rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Re: Quinssa arrange a Q and A with David Ellis
blucherquin (IP Logged)
24 May, 2018 21:48
Either way it takes a few mins to process and post an audio file. It’s now all far too late and we were specially promised. Event was start of May.

QuinAlan (IP Logged)
24 May, 2018 21:58
I’m a Quinssa member too.

PickledPelican (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 15:07
I was told by a Quinssa Committee member, that the recording of the evening had been handed to the club for processing / formatting!
I commented that we'd all be happy with a poor quality version, as it was a proper representation of the evening... Not edited, touched up!
I also said to the committee member that any editing would put into question the integrity of not only the club, but also Quinssa.
There were plenty there with phone recording the event, any editing will become obvious......

Quinssa do great things for us supporters, but imho are a little too comfortable with the club.
An example, JKs Quinssa presentation, pitch side at the Stoop, midweek.
Who gave out the invitations to that event?
Apparently, only committee members attended......on the spur of the moment, on a weekday!

Rant over......

Safri-quin (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 16:16
1) the recording - there is nothing nefarious going on. Nothing was handed over to the club. The Club offered to record the event and make the recording available to Quinssa.
We are waiting on them to provide to us & have chased them. I would think it is the case of someone finding the time to do it rather than malicious editing. Given is holiday season, it is possible the resource at club who was tasked with processing the audio file is out.
As mentioned on this thread, it would be counter productive to provide a watered down/redacted version,given numerous people seemed to be recording event on the night.

2) JK presentation: We had hoped to make the presentation on the Saturday at Exeter game. It was at request of Club that we kept it low key, as JK didn't want his departure to overshadow all that was happening on last day of season.
It was suggested that the captains run on Friday would be a suitable opportunity, and we were asked to keep numbers as low as possible. The presentation was made ON BEHALF of all the members of Quinssa - sorry if that is perceived as inappropriate closeness with Club.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/05/2018 16:24 by Safri-quin.

ChipsteadQuin (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 17:49
Just to clarify for those that weren't there , the recording was not done by a tape recorder laid in front of them like is often seen at press conferences , it was done by a fixed film camera on a tripod from the middle of the room .

From what I understand Quinssa didn't ask for this to be recorded , that was offered by the Club who said they would place a copy on the Quinssa website , that info was subsequently relayed to members in good faith .

Ideally film recording should have been uploaded soon after the event , but it hasn't yet for whatever reason and whilst it should still happen its relevance is diminishing

But I must say , if I was on the Quinssa committee I would be pretty fed up if my integrity was called into question about this ( or the presentation to JK for that matter ) , and would urge those that seek to do that to think twice.

These guys ( and girls ) are just fellow fans that volunteer and enjoy organising for the benefit of all and don't deserve criticism for things outside their control .

Tarquin (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 18:07
So why not relay all of that to the QUINSSA members before it exculated to this? Regardless of part of the recent posts, there is a a photo on the web showing clearly ONLY the QUINSSA committee with JK. This could easily of been extended to include QUINSSA members. QUINSSA committee have turned this into a shambles.

Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 18:47
Sounds to me like Quinssa has done just what the club wanted. I can't see anything shambolic there.

SiBolton (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 19:24
Quote:
Tarquin
So why not relay all of that to the QUINSSA members before it exculated to this? Regardless of part of the recent posts, there is a a photo on the web showing clearly ONLY the QUINSSA committee with JK. This could easily of been extended to include QUINSSA members. QUINSSA committee have turned this into a shambles.

Are you serious?
Did you read the comments about “ At the clubs request”
Should they have said “ No we want all our members here to say bye to JK”
As for escalated, a few people on here whinging on here is hardly a major drama, let’s be honest it par for the course on CAW

But at the end of the day here’s a thought why not stand for the committee and show everyone what a better job you would do instead having a go at people who volunteer their time

blucherquin (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 19:42
It takes no time at all to “process” a bit of audio whether it’s in a video file or not.

Should have been done ages ago.

Tarquin (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 21:21
SiBolton. That was a very important CEO event for a maximum of 250 people.

I didn't understand that you only do a better job if you're paid. Now go and have a chat with the Honorary Stewards at HQ tomorrow Saturday Premiership final and Sunday England/Barbarians and the following w/e 2 full days of the severns.

I'll give up on waiting for this video afterall!

QuinAlan (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 21:25
Thanks for the explanation. As mentioned the event is already losing relevance, but it would have been good to have viewed it.

SiBolton (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 21:34
Quote:
Tarquin
I didn't understand that you only do a better job if you're paid. Now go and have a chat with the Honorary Stewards at HQ tomorrow Saturday Premiership final and Sunday England/Barbarians and the following w/e 2 full days of the severns.

