rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site


Ward on fan walk outs, boycotts and performance
blucherquin (IP Logged)
28 February, 2018 19:05
Well we asked for it and here it is - good stuff from Dave Ward - heís asked fans to come on Friday and back them.

He says ďweíve heard about boycottsĒ, so someone reads this bloody board after all.

I think this is great.

[www.facebook.com]



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 28/02/2018 19:06 by blucherquin.

 
Re: Ward on fan walk outs, boycotts and performance
Grunge Quin (IP Logged)
28 February, 2018 19:13
I'd say they have been backed a fair bit over the last few years so it seems rich to suggest the fans havent.

The whole "Its not the coaches or John" reminds me of when your given a shite Present by a relative and your asked how you like it, so rather than hurt nans feelings you tell her it was great.

Ironic dave talking about discipline also, hes one of the bigger liabilities on the team.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 28/02/2018 19:16 by Grunge Quin.

 
Re: Ward on fan walk outs, boycotts and performance
blucherquin (IP Logged)
28 February, 2018 19:21
Ok, maybe you watched something else

Seems angry to me and motivated - but guess you take what you want from these things.

 
Re: Ward on fan walk outs, boycotts and performance
quinsfan123 (IP Logged)
28 February, 2018 19:31
Quins fans certainly have a right to be annoyed about the clubs current malaise considering the squad we have and the amount fans pay to come to games. If Ward doesn't like the fact we're leaving games early then maybe he should think why we are doing it in the first place and recognise the commitment we go to get to games. Why bloody stay till the bitter end: if at minute 65 we are 30 odd points down. You Dave should get your act together or go to another club cause frankly you are not good enough to start for this great club, let alone be our captain.

 
Re: Ward on fan walk outs, boycotts and performance
Hellequin (IP Logged)
28 February, 2018 19:34
Thought it was a really good interview, he was frank,
passionate and frustrated. If Quins can play the way he says they want to; giving everything they've got, I'll be happy to do my bit in the stand.

 
Re: Ward on fan walk outs, boycotts and performance
never sleep (IP Logged)
28 February, 2018 19:43
I will be there. I will make a noise, drink beer, freeze and more than likely, stay till the bitter end.
Basically, I wouldn't miss it.

 
Re: Ward on fan walk outs, boycotts and performance
Stooperman (IP Logged)
28 February, 2018 19:51
Excellent interview. Dave was frank, honest, motivated and exactly what I would want to see from a senior player.

COYQ!

 
Re: Ward on fan walk outs, boycotts and performance
blucherquin (IP Logged)
28 February, 2018 20:01
Quote:
quinsfan123
Quins fans certainly have a right to be annoyed about the clubs current malaise considering the squad we have and the amount fans pay to come to games. If Ward doesn't like the fact we're leaving games early then maybe he should think why we are doing it in the first place and recognise the commitment we go to get to games. Why bloody stay till the bitter end: if at minute 65 we are 30 odd points down. You Dave should get your act together or go to another club cause frankly you are not good enough to start for this great club, let alone be our captain.

I think Facebook might be better for you. One of those pages where itís ok to slag everyone off from your seat in McDonalds.

 
Re: Ward on fan walk outs, boycotts and performance
Scaramouche (IP Logged)
28 February, 2018 20:12
Comms Dept spot on. Wardy is a Quins legend.



If at first you don't succeed, Try, Try and Try again.

 
Re: Ward on fan walk outs, boycotts and performance
talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
28 February, 2018 20:53
Quote:
Stooperman
Excellent interview. Dave was frank, honest, motivated and exactly what I would want to see from a senior player.
COYQ!

Indeed. We haven't seen nearly enough of this from anyone within the club recently.

Obviously it needs to be backed up by performances but it's better than 'let's get Friday out of the way'

 
Re: Ward on fan walk outs, boycotts and performance
Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
28 February, 2018 20:55
Quote:
Scaramouche
Comms Dept spot on. Wardy is a Quins legend.

Couldn't agree more.

 
Re: Ward on fan walk outs, boycotts and performance
talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
28 February, 2018 21:04
Quote:
Scaramouche
Comms Dept spot on. Wardy is a Quins legend.

It's a shame that the comms dept is currently the best performing dept in the club.

I wonder if any of them can play in the back row?

But generally at least it's good to see the club responding to the fans.

 
Re: Ward on fan walk outs, boycotts and performance
WoTQuin (IP Logged)
28 February, 2018 20:59
Great passion from Dave Ward which we have come to expect. What he doesnít say is why they are underperforming. He has tried to take the pressure off JK and the coaching team, we might expect that, but if they are doing a great job, why are the players underperforming? It makes no sense and it has been going on too long.

 
Re: Ward on fan walk outs, boycotts and performance
talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
28 February, 2018 21:05
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
Scaramouche
Comms Dept spot on. Wardy is a Quins legend.

