rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Consistently Inconsistent
Cookie (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 16:41
JK spoke recently about being fed up with us being labelled 'consistently inconsistent'. And in the very next game, we are rubbish.

I'm sorry, but if the cap fits............

But, as others have said, this is our lot for the foreseeable future.

Re: Consistently Inconsistent
Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 17:02
Contracts can be dissolved, if there is a will.

T-Bone (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 17:13
We're not that inconsistent in terms of results though. Close losses are still losses. So in the last 2/3 months we've beaten wasps (in an irrelevant game), saints and scarlets. Lost all the others, some close, some not.

I still go to every game thinking well win but knowing we probably won't

Quaking Quin (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 17:15
Quins aren't consistently inconsistent - they are consistently poor but do occasionally pull out something special.

Unfortunately, they don't seem to have the nous to operate in either a cup or league environment.Or for that matter, playing against an opposition with only 14 players.

All very, very predicable at the start of JK's reign - and on a week by week basis.

Bucksquin (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 17:32
At least we're gaining some consistency no longer win-loss, win-loss, win-loss ... now we're managing loss-loss.

It think we'll maintain that consistency over the next three matches, then hopefully it will start to dawn even on our CEO who knows nothing about rugby that he needs to take some action (at last) to cull all the rubbish.

SiBolton (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 19:55
After listening to the post match interviews, we are consistent in saying its not good enough
I didnt mind the loss last Friday at the Gardens as really expected it when I saw the teams

Thought wed do ok today, maybe LBP,looking at their bench etc, but when they went down to 14 I thought we could win this.
We consistently threw away opportunities that we should have finished.
Im consistent in getting my hopes up, when weve had a couple of close loses you think we might be getting there then as soon as we lose certain players its as though everyone drops their heads and thinks we cant win this, and goes on the pitch with that mentality.

Looking forward to Welford road? Im looking forward to beers with mates, but for the first time in a long time Im not looking forward to the game

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 19:59
Losing to 14 men is simply unforgivable.

DOK (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 20:14
Quote:
RodneyRegis
Losing to 14 men is simply unforgivable.

No it isn't. I forgive them.

AP (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 20:42
Losing to 14 men happens but (sorry!) you had the advantage for 60 minutes and were well beaten.

That's a leadership issue, whether on the pitch or the coaching staff (or both).

Sorry for the harsh words, because Quins are a great club and I don't like to see you struggling.

And I'm annoyed you didn't knock Wasps back.

Successful hills are here to stay
Everything must be this way
Gentle streets where people play
Welcome to the Soft Parade

Scamble (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 20:45
This season, all competitions

L
W
L
L
L
W
L
L
W
W
W
L
L
L
W
L
W
L
W
L
L

DOK (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 20:52
I think I'd need a bit more detail to even bother reading that.
Try here [www.quins.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2018 20:53 by DOK.

Scamble (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 20:55
Thats even worse as it has all the teams down to the U11 Cs

DOK (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 20:56
Then there's enough information to prove his point, whatever that might be!

Scamble (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 21:01
Premiership this season

L
W
W
L
L
W
W
L
L
W
L
W
L
L

TitusQuin (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 21:04
Quote:
DOK
I think I'd need a bit more detail to even bother reading that.
Try here [www.quins.co.uk]

Goodness me is the website serious with all these different fixtures?!?!

FGGQuin (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 10:21
This is classic Kingston spin, deflection and obfuscation...claim he is fed up with being described "consistently inconsistent" to deflect from the reality, which is as others have said, that we are consistently mediocre to downright poor, with the odd flourish.

Other examples of his media technique:

Being "at pains" to not blame international call-ups and injuries (when no-one has mentioned them so he therefore creates the excuse himself)

Highly selective use of statistics, see match programmes where he will cherry-pick out a very small number of recent results, or examples of particular stats as evidence of a positive trend. "defensively we weren't good enough...that has been rectified as we proved by making 200 tackles vs. La Rochelle".

Vague boasts..."we have been on it pretty much all the way though this season".

On the subject of match programmes, has anyone noticed the section that appears in every edition where they claim Kingston will answer a question from a supporter every week? Never has a supporter been named as asking a question and frankly given the 'patsy' questions he is always asked I cannot believe they have actually ever published a supporter question!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net