rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Sam Aspland Robinson
Ayerzawannabe (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 15:53
Appears we (Tigers) have "Apparently" signed him from you guys.
I know he's injured but outside of that don't know that much about him really, Is he a out and out winger or one of those Winger/Full backs?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Sam Aspland Robinson
fandg2 (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 16:07
Since he signed a full academy deal I think he's only ever played on the wing however I can remember him playing at full Back in Academy U18s fixtures.

akb1 (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 16:07
I only remember him playing on the wing.
He picked up the injury playing for the U20s in the summer.

Cookie (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 16:11
You sure? He only re-signed less than a year ago.

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 16:25
He was seen speaking with Anthony Allen.

Apparently sink has also been playing pool with Steve diamond and marler has been wearing a beret (again).

Ayerzawannabe (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 16:27
Quote:
Cookie
You sure? He only re-signed less than a year ago.

Will see these rumours tend to be 25/50 at best anyway.

But as i said on our board his re-signing was announced with Calum Waters, who also signed a new deal last month so might have been 1 year.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 16:30
Our reliable poster on here stated he was off so I believe him. Not seen a great deal of him but from what I have I would say he is behind our other wingers (Ibitoye and Mikalcius) from an academy point of view, plus we now have Murley in the academy

T-Bone (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 17:52
There was another rumour he was off. Shame, as you'd assume if he was in the u20s he's a decent prospect.

Where have the rumours about Sinck to Sale and Joe to France (pre RWC, so rather unbelievable) come from?

Jammy Git (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 17:54
He looked a much classier player than Ibitoye.

O Fortuna, velut luna statu variabilis,
semper crescis aut decrescis

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 18:03
Quote:
T-Bone
There was another rumour he was off. Shame, as you'd assume if he was in the u20s he's a decent prospect.
Where have the rumours about Sinck to Sale and Joe to France (pre RWC, so rather unbelievable) come from?

Sinck is mentioned on RugbyInsideLine, Sarries and Sale interested

Scrumhead (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 19:35
Quote:
Jammy Git
He looked a much classier player than Ibitoye.

Agreed. Or at least he looked closer to being ready for regular senior rugby anyway. Iíll be disappointed if he does go.

But for his injury, Iím confident he would have been given some opportunities to play this season.

quinsfan123 (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 19:39
Wouldn't be a surprise if Sinks went. Would be a shame and you'd probably blame our coaching staff for not bringing him on further and for him playing in such an average side at the moment.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 19:46
Would not believe it till I see it, even the rumour on RIL mentions he has one more year left. They also posted about Morgan possibly going to Exeter, Gloucester replied with "Throw enough darts, some hit! Ben has two years left on his deal he signed last year. Nothing to see here"!!

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 20:53
Quote:
quinsfan123
Wouldn't be a surprise if Sinks went. Would be a shame and you'd probably blame our coaching staff for not bringing him on further and for him playing in such an average side at the moment.

My thoughts. Can't see Joe going, but I think it's probably a running joke at this stage. Sinckler does not look a happy player.

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
27 February, 2018 00:14
SAR was a lightning quick winger but had nasty injury - shame to see him go but if club wants to reduce injury ďproneĒ players, he might be paying the price...

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
27 February, 2018 09:19
I wonder if a new club could/would put conditions into the contract about injury proneness?

If at first you don't succeed, Try, Try and Try again.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
27 February, 2018 10:01
Quote:
Scaramouche
I wonder if a new club could/would put conditions into the contract about injury proneness?

I wonder if most clubs would do this. There is a bit of a difference with regards to being injury prone and suffering a bad injury that keeps you out for a long time. I know some people (not yourself) have called a few of our players injury prone when in reality they have just suffered one bad injury. Bothma, you could argue is a bit injury prone with his arm, thats fair enough. The Cat has had one bad injury, thats not being injury prone, thats just one bad knock

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
27 February, 2018 10:16
Quote:
HonkyTonk
Quote:
Scaramouche

I wonder if most clubs would do this. There is a bit of a difference with regards to being injury prone and suffering a bad injury that keeps you out for a long time. I know some people (not yourself) have called a few of our players injury prone when in reality they have just suffered one bad injury. Bothma, you could argue is a bit injury prone with his arm, thats fair enough. The Cat has had one bad injury, thats not being injury prone, thats just one bad knock

The thought occurred because I have recently been researching Decreasing Term Life Assurance to cover a Mortgage on one of my Castles but have one or two medical issues. It seems they can make all sorts of exclusions and exceptions almost to the point where its not always worth taking out any cover. So you'd imagine a Players Contract can be written these days to protect both sides without the Club having to take all the risk.

talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
27 February, 2018 10:20
Think the club would be on very dangerous grounds asking players to play what is a very tough, and at times dangerous, game and then dock them pay if they get injured doing so.

I imagine the way it might be done is through appearance/performance bonuses so that those who do play benefit from doing so.

Just guess work though to be fair.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
27 February, 2018 10:31
Not rugby, but I do know in football there are contracts that are made up of a basic weekly payment, that is then topped up with an appearance fee if the player if fit to play (does not actually have to make an appearance). That in turn can then be topped up if the player actually does get picked to play. Of course we are talking much larger sums than rugby, and the basic wage is large in itself.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
27 February, 2018 22:13
Well that makes sense actually. Give the player a comfortable living wage with all the Club support he/she needs then incentivise by appearances/effectiveness/ etc...

The only drawback I can see is that if a player has an injury that is not visible he might say he is fit to play, for the money, and potentially wreck himself.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net