Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Re: Twickenham Weather this Friday
talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 12:39
Quote:
blucherquin
Comments under the club tweet are pathetic.
ďThink about fan safetyĒ ďitís dangerousĒ

Most pathetic rubbish Iíve ever heard,

Itís not compulsory to attend, if driving conditions are dangerous then donít drive.

The idea that the club has to stop idiots driving badly in poor driving conditions itís extraordinay.

Take some responsibility for your life. Honest to Christ itís pathetic.

Watch out guys. We've got a real badass on our hands here.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 12:40
[quote QuickerQuin][quote blucherquin]Comments under the club tweet are pathetic.

Itís not compulsory to attend, if driving conditions are dangerous then donít drive.

The idea that the club has to stop idiots driving badly in poor driving conditions itís extraordinay.

Take some responsibility for your life. Honest to Christ itís pathetic.[/quote

Calm down dear.[/quote]

Well yes - but honestly - there are people having a go at the club saying theyíre putting people in danger. I mean please.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 12:41
Quote:
talkshowhost86
Quote:
blucherquin

Nah I was just born before 1990, so I donít think the world has to protect me from myself .

Cookie (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 12:44
Well Iíve been on there trying (not doubt in vain) to tell them to direct their ire at PR rather than Quins. There simply is no basis on which we can postpone the game at the moment.

SiBolton (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 12:47
Some of the comments are pathetic on social media
Fans safety, itís the club trying to divert attention from on pitch performance, havenít seen its JK fault itís snowed yet, but wouldnít be surprised

There are set criteria Iím sure to cancel a game, if you donít want to travel donít, itís simple, and the games on telly.
And if the club do manage to put the game on then weíll done, it wasnít that long ago a certain club with an artificial pitch had to reschedule a game to a Monday nigh5 and disappoint a good few supporters

talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 12:50
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
talkshowhost86
Quote:
blucherquin

Nah I was just born before 1990, so I donít think the world has to protect me from myself .

Agree that some people take it too far, but seeing as loads of people aren't going to be able to make it, if there is a free weekend then it would make more sense to do it then.

It's annoying that I'm effectively wasting season ticket money by not being able to go tonight, and I'm sure there are lots of people in the same position.

But I doubt Quins are even allowed to call it off unless there's an obvious reason to do so, so not sure what people are complaining about.

Fearless Fred (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 12:50
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
kevin
Quote:
QuickerQuin
Anybody like to have a small wager with me that the game is not played tonight. (Full 80 minutes)?
My money on a postponement.

Would be rubbish if they did considering they said it was highly unlikely and thereís no snow anywhere within 5 miles of the Stoop.

And of course all our family live within 5 miles of the Stoop... /S

If the game goes ahead, my guess is that there will be a similar size cropped to the snowy game back in December.

QuinAlan (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 12:55
Its not a case of not wanting to travel, more totally unable to travel. Personally I cant get my car off my driveway, the car is covered in a 40mm layer of solid ice, as is the driveway which is on an incline. Roads are a nightmare. Trains are cancelled also. We've had an unprecedented weather event within the clubs catchment area, where an awful lot of members live. Plus those coming up from Bath which has had even worse conditions. It would be very insensitive if this game went ahead. Oh & Blucherquin I'm so glad to hear everything is rosy in your world!

blucherquin (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 12:58
Quote:
Fearless Fred
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
kevin
Quote:
QuickerQuin
Anybody like to have a small wager with me that the game is not played tonight. (Full 80 minutes)?

Would be rubbish if they did considering they said it was highly unlikely and thereís no snow anywhere within 5 miles of the Stoop.

And of course all our family live within 5 miles of the Stoop... /S

If the game goes ahead, my guess is that there will be a similar size cropped to the snowy game back in December.

No of course not everyone lives near. But the comments are quite amazing.

Anyone in London should have no problem - nor anyone driving from around ďM25Ē towns near SW London.

