rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Is this a record?
Nemoquin (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 19:32
Kyle Eastmond got a red card on Sunday. He has now been cited for an earlier "tackle" on Ross Chisholm.

Re: Is this a record?
Brown Bottle (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 19:36
Tricky one. If the first had been picked up in time the second wouldn't have happened. The TMO saw the first but I don't think he mentioned it until the second.

BB

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 19:47
I'm sure he'll get done for both. Ban should be lengthy, 4 weeks at least. Whether it'll be reduced to nothing for good behaviour is anyone's guess.

There was some rumour of something nasty said in the build-up, I hope not.

T-Bone (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 19:49
Someone was saying ward said something. Not heard anything further

kentwasp1 (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 20:08
On our site we're downplaying it, but apparently Barnes heard something (racist) and said we'll "sort it out later". Hopefully handbags as the match was played in good spirit

raedarius (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 20:25
The Wasps thread seems to be based on a single comment by Cookie on one of our threads.

thomh (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 20:49
Quote:
Brown Bottle
Tricky one. If the first had been picked up in time the second wouldn't have happened. The TMO saw the first but I don't think he mentioned it until the second.

Dont see why that should mean he doesn't get done for both? It's still two red card offences, even if he was only there for the second one because the first was missed.

Mayor West (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 22:10
I'm sure the TMO says he is looking at the first incident when the ball goes to the other side of the pitch. Then when play stops after the second one he Tells Wayne about the first one. I've never seen a player commit two red card offences in 30 seconds before. Should they have lost a second player as well?

Dark Pies (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 22:20
Quote:
kentwasp1
On our site we're downplaying it, but apparently Barnes heard something (racist) and said we'll "sort it out later". Hopefully handbags as the match was played in good spirit

What I heard on the ref mic at the match was the Wasps players trying to justify the offences by claiming 'something' was said to upset Eastmond, and WB said "ok well if so it will get sorted out later." i.e. he didn't hear anything.

Surely that would actually reflect even worse on Eastmond though?...i.e. two intentional retaliations rather than just temporarily losing his ability to tackle below the jawline.

In terms of harsh language, Sink did get a ticking off and 10m for turning the air blue when Smith was shoved in the back for walking away with the ball and Kyle went full Hulk-mode...

Mayor West (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 22:34
What did Chis snr and Smith say to him then. Or why if something was said, have we not heard anything about it if so many Wasp players heard it.

NicoWilson (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 04:45
Quote:
T-Bone
Someone was saying ward said something. Not heard anything further

Barnes spoke to Ward on at least one occasion about something that Ward had said.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 09:06
Quote:
kentwasp1

Where has the idea that someone said something racist come from? Given he ended up trying to decapitate the half-Filipino Marcus Smith....

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 09:08
I think it's Chinese whispers. Somebody pointed out that Barnes had said he'd look into what ward said later, somebody else said they hoped it wasn't racist, and now wasps' board are 'downplaying' the outrageous racial slurs.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 09:12
Quote:
RodneyRegis
I think it's Chinese whispers. Somebody pointed out that Barnes had said he'd look into what ward said later, somebody else said they hoped it wasn't racist, and now wasps' board are 'downplaying' the outrageous racial slurs.

I think we can all enjoy the use of the phrase Chinese whispers in this context smiling smiley

raedarius (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 09:23
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
kentwasp1

Where has the idea that someone said something racist come from? Given he ended up trying to decapitate the half-Filipino Marcus Smith....

Cookie hoped that whatever Ward did or did not say was not racist. The collective might of the internet did the rest.

oakhaven (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 09:28
From my admittedly distant view in the East Stand, it looked as if Sinckler's reaction to Eastmond's tackle was rather nasty as well. It appeared to be shoulder charge of sorts, but I couldn't see it clearly enough to make a judgment and the cameras didn't seem to pick it up. Can anyone sitting in the West Stand confirm/deny this?

Cookie (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 09:39
Seems I've created a storm! The Wasps captain did speak to Barnes about 'something serious that was said', which Barnes in turn spoke to Ward about, telling him it would be looked at after the game. Hopefully it was nothing, hence why no action.

