or Chiefs and we'll be back on track.

The season is not lost just because of one poor game, but between the coaches and the team someone (lots of someones) need to get a grip!

Cookie (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 13:13
Quote:
Scamble

Nah. Gloucester made changes and now sit in 4th.

Ollyonline (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 13:30
Quote:
Bellyfull
The overriding question is player attitude one week we appear to give 100% next it looks about 30% and canít be bothered. Either players are taking money on false pretences, coaches are clueless and unable to motivate or both.

Agree.

The players just did not look like they wanted it. A couple of times I saw Sinkler standing on his own when there was an injury break or reset. Just looks like there is something up and unfortunately for JK it needs to start from the top.

Scamble (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 13:37
Quote:
Cookie
Quote:
Scamble

Nah. Gloucester made changes and now sit in 4th.

Indeed

Stooperman (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 13:52
Quote:
DOK
I don't think someone like Fitzpatrick is the kind of person to be involved with a team aiming for mid table mediocrity. Yes, we're achieving that, but we're certainly aiming higher. We've heard it from the board and we've heard it from the coaches. What we aren't doing is achieving it and it's hard to tell this week what sort of progress we're making.
While we played well but were losing, I wouldn't describe myself as happy, but I was kind of satisfied that we were moving in the right direction and soon we might even win a game. After that horror show yesterday, I'm not so sure.

When I look at the famous roadmap We're on 32 points, whereas we need 34 to end up 6th, according to the map. So we're one win off where we should be. We need to beat Tigers, Sarries, Glos, Worcester or Chiefs and we'll be back on track.

The season is not lost just because of one poor game, but between the coaches and the team someone (lots of someones) need to get a grip!

The problem is DOK that the Roadmap is quite heavily stacked towards picking up points at the end of the season from teams which might have been fair game last year but are actually a lot better this year (The roadmap has us beating Bath at home, & Gloucester away.) To achieve the 6th place of the roadmap we need to pick up 23 points from 8 games, so we have to win 5 games and get 3 losing bonus points (yes we could pick up the odd try bonus point or two, but it doesn't really change the fact we need to win 5.

Of the away games, Saracens is probably a no hoper, Gloucester would be an excellent performance to get an LBP, a win at Leicester is achievable (but not very likely given we will still be missing our leaders, and a win at Worcester is an absolute must - but not guaranteed given their recent form. Likely outcome between 6 and 8 points.

The home games, we absolutely have to and should take 5 points from the LI game, Newcastle is 50/50 but lets assume we win it, Bath is in the balance, but again lest say a narrow win, and a losing bonus against Exeter is probably the best we can hope for. So 14 points with any luck from home games. I'd say that leaves us at least 2 points short of 6th,

So I'd say if we perform well for the remainder of the season we could finish 7th. The likely bet is 8th, 9th would be disappointing & 10th would be a disaster.

All in all, with the exception of the halcyon years from 2011 - 2014, a pretty standard year for Quins. I think our median finish since professionalism began is 8th.

I suppose the worrying thing is that the guys we rely on to keep us 8th or above (Care, Robshaw,Brown, Horwill) are getting a bit long in the tooth, & after a standard 8th or 7th in 2018/19, we may have a bit of a bad season in 2019/20 when we have to look for replacements for these guys.

ChipsteadQuin (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 13:56
My Honest Review :-

In the first half we were arguably the better side but coughed up a hatful of scoring opportunities close to the line with a whole variety of errors, if a couple had stuck it would have been a whole different ball game but at 10 -15 there was hope .

Im not sure what the half time team talk comprised of but in the second period we looked like a Barbarian side that hadn't been introduced properly .

I suppose in situations like that we should look to the more experienced players to get a grip , but that didn't happen , and apart from Lewis Boyce and Joe Marchant who put in good performances , there was a collective brain freeze.

The frustration is that it was against 14 men and a missed opportunity .

Its reasonable to expect that after 45 mins with the score at 15 -15 ( against 14 men ) we should go on and win , but it just goes to show that playing 15 v 14 is about mental attitude for both sides and they handled it better.

Psychologist Out ! ( Or in if we don't have one !)

12 February, 2018 14:27
Quote:
DOK

I think the roadmap looks tremendously optimistic now.

It has us winning at home to Newcastle and Bath (unlikely if we play like we did yesterday) and winning away at Worcester and Gloucester (extremely unlikely if we play like we have all season away from home).

And on top of winning those four games, we now need to win one of the others because of the result yesterday (away at Leicester and Sarries or home to Exeter).

Seems a tall order for a team that can't put away (or even get a bonus point) a side with 14 men for 65 minutes.

QuinAlan (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 18:38
Tigers have problems of their own, so stealing a win up there is not out of the question, but to do it we will need a performance the like of which we havent seen yet. We are so infuriatingly inconsistent that all could turn around next week. When we get all our best players on the field then we can take on anyone. The worrying thing for me is how we have a half decent run, then totally implode for a few games. This seems to happen regularly & these feel like they are getting worse.

Bellyfull (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 18:49
Players in many games are lazy, they can all tackle but you would not think that to be the case, sometimes I think some bottle it . This is not acceptable ,

On Kingston he says he didnít put the squad together so wants time is he saying COS brought in players without consulting his head coach, if so all very strange and if he is doing the same heaven help us.

kevin (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 21:31
Quote:
DOK
I don't think someone like Fitzpatrick is the kind of person to be involved with a team aiming for mid table mediocrity. Yes, we're achieving that,!

Whoa there, my friend! Take stock, look at table.

DOK (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 21:58
I think you're missing the word "aiming" there.

kevin (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 12:56
DOK
I was inferring that we are actually below mid table mediocrity!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net