rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Quinssa arrange a Q and A with David Ellis
ChipsteadQuin (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 14:52
Well done to all at Quinssa for again organising a interactive evening with the Club -

Special Quinssa Event - David Ellis - Monday 9 April

We are delighted to confirm that David Ellis has agreed to join us for our April Event to be held in the Members Bar on Monday April 9th at 7.00 for a 7.30 start. David will speak about the season to date followed by a question and answer session.

Re: Quinssa arrange a Q and A with David Ellis
DOK. (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 14:55
Cue the usual set of excuses why the keyboard warriors can't/won't attend (or were quiet as church mice).

Looking forward to this.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 15:04
A Monday? From Somerset? Really? Do it on a Saturday when we can get there please!

I'll happily give someone a list of questions on my behalf.....?

If at first you don't succeed, Try, Try and Try again.

Cookie (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 15:08
Oh, I'll be there alright.

DOK. (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 15:09
I think someone from Quinssa usually volunteers to handle questions from people who can't be there.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 15:19
Give me a name and I'll give you a list!

DOK. (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 15:30
"Special Quinssa Event - David Ellis - Monday 9 April

We are delighted to confirm that David Ellis has agreed to join us for our April Event to be held in the Members Bar on Monday April 9th at 7.00 for a 7.30 start. David will speak about the season to date followed by a question and answer session.

To book a place at this exclusive event, email details of your name and membership number together with the names of any guests to geoff@quinssa.org.uk. The event is open to non members at a cost of £5 with the option of joining Quinssa on the night.

If however you have a question for David but are unable to attend, email the question to the address above and your name and question will be put to David on the night.

As usual we will hold a raffle on the night with the proceeds going to the Academy."

So that's geoff@quinssa.org.uk

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2018 15:48 by DOK.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 16:13
Ok. Composing....

SiBolton (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 16:44
Well I hope the questions are only open to Quinssa members

johnlid (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 17:16
Quote:
SiBolton

Is that because non Quinssa members aren't really Quins supporters

talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 17:36
Wish this was before or after a game. Can never get to weekday things.

But good that they are accepting questions from those who can't get there.

SiBolton (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 17:36
Quote:
johnlid
Quote:
SiBolton

Not at all, as it suggests the event is for”Quinssa members”
And on the night if not a member you can join, and if questions via email you would hope that members questions take preference

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2018 17:50 by SiBolton.

New Forest Quin (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 18:06
Place booked.

Harley Quin (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 18:45
I can’t get down from Yorkshire on a weekday. It’s probably a good job... I have such a high regard for David...

TeddingtonQuin (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 19:58
He's a brave man! I'm sure there will b a speech first to justify the club's position

2 places asked for!

West Stand, Block FD, Row S (if renewed)
@JT075 #COYQ

D-Quins (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 20:39
I wonder if the session could be recorded and podcast on the club site. It would help those who support the club and are currently out of the country. It would be a very good communications tool for the club

D-Quins

Monte (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 08:41
Well we will find out if the abusers on the boards are prepared to ask David Ellis face to face in the same poor manner as they post. At least Eddie Jones' abusers did it to his face. Perhaps they could give their Come All Within pseudonym as well as their name when they stand up?

03 March, 2018 08:57
Quote:
Monte
Well we will find out if the abusers on the boards are prepared to ask David Ellis face to face in the same poor manner as they post. At least Eddie Jones' abusers did it to his face. Perhaps they could give their Come All Within pseudonym as well as their name when they stand up?

What a load of piffle.

So people who question Ellis are 'abusers' now?

Says a lot about someone if they admire the people who abused Jones. Ironic really as you were attempting to take the higher moral ground.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2018 09:03 by talkshowhost86.

