rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

KINGSTON OUT OUT OUT
Boffboy (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 14:54
Yes some may find this boring and repetitive, but I think the majority of supporters feel the same

Re: KINGSTON OUT OUT OUT
WellingQuin (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 14:59
After recently signing a new contract, can't see this happening any time soon.

Southwest Quin (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 15:01
I believe the Gloucester coach has the decency to resign last season after a shocking 2nd half performance, perhaps JK should take note!

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 15:04
That poor performance was down to players being blind and clueless - nothing JK could have said would have made a difference. Chances wasted before half time. No leadership on the field after half time.

Blame JK as I am sure many will, but that was lost on the field by the players.

But something has got to change.

Completely fed up after that.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 15:05
JK and the coaches blameless???

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 15:07
Donít think they could have made it any worse!

talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 15:08
Quote:
Bolly-Quin
That poor performance was down to players being blind and clueless - nothing JK could have said would have made a difference. Chances wasted before half time. No leadership on the field after half time.

Not JKs fault?

Unbelievable.

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 15:08
Come on guys, we nearly got a bonus point. Give them some credit.

Thought Lewis was flawless today.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 15:09
Quote:
Boffboy
Yes some may find this boring and repetitive, but I think the majority of supporters feel the same

Agree with the sentiment now but pointless

11 February, 2018 15:11
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
Boffboy

Agree with the sentiment now but pointless

Yup unfortunate the board have decided that this is good enough so we just have to put up with it for the foreseeable.

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 15:11
It was pathetic and of course JK and other coaches share some blame, but the players blew so many chances - and that is down them playing abysmally.

ironquin (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 15:15
CAULIFLOWER BRAIN

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 15:24
Quote:
talkshowhost86
Quote:
Bolly-Quin

Not JKs fault?

Unbelievable.

I know you wish to make your point, but I think you may have missed mine.

The performance was certainly unbelievable.

I am not suggesting that the coaching set up are not to blame, but on this occasion, and there were so many examples, our players just made the wrong decision or failed to play basic rugby that it was beyond the coaches grasp.

WoTQuin (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 15:25
Does anybody know why he was given a new contract at this stage of the season and our league position? Were a top French club or even Rotherham Titans after him?

11 February, 2018 15:26
If the players can't do the basics that suggests terrible coaching to me. We know they're decent players so how can they then turn in a performance like that?

SaintsMan87 (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 15:26
Didnít Quins post a £3m loss? Maybe you canít afford to go replacing coaches and to be fair your missing a huge % of your leaders

11 February, 2018 15:27
Quote:
SaintsMan87
DidnÔŅĹt Quins post a ÔŅĹ3m loss? Maybe you canÔŅĹt afford to go replacing coaches and to be fair your missing a huge % of your leaders

JK? Is that you?

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 15:33
Itís hugely frustrating, indeed - but these basics were more basic than that I was hoping our coaches were trying to coach.

But occasionally, they do perform - the inconsistency is horrendous.

Itís not good enough and something has to change. As you say, they are decent - we need someone to make sure they remain consistently decent.

11 February, 2018 15:38
Basic defending poor, decision making poor, our no 10... IMHO decidedly average.... and mostly against 14 men!!!

kevin (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 15:40
Quote:
Harleys Evil Step Mum
Basic defending poor, decision making poor, our no 10... IMHO decidedly average.... and mostly against 14 men!!!
To be fair to Smith he had to cope with a very poor 9 and 12.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2018 15:44 by kevin.

Bellyfull (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 15:41
He is a disgrace to quins got us relegated once and trying his hardest to do it again. But Easter and mapletoft are as bad .wonder if the long term plan is get relegated canít afford to carry on so sell stoop to developers. Cannot see any other reason to keep Kingston on.

ArchQuin (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 15:52
Too late now - new contract - he'll be laughing all the way to the bank !