Couldn't agree more.

Didn't you say it didn't matter what fans thought? Only matters what the board think?

Clearly the board don't agree.

 
Re: Ward on fan walk outs, boycotts and performance
Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
28 February, 2018 21:09
Quote:
talkshowhost86
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
Scaramouche
Comms Dept spot on. Wardy is a Quins legend.

Couldn't agree more.

Didn't you say it didn't matter what fans thought? Only matters what the board think?

Clearly the board don't agree.

Not sure what point you're trying to make. When it comes to whether or not to sack JK, it only the board that matters, not fans.

We don't know who decide to do this PR - could even have been suggested by the players.

Dave Ward trying to gee up the fans bears no relation to calls for the sacking of JK.

 
Re: Ward on fan walk outs, boycotts and performance
Stooperman (IP Logged)
28 February, 2018 21:25
Quote:
Quinky Kin

Not sure what point you're trying to make. When it comes to whether or not to sack JK, it only the board that matters, not fans.

We don't know who decide to do this PR - could even have been suggested by the players.

Dave Ward trying to gee up the fans bears no relation to calls for the sacking of JK.

Not sure which time zone you are currently in QK (eerily reminiscent of JK,no?). But anyway, "it only the board that matters" & "We don't know who decide to do this PR" are not recognised examples of English grammar.

I know you're desperate to defend your uncle, brother, husband, or whoever JK may be to you...but step away from the Johnny Walker and have another go tomorrow eh?

Anyway - back to the main point. Well said, Dave Ward - now back it up on the pitch!

 
Re: Ward on fan walk outs, boycotts and performance
talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
28 February, 2018 21:30
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
talkshowhost86
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
Scaramouche
Comms Dept spot on. Wardy is a Quins legend.

Couldn't agree more.

Didn't you say it didn't matter what fans thought? Only matters what the board think?

Clearly the board don't agree.

Not sure what point you're trying to make. When it comes to whether or not to sack JK, it only the board that matters, not fans.

We don't know who decide to do this PR - could even have been suggested by the players.

Dave Ward trying to gee up the fans bears no relation to calls for the sacking of JK.

Come on...do you honestly think this bit of marketing has nothing to do with the feelings being aired about JK?

It's 100% a response to that and I'd be incredibly surprised if it came from the players.

Anyway I suppose it doesn't really matter. If they back it up on Friday then all is good. If not then I wonder who gets wheeled out next?

 
Re: Ward on fan walk outs, boycotts and performance
Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
28 February, 2018 21:37
Quote:
Stooperman
Quote:
Quinky Kin

Not sure what point you're trying to make. When it comes to whether or not to sack JK, it only the board that matters, not fans.

We don't know who decide to do this PR - could even have been suggested by the players.

Dave Ward trying to gee up the fans bears no relation to calls for the sacking of JK.

Not sure which time zone you are currently in QK (eerily reminiscent of JK,no?). But anyway, "it only the board that matters" & "We don't know who decide to do this PR" are not recognised examples of English grammar.

I know you're desperate to defend your uncle, brother, husband, or whoever JK may be to you...but step away from the Johnny Walker and have another go tomorrow eh?

Anyway - back to the main point. Well said, Dave Ward - now back it up on the pitch!

I'm a few hours ahead smiling smiley and stone cold sober!

 
Re: Ward on fan walk outs, boycotts and performance
RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
28 February, 2018 23:35
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
Scaramouche
Comms Dept spot on. Wardy is a Quins legend.

Couldn't agree more.

Shall we just take it as read that you agree with scara, and he agrees with you?

 
Re: Ward on fan walk outs, boycotts and performance
Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 04:56
Quote:
RodneyRegis
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
Scaramouche
Comms Dept spot on. Wardy is a Quins legend.

Couldn't agree more.

Shall we just take it as read that you agree with scara, and he agrees with you?

If you choose to, that's up to you.

 
Re: Ward on fan walk outs, boycotts and performance
DOK (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 08:06
I think there are a number of posters on this board who agree with each other. Just as there are a number guaranteed to take opposite views.

 
Re: Ward on fan walk outs, boycotts and performance
RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 09:25
Quote:
DOK
I think there are a number of posters on this board who agree with each other. Just as there are a number guaranteed to take opposite views.

Couldn't agree more.

 
Re: Ward on fan walk outs, boycotts and performance
Stooperman (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 09:34
Quote:
RodneyRegis
Quote:
DOK
I think there are a number of posters on this board who agree with each other. Just as there are a number guaranteed to take opposite views.

Couldn't agree more.