Totally understand itís a pain as Iíve said several times. But a decent number of social media posters are accusing the club of putting peopleís lives in danger.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 13:04
Quote:
QuinAlan
Its not a case of not wanting to travel, more totally unable to travel. Personally I cant get my car off my driveway, the car is covered in a 40mm layer of solid ice, as is the driveway which is on an incline. Roads are a nightmare. Trains are cancelled also. We've had an unprecedented weather event within the clubs catchment area, where an awful lot of members live. Plus those coming up from Bath which has had even worse conditions. It would be very insensitive if this game went ahead. Oh & Blucherquin I'm so glad to hear everything is rosy in your world!

On your last sentence - thatís not my point at all - as pointed out multiple times in the conversation.

I really genuinely do not understand how itís ďinsensitiveĒ, itís not a terrorist bombing. And by no measure is cold weather and snow at the end of February ďan unprecedented weather eventĒ just because itís compulsory to give snow a stupid name now.

I understand itís massively annoying not to be able to make it. Iíd be annoyed too. But itís not the clubís problem.

Like itís not an airlineís problem if you get stuck in a traffic jam or a hotelís problem if your kid gets sick and you have to cancel on a ďno refundĒ booking. (Both of which my bank account still bears the scars)

Itís blaming the club for managing to make sure the game goes ahead I find very strange.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2018 13:17 by blucherquin.

Which Tyler (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 13:05
May I ask what the latest weather is like in West London?

Not so much for tonights match; but for collecting my aged mother from Heathrow tomorrow night.

Cheers for any local knowledge

A man who cannot change his mind, cannot change anything
http://www.rugbyrebels.co/board/download/file.php?id=608
RAEBURN SHIELD

Stooperman (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 13:07
Agree with Blucherquin here, can't blame the club for putting the fixture on. They would almost certainly be fined if they didn't have a good reason for postponing.

People need to take responsibility for their own safety, which is why I'm not going - there's every chance I'd get stranded either on the way there or the way back - and there's no way I could take my old dad , risk of falls too high. So I'll be watching on TV.

If you're going, then you wrap up warm, wear appropriate footwear, make sure you've got money and a phone and possibly a cheeky hip flask - what's the problem?

I remember one match in 2010 where it was way colder than this and about 9-10,000 people turned up and had a great time and there were no injuries that I was aware of.

COYQ!

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 13:14
I sort of know what Blucherquin means, there is an expectation from people that all should be provided on a plate sometimes.

If at first you don't succeed, Try, Try and Try again.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 13:16
Quote:
Which Tyler
Not so much for tonights match; but for collecting my aged mother from Heathrow tomorrow night.

Clear roads, no snow at the moment, it rained 10 mins ago. Thereís a 60-80% chance of ďlight snowĒ through the evening but thatís been the same for days and itís amounted to nothing.

If it changes Iíll shout! (For help, stuck in the east stand)

Which Tyler (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 13:20
Thank you - so if I can get hold of my London contacts, it shouldn't (in theory) be a problem getting someone there.

Personally, I'm trapped at home due to a car crash at one end of the estate; and a tree down at t'other!; een then I think the road between here and the M5 is closed too.

A man who cannot change his mind, cannot change anything
http://www.rugbyrebels.co/board/download/file.php?id=608
RAEBURN SHIELD

QuickerQuin (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 13:22
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
Which Tyler

Clear roads, no snow at the moment, it rained 10 mins ago. Thereís a 60-80% chance of ďlight snowĒ through the evening but thatís been the same for days and itís amounted to nothing.

Try not to worry, blucherquin, in no time at all you will be in the Sussex Arms with your cardigan wearing chums and it will all just seem like a bad dream.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 13:28
Don't know why blucherquin is getting stick when all he is saying is that people need to take some responsibility for their own well being and pointing out that local to him the weather is not so far a major issue.

Where else would you keep your pipe and baccy if you didn't wear a cardigan?

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 13:44
Quote:
Stooperman
Agree with Blucherquin here, can't blame the club for putting the fixture on. They would almost certainly be fined if they didn't have a good reason for postponing.
People need to take responsibility for their own safety, which is why I'm not going - there's every chance I'd get stranded either on the way there or the way back - and there's no way I could take my old dad , risk of falls too high. So I'll be watching on TV.

If you're going, then you wrap up warm, wear appropriate footwear, make sure you've got money and a phone and possibly a cheeky hip flask - what's the problem?