Dusty bin (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 17:04
He HAS to go. If he is not sacked then he should do the decent thing and resign. We have good enough players, they are just not doing the right thing- who's fault is that??...its Kingstons fault of course.
How bad does it have to get before he takes responsibility and let someone else have a go? Anyone will do...... Google would do better, just let the players watch some YouTube videos before the game. Just Google "how to beat a team with 14 men for nearly the whole game" FFS

Nickevans10 (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 17:37
JK Iím sure will still claim the top 4 is still on no doubt. Itís clear that game management & having a structure where players work as a unit to sort out issues doesnít seem to be apparent. Anyway Iíd say top 6 is gone for now. Letís see who arrives & leaves this summer player wise.

Quaking Quin (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 17:42
Good to see the perennial rose-tinted ones remain firmly behind their man!!

FBQuin (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 17:43
Have spoken about this before on here about this and unless something drastic happens like relegation next season or an Act of God, we are stuck with our current coaching set up. Even my 17yr old who sits with me every home game said today " I don't want to get like the toxic nature of football fans, but something has to change we have got worse since we won the Premiership 7 years ago." Wise words or a youth talking rubbish? They are the future fans and he also said "perhaps we should review our season tickets next year. As we could spend our money on better things!" Makes you think eh?
What did I see today? I saw probably the worst performance from a Quins side for years. Conceding 40 odd points against a team with only 14 men? I firmly believe that some of our players have not bought into "The Kingston way" I never hear any player at a press conference speak up for the JK Way and say he's doing the right thing.
We need a new broom to sweep through the club. New coaches with new ideas. Don't keep employing ex players because familiarity breeds contempt. Forget about developing the ground to house 25,000 fans, we will be lucky if we have 250 fans by then. I know a few fans who have said they are not renewing next year and I don't think with the way the club is being run anyone will be taking their place!

blucherquin (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 19:09
Quote:
Quaking Quin
Good to see the perennial rose-tinted ones remain firmly behind their man!!

Who? There isnít a single post on here supporting him.

Buzzboy (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 19:39
Chins up people. Yes you were not great today but you came cross the team who were desperate to avenge that European loss at yours a few weeks ago. We played with great skill to manage the loss of Eastmond and there were some incredible (world class) skills out there from Willis, Cipriani and Le Roux.
Good luck for the rest of the season. With some of your injured guys and internationals back, Iím sure top 6 is possible at least.

Quaking Quin (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 23:07
blucherquin - it's called 'irony'.

Good to see you are still ahead of the curve.........

raedarius (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 23:28
Quote:
Buzzboy
Chins up people. Yes you were not great today but you came cross the team who were desperate to avenge that European loss at yours a few weeks ago. We played with great skill to manage the loss of Eastmond and there were some incredible (world class) skills out there from Willis, Cipriani and Le Roux.
Good luck for the rest of the season. With some of your injured guys and internationals back, Iím sure top 6 is possible at least.

If you were looking to avenge the European loss, you should have been focusing on Haskell, not us.

Jammy Git (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 23:58
Quote:
Harleys Evil Step Mum

Smith was far from average (and I don't get the criticism of Roberts). He made breaks and put people into space, set up at least one score and it wasn't his fault we butchered several more. Once the game was basically dead he made some poor decisions to kick - this is not unexpected from an inexperienced player.

Also can't agree that Roberts was bad, he picked some good lines, defended pretty well, and generally provided the sort of go-forward that he was signed for.

Lewis being atrocious was a big problem, Dave Ward being a one man discipline meltdown was another, Charlie Matthews being soft and missing loads of tackles was a third, and fan favourite Mat Luamanu yet again failing to show the sort of impact you'd get from a top quality Premiership 8 didn't help. Add in Glynn being anonymous, Archie White still not showing any reason why he should be in the squad, and a bunch of individual errors, allied to an awful defensive system, and the fact that at times we played some really good rugby gets rightly flushed down the toilet of a 44-22 home loss to 14 men.

But to give Wasps credit, as soon as they sniffed blood they tore into us with ball in hand, and Jack Willis was unplayable at the breakdown. Second try was forward, mind winking smiley

O Fortuna, velut luna statu variabilis,
semper crescis aut decrescis

kevin (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 00:09
Quote:
Jammy Git
Quote:
Harleys Evil Step Mum

Also can't agree that Roberts was bad, he picked some good lines, defended pretty well, and generally provided the sort of go-forward that he was signed for.

winking smiley
We shipped points through the middle and he barely got past any oppo with ball in hand. Smith tackled like a 12 but Roberts barely a mediocre bod to make up numbers. Given his Ďexperienceí and Ďinternational pedigreeí his contribution was negligible.