Seconded (Sm100)

 
Re: Ward on fan walk outs, boycotts and performance
T-Bone (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 09:54
Decent interview, just hope it's not more empty words. Not convinced about him trying to absolve JK and coaches from any blame but there we go. I know questioning players' effort and commitment is seen as a step too far for some. I'd never question ward's, but I do some others. Not convinced some would be prepared to crawl off the pitch. Doesn't really tally with flapping at tackles, jogging to breakdown or to field a kick. Anyway, good on ward for showing some fire

 
Re: Ward on fan walk outs, boycotts and performance
Cookie (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 10:18
Fair play to Wardy and as noted, interesting that he references 2 of the things mentioned hear (boycott, silence).

Clearly (as they should) the Comms team are reading the forum.

 
Re: Ward on fan walk outs, boycotts and performance
number_seven (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 10:46
I never really noticed his eyebrows before. They are impressive.

 
Re: Ward on fan walk outs, boycotts and performance
Scaramouche (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 11:51
Well its nice to see everyone being quite so agreeable!



If at first you don't succeed, Try, Try and Try again.

 
Re: Ward on fan walk outs, boycotts and performance
quinsfan123 (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 12:52
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
quinsfan123
Quins fans certainly have a right to be annoyed about the clubs current malaise considering the squad we have and the amount fans pay to come to games. If Ward doesn't like the fact we're leaving games early then maybe he should think why we are doing it in the first place and recognise the commitment we go to get to games. Why bloody stay till the bitter end: if at minute 65 we are 30 odd points down. You Dave should get your act together or go to another club cause frankly you are not good enough to start for this great club, let alone be our captain.

I think Facebook might be better for you. One of those pages where itís ok to slag everyone off from your seat in McDonalds.

What makes you think I sit in McDonalds?

 
Re: Ward on fan walk outs, boycotts and performance
Brown Bottle (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 17:56
Quote:
quinsfan123
Quote:
blucherquin

I think Facebook might be better for you. One of those pages where itís ok to slag everyone off from your seat in McDonalds.

What makes you think I sit in McDonalds?

Burger King?



BB

 
Re: Ward on fan walk outs, boycotts and performance
Mr_B (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 08:41
Ward is one of the few that seems to play his heart out regardless, not always great performance but always gives his all, wish some of the others played like that, him and Brown/The 2 CR's the few who do. Fair play to what he said but I think it goes deeper and for the fans it's not been just the last two games let's be fair its been a damn sight more than that. Fans react to what goes on the pitch, it's taken over a season of frustration to get to this point and it will take more than 1 game, it will take every game. I will be there to the end as usual and shouting as usual, whether I am shouting at the end of the game is up to the players. Fans don't like losing but if the team tries and loses to a better team so be it, if the team doesn't perform anywhere near that it should or can, then don't look at the fans walking as an issue, look at that as a bi-product of team performance, the whole set up needs to take a look in the mirror.

 
Re: Ward on fan walk outs, boycotts and performance
Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 15:28
Quote:
Brown Bottle
Quote:
quinsfan123
Quote:
blucherquin

I think Facebook might be better for you. One of those pages where itís ok to slag everyone off from your seat in McDonalds.

What makes you think I sit in McDonalds?

Burger King?

Wendy's, perhaps...

 
Re: Ward on fan walk outs, boycotts and performance
quinsfan123 (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 11:57
Quote:
Bolly-Quin
Quote:
Brown Bottle
Quote:
quinsfan123
Quote:
blucherquin

I think Facebook might be better for you. One of those pages where itís ok to slag everyone off from your seat in McDonalds.

What makes you think I sit in McDonalds?

Burger King?

Wendy's, perhaps...

I'm allowed to have a right to hold an opinion on Dave Ward and the clubs current situation. And I find the comments on where I'm writing from very patronizing.

 
Re: Ward on fan walk outs, boycotts and performance
Sara'sman (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 12:31
Hope you'll forgive the intrusion. You may find a trip to our board (Sarries) of interest if you read my IPP thread. I am aware of how you have suffered over the past few years during the International Periods, but even so I'm surprised by this year's effect.

I present a statistic that places you as a top four side!

 
Re: Ward on fan walk outs, boycotts and performance
Dave L (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 13:08
Quote:
Sara'sman
Hope you'll forgive the intrusion. You may find a trip to our board (Sarries) of interest if you read my IPP thread. I am aware of how you have suffered over the past few years during the International Periods, but even so I'm surprised by this year's effect.
I present a statistic that places you as a top four side!

Cheers! Itís an interesting stat. Shows how feeble our international break performances have been. And how reasonable our non international break performances have been. The stark contrast sums up our season.

 
Re: Ward on fan walk outs, boycotts and performance
Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 13:27
Quote:
quinsfan123

I'm allowed to have a right to hold an opinion on Dave Ward and the clubs current situation. And I find the comments on where I'm writing from very patronizing.

And people have the right to mock your opinion if they think it's silly.