Cookie (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 08:53
Quote:
Monte

I spent half an hour face to face with David Ellis last season after emailing him, so don’t tar us all with your keyboard warrior brush. And I haven’t been abusive here, nor to his face.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2018 08:54 by Cookie.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 08:53
Quote:
D-Quins
I wonder if the session could be recorded and podcast on the club site. It would help those who support the club and are currently out of the country. It would be a very good communications tool for the club
D-Quins

That's a good idea

Cookie (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 08:56
Quote:
SiBolton
Quote:
johnlid
Quote:
SiBolton

And on the night if not a member you can join, and if questions via email you would hope that members questions take preference

‘The event is open to non members at a cost of £5 with the option of joining Quinssa on the night.’

johnlid (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 09:15
Quote:
SiBolton
Quote:
johnlid
Quote:
SiBolton

Oh, it's for "Quinssa members". So, presumably, the bit where it says that non Quinssa members can come is wrong then? Guess it must be FAKE NEWS!

ArchQuin (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 09:19
Contracts extended mid-season comes to mind 😎

Hellequin (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 13:05
Quote:
johnlid
Quote:
SiBolton
Quote:
johnlid
Quote:
SiBolton

Oh, it's for "Quinssa members". So, presumably, the bit where it says that non Quinssa members can come is wrong then? Guess it must be FAKE NEWS!

Could also be that cost of QUINSSA membership is £5 the same as the cost of the event so effectively doesn't cost anything extra to become a member on the night and then get free entry to any other events.

SiBolton (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 13:38
Yep you can join Quinssa on the night, and I hope people do
The event was sent out to Quinssa members via email, to the members on the weekly members email, and I hope those that are paid members have preference over people that aren’t members either via email or on the night
Don’t see why some seem to have an issue with that.
Never said better supporters or even implied it or tried to make fake news

ChipsteadQuin (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 13:57
Like most organisations the hard work is done by a handful that benefits the many , and Quinssa is no exception to that.

They represent a great link between the supporters and the Club and put on regular events that are always interesting and informative evenings

The fundraising they do to help local charities is exceptional , and create a very special
relationship between the academy and supporters by helping to fund some of the youngsters

Not to mention coaches / away tickets / pre match meets etc etc

This event is clearly is of interest to many, so I hope that those that don't normally attend can make it .( whether currently members or not)

I doubt anyone is bothered about paying 10p per week to join Quinssa , but it sometimes needs an event that makes you want to attend to push the button

There is also an event on the 28th March with the Stats guys to talk through player performance and video analysis etc , which might also float your boat .

I don't think they bang their own drum enough , so thought I would give them a quick ad !

Well done Quinssa guys and girls .

03 March, 2018 15:36
Quote:
ChipsteadQuin

I don't think they bang their own drum enough , so thought I would give them a quick ad !

Well done Quinssa guys and girls .

+1

@JT075 #COYQ

03 March, 2018 15:42
Quote:
Cookie
Quote:
Monte

I spent half an hour face to face with David Ellis last season after emailing him, so don’t tar us all with your keyboard warrior brush. And I haven’t been abusive here, nor to his face.

Same here. I'll be at the event and will be asking the same questions that I have here:
Coaching
Discipline
Last nights shambolic postponement
Future of The Stoop

@JT075 #COYQ

03 March, 2018 15:52
Quote:
TeddingtonQuin
Quote:
Cookie
Quote:
Monte

I spent half an hour face to face with David Ellis last season after emailing him, so don�t tar us all with your keyboard warrior brush. And I haven�t been abusive here, nor to his face.

Same here. I'll be at the event and will be asking the same questions that I have here:
Coaching
Discipline
Last nights shambolic postponement
Future of The Stoop

You're such an abuser TQ. How dare you.

Bedfordshire Boy (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 15:52
Quote:
talkshowhost86
Quote:
Monte

What a load of piffle.

So people who question Ellis are 'abusers' now?

Says a lot about someone if they admire the people who abused Jones. Ironic really as you were attempting to take the higher moral ground.

Fail to see how you draw that conclusion.

03 March, 2018 15:54
Quote:
talkshowhost86

You're such an abuser TQ. How dare you.

How very dare you

@JT075 #COYQ

Cookie (IP Logged)
01 May, 2018 12:31
Who’s coming this evening?

SiBolton (IP Logged)
01 May, 2018 12:35
Wouldn’t miss it, interested to hear some answers

Bedfordshire Boy (IP Logged)
01 May, 2018 12:49
Me too.