I remember one match in 2010 where it was way colder than this and about 9-10,000 people turned up and had a great time and there were no injuries that I was aware of.

COYQ!
Did the only train company servicing the area cancel all their services?

blucherquin (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 13:47
Quote:
QuickerQuin
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
Which Tyler

Try not to worry, blucherquin, in no time at all you will be in the Sussex Arms with your cardigan wearing chums and it will all just seem like a bad dream.

Ok youíre the bloke whoís never been to the Sussex

02 March, 2018 13:47
Drinking in the Sussex arms and supporting Quins.

We should treat the man sympathetically, he obviously has a tough life.

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 13:55
Quote:
Cookie
Well Iíve been on there trying (not doubt in vain) to tell them to direct their ire at PR rather than Quins. There simply is no basis on which we can postpone the game at the moment.

Of course there is. How about "half our fans won't be able to get home because there are no trains.

On what basis have all the other clubs postponed?

Samquin (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 14:04
Snow again in Teddington. Just over 2 miles from the Stoop. Also settling.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 14:09
Uh oh....

Any news on the Pitch Inspection?

02 March, 2018 14:13
Tofty and Nick Easter are building a snow man.....

blucherquin (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 14:21
Quote:
Quins brixton branch

Yeah but bits of it just keeping melting away.

Apparently the snow is acting independently of their plan.

Freddiequin (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 14:21
Just left Twickenham, its light snow and settling but not something I would worry to much about if you live close to the ground but I can see how those travelling in might have issues, particularly as it appears the trains are stopping at 8.00pm

blucherquin (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 14:33
Yeah the snow is very light and canít see it being an issue. Trains killed it.

DOK. (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 14:39
Just turning into "Good King Wenceslas" weather in Twickenham now.
The club made the right decision.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 14:43
Quote:
Quins brixton branch

Well at least its not a Straw man!

QuickerQuin (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 15:14
Quote:
QuickerQuin

Oh?

Could anyone tell me where I go to collect my money, please?

Honestly, I don't mind where I go - as long as it's not the Sussex Arms!

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 15:23
Ignore begins with IG!

kevin (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 15:27
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
kevin
Quote:
QuickerQuin

Need I say anything?

Mayor West (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 15:48
Oh blucherquin! It's all gone horribly wrong. Lots of snow and the game is off. You'll have to eat humble snow now. Avoid any that's not white.

Dave L (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 16:07
One of those things. Hoping it'll be at a time I can make on Sunday. Feel for anyone mid journey too.

I'd imagine this was one of those situations where nobody decided who actually had the authority to call the game off.

DOK. (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 16:34
Well, there's the announcement from SWT. There's discussions to be had with the TV people. There's discussions to be had with Bath re playing the game and discussions to be had with Bath re postponing the game and when it could be rearranged. There may even have been a wait to see results on social media of the SWT announcement. And, as you say, that's before you find anyone who could actually categorically decide the game's off.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 16:37
Quote:
Mayor West
Oh blucherquin! It's all gone horribly wrong. Lots of snow and the game is off. You'll have to eat humble snow now. Avoid any that's not white.

Boom - there we go. Ignore what I actually wrote and post what you want

By the way, it isnít snowing in Twickenham and itís warmer now than last four days.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 16:39
Quote:
kevin
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
kevin
Quote:
QuickerQuin

Need I say anything?

Yeah how about ďI want to be you; i worship you, I secretly dream about youĒ.

All I can say is, not snowing in Twickenham, and nothing fell to stop anyone going to a rugby match.

Mayor West (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 16:52
Calm down blucherquin. You've been banging on about not having any snow and it's not going to snow and it won't snow, much as I did last week (but not on here). Now everywhere, apart from Twickenham you say, has a good carpet of the stuff. I'm 2.5 miles from The Stoop and it is snowing lightly onto the White covered outside surfaces.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 17:11
Quote:
Mayor West
Calm down blucherquin. You've been banging on about not having any snow and it's not going to snow and it won't snow, much as I did last week (but not on here). Now everywhere, apart from Twickenham you say, has a good carpet of the stuff. I'm 2.5 miles from The Stoop and it is snowing lightly onto the White covered outside surfaces.

