Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Quins v Bath - Match Thread
ironquin (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 11:04
Looking forward to this one on BT Sports with a few beers by the fire

'Quins have not lost five in a row in the league since the 2006-07 season'.

Re: Quins v Bath - Match Thread
Scaramouche (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 12:00
Its still 0-0.

If at first you don't succeed, Try, Try and Try again.

ironquin (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 12:13
If we are losing by quite a margin then I want to see you fans who are going make a mass exodus on 70 minutes with 'JK OUT' ringing out around The Stoop.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 12:15
Quote:
ironquin
If we are losing by quite a margin then I want to see you fans who are going make a mass exodus on 70 minutes with 'JK OUT' ringing out around The Stoop.

All 3 of us have committed to stay to the end.

Stooperman (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 12:37
Our defence is nilling them at the moment!

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 12:50
Great sidestep from the groundsman, right there!

Sussex Phil (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 13:04
When can we expect an official announcement whether this thread is on or off?

Stooperman (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 13:09
This thread has been thoroughly gritted and given a high viz vest...there is no reason for the thread to be called off!

DOK. (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 14:53
Well think of it this way, come 22:00 we still won't have lost this game.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 15:00
Well what a boring game! Seems like its gonna be 0-0 for days and days.....(Sm100)

Nev's Left Boot (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 16:01
Quins longest unbeaten streak in one match?

JK is back IN!

ironquin (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 14:58
Still 0-0

ironquin (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 14:59
Stop in play for a split boot

Adams Jones is on.........with water

Lex (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 15:12
Well I canít get BT Sport extra 2 on virgin media. I am pushing the red button and only getting the two matches. Any ideas?

Lex

http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/travesmilies/smilie_rolli_1.gif

ironquin (IP Logged)
'If we have to crawl off on Friday night, then that's what we'll do because we're going to leave it all out there'. Dave Ward.

Quins 0-5 Bath

Hellequin (IP Logged)
Smallest crowd I have seen since I started coming to the Stoop in 2011.

Seagulls have spent more time in Bath's half than Quins have.

Catrikillis has looked our strongest tackler so far.
Another walk in try conceded. 0-5

Rocker (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 15:19
0-5 Bananaman try after Lang left exposed on the short side after a Bath scrum when he dropped a kick. Not a 15....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2018 15:20 by Rocker.

ironquin (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 15:14
Im watching through Sky TV through the red button and its ok. Can you watch it on tablet / ipad?

Rocker (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 15:22
Ball lost during ruck after a promising line out on their 22 :-(

ironquin (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 15:17
Im on BT Sport 1 with the Exeter game on then I press red button and I get the choice of 2 games, one of which is the Quins game.

Hellequin (IP Logged)
Losing ball on line out also when trying a rolling maul. Absolutely no skill, commitment or ideasl being shown by Quins. Absolute bull mess.

ironquin (IP Logged)
The seagulls look good on TV

Fairfax (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 15:21
Quote:
Lex
Well I canít get BT Sport extra 2 on virgin media. I am pushing the red button and only getting the two matches. Any ideas?

Makes two of us.

Rocker (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 15:26
7-5 visser intercept try

Hellequin (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 15:21
Bath get overconfident Visser inter pets runs the length of the field to score. Cat with the conversion.

ironquin (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 15:24
Great steel from Visser. Loose pass from Bath for Visser to intercept.

7-5

ironquin (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 15:27
10-5

Rocker (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 15:33
10-5 cat penalty

04 March, 2018 15:28
BT Sport through Virgin.

Cant get the quins game.

Ahhhh - Might be better that I can't see it.

Hellequin (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 15:34
Improvement from Quins Seagulls now on their side. 10-5 after cat misses a penalty

Rocker (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 15:40
Missed penalty by Cat, still 10-5

Fairfax (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 15:39
Quote:
Quins brixton branch
BT Sport through Virgin.
Cant get the quins game.

Just got off the phone to Virgin. They have received numerous complaints. Problem has been escalated and should be resolved " in next few hours".

Better jump in the car.

ironquin (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 15:40
Half Time 10-5

Cat amongst the pigeons

Rocker (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 15:50
Cat playing well. We're getting some pace and movement on the ball. I'd have to say though that visser's try was vital. Seemed to lift the team.

akb1 (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 15:48
Apart from the knock on Lang looking good as FB

ironquin (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 15:50
Go to Instagram and probullridingusa for First Half highlights of Quins v Bath

Lex (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 15:51
Quote:
Fairfax
Quote:
Quins brixton branch
BT Sport through Virgin.
Cant get the quins game.