 
Re: Ward on fan walk outs, boycotts and performance
TeddingtonQuin (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 15:53
Just listened to that again - 'Discipline - we're looking at that' Well it's nothing new, it's been appalling this season! Why hasn't it been coached out? Oh yes, I forgot, because our coaching 'team' are utterly ineffectual, that's why



West Stand, Block FD, Row S (if renewed)
@JT075 #COYQ

 
Re: Ward on fan walk outs, boycotts and performance
Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 15:56
Those damn coaches giving away all those penalties.

 
Re: Ward on fan walk outs, boycotts and performance
talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 17:13
Quote:
Quinten Poulsen
Those damn coaches giving away all those penalties.

You cannot absolve the coaching team from blame on that.

Yes the players take the blame, but so do the coaches, either in terms of coaching or team selection.

 
Re: Ward on fan walk outs, boycotts and performance
DOK (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 18:11
You can't just absolve the players by saying they're picked by a coach therefore it's all the coach's fault whatever they do. It's true in table football, it's not true in rugby football.

 
Re: Ward on fan walk outs, boycotts and performance
talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 18:31
Quote:
DOK
You can't just absolve the players by saying they're picked by a coach therefore it's all the coach's fault whatever they do. It's true in table football, it's not true in rugby football.

Did you miss the line 'yes the players take the blame'?

 
Re: Ward on fan walk outs, boycotts and performance
DOK (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 18:48
No.

 
Re: Ward on fan walk outs, boycotts and performance
Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 19:47
Quote:
talkshowhost86
Quote:
Quinten Poulsen
Those damn coaches giving away all those penalties.

You cannot absolve the coaching team from blame on that.

Yes the players take the blame, but so do the coaches, either in terms of coaching or team selection.

Agree.

 
Re: Ward on fan walk outs, boycotts and performance
TeddingtonQuin (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 21:14
Quote:
TeddingtonQuin
Just listened to that again - 'Discipline - we're looking at that' Well it's nothing new, it's been appalling this season! Why hasn't it been coached out? Oh yes, I forgot, because our coaching 'team' are utterly ineffectual, that's why

Quote:
Quinten Poulsen
Those damn coaches giving away all those penalties.

Quote:
Quinten Poulsen
Quote:
talkshowhost86
Quote:
Quinten Poulsen
Those damn coaches giving away all those penalties.

You cannot absolve the coaching team from blame on that.

Yes the players take the blame, but so do the coaches, either in terms of coaching or team selection.

Agree.

Haven't you argued against your own point there?!



West Stand, Block FD, Row S (if renewed)
@JT075 #COYQ

 
Re: Ward on fan walk outs, boycotts and performance
TeddingtonQuin (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 21:18
Quote:
DOK
You can't just absolve the players by saying they're picked by a coach therefore it's all the coach's fault whatever they do. It's true in table football, it's not true in rugby football.

It's simple enough: "You give away penalties, you're dropped" and coach the breakdown play so as not to give them away.

It's rugby, not nuclear physics



West Stand, Block FD, Row S (if renewed)
@JT075 #COYQ

 
Re: Ward on fan walk outs, boycotts and performance
Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 23:16
Quote:
TeddingtonQuin
Haven't you argued against your own point there?!

No. I think the players should shoulder the majority of the blame as they're the ones lacking the discipline.

 
Re: Ward on fan walk outs, boycotts and performance
talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 23:39
Quote:
DOK
No.

Then without being too unkind your post was pointless

 
Re: Ward on fan walk outs, boycotts and performance
Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 03:54
Quote:
talkshowhost86
Quote:
Quinten Poulsen
Those damn coaches giving away all those penalties.

You cannot absolve the coaching team from blame on that.

Yes the players take the blame, but so do the coaches, either in terms of coaching or team selection.

And yet JK is lambasted for daring to blame the players.

It's a mystery.

 
Re: Ward on fan walk outs, boycotts and performance
talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 07:39
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
talkshowhost86
Quote:
Quinten Poulsen
Those damn coaches giving away all those penalties.

You cannot absolve the coaching team from blame on that.

Yes the players take the blame, but so do the coaches, either in terms of coaching or team selection.

And yet JK is lambasted for daring to blame the players.

It's a mystery.

Not by me.

I think the players deserve blame.

But it would be nice to see others taking some responsibility as well.

 
Re: Ward on fan walk outs, boycotts and performance
Mayor West (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 09:45
I'm not sure we have the luxury of dropping players who don't do as they are told at the moment.

 
Re: Ward on fan walk outs, boycotts and performance
DOK (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 10:01
Indeed. We dropped everyone who gave away a stupid penalty, we couldn't field a sevens team. Certainly wouldn't be worth having Horwill as a marquee player.


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net
 
 

Who is online?

Total users online:  

Most users online:  

Users on this site:  

Where are they?