Yes it snowed but whatís in my garden isnít enough to stop a rugby match, with a pitch thatís been covered all week. Games have always been played in snow. But thatís not (to repeat myself endlessly) what Iím annoyed about.

Whatís annoyed me is how they stuffed it up. See the other thread - people drove down from Staffordshire coz club said game was on until 230pm.

So first of all everyone who couldnít make it was angry, including the unhinged people who said they were being forced to die in snow and ice by the club, now everyone who did travel because of the clubs reassurances are angry.

Stooperman (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 17:14
(Sm128)Stop the Bath coach, turn it around! Games on, we're playing it in Blucherquin's garden. Jumpers for goalposts and herbaceous border for the dead ball line.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2018 17:15 by Stooperman.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 17:19
Even if the club said the game was on at the time, anyone taking the chance to travel (if living far away) must have known there was a chance the weather would win, only had to look at the forecast.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 17:21
Quote:
Stooperman
(Sm128)Stop the Bath coach, turn it around! Games on, we're playing it in Blucherquin's garden. Jumpers for goalposts and herbaceous border for the dead ball line.

Perfect

Apparently Bath made it fine and are now driving back - hope they donít get stuck.....

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 18:11
Skins one side and Cardigans the other...

Mayor West (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 18:49
The problem seems to be , Do you trust the forecast? No is the answer. However, it was spot on. Hindsight as they say......

blucherquin (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 19:10
Quote:
Mayor West
The problem seems to be , Do you trust the forecast? No is the answer. However, it was spot on. Hindsight as they say......

Yeah it was spot on. Hasnít snowed since. 1cm fell. As someone else said - wonder if they managed to avoid a fine by blaming trains.

kevin (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 20:32
Do folks post for sake of posting these days? Lonely soles.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 21:23
? One footed posters?

blucherquin (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 22:29
Quote:
kevin
Do folks post for sake of posting these days? Lonely soles.

We know our plaice and cod is on our side.

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 23:10
Quote:
Mayor West

He's not the only one (absolutely no reference to you, MW!!!)

DOK. (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 07:57
Big thaw has just begun!

blucherquin (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 08:03
Yeah the 1cm of deadly snow in London has gone after it stopped snowing at 3pm.

SWT you really know how to run a railway.

QuickerQuin (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 08:29
Quote:
blucherquin
Yeah the 1cm of deadly snow in London has gone after it stopped snowing at 3pm.
SWT you really know how to run a railway.

I do admire a man who knows how to nurse a grievance.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 09:07
He does do it very wellsmiling smiley

Hellequin (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 12:59
Snow has pretty much gone from the Heathrow area. Just out of interest is there a reason why the postponed games were moved to Sunday rather than Saturday?

blucherquin (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 14:15
I love a good grievance - makes the board more fun.

Cookie (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 08:54
Hilariously, a mate who was in Nuffield yesterday rang me to say there was still a ton of snow on the pitch. Seems they must have taken the tent down before the forecasted snow dropped exactly as forecasted. Would say that was a big a part of the reason as the trains.

QuickerQuin (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 08:56
Quote:
Cookie
Hilariously, a mate who was in Nuffield yesterday rang me to say there was still a ton of snow on the pitch. Seems they must have taken the tent down before the forecasted snow dropped exactly as forecasted. Would say that was a big a part of the reason as the trains.

Where's Nuffield?

Mayor West (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 09:20
It's the gym by the corner of north and east stands at Stoop. The pitch was covered but as the snow came late they might not have had time to clear it off the covers before the game.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 09:38
Quote:
Mayor West
It's the gym by the corner of north and east stands at Stoop. The pitch was covered but as the snow came late they might not have had time to clear it off the covers before the game.

Oddly as I think someone predicted at the start of the week, donít they have to clear everything off the pitch a few hours before for the inspection and thatís exactly when the brief bit of snow arrived?

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 11:44
What a bunch of absolute snowflakes, honestly.

DOK. (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 11:55
Well, it's currently raining. According to the Beeb at kick off it will be 8 degrees (feel like 6). 33% chance of rain.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 11:58
Its absolutely lobbing it down in Zummerzet.

DOK. (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 17:26
Well, in fact 0% rain turned up. It was cold but not unbearable.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net