Just got off the phone to Virgin. They have received numerous complaints. Problem has been escalated and should be resolved " in next few hours".

Better jump in the car.

OK, letís ring the Stoop and ask them to delay the second half until we are up and running!

Lex

http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/travesmilies/smilie_rolli_1.gif

QuinAlan (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 15:57
Stoop looking like Murrayfield for an Edinburgh game! Terrible defending for the Bath try down the short side, Chisholm I think. Apart from that we've looked fairly secure but not much go forward. Roberts making some ground but we dont get the ball away quick enough. Should be able to grind out a tough win. Should....

ironquin (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 16:05
Lang again school boy error and knocks on

ironquin (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 16:07
Matthews on for Glynn

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 16:17
Ok. Just managed to start watching. Can someone tell me who is playing well, or not so well?

Brown Bottle (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 16:18
Sink scores; Cat converts.

BB

ironquin (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 16:20
They are all playing well

Hellequin (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 16:26
17-5 apparently today is Sailis first AP match. QK did you miss the appalling 1st headless chicken half conveniently

ironquin (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 16:30
LUKE WALLACE FOR ENGLAND

ironquin (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 16:32
Let's get these All Blacks in playing for us

ironquin (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 16:39
Quins parking the bus holding out Bath. Chisholm again stops Bath

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 16:42
Quote:
Hellequin
17-5 apparently today is Sailis first AP match. QK did you miss the appalling 1st headless chicken half conveniently

I did. Started watching are 51 minutes. Only saw the score and was pleasantly surprised.

ironquin (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 16:42
Quins dig in and for 5 minutes defend and stop Bath from scoring

ironquin (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 16:44
Smith pen 20-5

Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 17:00
Quote:
Hellequin

Give them a break. They're a team with confidence obviously low, and they did what Dave Ward promised - fought like mad and got the win. Only 10 tackles missed from 154 attempts.

Well done Quins, that was a very pleasing win.

Rocker (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 17:08
Quote:
Quinten Poulsen
Quote:
Hellequin

Give them a break. They're a team with confidence obviously low, and they did what Dave Ward promised - fought like mad and got the win. Only 10 tackles missed from 154 attempts.

They did indeed fight and scrap for that. A pleasing and frankly unexpected win.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 17:06
Quote:
Rocker
Quote:
Quinten Poulsen
Quote:
Hellequin

They did indeed fight and scrap for that. A pleasing and frankly unexpected win.

Can we expect a wave of positivity from the usual detractors?

QuinAlan (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 17:08
Quins did what I hoped. Ground out a very important win. Yes there were small errors but we didnt balls it up this time. Thought the whole team stuck together & showed fight for 80 mins. As QP said, we came in very low on confidence & that shows something, perhaps small something but something. Chisholm had a great game, missed the tackle for the Bath try but everything else faultless. Wallace had a good second half. Thought the lads did fantastically not to concede a yellow on our line in the last 10 mins, & from that confidence grew. Oh & a superb turnover by Sailli.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 17:10
Good win that. Well done lads

04 March, 2018 17:10
I didn't see the Sailli turnover, but the one by Wallace on Vuna gave me the horn.

1908 (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 17:13
Great win. Well done Quins. Good day all round. Quins, Chiefs and Pirates win. Might open a cheeky bottle of red tonight.

Hellequin (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 17:16
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
Rocker
Quote:
Quinten Poulsen
Quote:
Hellequin

Can we expect a decent a decent performance for the remaining home games? Quins were much better in the 2nd half than the 1st half which I commented on.
I'd love to see Quins dominate a game and play the way we know they can.

A good win in the end but if we had performed better could have been much better.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 17:19
Superb. Great defence - which is a new thing.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 17:22
Quote:
Hellequin
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
Rocker
Quote:
Quinten Poulsen
Quote:
Hellequin

Can we expect a decent a decent performance for the remaining home games? Quins were much better in the 2nd half than the 1st half which I commented on.
I'd love to see Quins dominate a game and play the way we know they can.

A good win in the end but if we had performed better could have been much better.

I'll take your word for the performance. But the last 30 minutes showed huge grit, and excellent defence. These are areas where we've been found wanting much of the season. Baby steps, and all that, but I'd expect others to acknowledge the performance with as much gusto as they leap on every defeat.

