rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Re: Quins v Bath - Match Thread
fandg2 (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 21:40
Anyone know what the penalty count against Harlequins was to-day? My impression was it was low and certainly very low relative to recent games, just wondered what it was

Mayor West (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 22:19
I thought it was still double figures but we didn't give any away while they were knocking on the try line. I think we only gave away one in the scrum which we bossed all afternoon. I thought the pen against Lambo for going off his feet was unfortunate as the player he would have cleared out fell away and the other stepped back so he missed both of them during a promising attack. Penalties didn't cost us the game this week which is an improvement. Let's hope the win gave the players the boost they need and we kick on from here.

ArchQuin (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 22:44
What a nice change to win - and with not much territory - defensively much better in only conceding 5 - onwards to Sarries 🙂

Harley Quin (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 23:23
I thought our back row was sensational today. All three were superb. Great to watch a win again!

04 March, 2018 23:34
Positive attitude that grew into a whiff of actual confidence, despite the lack of ball. Bath were lacklustre, so one swallow etc. But, and its a big one, there was some spirit out there today. Mention in despatches go to Lambo (like a vintage wine, just gets better and better), Glynn, Beast (not his best but effort), Chis (MoM, so abrasive), Roberts (did for Tapuia), Cat and Lang (there’s just something so right about him).

Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 23:56
Quote:
fandg2
Anyone know what the penalty count against Harlequins was to-day? My impression was it was low and certainly very low relative to recent games, just wondered what it was

[www.espn.co.uk]

never sleep (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 04:44
It doesn't sound right somehow. 9 penalties is the same as the Newcastle game. 9 penalties in that game earned us three yellow cards

Dave L (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 07:51
Just what was required. Nothing vintage in that but decent defence and the sort of effort we all wanted to see. Now a few weeks clear before Sarries at Stratford. I hope they use this time wisely.

Jammy Git (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 08:20
Quote:
never sleep
It doesn't sound right somehow. 9 penalties is the same as the Newcastle game. 9 penalties in that game earned us three yellow cards

Yellows aren't just for repeat infringements

O Fortuna, velut luna statu variabilis,
semper crescis aut decrescis

fandg2 (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 08:40
Mmmm funny how you get an impression re penalties. I would have said 4-5 tops but I guess there was some sort of false impression given that Bath were about 50% more ie 15

johnlid (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 08:56
Quote:
T-Bone
So much more like it. First half low on quality, high on effort. Second half did what we had to. Can't fault a single player for effort today. Do that the rest of the season and it'll give us something for next season.
Lewis, while still not particularly good, was so much quicker. Mat carrying hard, Wallace at the breakdown, yet another visser intercept.

Surprised Smith was caught.

I have questioned the effort and commitment recently but not today. Well done to all involved.

Half decent atmosphere too. There are some really miserable fans. One guy in row f or so in northern stand moaning about the cheering. Why bother coming. First win in ages and wonders why people are getting excited.

Really hope we can back that up, even if the season is done in terms of a decent league position

Re Smith, was surprising to be caught by a number 8 however fast. But when he went behind the posts with the other subs for a warm up, I thought he seemed to have a slight limp. Wonder if he's carrying an injury albeit not sufficient to stop him playing

oakhaven (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 09:23
Quote:
johnlid
Re Smith, was surprising to be caught by a number 8 however fast. But when he went behind the posts with the other subs for a warm up, I thought he seemed to have a slight limp. Wonder if he's carrying an injury albeit not sufficient to stop him playing

He seemed to stumble a bit when he reached the Bath 10-metre line so that's very possible - he certainly didn't cover the ground as quickly as I've seen him do before.

southquin (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 10:05
Smith's head was back early in the run i.e around 1/2 way or so. Possible injury or he needs a chat with CW or TV about keeping your sprint form over distance

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 12:41
Quote:
The Absolute Quintet
....Bath were lacklustre, so one swallow etc....Roberts (did for Tapuia)...

Quite a few on Bath board happy for Quins to take Tapuai off their hands. Here's to him proving them wrong, but I am not sure of his abilities - anyone been tracking him?

They aren't so sure why Auterac is off and see that as negative, generally.

raedarius (IP Logged)
06 March, 2018 19:27
Quote:
johnlid
Quote:
T-Bone
So much more like it. First half low on quality, high on effort. Second half did what we had to. Can't fault a single player for effort today. Do that the rest of the season and it'll give us something for next season.
Lewis, while still not particularly good, was so much quicker. Mat carrying hard, Wallace at the breakdown, yet another visser intercept.

Surprised Smith was caught.

I have questioned the effort and commitment recently but not today. Well done to all involved.

Half decent atmosphere too. There are some really miserable fans. One guy in row f or so in northern stand moaning about the cheering. Why bother coming. First win in ages and wonders why people are getting excited.

Really hope we can back that up, even if the season is done in terms of a decent league position

Not that surprised Mercer was able to catch Smith. From a height/weight perspective, he's closer to Visser and Banahan than Smith, but ten years younger.

T-Bone (IP Logged)
07 March, 2018 01:54
Ha, good point

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net