Jammy Git (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 00:42
Only 3 Quins beat more defenders than he did.

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 01:27
In all of this and the other post game threads, there has been a distinct lack of credit (post several above excepted) to Wasps for playing the game with precision and calmness. We were the architects of our own destruction, but Wasps took full advantage with extreme prejudice...

Boffboy (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 04:20
Quote:
Bolly-Quin
In all of this and the other post game threads, there has been a distinct lack of credit (post several above excepted) to Wasps for playing the game with precision and calmness. We were the architects of our own destruction, but Wasps took full advantage with extreme prejudice...
But this isnít a thread about how good Wasps were

blucherquin (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 06:27
Quote:
Quaking Quin
blucherquin - it's called 'irony'.
Good to see you are still ahead of the curve.........

Ok

DOK (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 12:55
Quote:
Boffboy
Quote:
Bolly-Quin
But this isnít a thread about how good Wasps were

The irony of you concerned about keeping a thread on track! smiling smiley

HC Wasp (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 13:19
Maybe a biased view but I thought Quins played well in parts eg they created at least five try scoring opportunities in the first half that were either brilliantly defended or butchered. Wasps were superb in the second half while the inexperienced Quins backs appeared to be let down by a pack who seemed more interested in niggling than playing as a unit. Maybe the Eastmond incident took their minds off the game.

Bucksquin (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 14:39
Quote:
HC Wasp
Maybe a biased view but I thought Quins played well in parts eg they created at least five try scoring opportunities in the first half that were either brilliantly defended or butchered. Wasps were superb in the second half while the inexperienced Quins backs appeared to be let down by a pack who seemed more interested in niggling than playing as a unit. Maybe the Eastmond incident took their minds off the game.

Uhhh ... which 'inexperienced' Quins backs? That would be only Marcus Smith (who actually played well overall). A couple of them are not as good as some of the Wasps backs, true, but really they're not that inexperienced.

12 February, 2018 14:43
Quote:
HC Wasp

Almost 230 appearances between our back-line, and that's just for Quins.

I think the Wasps back-line was simply better organised, better disciplined...just better all round and that was with one man fewer.

Very little to do do with a lack of experience in my opinion.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 14:48
Sadly our backs were not lacking experience..

Roberts, Marchant, Visser, Ross Chisholm, Alofa are not lacking caps between them

Hymenoptera (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 15:49
Quote:
Jammy Git
Quote:
Harleys Evil Step Mum

Lewis being atrocious was a big problem, Dave Ward being a one man discipline meltdown was another, Charlie Matthews being soft and missing loads of tackles was a third, and fan favourite Mat Luamanu yet again failing to show the sort of impact you'd get from a top quality Premiership 8 didn't help. Add in Glynn being anonymous, Archie White still not showing any reason why he should be in the squad, and a bunch of individual errors, allied to an awful defensive system, and the fact that at times we played some really good rugby gets rightly flushed down the toilet of a 44-22 home loss to 14 men.

Jammy hits nail here. Luamanu is a massive unit that would struggle to carry his shopping unaided and in ward you have a walking penalty machine, who as captain leads by example?

So no front foot play and penalty after penalty..most sides would struggle with that combination. Lucky you have the future England 10!

raedarius (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 09:30
At some point we stopped using Luamanu at pace and instead started using him as a third prop in the loose. Is this just poor tactics or a reflection of diminished capability?

Scrumhead (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 18:24
Quote:
FBQuin
Have spoken about this before on here about this and unless something drastic happens like relegation next season or an Act of God, we are stuck with our current coaching set up. Even my 17yr old who sits with me every home game said today " I don't want to get like the toxic nature of football fans, but something has to change we have got worse since we won the Premiership 7 years ago." Wise words or a youth talking rubbish? They are the future fans and he also said "perhaps we should review our season tickets next year. As we could spend our money on better things!" Makes you think eh?
What did I see today? I saw probably the worst performance from a Quins side for years. Conceding 40 odd points against a team with only 14 men? I firmly believe that some of our players have not bought into "The Kingston way" I never hear any player at a press conference speak up for the JK Way and say he's doing the right thing.
We need a new broom to sweep through the club. New coaches with new ideas. Don't keep employing ex players because familiarity breeds contempt. Forget about developing the ground to house 25,000 fans, we will be lucky if we have 250 fans by then. I know a few fans who have said they are not renewing next year and I don't think with the way the club is being run anyone will be taking their place!