WellingQuin (IP Logged)
01 May, 2018 13:32
Bit too much for me to do on a Tuesday evening, unfortunately. Will there be some sort of recording of the Q&A?

never sleep (IP Logged)
01 May, 2018 13:37
I am not going to be there - but, if I could ask one question at the minute, it would be:
"There are stories in the Daily Mail (specifically regarding Quins involvement in USA and the cost of terminating contracts). While I do not for one minute believe all that I read in the press (specifically when that press is the Daily Mail), is there any truth in the stories, or, alternatively, would it be possible for you to tell the true stories?"

That is not the only question that I could ask - but it would be nice to allow the accused to defend himself?
I am assuming that a question like - "Who have you chosen as next DOR and why?" is a pointless question that would not get an answer that is of any use to anyone.

Cookie (IP Logged)
01 May, 2018 14:00
If nobody else asks the coaching termination costs and American investment cost, I will. Hopefully we can keep them as separate questions so they can get answered with individual focus.

mandator (IP Logged)
01 May, 2018 14:31
Someone please post a summary of this evenings meeting on this site. Thanks

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
01 May, 2018 14:43
Could somebody suggest that it is released, rather than the usual flannel about keeping it inside 4 walls? Responses to important questions shouldn't be available only to those without other responsibilities on a given date.

RleQuin (IP Logged)
01 May, 2018 14:49
Quote:
RodneyRegis
Could somebody suggest that it is released, rather than the usual flannel about keeping it inside 4 walls? Responses to important questions shouldn't be available only to those without other responsibilities on a given date.

Excellent idea!
RleQ

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
01 May, 2018 14:57
Quote:
RodneyRegis

Well said that man (or lady as I have never met them/him/her)

T-Bone (IP Logged)
01 May, 2018 15:01
I'm going. I didn't realise Nick Mullins was doing the interview. Confident he'll do a good job as Paxman. He has confirmed on twitter he'll be asking about costs of releasing coaches and the USA investment issue.

I'm not volunteering to do a write up as I am useless at taking notes, but unless I am sworn to secrecy I'll probably put down my thoughts on here tomorrow.

Cookie (IP Logged)
01 May, 2018 15:10
I plan to record it on my phone!

QuinAlan (IP Logged)
01 May, 2018 15:22
Why doesn’t he answer these questions on a video which can be released for all to see & hear?

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
01 May, 2018 15:25
Quote:
Cookie

Remember to pixelate peoples faces

jonf (IP Logged)
01 May, 2018 15:36
Quote:
HonkyTonk
Quote:
RodneyRegis

Well said that man (or lady as I have never met them/him/her)

Agreed, I’m working abroad so cannot attend but want answers to the current state of the club.

Cookie (IP Logged)
01 May, 2018 15:43
Quote:
HonkyTonk
Quote:
Cookie

Audio only.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
01 May, 2018 15:48
Quote:
Cookie
Quote:
HonkyTonk
Quote:
Cookie

Audio only.

In that case use actors voices to protect those involved

Safri-quin (IP Logged)
01 May, 2018 16:03
All right you brave keyboard warriors... calm down...

This evening will be recorded - and the audio file will be made available on Quinssa website for those that cant attend.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
01 May, 2018 16:07
Quote:
Safri-quin

This evening will be recorded - and the audio file will be made available on Quinssa website for those that cant attend.

How unkind, but thanks for recording

01 May, 2018 17:09
Quote:
Safri-quin

Damn these people who don't live in Twickenham or have plans on a Tuesday weeknight.

Sorry....keyboard warriors.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
01 May, 2018 17:19
Quote:
talkshowhost86
Quote:
Safri-quin

Damn these people who don't live in Twickenham or have plans on a Tuesday weeknight.

Sorry....keyboard warriors.

Yeah I must calm down and not go out on the lash but instead go to the Stoop with some strangers

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2018 17:20 by blucherquin.

QuinAlan (IP Logged)
01 May, 2018 17:30
I would very much like to attend but am confined to bed (& bathroom) with a serious stomach infection, the result of which very much mirrors Quins performances recently!

Brown Bottle (IP Logged)
01 May, 2018 17:56
Quote:
QuinAlan
I would very much like to attend but am confined to bed (& bathroom) with a serious stomach infection, the result of which very much mirrors Quins performances recently!