Sorr6 your comment was about meeting JK pitchside, not the CEO event
You’ve had a go at the Quinssa committee, you’ve said “ Turned into a farce” they give their time for free and do a great job just like the stewards you mention, but obviously not good enough by your standards

blucherquin (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 22:18
Quote:
SiBolton
Quote:
Tarquin

Sorr6 your comment was about meeting JK pitchside, not the CEO event
You’ve had a go at the Quinssa committee, you’ve said “ Turned into a farce” they give their time for free and do a great job just like the stewards you mention, but obviously not good enough by your standards

Or they’re a little bit of a cozy group and it’s a bit trainspottery.

Nothing wrong with that but it’s not everyone’s taste.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 26/05/2018 04:36 by blucherquin.

SiBolton (IP Logged)
26 May, 2018 09:12
By Cozy do you mean that Quinssa get on too well with the club?
Or they get on too well with each other?

Fearless Fred (IP Logged)
26 May, 2018 09:23
So, now JK's gone, I see we've decided that until we can have a go at PG & the new GM that QUINSSA are the new Bete Noir for some folk. How long before we decide it's all the fault of the steward at the front of block BE because he once stood up in front of the pitch to see what was happening at an Anglo-welsh game, blocking someone's view for 5 seconds?

samlee99 (IP Logged)
26 May, 2018 10:22
Quote:
Fearless Fred
So, now JK's gone, I see we've decided that until we can have a go at PG & the new GM that QUINSSA are the new Bete Noir for some folk. How long before we decide it's all the fault of the steward at the front of block BE because he once stood up in front of the pitch to see what was happening at an Anglo-welsh game, blocking someone's view for 5 seconds?

Exactly. As long as there is someone to hate some posters will always be happy.

TeddingtonQuin (IP Logged)
26 May, 2018 10:27
I'd guess that the club don't want to release it as David Ellis didn't come out of it smelling of roses, quite a few times he appeared chastened by some of the questions from the floor

West Stand, Block FD, Row S (if renewed)
@JT075 #COYQ

DOK. (IP Logged)
26 May, 2018 12:04
I thought he did a good job. Took the criticism on the chin or deflected it. Got his message across. Many a CEO in front of angry shareholders wouldn't have done as well.

SiBolton (IP Logged)
26 May, 2018 12:27
Quote:
DOK
I thought he did a good job. Took the criticism on the chin or deflected it. Got his message across. Many a CEO in front of angry shareholders wouldn't have done as well.

Just about to say the same, thought it went well on the night
Well organised by Quinssa and the club all round

Tarquin (IP Logged)
26 May, 2018 20:40
SiBolton. QUINSSA have and are doing an excellent job, just not on this occasion. Thanks to folk like yourself who dedicated their free time to the quinssa committee

SiBolton (IP Logged)
27 May, 2018 06:42
I’m not on the Quinssa committee, but as already asked are you on about meeting JK at pitchside? This was requested by the club to be a small event
Or the recording ,again explained that the club have the recording and not Quinssa

Cookie (IP Logged)
27 May, 2018 06:54
Any complaints about QUINSSA are utterly ridiculous and totally unfounded.

As seems to be being constantly ignored, they have and are working within the parameters of what the club will permit. That was explained very clearly.

Keep up the good work, QUINSSA.

Tarquin (IP Logged)
27 May, 2018 08:21
Correct. You are no longer on the committee and cookie is correct. Quinssa are doing a great job but let a few down by not posting that video or explaining why the video wasn’t posted.

SiBolton (IP Logged)
27 May, 2018 09:04
Ok thanks, so you’ve cleared it up you are on about the evening with DE
Your earlier post was on about the pith side picture, but now you refer to the evening event

Quote:
Tarquin

And with regards the evening with DE it’s been explained on here that club have it
Yes I agree maybe something in Quinssa newsletter would have helped, but must admit I haven’t seen anything.last update was on May the 4th saying will be on website shortly,and that was lost communication from Quinssa

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
27 May, 2018 11:24
Quote:
Safri-quin
All right you brave keyboard warriors... calm down...
This evening will be recorded - and the audio file will be made available on Quinssa website for those that cant attend.

Before we get too outraged, the post above is pretty unequivocal smiling smiley

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
27 May, 2018 11:27
Quote:
InsertQuinsPunHere
Quote:
Tarquin
There are 3 at least QUINSSA committee members that read/post on this board. Geoff is one of them. Where are they to answer a simple question?

Knowing he posts on this board suggests that you either know him in that tangible world we call real life, or at least know his username on here. So why haven't you:
a) emailed / spoken to him?
b) sent him a message?

What good do you think posting on here will do?

If you merely want everyone to be aware of the answer, report back once you've got one.

This is a very odd post. We know that several committee members post pretty frequently, so what better forum than the actual thread where the audio was promised?

InsertQuinsPunHere (IP Logged)
27 May, 2018 12:06
I just think that one will get a better response from talking to someone directly, rather than talking out loud in general and hoping your target hears and responds.

As evidenced by the response pickled pelican got and relayed.

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
29 May, 2018 10:37
Iraq Nut doth "exculate" too much...

QUINNSA - thumbs down

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net