rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

EASTER OUT OUT OUT
The Dead Baron (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 17:20
(Since subjects demanding action in caps lock seems to be the zeitgeist)

A great deal of our problems today stem from defence. Again. If you want JK out then Easter must surely be on the bus too. I don't give two hoots that he's a Quins Old Boy / Legend / Good Bloke / Whatever. He's toilet as a Defence coach - the fruits of his apparent labours clearly show this. It's time he did one.

Re: EASTER OUT OUT OUT
Bellyfull (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 17:23
Totally agree, good player useless coach

Nickevans10 (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 17:25
I heard that Eddie Jones wants to take him into the England set up as his defensive system is so far ahead of itís time smiling smiley seriously though you are 15-15 against 14 men & then have an absolute shocker. Something just doesnít seem right in the camp:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2018 17:26 by Nickevans10.

DOK (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 17:26
I hope we haven't got the entire coaching staff to go through yet! smiling smiley

I was wondering today - when someone misses a first up tackle, who is responsible for that (apart from the player of course!). Is it the defence coach or is it the skills coach? I mean as a defence coach, if someone is in the right place to tackle someone running through, then you've done you job haven't you? If it turns out he just gives them the old Marland Yarde revolving door routine, is that your fault or is it the skills coach?

Who actually teaches players how to tackle? Does anybody (which would explain a lot today!)?

Mr_B (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 17:27
Nick is one of my all time favourite Quins, as a player superb and non better but sorry as Defense coach it's a joke, last season we were poor, this season deplorable, can't believe how bad our Defense is and how many tries we ship on average in a game must be averaging 4-5 tries a game shipped.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 17:34
Been saying it for ages, as have so many others. Heís clearly useless or too close to players to be effective or both. Got to get a real defence coach.

talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 17:46
I think the entire coaching staff should go with JK to be honest.

All have been at the club too long and that mediocrity has become ingrained.

Evans is the only one who perhaps has any credit in the bank, but I'm not really convinced our attack is any better because of coaching but because of the emergence of Smith.

Even Rowntree isn't helping. There was a stat on BT today that we are the worst team in the league on our own scrum.

So in an ideal world I'd just start completely from scratch.

Will never happen though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2018 17:56 by talkshowhost86.

DazzaS (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 17:52
Great easy player. Probably did well as a coach at Wimbledon Rugby. But is too big a jump from part time rugby club to a top flight team. I have no problem with coaches being given a chance in Premiership but ideally have more experience from lower ranks behind them to build them up.

QuinAlan (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 18:00
Wimbledon arent doing that well either.....

TitusQuin (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 18:39
Surely he doesn't double up and coach Wimbledon any more?

Have to say against 14 men to concede that many points whatever the reason isn't good but it's not only that.

Our attack is so reliant on Care and Smith. Last week it was appalling with neither there and today Smith was our best player with ball.

Our forward play is ineffective as i can't remember the last time the pack went forward in a maul or dominated in the scrum.

the whole thing is a mess.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 18:42
I've said it all season, our attack is as bad as our defence but gets papered over as Care and Smith provide the odd touch of magic.

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 20:03
Roberts was not very good. What a surprise given he's missed the 6N boat.

We need Saili back.

The Dead Baron (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 21:38
Quote:
RodneyRegis

I'm a bit conflicted on this. Personally, I think the Doctor has had a much better season for us this season. But today.... At the breakdown and in the tackle area I think Roberts was putting in as big a shift as the majorit of the pack - certainly the biggest shift of the backs. But in the lose he was off the pace and tracking back he was visibly puffing - even after 20 minutes. Felt to me either like he was unfit (unwell?) or just plain out of shape.

bg (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 22:06
Wasps supporter comes in peace - You have a lot of talented and experienced players.. most clubs would snap up Marcus Smith. I do question the policy of promoting former players into coaching roles though. Being a good player doesn't mean you can coach or lead a team in a direction.

I think that was just a one off blip for you.. and from what I've read you've recruited well for next year.

kevin (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 22:22
We have a few one off blips!

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 22:52
Quote:
RodneyRegis
We need Saili back.

Back?

Jammy Git (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 00:02
Quote:
The Dead Baron
Quote:
RodneyRegis

I'm a bit conflicted on this. Personally, I think the Doctor has had a much better season for us this season. But today.... At the breakdown and in the tackle area I think Roberts was putting in as big a shift as the majorit of the pack - certainly the biggest shift of the backs. But in the lose he was off the pace and tracking back he was visibly puffing - even after 20 minutes. Felt to me either like he was unfit (unwell?) or just plain out of shape.

Roberts did fine - he gave us go-forward running into traffic and got through a ton of work. He might have been puffing but he carried 13 times, getting over the gainline on most of those, set up a try and managed to distribute a fair bit too.

O Fortuna, velut luna statu variabilis,
semper crescis aut decrescis

kevin (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 00:10
Quote:
Jammy Git
Quote:
The Dead Baron
Quote:
RodneyRegis

Roberts did fine - he gave us go-forward running into traffic and got through a ton of work. He might have been puffing but he carried 13 times, getting over the gainline on most of those, set up a try and managed to distribute a fair bit too.

kevin (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 00:21
Quote:
Jammy Git
Quote:
The Dead Baron
Quote:
RodneyRegis

Nah! You need to look again at his gains as opposed to his Ďjust mucking iní contribution. Watching game again I honestly saw not a jot of beyond average play from him that deserved mention. He had youth to either side of him but they showed as much effort as him.If not more !

Jammy Git (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 00:41
Roberts consistently getting over the gainline, carrying a _lot_ of times and getting heavily involved is not "just mucking in".

He picked a great line to set up a try so that's more than just average play.

O Fortuna, velut luna statu variabilis,
semper crescis aut decrescis

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net