rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

OT. The Rolling Stones to play at Twickenham Stadium
Uncle Arthur (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 08:51
The Rolling Stones are to play Twickenham Stadium on Tuesday 19 June.

The band are back where they belong on home turf with a number of massive UK concerts in May and June plus others confirmed for Ireland, France, Germany, Czech Republic as well as Poland.

Part two of the ‘STONES - NO FILTER’ tour, sponsored by Jeep®, sponsor of The Rolling Stones european tours since 2014, sees Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ronnie Wood continue on from their hugely successful sold out European trek in the autumn of last year.

The Rolling Stones will treat fans to a set list packed full of classics such as ‘Satisfaction’, ‘Paint It Black’, ‘Tumbling Dice’ and ‘Brown Sugar’ but each night they will include a couple of unexpected tracks as well as randomly selected surprises from their formidable arsenal of songs.

As always when the Rolling Stones come to town they will bring a spectacular production and state of the art stage design.

“It’s such a joy to play with this band there’s no stopping us, we’re only just getting started really,” said Richards.

Jagger added: ‘‘This part of the ‘No Filter’ tour is really special for the Stones.

“We are looking forward to getting back onstage in the summer and playing to fans in the UK and Ireland. It’s always exhilarating going to cities we haven’t played for quite a while and also some new venues for us.’’

UK shows go on general sale at 9am GMT on Friday 2 March, while in the UK, an American Express® pre-sale will run from 9am on Wednesday 28 February to all American Express Card members. For more info please visit axs.com/amexpresale.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 26/02/2018 08:52 by Uncle Arthur.

OT: For the oldies
Nemoquin (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 09:12
The Rolling Stones are playing at Twickenham on June 19.

Re: OT: For the oldies
QuickerQuin (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 09:25
Quote:
Nemoquin
The Rolling Stones are playing at Twickenham on June 19.

Do you mean HQ, or The Stoop?

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 11:43
Im a young'un. I like them

DOK. (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 13:04
UK shows go on general sale at 9am GMT on Friday 2 March, while in the UK, an American Express® pre-sale will run from 9am on Wednesday 28 February to all American Express Card members. For more info please visit axs.com/amexpresale.

Re: OT. The Rolling Stones to play at Twickenham Stadium
gregory p (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 13:09
Sponsored by Jeep? Were Stannah stair lifts not interested then?

Uncle Arthur (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 14:28
Well if The Stones are playing at Twickenham, any chance they could play Ireland? :@)

blucherquin (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 16:52
Quote:
gregory p

The two are very similar in build quality and driving experience.

Stannah far better at going up hills and round corners though - plus you look less of a wazzock.

talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 18:04
Quote:
gregory p

Don't Jeep pride themselves on having vehicles that keep going despite all common sense suggesting they should stop?

Seems appropriate to me.

ChipsteadQuin (IP Logged)
27 February, 2018 10:35
On R5L last night the question was " What is 294 years old and costs £100 to see "

DOK. (IP Logged)
27 February, 2018 16:22
I saw the Counterfeit Stones at Richmond Theatre the other week, that cost £30! (Sm60)

Stoquin (IP Logged)
27 February, 2018 16:32
Rollin Stoned regularly at the Half Moon in Putney and they are excellent £16 if I remember. Great venue for cover bands

DOK. (IP Logged)
27 February, 2018 20:47
I saw them when they played the Cabbage Patch. Also an excellent night out. Unfortunately, due to them being so excellent, they tend to play Saturday nights at the Half Moon and it's difficult for me to get out at weekends.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
27 February, 2018 22:29
Is the Half Moon still a Youngs pub?

If at first you don't succeed, Try, Try and Try again.

DOK. (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 07:56
If you use the search for Putney then it says it is, but I notice the email address is geronimo-inns.

DOK. (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 10:38
Anyway, have secured my tickets - those nice people at AXS let me in early. Sickens me to see they're already for sale on viagogo and so on.

The only time I've seen touts properly thwarted was seeing Iron Maiden at the O2. For that you had to produce both tickets and the original credit card you ordered with. I assume if you had the brass neck you could go claim you lost the credit card, but you'd still have to prove you were original purchaser, which could be difficult.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 11:45
Quote:
DOK
If you use the search for Putney then it says it is, but I notice the email address is geronimo-inns.

That'll be a Freehold boozer that chooses to buy Youngs I'm guessing.

Ramrod and Special anyone?

(Sm129)

If at first you don't succeed, Try, Try and Try again.

gregory p (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 17:32
Geronimo is ultimately owned by Young's.

Fearless Fred (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 17:58
Quote:
gregory p

Stan Ah Stair? Was his elder brother Fred not available?

Mayor West (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 20:06
Ram n spesh. That takes me back. As does a pint of Directors.

Uncle Arthur (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 08:24
Rolling Stones tickets: Residents tickets will be sold on a first come, first served sale, which will begin at 9am on Friday (2nd March) via the link in an email sent to those registered as resident with us today. There will be 1,100 discounted tickets available at £67.95 each.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net