rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Boycott the Bath game?
R le quin's bruv (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 16:43
Hi all,
Maybe it is time to make a statement and not turn up?

Re: Boycott the Bath game?
blucherquin (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 16:48
Ok itís not like weíve been relegated. Feels a bit much to me.

To be honest the -8c forecast, snow, and bad weather Friday night travel chaos should have the same effect.

Cookie (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 16:54
Not there yet for me either.

Don't get me wrong, I'm livid with what's going on, but it's still my team.

Chutneyquin (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 16:56
+1

For the first time in 8 years, i am choosing not to go to a game.

Whilst i don't think this will worry any of the management, the loss of £20 i usually put behind the bar every game, might hurt a little.

The last 2 home fixtures have convinced me i need a break from metaphorically banging my head against the wall.

I hope Quins win on Friday, but my blood pressure can not take any more!

Mr_B (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 16:56
why dont we just do a minutes silence for the death of "the Quins style of rugby"

I will always turn up to a game as I support the team regardless but some other way of showing our frustration should be viable. Nobody buy drinks or something like that would be effective and we can still enjoy our pain that is Quins. :-)

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 17:04
See that would be cool.

Just get the Quins supporters to sit there in silence and watch the game.

R le quin's bruv (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 17:15
Quote:
RodneyRegis
See that would be cool.
I agree that would be preferable but will people be able to stay quiet?

26 February, 2018 17:18
I take it the irony is not lost on people?? Place is like a morgue most of the time!!

DOK. (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 17:23
It was a laugh seeing the poor bears trying to get some sort of support going in the West Stand at the weekend. Ironically, the kids in the South were doing a better job of supporting the team.

However, I plan to be there Friday and if I am, then I shall be supporting the team.

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 17:38
Quote:
R le quin's bruv
Quote:
RodneyRegis
See that would be cool.
I agree that would be preferable but will people be able to stay quiet?
No, obviously not going to happen, but would be great. Quins score a length of the field try met by tumbleweed.

Dark Pies (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 17:41
Given the feedback on Friday night fixtures, plus the probability of bad weather, no boycott is required!
That said the old timers all seem to give their Friday tickets to younger fans who make more noise anyway, so not sure how it will play out.

Boycott is a bit extreme though. The players do benefit from the crowd cheering them so its harsh to expect any turnaround in our fortunes if they play in silence to a half-empty Stoop.

Personally will be there cheering the boys on as always. I was however one who left early last saturday for the first time ever, and i reserve the right to go in the bar or leave early if both the temperature and our chances of scoring remain sub-zero...

Jammy Git (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 17:51
Quote:
Harleys Evil Step Mum
I take it the irony is not lost on people?? Place is like a morgue most of the time!!

Really? Last few times the sound of people loudly discussing anything except the game drowned out the screaming inside my head when we gave away more stupid penalties

O Fortuna, velut luna statu variabilis,
semper crescis aut decrescis

talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 17:59
Quote:
Mr_B
Nobody buy drinks or something like that would be effective and we can still enjoy our pain that is Quins. :-)

Good god man are you insane? To watch this current Quins team I need at least 6 pints in me before kickoff and then have to be on a vodka drip for the game itself.

New Forest Quin (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 18:23
Not for me, I like the challenge of a 190 mile round trip through the frozen south to get the full value from my ST and Parking.

Mr_B (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 18:32
exactly imagine what 12000 strung Quins fans are going to behave like :-)

Greene King (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 18:46
https://i.imgur.com/Mg0vMdj.jpg

Legally drinking ale since 1986 & moaning like a good un with Q-GOMC since 2010.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 26/02/2018 18:52 by Greene King.

ArchQuin (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 22:54
Like it 😁

SiBolton (IP Logged)
27 February, 2018 06:11
Great idea, I take it youíll cover the cost of my two season ticket seats for the game?

Bedfordshire Boy (IP Logged)
27 February, 2018 10:02
Weather permitting I will be there and hoping (and praying) for a good performance.

DazzaS (IP Logged)
27 February, 2018 17:47
Quote:
Greene King
https://i.imgur.com/Mg0vMdj.jpg

I like it but let's be honest if it was actually JK and not Churchill as PM in the 1940s we'd all be speaking German now.

Kent falcon (IP Logged)
27 February, 2018 18:49
Why don't you change the clubs name like Cabbage patch and give them virtual reality specks it would be worth watching.

mandator (IP Logged)
27 February, 2018 18:54
The way the club is being managed now the game could be called off due to a frozen pitch. We will then be deducted points for not making adequate preparation to ensure a televised game takes place. Preparation meaning heaters,covers,straw etc?

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
27 February, 2018 19:05
Don't see any evidence that the pitch is poorly managed. Quite the opposite in fact.

IsteadQuin (IP Logged)
27 February, 2018 20:04
The covers are already on the pitch - picture on Instagram.

27 February, 2018 21:18
Given that the powers that be have, in their infinite wisdom, decided that the game v Irish should be played on the same afternoon that the Clash takes place at Twickenham and have yet to be seen doing anything about arranging parking for those of us who have no alternative but to drive, it seems to me that this is the match to boycott.

Pretty much the same goes for the Exeter match which takes place at the same time as the Army v Navy over the road but I appreciate that we have no choice about the time we play that one. Nevertheless, I suspect that there was no interaction with the RFU about their scheduling.

ballsout (IP Logged)
28 February, 2018 11:47
Quote:
Harleys Evil Step Mum

Be fair, all that coming and going to the bar + a quarter of the crowd getting to their seats late/leaving early in both halves even when Quins are winning creates a fair bit of noise.