Mr_B (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 10:14
wardy looked completely surprised when pulled about about something he is accused of saying.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 11:14
Quote:
raedarius
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
kentwasp1

Cookie hoped that whatever Ward did or did not say was not racist. The collective might of the internet did the rest.

Oh right, fine.

Kent Fan (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 11:36
Thought I saw Luamanu chin Kyle Eastman after one of the tackles....did anyone else see that?

SiBolton (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 13:36
The clip is on here, you can only hear the TMO and Ward rightly looks annoyed, as two high ones on the trot

And while Haskell’s previous gets mentioned by commentary, think these are far worse
Mind you it look like Cipriani wanted a piggy back ride from big Matt

[www.facebook.com]

13 February, 2018 13:57
Quote:
Cookie
Seems I've created a storm! The Wasps captain did speak to Barnes about 'something serious that was said', which Barnes in turn spoke to Ward about, telling him it would be looked at after the game. Hopefully it was nothing, hence why no action.

This is why I said on our board that I was wary of any accusations of racist language. It seemed a few peeps responded to your initial post and may have taken that as "what was said".

I'm not sure we know what Wade said to Barnes, so I'd hate for us to go off on a wrong tangent.

Kyle will get a ban, presumably a long one as it's two offences. Hopefully that's the end of the matter.

If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score? - Vince Lombardi

talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 14:17
I'm still not quite sure why Eastmond was spoiling for such a fight after the incident.

He clearly whacked Smith, and then after the melee he seems to be trying to go after someone as if he's been the innocent victim.

I think Luamanu and Sinckler were a tad stupid with their reactions, but I don't know if Eastmond just lost his head or whether that was a reaction to something that was said (I can't see how it could have been Ward though from that footage).

As others have said, hopefully Eastmond cops his ban and that's the end of it.

Cookie (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 14:54
Quote:
DrHankPym(superhero)
Quote:
Cookie

This is why I said on our board that I was wary of any accusations of racist language. It seemed a few peeps responded to your initial post and may have taken that as "what was said".

I'm not sure we know what Wade said to Barnes, so I'd hate for us to go off on a wrong tangent.

Kyle will get a ban, presumably a long one as it's two offences. Hopefully that's the end of the matter.

Seems some of your mates need reading lessons. I was asking if anyone at home heard anything on TV as it was referred to on Ref Link, but not specified.

And I actually thought Eastmond immediately puts his arms up in apology but our boys weighed in.

13 February, 2018 15:35
Quote:
Cookie
Quote:
DrHankPym(superhero)
Quote:
Cookie

Seems some of your mates need reading lessons. I was asking if anyone at home heard anything on TV as it was referred to on Ref Link, but not specified.

And I actually thought Eastmond immediately puts his arms up in apology but our boys weighed in.

I'd say the same applies here and they were carry on a train of thought in that thread by Quins fans. Like I said I hoping that Kyle's ban will be the end of the matter.

If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score? - Vince Lombardi

ricohchezwasp (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 15:44
He will get a long ban and no argument on that score, what still seems ridiculous is with all this TMO input how they just ignore other stuff, I think Eastmond was apologetic but also grabbed around the neck and thrown to he floor by your 8 ..... the Tmo whilst concerning himself with a little push on Sinckler during our 4th try completely missed checking the tackle on cruse which needed a second look and a cheap shot on Le Roux by Visser ..... as for all this racist stuff, surely it would have come to light by now!!

Not a Doctor and not a troll!!

Cookie (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 15:59
Quote:
ricohchezwasp
He will get a long ban and no argument on that score, what still seems ridiculous is with all this TMO input how they just ignore other stuff, I think Eastmond was apologetic but also grabbed around the neck and thrown to he floor by your 8 ..... the Tmo whilst concerning himself with a little push on Sinckler during our 4th try completely missed checking the tackle on cruse which needed a second look and a cheap shot on Le Roux by Visser ..... as for all this racist stuff, surely it would have come to light by now!!