Surprised that Smith was chased down at the end, and by a forward!!!

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 17:24
Mercer is no slouch, but Smith should have scored. Good defence.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 17:27
As pleased as I am with the win and improved performance, Im not going to get too carried away until we see it backed up with some consistency. Often this season (recent times) we have seen shoots of promise that get followed with a return to the norm. Despite that, lets enjoy the win and look forward to the next game with some hope.

QuinAlan (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 17:38
We are isolated in 9th place, 6 points behind 8th I think. Lets not get carried away. But that was much better.

Hellequin (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 17:44
Apparently not allowed to question Quinky on here orhe reports you to the Mods

Hellequin
Maybe if Quinky watched more of the games all the way through he would have a better understanding of other fans frustrations he would be able to participate in discussions rather than just indulging in cherry picking and point scoring.

Doktongue sticking out smileylease stop these sort of personal comments on other posters.

My post wasn't abusive and no more condescending than any of his posts towards me.

T-Bone (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 17:50
So much more like it. First half low on quality, high on effort. Second half did what we had to. Can't fault a single player for effort today. Do that the rest of the season and it'll give us something for next season.

Lewis, while still not particularly good, was so much quicker. Mat carrying hard, Wallace at the breakdown, yet another visser intercept.

Surprised Smith was caught.

I have questioned the effort and commitment recently but not today. Well done to all involved.

Half decent atmosphere too. There are some really miserable fans. One guy in row f or so in northern stand moaning about the cheering. Why bother coming. First win in ages and wonders why people are getting excited.

Really hope we can back that up, even if the season is done in terms of a decent league position

Hellequin (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 17:48
Much better performance from Quins in the 2nd half.
Better choices in contesting the ball and general skills. Subs come on and made a positive difference.

04 March, 2018 17:49
The effort and commitment was clearly on show last week in that first half, but the attack was so ineffectual once we went behind in the second.

T-Bone (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 18:09
Quote:
HonkyTonk
As pleased as I am with the win and improved performance, Im not going to get too carried away until we see it backed up with some consistency. Often this season (recent times) we have seen shoots of promise that get followed with a return to the norm. Despite that, lets enjoy the win and look forward to the next game with some hope.

Agree completely. We shouldn't need to lose four on the bounce to get a reaction from the players. Not convinced we'll show that desire in all the remaining games but I'm a very happy chap at the moment. Gave us something to cheer. More of the same please

mandator (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 18:19
Yes great result but we are still in 9th position and in our next game can we maintain the momentum? Still concerned about the makeup of the current playing management set up to drive us forward next season.

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 18:24
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
Rocker
Quote:
Quinten Poulsen
Quote:
Hellequin

Yes. Fantastic performance. Well done the players.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 18:35
Quote:
Hellequin
Apparently not allowed to question Quinky on here orhe reports you to the Mods
Hellequin
Maybe if Quinky watched more of the games all the way through he would have a better understanding of other fans frustrations he would be able to participate in discussions rather than just indulging in cherry picking and point scoring.

Doktongue sticking out smileylease stop these sort of personal comments on other posters.

My post wasn't abusive and no more condescending than any of his posts towards me.

Eh???

I didn't report you. No idea what you're on about.

Hellequin (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 18:46
Apologies then Qk; maybe DOK was having a senior moment when he sent the pm? It did seem a bit extreme considering the normal discourse on here.

Maybe DOK should explain his reasons for clarification on what can and can't be posted on CAW.

Dibden (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 18:47
That was an unexpected result and well done Quins on demonstrating real determination.I am hopeful this has seen off the possibility of 10th or lower but possibility of finishing higher than 9th not very likely even with our England boys back.But a satisfying win and encouraging

talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 18:56
Typical that they turned it on when I couldn't make the rearranged game!

Great result and what sounds like a good performance. Limiting them to one score is impressive and sounds like we were good value for the win.

Credit to JK and the coaches for finally getting them up for a game in 2018. If we see more of the same in our remaining fixtures maybe people will be a bit more confident about next season.

DOK. (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 21:11
What can and can't be posted on hear is covered in the unwritten rule book. In this case it was the rule about making posts containing digs at other people on CAW.

Quinky Kin is understandably confused, since I made the decision to PM Hellequin without reference to QK.

OK - can we go back to discussing what a good day for the club, team, coaches and supporters it was?

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net