Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Nigel Owens is a Gay
DOK (IP Logged)
27 February, 2018 20:59

Re: Nigel Owens is a Gay
T-Bone (IP Logged)
27 February, 2018 21:18
Not really sure why they felt the need to issue an explanation, unless they were trying to stop the inevitable deluge of complaints by vicariously offended people. Rather amusing really. His response on twitter was excellent

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
27 February, 2018 22:42
They just cannot get this voice/print software right can they? I was at Olympia during the build up to an IBM launch of voice activated software years ago where the presentation was in full flow showing how the presenters words into a microphone could so easily be translated into the written word on screen.At this point, a Contractor working nearby dropped a hammer on his foot and uttered an expletive along the lines of sex and travel and this popped up, clear as a bell on the presenters screen to the crowd.

What we wanted to know was who had programmed this into the voice activated softwaresmiling smiley

If at first you don't succeed, Try, Try and Try again.

DOK (IP Logged)
28 February, 2018 10:39
Reminds me of the (apocryphal) story of the IBM man first showing voice recognition to a crowd using a laptop. Suddenly someone in the audience shouts out.

"format c:"
"yes"

smiling smiley

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
28 February, 2018 10:50
I have no idea why that is funny? My Tech Butler is currently indisposed at HM's pleasure.

confused smiley

oakhaven (IP Logged)
28 February, 2018 11:17
Quote:
Scaramouche
I have no idea why that is funny? My Tech Butler is currently indisposed at HM's pleasure.

He was trying to use his voice to reformat the C drive on the laptop the IBM chap was using. If you were typing in DOS, the command would have been "format C", then they'd ask you to confirm the instruction, upon which you'd type "yes". Just being a wag basically.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
28 February, 2018 11:20
Ohhhhhhhh right, thanks. I'm assuming that formatting c drive is undesirable thensmiling smiley

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
28 February, 2018 12:03
Not really. You can roll the drive back by popping it in the microwave for a few minutes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 28/02/2018 14:12 by RodneyRegis.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
28 February, 2018 12:30
Is that a Catholic joke? smiling smiley

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
28 February, 2018 14:12
No my son.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net