Firstly, there was only a couple of comments here and no allegations. I just asked if anyone heard anything and someone else said they hoped it was nothing. Wasps fans obviously blew it up all on their own.

As for the rest, Eastmond put Chisholm out of the game (and who knows how long for) and tried to do the same to our young fly half. If you think the likes of Luamanu should stand there wagging their fingers, you're following the wrong game. Sorry, not listening to Wasps fans accusing us of aggressive behaviour.

13 February, 2018 16:25
That’s ok cookie, firstly I said no excuse for Eastmond, the point I made was the failure to spot other examples of foul play, of which there have been far too many in recent matches..... so you don’t have to listen you just need to open your eyes, something That the TMO failed to do.

Cookie (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 16:34
Were any of your players put out of the game? No. End of.

13 February, 2018 17:35
So by that reasoning foul play is only foul play if a player has to leave the field of play ........

Cookie (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 17:52
Nope, but banging on about stuff that may have happened because your boy rightly got done seems fairly pointless. Especially when you're trying to tell supporters of the oppo who really couldn't care less whether one of there wingers might have put in a late tackle that didn't seem to hurt anyone. We've got bigger fish to fry than your sense of injustice.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 20:17
6 week ban

from Prem rugby:

Eastmond appeared before an independent disciplinary panel this evening.

He was shown a red card by referee Wayne Barnes for a dangerous tackle on Harlequins’ Marcus Smith contrary to law 9.13 in the 17th minute of the match.

The Wasps man was also cited by independent citing commissioner Paul Burke for a separate dangerous tackle on Harlequins’ Ross Chisholm, contrary to law 9.13, in the 15th minute of the same match.

Eastmond pleaded guilty to the charges. He was given a six-week suspension and is free to play again on 17th April 2018.

Panel chairman Sean Enright said: “The panel determined that each individual offence merited a mid-range entry point of six weeks.

“Thereafter, the player was entitled to full 50 per cent mitigation on account of his guilty plea, clear record and remorse for both incidents.

“This reduced the sanction on each charge to three weeks. The panel determined that these periods should run consecutively, meaning a total ban of six weeks.

“We were satisfied that the running of the sanctions consecutively was proportionate to the level of overall offending to all of the circumstances.”

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/02/2018 20:19 by blucherquin.

Rocker (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 21:21
Ridiculous ban. Only 6 weeks for 2 horrible non tackles like that when Marler got the same!

blucherquin (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 22:39
Quote:
Rocker
Ridiculous ban. Only 6 weeks for 2 horrible non tackles like that when Marler got the same!

Clean record - unlike Joe sadly

Cookie (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 22:48
Quote:
Rocker

2 x 6 weeks minus maximum mitigation of 50%. Correct and fair.

T-Bone (IP Logged)
14 February, 2018 10:21
Thought the bans were fair. Suppose you could argue that after the first tackle, can he plead clean record for the second, but I think that'd be very harsh, and slightly ridiculous. Second tackle much worse in my opinion though. I'd have maybe given less for the first, but overall it's probably right.

Watched them again last night. I do think Mat is lucky to get away with how he reacted. That was a good old fashioned clothesline.

thomh (IP Logged)
14 February, 2018 10:26
Quote:
T-Bone
Suppose you could argue that after the first tackle, can he plead clean record for the second, but I think that'd be very harsh, and slightly ridiculous.

Nah he hadn't yet been reprimanded for the first. Otherwise you could just as fairly start digging up dangerous tackles that weren't spotted in previous games.

T-Bone (IP Logged)
14 February, 2018 10:29
Quote:
thomh
Quote:
T-Bone
Suppose you could argue that after the first tackle, can he plead clean record for the second, but I think that'd be very harsh, and slightly ridiculous.

Nah he hadn't yet been reprimanded for the first. Otherwise you could just as fairly start digging up dangerous tackles that weren't spotted in previous games.

Yeah, I wasn't really suggesting it as a serious quibble with the ban

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net