rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

OT: Eddie Jones Abused
DOK (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 10:48
Poor bloke has just travelling by train

and what Eddie said about it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2018 10:52 by DOK.

Re: OT: Eddie Jones Abused
blucherquin (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 11:54
Quote:

Well there's a big furore about it, but then there is about everything now.

They're clearly just drunk (insert favourite word that will be blocked).

Not sure it says much about the world other than there are people drinking out of big cans of cheap lager and behaving like (insert another word) in broad daylight at Manchester train station on a Sunday afternoon.....which has been the case forever.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 12:03
Sorry Eddie.

If at first you don't succeed, Try, Try and Try again.

Cookie (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 12:06
Shame. I was at Murrayfield and inside and outside the ground the Scots were magnanimous and good fun. I was in my Quins blazer, so very clearly English, but didn't get a single Scot give me any stick.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 15:47
No indication that they're rugby fans as opposed to just drunks.

QuickerQuin (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 16:06
Be humble in victory and gracious in defeat.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 17:42
Quote:
QuickerQuin

Advice no England fan has ever understood.

Teddington Taff (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 17:48
He's angling for a personal driver. He chose to stop off at Manchester rather than travel with the official party.

woodywuss (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 22:06
Was invited to watch Man. U v Chelsea by Alex Ferguson.

kevin (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 22:18
Quote:
blucherquin
Headin sand.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 07:48
Quote:
kevin
Quote:
blucherquin
Headin sand.

I could just ignore it - but....

Has it exposed the ďtruthĒ about rugby fans - no
Have rugby fans started behaving badly and itís symptomatic of a decline in society - no they always have
Is there anything more patronising than rugby claiming some kind of moral high ground over football - no

But - this was just some gits outside a train station nowhere near any rugby event. Iíve frequently had to avoid drunk gits in Manchester.

Is it more surprising that Eddie jones takes a train in standard class with everyone else? Yep.

Should he be able to without fear of being annoyed? Probably but itís not 1950 and enough people who arenít famous get hassled by drunks on trains to make it very strange that heíd risk it.

So itís not much of a story - and I am sand free, cheers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2018 08:08 by blucherquin.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 11:11
Weren't they Scottish footy fans? EJ may not understand the difference over here.

If at first you don't succeed, Try, Try and Try again.

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 22:45
Quote:
Scaramouche
Weren't they Scottish footy fans? EJ may not understand the difference over here.

They said "play Robshaw at 6 and Underhill at 7 - then you'll be in a better position to win"...

Perhaps...

Monte (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 08:44
Rugby is starting to be just as abusive as football - just read the stuff posted 'anonomously' on here - some of it is just straight forward personal abuse that the person would be too cowardly to say to the coaches face.

Buzzboy (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 09:23
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
QuickerQuin

Rather sweeping statement. Do you have evidence?

blucherquin (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 11:01
Quote:
Buzzboy
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
QuickerQuin

This is the home of sweeping statements.

Iíd say of all fans who shouldnít throw stones in their very poorly glazed houses itís England fans - of which Iím one.

Iím lucky enough to be at HQ regularly and the Celtic accusation that itís full of people who know little about the game isnít far off the truth - and when Iím there with friends from whichever country weíre playing I regularly have to remind people that abusing the opposition isnít on.

I get embarrassed by it - and by the fact that there is - among the casual England fan - an assumption we will win and that - for example; Owens robbed us of that game - which he didnít

So yeah itís sweeping but I do shudder at my fellow England fans sometimes.

Dave L (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 13:06
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
Buzzboy
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
QuickerQuin

This is the home of sweeping statements.

Iíd say of all fans who shouldnít throw stones in their very poorly glazed houses itís England fans - of which Iím one.

Iím lucky enough to be at HQ regularly and the Celtic accusation that itís full of people who know little about the game isnít far off the truth - and when Iím there with friends from whichever country weíre playing I regularly have to remind people that abusing the opposition isnít on.

I get embarrassed by it - and by the fact that there is - among the casual England fan - an assumption we will win and that - for example; Owens robbed us of that game - which he didnít

So yeah itís sweeping but I do shudder at my fellow England fans sometimes.

Agreed on elements of the England crowd. So many day trippers these days who are there for a chat generally.

That said, thereís some real unpleasantness amongst elements of the Murrayfield crowd these days though which is a shame because my experience of Scottish rugby fans has always been overwhelmingly positive. Cardiff isnít without its idiots either. Arrogant English is a lazy stereotype, there are muppets everywhere.

Can you imagine the uproar if a Twickenham crowd booed the opposition coach interview like that group did at Murrayfield last week? We wouldnít hear the end of it.

Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 13:24
Quote:
Arrogant English is a lazy stereotype

Yep.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 14:14
Quote:
Quinten Poulsen
Quote:
Arrogant English is a lazy stereotype

Yep.

Lazy but true in my experience as a fervent England rugby fan.

Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 14:38
I'm also a fervent England fan and it's not true in my experience. Sure you get the odd dipstick, but having also been in Cardiff for many internationals I can confidently say the Welsh have their own fair share of dipsticks. No doubt it is the same for most nations.

Exiled Falcon (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 14:49
ďArrogant EnglandĒ is a phrase tediously thrown around by opposition fans and people with nothing better to do like Jim Telfer, however when presented with the opportunity to provide examples these accusers never quite manage to come up with anything by way of an example. Basically itís a lazy racial stereotype thatís chucked around to get a few Ďlikesí on social media or to make yourself popular with your supporters. Very tedious.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 14:53
Either way - ďrugby valuesĒ and being superior about ďour behaviourĒ will kill the game quicker than it grows it.

Telling people youíre better than them isnít often a good way to grow popularity - and thatís the debate thatís sprung up around an otherwise totally irrelevant incident.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net