You could probably come to an arrangement with Grunge Quin involving applause.

BB

Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
01 May, 2018 17:59
(Sm6)

QuinAlan (IP Logged)
01 May, 2018 18:06
The team & myself do have something in common. A very weak defence!

Navyquin (IP Logged)
01 May, 2018 19:06
Quote:
Safri-quin

Apologies for expecting my first child and having to be on standby to drive to the hospital, please forgive me and all those who cannot attend.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2018 19:11 by Navyquin.

Cookie (IP Logged)
01 May, 2018 19:40
So........turns out JK signed his new contract last June. Boggles the mind that a) it happened then and b) they announced it when they did.

And I'd like it noted that my question was a semi-defence of JK and asking how deep the cuts will go in replacing coaches, highlighting that everyone was gunning for JK, NE and NEv, while MM got off scott free.

T-Bone (IP Logged)
02 May, 2018 09:20
Thanks to Quinssa for organising. Was a very enjoyable and informative evening

DOK. (IP Logged)
02 May, 2018 14:44
Yes, whatever you thought of what we heard, thank you to Quinssa for organising it and thank you to David Ellis for appearing.

QuinAlan (IP Logged)
21 May, 2018 06:35
What happened to the video recording of this evening which was promised to be made available?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/05/2018 07:59 by QuinAlan.

mighty_quin (IP Logged)
24 May, 2018 15:49
Any idea?
I would like to know too

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
24 May, 2018 17:06
Me 3

Tarquin (IP Logged)
24 May, 2018 17:32
QUINSSA event. QUINSSA stated there would either be a video or sound recording of this event. Does ANYONE on the QUINSSA committee want to comment as to why this hasn’t been published to their QUINSSA members. If there’s no recording or you where advised not to publish this then please simply say so!

InsertQuinsPunHere (IP Logged)
24 May, 2018 18:03
Ring the club... Er, your local quinssa representative

Tarquin (IP Logged)
24 May, 2018 18:22
Quote:
InsertQuinsPunHere
Ring the club... Er, your local quinssa representative

Well done. After your years of posting on here, You very nearly came across as credible, not. Leave the question to the big boys.

24 May, 2018 19:55
You're welcome :-)

Anyway, since each and every quinssa email comes with a helpful list of people you can email, my point stands...

For example: geoff@quinssa.org.uk who organised the event.

So perhaps the big boys can take action now someone's shown them how.

Tarquin (IP Logged)
24 May, 2018 20:03
QUINSSA, accordingly to you, no longer read or post on this board. OK, I’ll grab my coat.

24 May, 2018 20:13
No, some of them pop along from time to time, but if you want to raise something, direct contact is always better than shouting into the void on a forum!

Tarquin (IP Logged)
24 May, 2018 20:29
There are 3 at least QUINSSA committee members that read/post on this board. Geoff is one of them. Where are they to answer a simple question?

QuinAlan (IP Logged)
24 May, 2018 20:30
Well I don’t consider it’s shouting into a void when those of us unable to attend were assured that the evening was being recorded & made available earlier on in this very thread. DOK do you have any info on this? If it’s not been allowed to be circulated for some unknown obscure reason then it would be nice to know.

DOK. (IP Logged)
24 May, 2018 21:10
No, I'm as ignorant as the rest of you (honest). I can't think of any reason not to provide it. There was nothing controversial that I can remember that would be reason not to supply it. Maybe it's just hanging round on someone's "to do" list.

SiBolton (IP Logged)
24 May, 2018 21:18
It does seem to be taking sometime
Out of interest how many of those asking are Quinssa members?

mighty_quin (IP Logged)
24 May, 2018 21:21
I am.

I was booked for the first date, but on holiday for the second.

24 May, 2018 21:27
Quote:
Tarquin
There are 3 at least QUINSSA committee members that read/post on this board. Geoff is one of them. Where are they to answer a simple question?

Knowing he posts on this board suggests that you either know him in that tangible world we call real life, or at least know his username on here. So why haven't you:
a) emailed / spoken to him?
b) sent him a message?

What good do you think posting on here will do?

If you merely want everyone to be aware of the answer, report back once you've got one.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net