Mayor West (IP Logged)
28 February, 2018 12:52
You'd think there was enough hot air coming out of the Stoop already to stop the pitch freezing.

never sleep (IP Logged)
28 February, 2018 14:42
When we played Ulster during the snow on a Saturday afternoon game, we only got 8,327 through the gates.
What do you think we will get for a freezing Friday night game where the forecast is for heavy snow when the roads are bad and the public transport will probably be iffy? Add to this the game being televised,.
Casual ticket buyers would need their heads looking at if they were to buy tickets for the game.
My kids have already said that they are not going.
Also, people with long journeys will always be wondering if the match will be called off.
I think that those of us that do go will be frozen and rattling round empty stands as it is. With the best will in the world, no matter how good or bad the match is, I will go somewhere warm if I can't take the cold any more.
My estimation for attendance is 6,000. Probably down to 3k-4k by full time if there is more than 8pts difference at 60 minutes.
I basically think that the weather is trying to enforce a boycott.

28 February, 2018 14:52
Quote:
never sleep
When we played Ulster during the snow on a Saturday afternoon game, we only got 8,327 through the gates.
What do you think we will get for a freezing Friday night game where the forecast is for heavy snow when the roads are bad and the public transport will probably be iffy? Add to this the game being televised,.
Casual ticket buyers would need their heads looking at if they were to buy tickets for the game.
Also, people with long journeys will always be wondering if the match will be called off.
I think that those of us that do go will be frozen and rattling round empty stands as it is. With the best will in the world, no matter how good or bad the match is, I will go somewhere warm if I can't take the cold any more.
My estimation for attendance is 6,000. Probably down to 3k-4k by full time if there is more than 8pts difference at 60 minutes.

Are you saying that god/zeus/the flying spaghetti monster want JK out?!

blucherquin (IP Logged)
28 February, 2018 14:57
Iíll be there - wrapped up like a snowman and getting warm and wasted on whisky

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
28 February, 2018 15:39
So you'll be there in spirit then...

If at first you don't succeed, Try, Try and Try again.

never sleep (IP Logged)
28 February, 2018 16:23
Quote:
talkshowhost86

The Flying Spaghetti Monster is in full support of me drinking Beer on the Holy day.

28 February, 2018 16:45
Quote:
never sleep
Quote:
talkshowhost86

The Flying Spaghetti Monster is in full support of me drinking Beer on the Holy day.

rAmen

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
28 February, 2018 16:53
mmm yummy

[en.wikipedia.org]

If at first you don't succeed, Try, Try and Try again.

01 March, 2018 09:56
Quote:
Scaramouche
mmm yummy
[en.wikipedia.org]

You're clearly not a Pastafarian.

Cookie (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 10:11
I'll be there, but mainly because my mate's band are playing! They're pretty good as it happens.

southquin (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 15:01
I'm not going. What with the weather and the current level of performance it smacks of a way to get my week-end off to the worst possible start.

So not so much a boycott by me more self-preservation.

quin_jon (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 15:08
Quote:
never sleep

I think you've made a good comparison with the Ulster game.

I won't be there, but that's to do with having to work and then relying on both Southern and South Western trains to get to, and more importantly back from Twickenham.

I'd guess an announced attendance of 7,013.

never sleep (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 15:21
I think we should have a sweep on the attendance figures.
DOK could put up the first prize of a slap-up meal at the Twickenham Tandoori including beer.
Who votes for this? Should we have a poll??

TheSouthfields2 (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 15:24
I'm hoping the game is one of those games that we all remember as a turning point, the "I was there moment". It's going to come so why not on Friday?

London_Falcon (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 15:32
I don't think boycotting a game is really the answer, surely that's wasting your own money?

When has JK's contract been extended to? Is it 2021?

In which case how about standing up and having 60 seconds of ironic applause when the match clock hits 21 minutes?

P.s. much as I enjoyed last Saturday, I have a soft spot for you as my local club and seeing you go through this is not great!

TW Quin (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 15:34
Quote:
Cookie
I'll be there, but mainly because my mate's band are playing! They're pretty good as it happens.

Iíll be there and hopefully the crowd get loud behind the team. Friday night so time for a couple of sharpeners too.

Pleased to hear thereís a good band as recently seems club have cut the budget and thus the quality of some of the bands adding to the general malaise!

Hellequin (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 21:08
I'll be there tomorrow night and making as much noise as the team deserve. Missed the Newcastle game due to illness(trust me would rather have been watching that performance).
Plan is to have enough beverages before the Match to keep myself warm. Also need to develop an ingenious method to drink a beer whilst keeping my face covered with a scarf.

Cookie (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 02:10
Quote:
TW Quin
Quote:
Cookie

Iíll be there and hopefully the crowd get loud behind the team. Friday night so time for a couple of sharpeners too.

Pleased to hear thereís a good band as recently seems club have cut the budget and thus the quality of some of the bands adding to the general malaise!

They've cancelled the band as they don't want people staying late. Just want them to connected on getting home safely.

Navyquin (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 09:23
Sadly I don't have much option as Abellio have cancelled trains running on my line all day and into Saturday.

RleQuin (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 13:02
Letís hope the Irish donít do a Leeds and start winning because we could be in trouble if they do!
The things to boycott are the eating places and shops.
Revenue will drop like a stone - then they will realise thereís a problem.
RleQ

blucherquin (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 17:07
Well they canít have helped but notice the boycott. Not a single fan showed up. A clear message Iíd say.

Hellequin (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 17:42
Best defensive performance as well not a single point or penalty conceded.

DOK. (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 18:07
And no yellow cards! smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net