I can really relate to this post.

Itís wrong when my internal debate on renewing my season ticket largely hinges upon the guilty feeling that I donít know who would replace me. I will probably renew, but it feels more like a charitable donation to keep the club alive. Iím certainly not enjoying the performances on the pitch.

TitusQuin (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 19:16
Quote:
Jammy Git
Quote:
Harleys Evil Step Mum

Smith was far from average (and I don't get the criticism of Roberts). He made breaks and put people into space, set up at least one score and it wasn't his fault we butchered several more. Once the game was basically dead he made some poor decisions to kick - this is not unexpected from an inexperienced player.

But to give Wasps credit, as soon as they sniffed blood they tore into us with ball in hand, and Jack Willis was unplayable at the breakdown. Second try was forward, mind winking smiley

Roberts was lazy from what i saw and let Cipriani run straight past him for a try but he is on his way and played like it. He did set up Visser try well but is seriously slow.
Matthews presumably on these threads is leaving and showed the reason why.
Ward is not a Prem starter. He has too many limitations despite how hard he tries.
I thought Luamanu was better than recently.
Smith struggled behind a beaten pack but provided most of our attacking threat as is usually the case.

Jammy Git (IP Logged)
14 February, 2018 08:11
Roberts' laziness somehow translated to him making a ton of carries and passes and putting a shift in in defence. It's not a criticism that matches up with the observable and recorded facts.

Saying he was too slow in defence is way more reasonable!

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
14 February, 2018 09:41
He's a primary carrier. All our initial phase play is set up for him to carry. The only way he doesn't carry a lot is if he sits down in our 22.

kevin (IP Logged)
14 February, 2018 09:42
Well my observational and recorded fact tells me he was highly ineffective in his efforts!

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
14 February, 2018 09:57
Well yes, that's the point really. Not sure he was lazy, just pretty ineffective.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
14 February, 2018 11:19
Match stats:

Roberts -- 11 passes, 13 runs for 31 metres made, 1 clean break, 2 defenders beaten, 3 offloads, no turnovers conceded, 9 tackles, 2 missed tackles

Only Matthews, Ward and Marchant made more "runs" with the ball.

Alofa, Marchant, Visser, Smith with most metres, but of course that doesnt deal with the context of receiving the ball.

8 players made more tackles but all were in the pack barring Smith with 11, most overall was J Chis with 17, 1 missed.

kevin (IP Logged)
14 February, 2018 11:23
So two steps then hit the deck per run. Hm!

thomh (IP Logged)
14 February, 2018 11:33
Smith plays so flat that Roberts takes the ball extremely close to the defender a lot of the time, so he's unlikely to rack up massive numbers just from routine truck-it-up carries. I don't think our backs' phase play was really the issue at all. We got beasted in every other area though.

Cookie (IP Logged)
14 February, 2018 11:46
For the life of me I can't see why Roberts is getting stick for Sunday. He was way down the list of culprits.

14 February, 2018 12:34
Quote:
Cookie
For the life of me I can't see why Roberts is getting stick for Sunday. He was way down the list of culprits.

Agreed. Carried well, largely defended well (although I do remember the bit where Cipriani sauntered past him at half pace) and set up one of our tries.

It wasn't his fault that every time he took the ball into contact we were unable to secure quick ball.

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
14 February, 2018 12:35
I don't think it was a particularly poor performance in the context of the match, but as so often it was nowhere near worthy of his reputation. The defence as a whole was dreadful (again) and I'm afraid he carries some of the can for that.

Again, our play is set up with him as a primary carrier. Of course he made lots of runs and passes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/02/2018 12:37 by RodneyRegis.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net